What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

81. Habana Blues (2005 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Benito Zambrano) first viewing 7/10

The Music really pulls the movie trough. They made a rather poor decission to make a movie about Cuban music combined with so much drama. Make a movie about the music scene in Cuba while showing Cuba, or make a drama movie while showing Cuba. But don't make a combination of music movie and drama while not showing Cuba. Another thing I didn't really like was that they were on about 'pure' art, not selling out etc., yet the movie itself relies on a lot of sentiment and plot trics to keep it for an audience as wide as possible; don't criticise other forms of art while you're doing the same thing in your own art form. The music was really, really great though. All cuban and it goes from Cuban hip hop to Cuban metal, and it sounded all great. Thanks to the music I'm still giving this a 7/10.

82. Jumanji (1995 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Joe Johnston) second viewing 6.5

Seen this before of course, youth sentiment. But it's always nice to see ayoung Kirsten Dunst dressed in silly clothes with silly tails in her hair running after Robin Williams. Fits perfectly in the category of movies like "Hook" and the like. 6.5/10

83. Above the Law (1988 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Andrew Davies) second viewing 6/10

Seen this before as well, but I felt like seeing it again. First movie starring action hero Steven Seagal. It's succeeds in doing what it's made for but doesn't do anything more. 6/10

84. Annie Hall (1977 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Woody Allen) second viewing 9/10

It's so modern, considering this is form '77. It uses so much great and smart tricks to add to the humor, it's so clever. With references to the greatest directors in the history of cinema. The humor is so mart and, dang, I couldn't get enough of this movie, it kept surprising me. Another great 'intellectual' comedy by Woody Allen. And forgive, I need to do the thing that I despise. Quote lines from a movie.

Alvy Singer: What's with all these awards? They're always giving out awards. Best Fascist Dictator: Adolf Hitler.

Alvy Singer: I don't want to move to a city where the only cultural advantage is being able to make a right turn on a red light

Alvy Singer: A relationship, I think, is like a shark. You know? It has to constantly move forward or it dies. And I think what we got on our hands is a dead shark.

Duane: Can I confess something? I tell you this as an artist,I think you'll understand. Sometimes when I'm driving... on the road at night... I see two headlights coming toward me. Fast. I have this sudden impulse to turn the wheel quickly, head-on into the oncoming car. I can anticipate the explosion. The sound of shattering glass. The... flames rising out of the flowing gasoline.

Alvy Singer: Right. Well, I have to - I have to go now, Duane, because I, I'm due back on the planet Earth.

A MUST SEE! 9/10

85. The Straight Story (1999 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ David Lynch) first viewing 7.5/10

A film that on first sight is totaly different to Lynch's other works. It's simple and for a wide public. But when you look closer you can see a lot of his style in it. It's a calm and modest story, filmed in a calm way, but at moments not so modest. At some points the shots are almost epic and too mechanic, which doesn't really fits in the movie, but it's not really annoying either. Well timed music. Sometimes it's a bit corney, but I couldn't help it. I liked it. But no masterpiece. 7.5/10

[edit]

I knew I forgot something.

86. Masterclass (2005 - Hans Teeuwen) 6.5/10

A Dutch movie by a Dutch comedian, this is his first work as a director. It's about Peer Mascini, a Dutch 'actor' who used to give masterclasses to starting and already working actors. His masterclasses are so special, they have a lot of influence on the way you think of acting, it can even make you stop acting, it really turns the meaning of acting inside-out. His last masterclass made a student commit suicide so he stopped giving the masterclasses. Now a former student of him arranged one final masterclass to six students of the acting acadamy of Eindhoven (a big Dutch city). At first they made a short video of of famous Dutch actors and actresses who took his masterclass in the past, they all said how much influence it had on them, and how horrible the experience was of taking his masterclass. They show that to the students and to us. Later we get to see how the students take the masterclass.

The thing is, the whole thing about his masterclasses are made up, and the students don't know that.

They honestly believe all the things he say, think he's brilliant and so. Peer makes them tell very personal things like what emotion is according to them, and acts so mysteriously and vague that they aren't certain of what to say, they don't understand a word of what he's saying, yet they're cỏ̮̦̉rperating because they think he's such a genious (that's what all the famous people told them). All kind of weird things happen during the masterclass (Peer even runs out of the class in his underpants).

The film really reminded me of Passolini's last movie "SalÃÆÃâÃâò", but without the raping, poop eating and other things. I thought it was a really mean 'joke' towards the actors. But the concept on itself is pretty interesting. The film is pretty short and filmed in documantary style. 6.5/10

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

@mr putter: oldboy is number 3 on my list, so i thought it was pretty good :D . and i dont think the requiem for a dream soundtrack was also used in the two towers, they are just similar types of music. i cant be positive, though.

a whole week and i only got to watch three movies :( .

Walk the Line - im really not a fan of this sort of movie. small time guy makes it big and then plunders only to regain everything at the end. not a big fan of the music either, so this movie didnt have much going for me. it was good though, i was very suprised by phoenix and witherspoons performance. not one i would watch again because it doesnt interest me.

Elizabethtown - i hate kirsten dunst. if she never talked, and had a bag over her head the whole time i would be ok with her. i never really watched the previews for this movie when it came out. i saw kirsten dunst and orlando bloom in a love story, and then immediatly ignored it. a friend really liked it, and wanted to watch it so i watched it too. it was actually better than i thought it would be, but still kirsten dunst ruined it for me. im so biased against her that i wont even really say either way if its good or not. at the end when the credits said directed by cameron crowe i was very suprised, but then everything did fall into place. it did have that sort of feel to the movie, not some hollywood movie they pass of as romances nowadays.

Rounders - i played poker last night, and i had time to watch a movie before i went. decided this would be fitting. reviewed it before, it is an enjoyable movie, if you like poker. 1998, so it was about 5 years before the fad hit mainstream. not that that really makes a difference, but yeah. oh, and dont watch this movie right before you play, i was first out :lol: . the worst ive ever done before this was 7th out of 18 players. (in texas holdem, flopped a straight and never bet on it, just like in the movie. ended up not getting anything :lol: . next hand i lost with 3 aces vs somebodies full house, i was all in :lol: )

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

and i dont think the requiem for a dream soundtrack was also used in the two towers, they are just similar types of music. i cant be positive, though.

That's what I said. But watch the first trailer here:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1804738128/trailer

About a minute in it starts. I'm pretty sure it's just the trailer that its in though, I may be wrong again.

So anyways, I watched my 2 hours documentary on T.E. Lawrence...entitled "Lawrence of Arabia: The Battle for the Arab World". As documentaries go it was pretty good. I was really inpressed by how much he was able to do in his life, and this documentary showed that, but also showed that he was still just a man, and that was all he really wanted to be (though he did at times want to be a hero).

I kinda wanna see the movie now, except that I know more than I should. There won't be any surprise, but I didn't want to waste the 5 bucks I spent ;). It also might be good cuz I'll actually understand what's going on, and I'll see how historically accurate it is...But sometimes knowledge is a curse.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Full Metal Jacket

First time watching, and wow, it was a lot different than I expected. All you ever hear about is R. Lee Hermey's lines and his character. One of the best war movies out there.

Vertical Limit

Err, really stunk. Innacurate, weak characters, weak plot, etc. Kept me into it though.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Two weeks ago I went to see Jarhead and Derailed on the same day. Despite the bad reviews, Derailed was actually okay. The beginning was fairly slow though. Jarhead, was interesting, enjoyable and funny. It was slow almost the whole way through, but that was part of the point. Admittedly, I was only interested at first because Jake Gyllanhaal was acting in it and Sam Mendes was directing, but not counting the more grusome scenes (I covered my eyes), I lived up to its good reviews.

I don't really see why the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack reminds you of Lord of the Rings II, I don't even recognize it, even if you said it was a minute in the trailer. But meh.

Hellraiser - Fun, Classic, Pinhead, Gore. 7/10

Hellbound: Hellraiser II - A lot of gore and a great score. That's about it for this movie. 5/10

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth - Hahahaha! 4/10

Hellraiser: Bloodline - Better known as Hellraiser part IV. I didn't like this one. 3/10

Hellraiser: Inferno - Better known as Hellraiser part V. I fell asleep after one hour of this, have to finish it.

21o4pav.jpg

Wow you rated date movie pretty highly. Personally i think it the worst film ever made so far this year, possibly even this century.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I haven't got the pleasure of seeing it yet. It's looking like a lot of fun though.

21o4pav.jpg

I haven't got the pleasure of seeing it yet. It's looking like a lot of fun though.
Don't waste your money Daan

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

But it feels so good to feel better than the rest of the audience who will like the movie. :P

21o4pav.jpg

But it feels so good to feel better than the rest of the audience who will like the movie. :P
Have you ever walked out of a movie before it ended?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Nah, don't do that. If I want to say a movie is bad I have to see the whole thing. Me and my mate almost walked out of Edison though, but we decided to have a good laugh instead of walking out, and he never walked out of a movie either, not even when he saw "Raise your voice" at the sneak preview. :P

Have you walked out?

[edit]I do play really bad movies on double speed sometimes though. :P

21o4pav.jpg

Well my advice if you go and see this film is not to bother taking your coat off. lol

From imdb "The only good thing about Date Movie is its short running time so you won't have to be tortured for more than 80 minutes" lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Why did you see it, Matt? lol
It had Carmen Electra in it.. and I didnt pay to see it ;)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I was feeling a bit tired after a hgeavy Friday night but i did manage to get in a few movies.

Pirates of the Caribbean

and

Jurrasic Park ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I don't really see why the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack reminds you of Lord of the Rings II, I don't even recognize it, even if you said it was a minute in the trailer. But meh.
It doesn't really remind of the LOTR movies, cuz they had a wide variety of original score, but I knew I had heard it before.
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

It doesn't really remind of the LOTR movies, cuz they had a wide variety of original score, but I knew I had heard it before.

Yea, but I don't hear it in LoTR, not even at the parts you say it should be that's why I don't see why you say you think you heard it before.

OT.

Nochnoi Dozor - It was okay. It looked pretty good, but way too bussy at some points, which was really annoying. Other than that it was pretty action packed but nothing new. It was okay, but nothing more. 6/10

If you like action movies with epic battles between good and evil and so. You should see this movie, it's as easy to get as any blockbuster because it's distributed by Fox.

Umberto D. - Pfft, what an amazing movie. It's another "it just doesn't get much better than this". 9/10

21o4pav.jpg