What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

UnderWorld: Evlution

~bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

I watched the Professional. Gary Oldman gives an AMAZINGLY STUPENDOUS performance, how he didn't win a supporting Oscar is beyond me, and he didn't even get nominated? A crime. Ridiculous. He was the perfect villain. Jean Reno was also exceptional.

Overall excellent movie. Great action, great story, great times 8) .

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I watched the Professional. Gary Oldman gives an AMAZINGLY STUPENDOUS performance, how he didn't win a supporting Oscar is beyond me, and he didn't even get nominated? A crime. Ridiculous. He was the perfect villain. Jean Reno was also exceptional.

Overall excellent movie. Great action, great story, great times 8) .

not my second favorite movie for nothing 8) .

My Big Fat Independent Movie - for those of you who have seen scary movie, this movie is doing the same things, just with independent movies. did i mention it is a comedy? if youve seen it before, you may be suprised that it is called a comedy. the jokes are stupid, the acting isnt the good make fun of somebody stuff, its more or less crap. it was also pretty boring, the only thing that kept me interested was noticing all the movies it was spoofing. the only things i didnt get were the "my big fat greek wedding" references, and who jonny vince was. those were the only two movies i missed, i think. if youve ever seen this movie before, it would be cool if you knew what they were spoofing with that jonny vince character, and people who have not seen this movie may know what im talking about, there is some guy in a trunk of a car called steve who is injured, and i know ive seen it before. i just cant think of what it was. anyways, if you watch a lot of independant films, its kind of cool to watch this and see what ones they spoof. if you are looking for a movie to enertain you or make you laugh or make you think or do anything to you at all, dont watch it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Cacḫ̩̉̉ - At ze Dutch premiere. Amazing, amazing amazing. Perfect, brrr, this was so good. Scenery, acting, no music; it was so frightingly real. Got the chance? Go see it IN CINEMA! Can't get anybody with you? GO ALONE, it's not a movie where you'll see a lot of pop-corn audience. Don't watch it if you're bad with blood or something, it has got two scenes with blood that are pretty 'rough', one specially (and that was 'rough for my standards, not saw rough). Takes a little bit of patience though, especially in the beginning. 9/10.

Missed a few I've seen the lat few days because I was at my grandma's house. Here's the complete list with ratings of the first month of 2006.

1. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005 - Tim Burton) first viewing 8.5

2. King Kong (2005 - Peter Jackson) first viewing 8.

3. Bellissima (1951 - Luchino Visctoni) second viewing 7.5/10

4. No Direction Home (2005 - Martin Scorsese) second viewing 8/10

5. Banshun (1949 - Yasujiro Ozu) first viewing 9/10

6. Kung Fu Hustle (2004 - Stephen Chow) first viewing 7/10

7. Blade Runner (1982 - Ridley Scott) first viewing 8.5/10

8. Layer Cake (2004 - Matthew Vaughn) first viewing 7/10

9. 12 Angry Men (1957 - Sidney Lument) second viewing 9/10

10. La Seconda Volta (1996 - Mimmo Calopresti) first viewing 7.5/10

11. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981 - Steven Spielberg) second viewing 8/10

12. Oldboy (2003 - Chan-Wook Park) second viewing 8.5/10

13. Batman (1989 - Tim Burton) second viewing 7/10

14. Mrs. Henderson Presents (2005 - Stephen Freirs) first viewing 7/10

15. High Fidelity (2000 - Stephen Freirs) second viewing 7/10

16. The Island (2005 - Michael Bay) first viewing 6.5/10

17. 37ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâð2 le matin (1986 - Jean-Jaques Beineix) first viewing 9/10

18. Lost: The Complete First Season (2004) first viewing

19. Be Cool (2005 - F Gary Gray) first viewing 4/10

20. Das Boot (1985 Uncut Version - Wolfgang Petersen) second viewing 8/10

21. Bronenosets Potyomkin (1925 - Sergei M. Eisenstein) second viewing 8/10

22. NÃÆÃâÃâóz w Wodzie (1962 - Roman Polanski) second viewing 8.7/10

23. Casanova (2005 - Lasse Hallstr̮̦̉̉m) first viewing 5/10

24. Duck Soup (1927 - Fred Guiol) first viewing 7/10

25. Goodfellas (1990 - Martin Scorsese) second viewing 7.5/10

26. Tarzan (1999) first viewing 6/10

27. KronkÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s New Groove (2005) first viewing 6.5/10

28. Simpsons Season one marathon first viewing

29. Simspsons Season two marathon first viewing

30. The Bourne Identity (2002 - Doug Liman) second viewing 7/10

31. The Constant Gardener (2005 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Fernando Meirelles) first viewing 9/10

32. Boondock Saints (1999 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Troy Duffy) second viewing 8/10

32. Nuovo Cinema Paradiso (1989 - Guiseppe Tornatore) second viewing 8.5/10

33. The Bourne Supremacy (2004 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Paul Greengrass) second viewing 5/10

34. Munich (2006 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Steven Spielberg) first viewing 7.5/10

35. Rocky IV (1985 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Sylvester Stalone) second viewing 6.5/10

36. The Birds (1963 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Alfred Hitchcock) second viewing 8.5/10

37. Reform School Girl (1957 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Edward Bernds) first viewing 6.5/10

38. Deuce Bigalow: European Gigelo (2005 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Mike Bigelow) first viewing 3/10

39. Wedding Crashers (2005 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ David Dobkin) first viewing 7.5/10

40. Weird Science (1985 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ John Hughes) second viewing 7/10

41. Ghost Busters (1984 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Ivan Reitman) second viewing 7.5/10

42. Ghost Busters II (1989 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Ivan Reitman) second viewing 6.5/10

43. Cacḫ̩̉̉ (2005 - Michael Haneken) first viewing 9/10

:)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

The Hidden Fortress - the second in my akira kurosawa criterion collection, and much much more enjoyable than the first. i found the acting to be better, and i enjoyed the storyline much more. it was filmed fairly well, except for some of the parts they are being shot at, that just sucked. you see them run across a field, no one shooting. they duck behind a small mound, the camera the jumps and it shows that hill being riddled with bullets for a second. i was very dissapointed with that part of the movie. this was better than seven samurai though.

L. A. Confidential - great movie, the comment on imdb is best cop movie ever. id have to agree (off the top of my head, i might have fogetten about something). takes place in the 1950s or 60s, something like that. cops think they solved a case, but a few find that all is not right. interesting twists to the story, and everythign flows together quite nicely. there are a ton of big name stars in this too, and they all act very well. definently a must see, very enertaining.

Million Dollar Baby - i dont really like these types of movies, but its was done ok i guess. i was bored the whole time, never really got into it. the acting was good enough. it didnt grab me at all though, and it took forever. around the climax of the movie i was thinking that it was an ok movie, nothing really special. i look how much time is left, thinking around 5 minutes, but there was 40 minutes left. that 40 minutes could have easily been contained into 5 or 10 minutes. just went on and on and on. i wouldnt ever watch this movie again, definently not my style.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Seen two fantastic films today:

Hotel Rwanda

A brilliant film and very well acted, but what was most remarkable was what it brought to attention, how the UN neglected Rwanda and how we turned our backs. It really does hammer it home from the perspective of the people living there at the time, and makes you wonder just how we can call ourselves aware and "civilized".

Cinderella Man

A heartwarming tale, brilliantly acted by Russel Crowe, i thought the guy who played Joey was very good as well. Generally i love boxing films, in all shapes and sizes and this was no exception.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Derailed: Didn't actually plan on seeing this, but seeing as Walk the Line was sold out, I did.

It was much better than I expected it to be and the movie kept me entertained throughout, which was pretty surprising.

Good storyline to it with a little twist in it. Worth catching if you can.

sig2ho7.jpg

Million Dollar Baby - i dont really like these types of movies, but its was done ok i guess. i was bored the whole time, never really got into it. the acting was good enough. it didnt grab me at all though, and it took forever. around the climax of the movie i was thinking that it was an ok movie, nothing really special. i look how much time is left, thinking around 5 minutes, but there was 40 minutes left. that 40 minutes could have easily been contained into 5 or 10 minutes. just went on and on and on. i wouldnt ever watch this movie again, definently not my style.

It's a shame you can't see why Clint Eastwood 'dragged it out' for 40 minutes. That's the essence of the movie, not the bit of boxing.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

It's a shame you can't see why Clint Eastwood 'dragged it out' for 40 minutes. That's the essence of the movie, not the bit of boxing.

wont discuss it here because of spoilers, but yes, i did get it. and it could have easily been done in under 10 minutes, and it wasnt really all that great anyways.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I watched North by Northwest...It was alright, definately too long (2:15?, rediculous!)...Relatively engulfing, fairly well written, but never particularly satisfying...A pretty good movie. It furthered my thought that Alfrad Hitchcock makes good movies, but not necessarily great movies...Well actually Vertigo was pretty good...

I also watched Memento a few days ago. AMAZING. It had so much style, and when I looked on IMDB and saw that it was Nominated for 2 Oscars, I immediately knew which 2: Writing and Editing. This movie would have been alright had it been told in a linear way, but with the jump-all over the place story, and the quick-as-lightning scene edits, it really gets you confused and enthralled...I was understanding the story for about half, then I sorta got a bit behind, so I had to rewatch a scene or two (which is annoying, but my tendency to not pay close enough attention, and my general poor hearing [though the former was the case in this movie {old-school movies often have worse quality, so I often have to rewind to hear what they said...}]leads to misunderstandings). I kinda got the twist a while through, but I think it was on purpose that they tell you, as sort of dramatic irony...or a reward for those that are paying attention or thinking well (you really have to be thinking when you watch this movie). Still, I didn't get all the aspects of the twist, it was really clever. GREAT EDITING, and exceptional use of varying times. The whole guy-on-phone thing was also clever and cool...

The second thing I noticed was that this movie was really stylish...it really made the 'cooler'. And while I didn't particularly enjoy Guy Pearce in L.A. Confidential, I thought he was awesome here.

Oh man...I got sidetracked typing this post...I attempted to see how much money Guy Pearce made for this movie, then I tried finding the budget for Memento...I found what camera Memento was filmed with, and googled that a while...Looking at cameras. When googling that I found a thing that showed you how to make an independant film...Then on that site I searched for other interesting things...And other sites for other interesting things...That was an hour and a half ago.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

wont discuss it here because of spoilers, but yes, i did get it. and it could have easily been done in under 10 minutes, and it wasnt really all that great anyways.

I found it a pretty great film even though drama is not exactely my genre either. The last part made up for the poor story (I do not like sotries about underdogs making it big time at all, it's such an easy way of making a b.o. hit) in the beginning.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

last film i watched was Aeon Flux i think

very very good film..

it can get confusing if u lose concentration tho..

also aeon is very sexeh :) shes from devils advocate 8)

vistame09copyhr8.png

Four Brothers (2005 - John Singleton) - Yea, okay, I guess. Mark Wahlberg was really bad, Andre Benjamin/3000 was suprisingly good. Don't really know what to think of it, it was enjoyable, nothing more nothing less. 6.5/10

21o4pav.jpg

Yojimbo - third akira kurosawa film ive seen, and it is pretty good. remade into a western, because it has a pretty cool story.

Underworld: Evolution - its an action scifi or whatever movie, nothing else to it. still kind of enertaining though. i remember she was crying there for a second, that was absolutley horrible acting. nothing else really bad about it though, just nothing special

The Boondock Saints - really enjoyed this movie, william dafoe freaks me out though. he is screwed up in every movie he is in. has action, a cool storyline, and a pretty cool ending i guess.

Sanjuro - finish of my 4 dvd set of akira kurosawa films with this one, and its pretty good. i dont know when they were all made, but by this one he is definently better at keeping the pace up, so its not so boring. the fighting was much much better in this one too, i guess the actor that is all of them is getting better. i wouldnt buy any more akira kurosawa films, i think these four will be plenty. still cant quite get used to some of the things in japanese style movies, namely the acting.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I was watching Big Fish last night and missed the last 20 mins >.<

Can somone please tell me what happens? :(

In like size1 font so it doesnt spoil for poeple who havnt seen it yet lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Danny the Dog - Probably better known as "Unleased", but anyway. Good movie, cool combination of Asian absurdity, Scottish blutness and some Hollywood sentiment. Jet-Li gave a great preformance playing Danny (yes, the dog). Freemand and Hoskins did their tric and Kerry Gondon was so sweet. (L) Add some great fighting scenes and a very cool soundtrack and you've got a fine action-drama. A recomendation! 7.5/10

Bom yeoreum gaeul gyeoul geurigo bom (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter... and Spring) - Beaitul movie by the very populair Korean director Ki-duk Kim. We follow a holy monk and his student on a sort of isolated island. This is done in 5 different stages, namely the seasons used in the title. Every season is filmed at a different age and stage of life of the monk and his 'apprentice'. Also every season is connected with a theme, for example summer: love and obsession and winter has got lonelyness. Very calm and peaceful atmosphere (thanks to the great music as well), with some scenes that really move you. Very well done. Not for everybody, but if you got a longer attention span than 5 seconds this is a recoendation. 8/10

21o4pav.jpg

There's some explanation on his father buying the village where everything is good. We get to see Will seeing the light and getting started fantacising, then he gives his father the funeral he wanted (in the fantasyland thing). Something like that. :P

21o4pav.jpg

Mmmkay. I bought myself a Hard drive/DVD writer combo thingy so ill set it to record the film when its next on Sky :D

Anyone in the UK want to buy a DVD/VCR combo for ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã30 lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Leef! - Yesterdaynight in our small and cosey one-hall theater. It's a Dutch movie made by Willem van de Sande Bakhuyzen. He died a few weeks before the premiere of his movie, really sad because he was a great director and ironic because the title of his movie means Live! (as in life). Anyway, it was a great, great, great movie. A rollercoaster of emotions, great and real characters. Great script, amazing montage, great acting. Maybe the only thing that you could consider less good is that there might be too much happening in the movie. If you can get it (with subtitles of course) see it, you'll like it! 8.5/10

Too bad there was some woman thee club behind me and my mate, they were laughing out loud and talking ALL THE TIME! It was really anoying, they shouldn't allow that scum in theaters. :@

Twelve Monkeys - Saw this one in bed, without stupid ladies. Seen it before a few times, but it's still a bit confusing. Good movie, especially the camerawork. I'm tagging along with IMDB. 8/10

21o4pav.jpg

On A Clear Day

A really enjoyable film, and very true to it's Scottish roots. Wholly believable characters and acting. Some very clever use of camerawork in certain areas. At times though, a little too close to home (i.e. the everyday life), whereas i tend to prefer films that show me the world in a different light. Still, very good none the less and i'm really just nitpicking there.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Brokeback Mountain - I didn't really like it. Jake Gylenhaal was really bad, I didn't like him at all this time. The story itself is pretty simple and didn't really do anything to me. The whole homosexual element seemed to be floating around in nothingness, and more put in to give some shock value to the American viewer than something else, at least, that's what it looked like to me. It was a bit flat. It was nicely shot, and had a great soundtrack that reminded me of the soundtrack used in "The Motorcycle Diaries" (later I saw that it was done by the same man). All in all it wasn't that great, but it probably will go in the books as one of the movies that changed Hollywood. 6.5/10

Forrest Gump - Well, finally seen it. It was quite nice, a voyage trough history with Forrest. 7.5/10

Oh, before Brokeback Mountain I saw 2001: A Space Odyssey - Which is my favorite Kubrick and one of the best movies ever made, IMO. Friend never saw it so I had him to watch it. 10/10

21o4pav.jpg

Bruce Almighty - its kind of funny at times, but nothing really all that special about it. didnt know who steve carrell was the first time i watched this movie years ago, so that was a suprise. turns out there is a sequel coming out this year with him in it, playing the charachter he did in the first one. jim carrey was ok, hes been funnier in other movies though.

The Pianist - im sure this is a good movie, there wasnt anything wrong with it. it just seems like ive seen it a million times before, there wasnt anything new to it. yes, the jews had a very hard time during WWII. yes, some of their own betrayed them. yes, some others helped them. after the tenth movie about it, its just boring. the only thing i saw a little more in this movie than what i can recall is resistance. only a few minutes, but it does show the resistance shooting the nazis. everytime i watch a movie like this i think they should try and fight back, at least they did for a small bit in this one. if you like this sort of movie its probably good, but i found it boring.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The Pianist - im sure this is a good movie, there wasnt anything wrong with it. it just seems like ive seen it a million times before, there wasnt anything new to it. yes, the jews had a very hard time during WWII. yes, some of their own betrayed them. yes, some others helped them. after the tenth movie about it, its just boring. the only thing i saw a little more in this movie than what i can recall is resistance. only a few minutes, but it does show the resistance shooting the nazis. everytime i watch a movie like this i think they should try and fight back, at least they did for a small bit in this one. if you like this sort of movie its probably good, but i found it boring.

You know, that's exactly what I was always thinking. And I've never seen the Pianist...but I might at some point.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg