What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

I decided that after last weeks 3.5hr, BW, Japanese subtitle movie, I would rent something lighter for my mid-week movie. I rented The Graduate.

I rather enjoyed this movie. I found it kind of slow, and kind of strange at the start...But then I realised it was just building the characters traits, and introduced the imagery. I thought the cinematography and direction was EXCEPTIONAL, especially for a movie of such age. You can tell the director was being creative when filming, and the way their shot (the lens flare type things [don't know what it's called in movie lingo], and colour and light all looked great. One thing that bothered me however was that the seemingly the old technology doesn't work with the Californian tan...All the people looked peculiar as they were almost orange.

I loved the use of imagery. Dustin Hoffman was amazing, and it had many exciting and engrossing scenes. Great ending also.

And what made this film amazing to me, was that I finally got where a few things from The Simpsons are from...I already knew the thing where Mr. Burgstrum is getting seduced by Ms. Krabople...(I only resently put together that Burgstrum was voiced by Hoffman...silly me) and the whole banging on the window at the wedding, then getting in the bus and looking awkward. Oh yeah, and the "Hello grandpa my old friend...You're busy day is at an ennnd." Genious.

Overall, after you get into the movie, it really takes off and is thoroughly entertaining.

Oh yeah, and +1 to my movies seen from IMDB top 250 (about the last 10ish consequetive weeks I've seen a movie from the top 250...and The Graduate was rated #7 movie of all time by AFI, whose list I also refer to).

Further, How2PK, is Edison on DVD or in theatre (or did you illegally download!), cuz I'd never heard of it, and movie.com has it not listed as come out yet, and the trailer I watched said coming soon...What's the deal?

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Rent: Possibly my least favorite movie of all time. My girlfriend told me it had homeless people in it who couldn't pay their rent. It was all that and more. In a negative kind of way. She never told me it was a musical and how sappy it was going to be. She owns the DVD and said it was one of her favorites so I watched it anyways.

It's about bums who sing about how they don't need material objects to be happy just isn't my kind of movie. Song after song... AAAAAHH! :evil:

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

Amercian pie the wedding,saw it last night on ITV1,didnt think it was as funny as the earlier one
Yeah the franchise is dead, but as always movie producers will try and milk something to death :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Further, How2PK, is Edison on DVD or in theatre (or did you illegally download!), cuz I'd never heard of it, and movie.com has it not listed as come out yet, and the trailer I watched said coming soon...What's the deal?

I've seen it in cinema, at the sneak preview. I don't know what the deal is with release dates, it's kind of vague. This is the list IMDB gives.

Canada 17 September 2005 (Toronto Film Festival)

Germany 25 October 2005 (DVD premiere)

Italy 11 November 2005

Estonia 30 December 2005

Brazil 3 February 2006

Belgium 22 February 2006

Netherlands 9 March 2006

Thailand 23 March 2006

France 10 May 2006

Really weird, because it doesn't even say a USA release. :?

The Magnificent Seven - Basically a remake of Kurosawa's Seven Samurai (it's even credited as that). They just swapped cultures, but of course this one has a lot less to offer. Nice for an evening of entertainment, but nowhere as great as the 'original'. 7/10

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Saw II-Downloaded to my ipod + watched in school.

Meet the Fockers-Downloaded to ipod + watched in school.

40 Year old Virgin(FUNNY AS HELL)---^

Mean Girls (Scary O_O)------------------^

Euro Trip-------------------------------------^

Dukes of Hazard-------------------------------^

Family Guy The Movie----------------------------^

All over the last 2 weeks in chronological order.

40 Year Old Virgin Quote: "You are putting the puccie on a pedastool!"

Apocalypse Now

The last half hour was extremely boring. A shame, because I was pretty entertained, especially by Rober Duvall as Lt. Kilgore. I expected a classic, but I just saw a good, but way too long film.

See the normal version, instead of the Redux.

After a long and very hard day of work I wanted something 'simple', so I decided to take Red Eye and National Treasure with me.

Red Eye - Pff, what a dissapointment. I was hoping for a good juicy thriller, but I didn't get it. Never got that funny feeling in my stommach or a faster heartbeat, I got absolutely nothing. Everything was like everything we've seen before, but just a little bit less. Cillian Murphey and Rachel McAdams were pretty good, but that's was it. 4/10

National Treasure - This was better. It was the usual story; the hero, the girl, the sidekick and the bad guys. Of course both teams want the treasure and what follows is two hours full of violence, 'clever' trics, the setbacks and of course a bit of kissing. Nothing really special, but atleast it serves its purpose. 6.5/10

21o4pav.jpg

Sin City - ive reviewed this one before (twice possibly), so ill just say its awesome.

1984 - finally got around to watching this, and i was kind of dissapointed. having read the book twice i knew what was going on, but if you hadnt read the book you would probably miss a lot of what things meant. they didnt really do anything to well in it, didn't explain anything. i guess it was filmed ok, but thats about all it had going for it. the girl in the movie was ugly as crap, but they put her nude in the movie. made me want to throw up, at least she could shave her underarms.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Yes, 1984 is one of those books which should've stayed as a book :(

Anyhow, tonight was eventfull for me.

Started off watching Back To The Future before switching channels and watched Phone Booth. I wasn't disapointed by it either. Ending was a bit like Swordfish - something believable :P Although I think it came to an end too quick.

Then after that I switched back and caught the end of The Bourne Identity. Amusingly I still find it rather bland, how it ends and all :-?

Then back again to see the last half of The Siege. I still think it's a rather dull movie. FBI running around hunting down terrorist cells before the military gets called in for martial law, etc etc. And ironically enough the FBI still manages to ah, find the last cell even after almost everyone in the counter-terrorism unit is killed when a good 10,000 US troops could not. Blah.

And once that piece of trash was over, back again to watch Crash Dive. Another run-of-the-mill Nuclear Submarine is hijacked by terrorists posing (this time) as people stranded on a rather cripled boat in a storm. Anyhow, as usual, a single man is sent in and knocks off all the badies one at a time before having to deal with the single "insider" before saving a major town from being "destroyed".

Rather generic night IMO.

BTTF: 8/10

Phone Booth: 7.5/10

The Bourne Identity: 7/10

The Siege: 5/10

Crash Dive: 5.5/10

I've seen them all before 'cept Phone Booth and Crash Dive (so ratings stand even for partials :P)

And I'm currently watching Laws Of Deception. It ah, seems ok from the whole 6 minutes I've seen so far, but we'll see in another 2hrs if it was worth my time :-?

Just seen

Ieri, Oggi, Domani - Three short stories with Marcello Mastrioani (sp?) and Sophia Loren. Easy watching, rather funny. I liked it. And Sophia Loren. (L) 7/10

Die Ehe der Maria Braun up for tonight.

21o4pav.jpg

I saw "The Pink Panther" on the big screen couple days ago. Thought it was really good. Critics on Yahoo gave it like a C- (ugh...)

Your location is messing up the forum layout! >.<

I can imagine why it's rated so low, what's the pink panter without Peter Sellers.

21o4pav.jpg

christ this is a long Fourm.

i watched FF3 in theathers last week

watched Se7en on dvd

and the running man on TV.<---GOOOOD movie. Arnold.. ownz u. lol

this is a long topic :wink:

forum.tip.it = board

http://forum.tip.it/viewforum.php?f=77 = forum

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=333555 = topic

and then there are posts, which there are 640 (641 counting this one) in this topic :P

and just out of curisoty, what is FF3?

Anchorman - its pretty funny, lots of funny people in it. will farrell did the lead pretty good, so it was a funny movie.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket

Split into two distinct halves, the first half was dark and clever, leaving me feeling very haunted at the end. The second half I felt was better, more classic Vietnam war film formula, but towards the end showed the mental stresses and strain put on the soldiers, with decisions between duty and morals. The strictness of boot camp in the first half never really gave any chance for any relief, but the guy who played Joker in the second half was very good, made it more enjoyable to be honest.

Four Brothers

Better than I expected, the storyline was fairly simple, but intricate, with a few genuine twists that caught me off guard (I might of gotten them if i hadn't been tucking into the juciest steak at the time...*ahem*, anyway). The acting was better than the reviews suggested really. I mean, sure it's not one of the most intricate or cleverly acted films of all time, but i enjoyed it, and i think you can only have so much method acting and dark screenplay.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I watched 2 movies yesterday. Both poor.

First I went to the theatre to watch 16 Blocks. I'm not sure why. I'm not sure why I thought I would like this. I must be losing my mind. It's exactly what you think it will be, and no more (if you see the commercial and think it looks good, you might like it). It was so very predictible, except for a small twist by which time you don't even care anymore. Mos Def was kinda decent for acting, but it didn't really add anything. This was a below average movie, and nothing could redeem it. Wait for DVD prolly, and even then it's questionable.

I then watched Domino on DVD. People said the directing was bad, but I actually found that was the only redeeming factor. This was a good looking movie covering up one of the worst screenplays I've ever seen. Keira Knightly was absolutely terrible, spouting the corniest of lines, and IMO she was a terrible casting choice (when she got mad I started to chuckle it was so bad). The story might have been decent, but they spend so little time explaining it that they throw like 50 characters at you at once, and try to have a like, diagram type of thing to show who's who and how they connect (big mistake). I only kept watching because the directing/editing was great, and it looked awesome. Terrible movie though.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Well, most strange day in movies for me.

I woke up at about 10 (first day of March break, yipee!), and headed over to blockbuster. I picked up City of God (or Cidade de Deus as others call it), they had 3 copies, so I was pretty happy. I next looked for Oldboy (as Indy500fan and How2PK seemed to like it, yes?), but they didn't have it at all. I also looked for a few other old ones, to no avail. They also didn't have Walk the Line (which I've seen but intend to rent) or Jarhead in. Make me sad. :cry: They didn't really have too too much there. So I headed to the next closest Blockbuster and had a look. I don't think they even had a Foreign movie section there, so that was pretty useless. So I figured I'd pick up Lawrence of Arabia!

So I take my two movies home (and my mommy got 2 movie for my dad that I don't want to see), and put in Requiem for a Dream, which I got last week.

For anyone who knows this movie well, or has seen it even, you may know what I'm talking about. I put it in, and a fuzzy looking infomercial shows up. So I figured my DVD player wasn't plugged in right, or it was broken. After fiddling with buttons for a while, I took it out and ran it under hot water and cleaned it off. Back in - same infomercial. :(. I started to get angry, because I've had bad luck with Blockbuster in the past. So I tried a different movie to see if it was the DVD player. It wasn't.

It was about this time I looked in my pile of DVD rentals and realised that I had picked up this:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0384277/

instead of

http://imdb.com/title/tt0056172/

So at this point I was fuming mad, as it didn't seem like Requiem was working, and I picked up the wrong movie! (In my defence, I didn't think there would be more than one Lawrence of Arabia there (there was no other one in site) AND it was in the middle of the drama section ( :( ).

But after some time of being angry, I put Requiem back in, and the same damned infomercial was on. So this is the point where I was like "What the hell, what is this infomercial anyway?" and after I waited it took me to an infomericla buying screen, and I saw "Play Movie" on it, and I was like "omg, I'm handicapped". All in all, it took an hour :? .

So, as for how the movie was. I reckon it was a directorish film. There wasn't too much amazing about it, but the direction was pretty much excellent throughout. I also found that Jared Leto's mother in the film was really exceptional, just really, really good all the way through. I liked it pretty well, Marlon Wayans was pretty dang good whodathunkit, and the other two leads did their job (Leto and Connelly). It wasn't really too disturbing, and it was downright comic at times (like when the walls open up and shes having a vision, and the fridge tries to eat her, I almost loled, but I don't really laugh much, especially when I'm alone). It wasn't as good as some people say, but it was pretty good. I didn't feel as affected as I did in American History X (not even close). It was just a pretty good movie. And where's the score from? I know I've heard it somewhere, and I don't really know. My dad says LOTR, but I'm still not sure, and it doesn't make sence that it would be really. Can anyone help?EDIT-Yep, it was in Two Towers I found out. AMAZING score.

So...It looks like this week I'll be watching City of God and....http://imdb.com/title/tt0384277/ :? .

Also, for anyone who has seen Lawrence of Arabia, is the plot a big part of it with lots of twists and/or is the ending important (ie. someone dies or something) I don't really want to ruin the movie, and I'm 100% unaware of T.E. Lawrence's adventures...So do you guys think it will take anything away from the movie watching a documentary first? (I plan on seeing the real one at some point soon). And I don't wanna waste the 5 bucks I spent renting it...I might as well watch it since I'm kinda a history buff.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg