What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Hiroshima mon Amour - Quite simply amazing. One of the important movies of the french nouvele vague (sp?), which started halfway during the 50's. Origanlly meant as a documantary about the atom bomb. But that seemed to be a near impossible project, that Resnais didn't want to do because it wouldn't be more interesting than the other fifteen documantaries he had seen about the atom bomb. So they decided to make a 'classic' yet somewhat complicating love story set in Hiroshima with the atom bomb theme in the background, and 10/15 minute opening using archieve footage. It's kind of hard to describe in words, just great, and pure, and w/e. Must see. 8.5/10

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Watched Taxi Driver, because of my Wednesday off. An excellent, excellent movie, the best Scorcese I've seen I'd say. The first half was especially excellent, then Scorcese picked up the pace, and I think it may have suffered slightly...Travis and Iris' relationship was very brief and you never really got to know them. But it was excellent, I went in expecting a tragedy, and what I got was an unexpected ending, that was pretty good too. Excellent camera work, neo-noir excellence.

Time for Oblivion.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Transporter 2 - Nice movie for it's genre. Enjoyed the over the top action, and Statham is prety easy to watch. The constantly high contrast wasn't too good, and overall pretty pointless. But ah well, it did it's job better than most action movies did the last year. They didn't try to stretch it with adding nonsense, just straight forward 77 minutes. That's the way I like it. 7-.

21o4pav.jpg

coffeeandcigarettes.jpg

Tom Waits and Iggy Pop in segment "Somewhere in California".

Coffee and Cigarettes - A project JJ started 20 years ago in '86. Finished it troughout the years and in 2003 the final thing came out. Eleven shorts about people talking during their coffee and cigarette(s). Sometimes funny, sometimes sad, very stylish and time moves ten times faster than usual. Best shorts for me: "Twins", "Somewhere in California", "Cousins", "Cousins?" and "Delirium". Deff. worth seeing. 7/10

21o4pav.jpg

zentropa1.JPG

Europa - The last part of Von Trier's Eurpa trilogie. Europe in change after WWII Again brought to us in a state of hypnose. Dark and vague, constanly switches between B&W and Colour, different layers and time. The scene where Leopold is drowning is one of the most horrible ones I've seen (this is positive!). If you like Von Trier and you're able to see it, do it. 8/10

21o4pav.jpg

sea410.jpg

Sea of Love - Been a while since I saw a real american thriller, and my dad took this with him from the liberary, so I saw this. Pretty casual decent thriller. Pacino is nice, just like Goodman. Some funny moments, here and there a bit exciting, but never really exciting. 6/10

21o4pav.jpg

Planet of the Apes - the 1968 version, the original. i thought ive seen this movie before. i saw the very last part (or imagined i did its been pariodied so much), and i did recognize some of the scenes. on the whole though i hadnt seen most of it. anyways, wasnt happy with it at the start. camera work wasnt all that great, and charlton heston i dont think gave a very good performance at the start. about 20 minutes to a half hour into it i thought it really started to get better. by the end i was thinking it was awesome. i think most people know the story, or at least the end, but i wont say anything else just incase. it gets better progressively as you go through the movie, and continues progressing all the way until the end. definently a good movie.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Shijie - Saw this sundaynight in theater. I didn't really like it. It took a lot of my patience, as it was very slow (mainly due to the loooong trackingshots in EVERY scene) and it even took two hours and thirteen minutes, and I didn't get much satisfaction for it in return. It had some good moments, and great locations. But overall it didn't do much with me. I'd rather see an Ozu than this one. 6/10

21o4pav.jpg

Huo Yuan Jia (Fearless)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446059/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnx0dD0xfGZiPXV8cG49MHxrdz0xfHE9ZmVhcmxlc3N8ZnQ9MXxteD0yMHxsbT01MDB8Y289MXxodG1sPTF8bm09MQ__;fc=1;ft=73;fm=1

The story was pretty good and the fight scenes didn't disappoint. I also liked how the camera zooms in flash by flash on the building where Jet Li fought. Rumored to be Jet Li's last, but I hope that isn't true.

cescsig.jpg

La Tigre e la neve - The latest movie by director/actor Roberto Benigni, who is one of my favorite actors. And God, I loved it. I honestly can't see ANY reason why somebody would not love this movie. So. If you're a fan of La Vita ̮̬̉̉ Bella and you are a fan of Roberto Benigni GO SEE THIS. If you're less known with Roberto Benigni, don't hassitate, if they don't play it in big cinema, go to a small theater where they do show it. It won't dissapoint you and you really miss something if you don't see this. 8/10

21o4pav.jpg

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - This time I saw it on DVD, a lot less spectaculair than in cinema, but still a pretty cool movie and the best Harry Potter so far, IMO. 7.5/10

Hable con ella - I recentely saw that I bolded this movie as a movie I had seen from the IMDB top 250, but I hadn't seen it, so I bought it last week. Usually it takes a while before I'm in the right mood to see an AlmodÃÆÃâÃâóvar, today I was in the right mood, and I loved it. Great drama. 8.5/10

21o4pav.jpg

I've had a bit of Spaghetti Western day today :D

A Fistful Of Dollars

The first in the Sergio Leone trilogy, and possibly the crudest. However none of them were really that refined, so it doesn't make that much of a difference. This was very good, with Clint Eastwood throughout, playing the tough loner.

For A Few Dollars More

This was Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef teaming up with very good results. The music score by Ennio Morriconne is even better than the first, and the gritty, tongue in cheek humour and acting is on top form. The final showdown is suspense at it's finest.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

My favourite of the three, Eastwood, Van Cleef and that-guy-who-plays-Tuco (arguably steals the show with this one) hunt for buried treasure whilst the Civil War is raging around them. We see an Eastwood here that seems less invincible, but still on top form. The music is fantastic (Ennio Morriconne at his finest), and the final few scenes, particularly the Mexican showdown are (as Quentin Tarantino put it) "cinematically perfect"

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I've had a bit of Spaghetti Western day today :D

A Fistful Of Dollars

The first in the Sergio Leone trilogy, and possibly the crudest. However none of them were really that refined, so it doesn't make that much of a difference. This was very good, with Clint Eastwood throughout, playing the tough loner.

For A Few Dollars More

This was Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef teaming up with very good results. The music score by Ennio Morriconne is even better than the first, and the gritty, tongue in cheek humour and acting is on top form. The final showdown is suspense at it's finest.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

My favourite of the three, Eastwood, Van Cleef and that-guy-who-plays-Tuco (arguably steals the show with this one) hunt for buried treasure whilst the Civil War is raging around them. We see an Eastwood here that seems less invincible, but still on top form. The music is fantastic (Ennio Morriconne at his finest), and the final few scenes, particularly the Mexican showdown are (as Quentin Tarantino put it) "cinematically perfect"

Do you have to watch them all to understand them? Or would I be able to watch The Good, The Bad and the Ugly and still get what was going on?
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Good Night, and Good Luck. It was another good Clooney movie. I think it would have had more relevance if it had come out shortly after 9/11, with a lot of America being biased and racist against middle eastern people. But good movie nonetheless, best I have seen in a while. 9/10

Do you have to watch them all to understand them? Or would I be able to watch The Good, The Bad and the Ugly and still get what was going on?

you could easily understand what was going on by just watching it. but why not watch the others too :P ? if you like westerns they are great, if you dont (like me) they are about the only westerns youll like (once upon a time in the west, and a few others are good)

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg