What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Watched the entire series of Firefly followed by the movie Serenity ^_^

Really love it. I'm glad i bought it.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Watched the entire series of Firefly followed by the movie Serenity ^_^

Really love it. I'm glad i bought it.

did you watch the special features from the firefly series yet? not to much interesting, but i found adam baldwins enthusiasm about the show suprising. he definently seemed like he liked the show even more than whedon, and apperantly baldwin is in charge of a fan-made dvd about the series. and he has a good career of movies behind him already.

SERINITY SPOILERS: i think i can see why whedon killed off shepard book in the movie too, he definently didnt seem like he liked the show at all. he didnt really seem at all flustered when they were talking about the show being cancelled, like he didnt care one way or another

Sunset Blvd. - this is a 1950, and it is really good. watched it about a week ago, and i had a ton of stuff to say about it. put off reviewing it to long, so all that ill say was it is a good one to see.

Manchurian Candidate - replace raymond shaw with [bleep] cheney, replace manchurian with haliburton, and you almost have a true story (lets hope its not true). definently a great movie, and i just found out something. looked on the imdb page to figure out what it ranks, and apperantly its only rated 6.8. the 1962 version is number 69 on the list, and i thought it was this one. i was just about to say it deserves its spot on the list, but since it isnt on the list ill have to say it deserves a spot on the list. well anyways, its a great movie. i am most definently NOT a fan of meryl streep (in other words, i absolutely loathe and despise her) and at the begining i thought it was going to ruin the movie. but she fell right into a charachter that she was good at, so it turned out ok. the only problem i had with this movie was the ending, the climax was good, but they ruined the end by basically saying everything turned out ok, good people are ok, bad people are dead.

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - this is an odd movie. a very odd movie. i like odd movies, so i hold no prejudice against it for that. the thing about this movie is, its a kids movie. i dont mind watching kids movies, they keep my nephew from running around all the time and usually have a good amount of humor for the grownups who have to watch it with the kids. i remember this movie having one joke that was for grownups (i cant remember it, wasnt verygood anyhow) because i was waiting for one. as an adult, i really dont relate to the little kids in the story, pretty much everything was made to enertain kids. now the problem with that is, the movie is very dark and dreary, it almost gives you a depressing feeling. thats why i think kids should really watch this, so that they arent completely filled with the happy-go-lucky films that they all are today. but i know kids wont like this movie, there arent enough funny parts in it. adults wont like this movie either, because all the funny parts are aimed towards the kids. this could have been a very good movie, imo. i still think its a great movie for kids, around 10 years old or so. enough jokes to keep them watching, but they still get the story out of it. with changes it could have been a great movie for adults. the whole thing with lemony snicket and the typewriter was stupid, scratch that out. take out the crappy kids jokes, and keep it a depressing movie. of course theres a happy ending, take that out and you would have a killer movie.

Alien - first intersting thing about this movie that i noticed while watching it, is that i hadnt seen it before :lol: . i marked it down as watched in the top 250 topic, but apperantly i hadnt seen it before yesterday. thought i saw two of them, but maybe i only saw the sequal (i will find out tonight when i watch it). anyways i really enjoyed this movie. a good sci fi thriller, decent special effects for its time. it does have sigourney weaver in it, apperantly not jodie foster (they look the same :P ) just found that out about 20 seconds ago :lol: . i was about to say i dont like jodie foster, something about her pisses me off. instead ill say i dont like sigourney weaver, something about her pisses me off. she didnt ruin the movie or anything, she fit the part ok. a good movie to watch if you like scifi.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Saw 12 Angry Men last night. I first saw it in 8th grade civics class but I didn't think too much of it back then. Maybe because I was distracted by a friend of mine :lol: . I really enjoyed watching it this time though. The actors did a really good job portraying their characters :)

cescsig.jpg

Jaws - The movie that, together with TTCM and The Exorcist, changed everything for the horror genre. It looked great, it has got a legendary soundtrack, and it still scares the heck out me! Without a doubt one of the most influentiel movies of the '70's and, next to Schindler's List, Spielberg's best. 9/10

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Requiem for a Dream I cannot even express my feelings about how this movie made me feel. At the end I was in shock at the amount of cabbage those people went through. 10/10

I know exactly what you mean. After i watched it i just sat there with my mouth wide open while the credits rolled past, thinking..... well i can't tell you without evading the censor. It's such a powerful film, i actually felt the pain of every single person shown in the ending sequences - I don't think a film has ever made me feel like that before.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Watched the first Evil Dead today. Rather bad technically, but still worked. Gonna watch the 2 newer ones tomorrow.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Spellbound Watched this in school , really early in the morning(kinda, 7:30-8:50), so I was only half awake and half paying attention through some parts. I enjoyed seeing how special effects use to be done, and some of them were funny to watch. Such as them skiing down the hill and having 2 different quality films going at once, one for the backround and one for their faces.

The Savage Innocents - Good drama from Director Nicholas Ray, whom you might know from movies like REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE and JOHNY GUITAR. Pretty insightful on the Eskimo cultue. Things get extra interesting when there's a culture clash between the white man and the Eskimo. Quin gave a more than excellent preformance, and also his movie wife Tani (the one with the cute face) was great as well. The only 'negative' part was the narration; it was bad and useless and took some of the movies autenticity. Too bad, but overal a good movie. 7.5/10

21o4pav.jpg

I watched Punch-Drunk Love in part 2 of 2 of my "When comedians do drama". I quite enjoyed this movie. It was short and to the point, well shot and well put together. I enjoyed Adam Sandlers character, and he really carried this movie well. It was funny but not in the way of Billy Madison or such, and it was dramatic and a good romance movie aswell. I thought it was good, not sure which of the 2 I liked better.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

The Gate.

Made in 1987 and you can see it; the creatures make you laugh. Was "pretty ok", but probably wouldn't make it even to my top 100 movie list.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Mission Impossible III - i thought this movie was pretty good. a few twists and turns, good amount of action, kept you interested. not quite as complex of a story line as the first one, a little more complex than the second one. philip seymour hoffman stole the show, his performance was amazing.

Aliens - the first one was a good scifi-thriller movie. this one is a sci fi-action movie. i actually like this one better. so many good quotes in there "Hudson: Game over man... Game over! " "Hicks: We better nuke it from orbit, its the only way to be sure" maybe they are just funny to me :lol: .

ill edit in the next three movies a little later.

EDIT: the rest

Alien 3 - after being suprised with how good the second one was, even though i thought it would be horrible, i thought this one would be good too. and its even directed by david fincher, so i was ready for another good movie. started off horrible, and didnt really ever get all that much better. theres was no way to continue the story from the second movie, so they just kind of made up the beginning. definently didnt enjoy this one at all.

Alien: Resurrection - after being supremely dissapointed in the 3rd one, i almost didnt want to finish the series. but i figured i should. i was ready to be greatly dissapointed with this movie. or so i thought... this movie is a crime against humanity. i just cant even relate how much i hated this movie. i was ready for every dissapointment in the world, and it totally destroyed those barriers with how much it sucked. on a lighter note, i now have a movie to put into the worst movie ever thread.

Spirited Away - im completly lost on how i feel about this movie. didnt hate it, didnt enjoy it, didnt think it was inbetween, i just have no idea. if you get a chance, you should definently see it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Just saw Poseidon :) It was an ok movie. Not gonna try to even write a review since I'm an optimist with every movie I see in the theatres :lol:

have you seen the original poseidon yet? it was funny and enertaining, in a this story is stupid kind of way. wondering if this one lived up to those expectations or not.

28 Days Later... - i like post apocalyptic scenerios and seeing the charachters trying to cope. thats probably the only reason i thought this movie was ok. overall i guess it was a pretty crappy movie, with no outstanding things to remark about. if you like post apocalyptic movies, go for it. if not, probably you shouldnt watch it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I watched Munich. It was...unsettling to say the least (not as much so as Schindler's List, but I don't think that's entirely what it was going for). I thought it was quite good, though, and Eric Bana really has a wide range of things he can play (The Hulk, Hector, that guy from Black Hawk Down...and then this?). It was really well done and affecting and it really makes you think. I'd recommend this. This is the 4th and final of the best picture nominee that I'll see, and I think I'll rate them like: First is definately Crash, second I really can't decided between Munich and Capote, both were excellent. Then Good Night and Good Luck. I most likely won't see Brokeback Mountain.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I most likely won't see Brokeback Mountain.

Why not?

21o4pav.jpg

The Girl Next Door - elisha cuthbert is really, really hot. other than that its just an ordinary teen movie, which means its enertaining, and thats about it. did i mention how hot elisha cuthbert is?

Edward Scissorhands - its a tim burton movie, and thats pretty much the best way to describe it. i actually started off not really liking it all that much, but by the end i was thinking it was pretty good.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - based on a comic book by alan moore (v for vendetta). pretty much a generic hero action movie, so it was enertaining.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The Girl Next Door - elisha cuthbert is really, really hot. other than that its just an ordinary teen movie, which means its enertaining, and thats about it. did i mention how hot elisha cuthbert is?

I remember when she hosted that Popular Mechanics show....Dang....Who'd guess she'd grow up this way :mrgreen:

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

dapperdan1.jpg

O brother, where art thou? - Seen it before, but felt like throwing it in again. Great work.

ztalia.jpg

Shubun - Some less known work of a furious Kurusawa. It doesn't really start great, but after a good half hour Shimura takes over awnd it's starts to get better. Unfortunatly it never gets really great. It's a bit messy and sometimes just too much drama. It's wonderfuly shot though, and the scenes with Shimura and his filmdaughter are amazing and they really pull it up.

21o4pav.jpg