What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Don't listen to him. It's a terrible documentary. Perhaps technically fine, but grossly boring and the guy was so pretentious (or arrogant, you choose one); he pretty much thinks hes societies better for living with bears. And the interviews they have are terrible. It was one of the worst documentaries I've ever seen.

It's a very interesting documantary on a very interesting person. It's also interesting because the director of this documentary is disagreeing with the person he's making the documentary about. This isn't a documentary about bears, it's a documentary about the relationship between man and animal inspired by the body of work left by Treadwell. And it wasn't boring at all, time flew by and it was done before I knew it. I feel sorry for you that you can't see the beauty of it.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

If on the subject of documentaries I saw Darwin's Nightmarea few weeks ago. Pretty powerful doc.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I too feel sorry for myself. Sorry that I had to sit through that train wreck of a hundred minutes.

Then you should have walked away. It was a good documantary, and there is no reason to deny that. You could say that you didn't like it. But it's absolute crap saying that isn't good.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I too feel sorry for myself. Sorry that I had to sit through that train wreck of a hundred minutes.

Then you should have walked away. It was a good documantary, and there is no reason to deny that. You could say that you didn't like it. But it's absolute crap saying that isn't good.

Fiine, I just didn't like it. But I can't walk away from a movie. I don't give myself the honor of criticizing a movie unless I see all it has to offer.
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

For anyone who has a girlfriend, go watch Click. Seriously, I'm thinking of bringing mine just for the end part.

I don't wanna ruin the movie, but it's pretty awesome for what it is. I saw the ending twist a mile away but I still liked it. If you like Adam Sandler, he wouldn't disappoint you on this one :wink:

For anyone who has a girlfriend, go watch Click. Seriously, I'm thinking of bringing mine just for the end part.

I don't wanna ruin the movie, but it's pretty awesome for what it is. I saw the ending twist a mile away but I still liked it. If you like Adam Sandler, he wouldn't disappoint you on this one :wink:

Too bad I don't have one - going to see it on Friday with some friends :-P. I saw the first 30 min of Italian Job last Saturday but I had to leave :-(. I thought it was pretty good up till where I left - must finish it sometime.

cescsig.jpg

American History X-Great movie, the camera work and character developement reminded me a lot of fightclub. The only part that I didn't like was the part at the very end(spoiler >_>)

where Danny got shot. I knew that either Danny(Edward Furlong) or Derek(Edward Norton) were going to die, and that made the end very anticlimactic(which is what I think the director was going for). 9/10

Donnie Darko- I'm going to make a thread about this movie. 10/10

edit: found a thread about donnie darko so I just posted there

American History X-Great movie, the camera work and character developement reminded me a lot of fightclub. The only part that I didn't like was the part at the very end(spoiler >_>)

where Danny got shot. I knew that either Danny(Edward Furlong) or Derek(Edward Norton) were going to die, and that made the end very anticlimactic(which is what I think the director was going for). 9/10

Donnie Darko- I'm going to make a thread about this movie. 10/10

edit: found a thread about donnie darko so I just posted there

American History X was amazing.

I just saw Click. That movie actually was very good. Probably my favorite movie this year so far. It got bad ratings from the critics but it was a really sad movie, but also had very funny parts also.

I just saw Click. That movie actually was very good. Probably my favorite movie this year so far. It got bad ratings from the critics but it was a really sad movie, but also had very funny parts also.

Adam Sandler always gets bad reviews from critics but destroys in the box office.

Going with friends is obvioulsy an option, though it would be funny if you see one of your friends crying :lol:

Watched Predator last night. Probs gonna watch Predator 2 tonight ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Adam Sandler always gets bad reviews from critics but destroys in the box office.

Case in point

Review

Review: 'Click'? Off

Movie an uncomfortable blend of moronic and moving

Results

His comic fantasy "Click," about a man whose new universal remote takes control of his life and leaves it in chaos, debuted as the No. 1 movie with $40 million, according to studio estimates Sunday.

Case in point

Review

Review: 'Click'? Off

Movie an uncomfortable blend of moronic and moving

Results

His comic fantasy "Click," about a man whose new universal remote takes control of his life and leaves it in chaos, debuted as the No. 1 movie with $40 million, according to studio estimates Sunday.

*cough* Look what it was up against :P

Although Adam Sandler movies are entertaining, from a straight critic standpoint, there's really not that much to them ;)

All About Eve - its a 1950 movie, so i might edit it into my list for the greatest movies of the 50s tournament. its definently really good, mostly for the acting.

Mars Attacks! - the last time i saw this was so long ago, but i remembered a lot of parts. watching it this time i knew that it was directed by tim burton, and you can definently tell it was. a spoof on war of the worlds, fairly good watch. not as good as some other tim burton movies, but still good.

The Butterfly Effect - when it first came out, i thought it looked stupid. and it had ashton kutcher in it, so i never even considered watching it. in the past year or two when i have really gotten into movies, from time to time i heard it was good. and it was, it was really good. not particullarly spectactular acting by ashton, but he did good enough. the story was great. definently a good movie to watch.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Although Adam Sandler movies are entertaining, from a straight critic standpoint, there's really not that much to them ;)

Since when was $40 million in a weekend something to cough at? My point was how much it brought in, not the number. Either way, number 1 isn't something to *cough* at either.

Cars isn't something to diss either. You're underestimating Pixar's ability right there.

Adam Sandler movies are entertaining

What the [bleep] do you think movies are for? It's not suppose t be some documentary that would drone you for hours. Adam Sandler makes entertaining movies and it ends there. Who gives two [cabbage]s about the but?

Jeez...

Anyway, just got home from watching Superman Returns. It's awesome. There's some twists here and there, but if you know Superman, then you would predict them easily.

Oh and Lois Lane is hot.

Since when was $40 million in a weekend something to cough at? My point was how much it brought in, not the number. Either way, number 1 isn't something to *cough* at either.

Cars isn't something to diss either. You're underestimating Pixar's ability right there.

I wasn't coughing at the $40 million in a weekend, I was coughing at the fact that there's nothing spectacular in theaters right now, and that's why it finished number one. Cars is a good movie, but it's been out for a couple weeks now meaning that it's weekend gross won't be as high.

Look at this weekends top 10

1. Click (2006) $40M $40M

2. Cars (2006) $23.3M $157M - Been out for a few weeks, not spectacular but it's still good

3. Nacho Libre (2006) $12.7M $53.2M - Everyone I've talked to has thought this movie looked dumb and didn't want to see it, also not it's opening weekend

4. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006) $9.8M $43.1M - Appeals to a more specific audience than most of the other movies on the list, been out for a few weeks

5. Waist Deep (2006) $9.4M $9.4M Not highly publicised, although it looks very good

6. The Lake House (2006) $8.83M $29.8M also appeals to a more specific audience, it's been out for a couple weeks

7. The Break-Up (2006) $6.6M $104M been out for awhile

8. Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties (2006) $5.21M $16.5M not suppose to be that good, been out for awhile

9. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) $4.84M $225M Has been out for a long time

10. The Da Vinci Code (2006) $4.05M $206M most people have already seen this, has been out for a long while

There is not much competition for the first place on the weekend gross list, some, but that is easily overcome by advertisement and good actors.

Adam Sandler movies are entertaining

What the * do you think movies are for? It's not suppose t be some documentary that would drone you for hours. Adam Sandler makes entertaining movies and it ends there. Who gives two cabbage about the but?

Jeez...

Taking my sentance out of context ruins the meaning that I had. There's nothing great about his movies, yes they're above average, funny, and give good amounts of entertaining(and you know that there are movies out there that arn't documentaries and are boring as [cabbage]), but by no means will they every be a classic.

I wasn't coughing at the $40 million in a weekend, I was coughing at the fact that there's nothing spectacular in theaters right now, and that's why it finished number one. Cars is a good movie, but it's been out for a couple weeks now meaning that it's weekend gross won't be as high.

There is not much competition for the first place on the weekend gross list, some, but that is easily overcome by advertisement and good actors.

My point is that it still did good. I used it an example, my example worked fine. I don't understand why you had to *cough* at it because it proved my point.

Taking my sentance out of context ruins the meaning that I had. There's nothing great about his movies, yes they're above average, funny, and give good amounts of entertaining(and you know that there are movies out there that arn't documentaries and are boring as cabbage), but by no means will they every be a classic.

No, I didn't take it out of context, I did that to make a point. The movie is entertaining - movie's job = done. That's all it is. Who gives a hoot if its not a classic? Even Sandler would know it won't end up like that. He makes movies for others to enjoy, not something to love forever. Everyone knows a comedy flick like that won't be a classic. But hey, thanks for stating the obvious.

My point is that it still did good. I used it an example, my example worked fine. I don't understand why you had to *cough* at it because it proved my point.

No, I didn't take it out of context, I did that to make a point. The movie is entertaining - movie's job = done. That's all it is. Who gives a hoot if its not a classic? Even Sandler would know it won't end up like that. He makes movies for others to enjoy, not something to love forever. Everyone knows a comedy flick like that won't be a classic. But hey, thanks for stating the obvious.

I don't think we're really discussing the same this here(or even disagreeing with eachother :P ), but it's cool, as long as we both know what the other is saying(and I think we do) :)

Going with friends is obvioulsy an option, though it would be funny if you see one of your friends crying :lol:

i wouldn't go see a movie by myself or with a bunch of dudes.

I don't think we're really discussing the same this here(or even disagreeing with eachother :P ), but it's cool, as long as we both know what the other is saying(and I think we do) :)

Yep :)

i wouldn't go see a movie by myself or with a bunch of dudes.

So you saying you never went to a movie with friends? :?