What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Stop beating me <.< .

:P . once i get the top 63 done, i will probably cool off for a while (printed off a list, and the front page has the top 63, so thats why :D ). i cant find the maltese falcon anywhere, so that will keep me from completing it for a while. in the process of getting the rest though.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Just saw 'the astronaut's wife'. Johnny Depp played the astronaut, so I thought it was a film worth seeing.

Big mistake.

It was pretty horrible; the scenario was something that already made me suspicious, but some seemingly stupid scenarios eventually work out great, like every Tarantino movie for example. But the director obviously isn't Tarantino, and this movie was plain rubbish. It never made sense, you'd expect a complete explanation in the last part of the movie, but no, a typical myserious close-up of the women and children. As if the producers want to tell you to come and see the sequel of this Hollywood junk. -.-

Waste of time, now I have to see a good Depp movie before going to bed, otherwise I'll just be disappointed in Johnny Depp, otherwise an actor that guarantees a fantastic movie. <.<

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Waste of time, now I have to see a good Depp movie before going to bed, otherwise I'll just be disappointed in Johnny Depp, otherwise an actor that guarantees a fantastic movie. <.<

fear and loathing in las vegas. that will cure it.

Rasḫ̫̉̉mon - hah, this was what i was waiting for. a akira kurosawa that was absolutely awesome. great story, great everything. the only thing a little lacking was the end, and some of the girls parts.

The Bridge on the River Kwai - another great david lean. didnt really know what it was going to be building up to the whole movie, it was a pretty good ending.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

stuff

I watched Lawrence of Arabia (41/50 now, villain :twisted:).

Overall I thought this was a good movie. Let me start with what I didn't like: pace. The first like, half of the movie is essential, but overlong and nearly reaches the point of boredom. There's so many long scenes, and while I know that it's the point of them to be long and near tedious, but just because I understand why it's like that, doesn't mean that's what I like in a movie. I think this was my only gripe (though it led this movie from being an amazing classic to only good).

Now, here's what I liked: Everything else. It was amazingly well acted by O'Toole, and Guiness (I had no idea it was him until after :)). Having seen a 2 hour documentary about T.E. Lawrence a few months ago, I definately think that it made the movie infinitely better for me. I had never really heard of T.E. Lawrence before that, and had I not seen the documentary I would have been confused and frustrated I think. However, this also means I knew everything that was going to happen in the movie (well, pretty much), so that took something away. This movie looked really good (I'm SO digging that on location filming, made the movie so much better than other old epics). And, this is probably the single most epic film I've ever seen. It was on a massive scale, it had larger than life characters, amazing events, and it just felt huge (so many extras... :shock: ) And it also showed a side of the man you couldn't see in a documentary, it was an amazing story in itself, but told very well in this movie. Overall, a very good movie, but could stand to be shorter as it runs close to 4 hours.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

49/50 :P .

lawrence of arabia was pretty good, but was long. same with doctor zhivago. bridge over the river kwai wasnt quite as long, it worked pretty well. and guiness did a great job.

Singin' in the Rain - heh, this movie is great. very good musical, very upbeat. found myself singing along with it everynow and then :D .

First Blood - im typing this as im watching it on tv right now. 3/4 of the way through, and its awesome. ive seen the end before, so i figured id just post now. stalone gives a pretty good performance for the part he plays, imo.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Hills Have Eyes - Didn't like it, I wasn't really into the plot much, and I wasn't paying attention when I watched it really ( had friends over..)

The Ringer - I thought it would be more funny, didn't really like it much.

Fun With [bleep] and Jane - Decent movie I guess, pretty cool plot, I liked the robbing parts lol.

Young Guns 1 and 2 - Great, great movies, I love watching these over and over again.

The Untouchables - Again, another great movie, I can't even remember when this one came out, but I love rewatching it

BraveHeart - Need I Say it? :3>

Pretty much it, not a big fan of newer movies, I like to rewatch older movies.

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

I saw Pirates of the Caribbean: The Deaman's Chest yesterday in our cinema. It was all right, took a bit long and a lot of the same. The acting over the entire line was a lot less than in the first movie, from funny one-liners to dramatic scene everything a few levels back. It was also a lot darker, which I didn't really found fitting combined with all the humor, or the other way around, you decide. Of course this was done to keep it appealing to more audiences. Something else that could've done a lot better is that you never really got to know why things were done, why they were there, just a bunch of people put in a random situation. Other than that quite impressive graphics of course, and despite the less good acting, it's still a pleasure to see Depp playing Sparrow. On all parts less than the first one, but still great for an evening out. Too bad it was like 40C in our cinema. No Airco sucks. :( The pirate movie is back though, that's what it's about.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

To Kill a Mockingbird - it was decent, but kind of slow for me. i think if i was in the mood for something like this it would have been a lot better. but i wasnt, so it was kind of boring. i dont really care for the child actors/actresses, and they had a pretty big part of this movie. ive never read the novel either, that might have helped.

btw, 50/50 :P

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

To Kill a Mockingbird - it was decent, but kind of slow for me. i think if i was in the mood for something like this it would have been a lot better. but i wasnt, so it was kind of boring. i dont really care for the child actors/actresses, and they had a pretty big part of this movie. ive never read the novel either, that might have helped.

btw, 50/50 :P

I read the novel then immediately watched the movie. It's not a great movie but it does the job. I thought every person in the world had to read that as part of school.
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I read the novel then immediately watched the movie. It's not a great movie but it does the job. I thought every person in the world had to read that as part of school.

90% of the students at my school did read it. i had a football coach english teacher that year though, so not much reading going on.

Raging Bull - not my type of movie. the whole "sports" thing in movies is something i dont really care for.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Gosh, yesterday I saw the horrible 'the astronaut's wife', today 'Dante's Peak' and 'do you want to know a secret' (or something like that).

Especially that last movie was worse than any horror movie I've ever seen in my life. My my, can there be any more clicḫ̩̉̉s in a movie? Not even a parody can handle that much clicḫ̩̉̉. I actually can't believe I saw the entire last part; there aren't enough words to describe my disappointment in hollywood movies right now. It's a sad, sad movie world there. Let's hope that within 25 years, hollywood movies either dramatically improve or die a painful death. At least most South American, Asian and European movies are a guarantee of good entertainment or learning something interesting in this world.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Blade Runner - it was all right, but nothing special. generic corporate run future story where a corp creates something that is dangerous. just didnt excite me at all.

:shock: You have got to be kidding me.

Raging Bull - not my type of movie. the whole "sports" thing in movies is something i dont really care for

:shock: You have got to be kidding me.

21o4pav.jpg

28 days later.

Finally, a good movie (after the crap I watched the previous days), which I watched this evening with a couple of friends. It was from the director of Trainspotting and The Beach (which also is, IMO, a good movie, if Leonrado DiCaprio's role would've been done by Johnny Depp).

heinzny2.jpg

28 days later.

Finally, a good movie (after the crap I watched the previous days), which I watched this evening with a couple of friends. It was from the director of Trainspotting and The Beach (which also is, IMO, a good movie, if Leonrado DiCaprio's role would've been done by Johnny Depp).

i thought 28 days later was decent, but i was kind of let down by it. the post-apocalyptic scenerio is probably my favourite, whether it be movie, book, video game, what ever. i dont know why, but i just love that scenerio.

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre - great story, great acting, great ending, great movie. bogart did a really good job with his part, especially nearer the end. the movie really drew you into the point it was trying to make, that sane men can go crazy when gold is around.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

28 days later.

i thought 28 days later was decent, but i was kind of let down by it. the post-apocalyptic scenerio is probably my favourite, whether it be movie, book, video game, what ever. i dont know why, but i just love that scenerio.

Yeah, ditto. I love movies that are about something 'big' like an apocalypse, or a war, or an adventure. Even though some may be incredibly lame and predictable, I can still really enjoy them, mostly because of the great special effects, like in many of those American blockbusters, like 'Deep Impact'

heinzny2.jpg

Sunrise.jpg

Sunrise: A song of two humans (1927 - F.W. Murnau) - Which was exceptionally good. Of course the amazing score combined with the normal sound effects and the entire Movietone system, but there are more things than that that make this movie so good. The special effects, where you litterally vissit another world, the special titling of the story, stunning preformances by O'Brien (I wonder where Nicholson got his inspiration from for playing Jack Torrence) and Gaynor, sets to drool over and of course the dream like way of story telling. One of the best movies I've ever seen A must see, not only for fans of German Expressionism. And if you say "Silent movies are boring", go see this one, get back to me and you will appologise. Because through this movie you will learn that silent movies aren't boring; they're far from it.

21o4pav.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - eh, i didnt like it as much as the first one, but it was still enjoyable. same sort of jokes as in the first one, but overall the movie was a little more dreary. i didnt really care for the natives on that one island, seemed like they werent even trying to do anything new. it just didnt feel right. but depp, as always, made me enjoy the movie.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I saw Pirates of the Caribean - Dead Mans Chest, last night. I knew it couldn't be as good as the original but I still went in hopes of it being a good movie. I expected it to be awful and cheesy. I was wrong. I thought Depp (again) lifted this movie to the next level. I thought the whole Canibal chase thing was very well set up and that part alone would have made the movie. Unfortunately the standard fell a bit towards the middle and end. It was still brilliant though.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!