What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Guest GhostRanger
Snakes on a Plane:

Just let me say first, that read the why, and not the what.

This is easily the most well-made new movie I've seen in 2006. So here's the why: It has a clear goal in mind, in achieves it with utter brilliance, and is far more entertaining than anything else I've seen this year. There's never a dull moment, it combines well a feeling of fear and helplessness with purposeful humor, a thing most people don't seem to realise it's doing.

With that in mind, it never really scares you. It makes you feel a bit uneasy, and I'll never pee on an airplane again, but the idea of snakes on a plane is really just a vehichle for which it can entertain you tremendously. And boy does it do that. It's so funny, so fun, so exciting; it's a campy dream. There's so many gruesome, hilarious deaths, extremely well written lines. They make it seem to the untrained eye that many of the line are serious; but you may be able to tell that they are making them for entertaining effect. None, or few of the lines are ultimate cheese, and the way many are said they can be taken as serious or comical. I can't believe how many people who seem to think that this was a movie that was made as a serious project, and it just ended up being unintentionally funny. This is pure, intentional entertainment, and I haven't had this much fun watching a new movie in a while. There's simply nothing I can say bad about this movie, because for what it was trying to do, it's about as perfect as you can get.

Very, very, very well said.

Yoidore tenshi (Drunken Angel) - This was the movie that made Kurosawa break trough. And it's a good movie, it's vastly different than his other movies though. It's not really Japanese either. It still has got his house-cast of Mifune and Shimura, who deliver a more than excellent preformance once more. They really are one of the best actors out there. You can best compare it with something the early Italian neo-realists made. The story is quite simple, but very statisfing (SP?:P). It's about an alcoholic doctor who helps a gangster when he is shot. When he's healing the gangstert he discovers the gangster has got TBC. What follows is an uneasy, well wouldn't call it friendship, more relationg between the two. Later an old gang-boss is released from jail putting preasure on the gangster, all leading to a fantastic climax. Everything is set in a post-war Japan. All in all not the best Kurosawa, but still very enjoyable and luckily nowhere overly dramatized. which you would expect from a movie like this. One of Kurosawa's most important films (for himself) and deff. a must have for the fans and a good watch for everybody. 8/10

Night on Earth Another artsy movie by Jarmusch with a lot of talking. Which isn't really bad on itself, but this is the third movie I see from him with all that talking. And it never really gets anywhere. There's only so much you can experiment with. It's a shame really, that after DOWN BY LAW his movies never really got better. Jarmusch is too convervative, but it's still 'fun'. Just not that good anymore. I'm giving it a 7, because it isn't really bad and each movie had a cute message. And he should get some more distance from Waits. I mean, sure Watis is a good musician, but there's no need to put his music in every movie you make, just because he's your friend or that his jazz tunes sound 'intellectual' in your movie, especially when the music doesn't fit in it. And this was the first time Benigni was actually annoying. Man, I think I'm going to put it back to a 6.5

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Domino - I saw the first 9 minutes of this. After the first minute I could, just as many other people, see that this wasn't going to be much. Cheap layers, annoying editing, a way too high contrast. All pointless and annoying. Then there was Keira Knightley, who just CAN'T act. Sure, she's fun in a movie about pirates, but she's taking on a somewhat more complicated role, she can't be taken serious. And then the horrible "This is based on a true story" "Sort of", just leave that wannabe hip nonsense out and make a decent movie. And the HORRIBLE voice over, yuck!

21o4pav.jpg

i agree, domino wasnt all that great.

"Dark Angel" season 1 and 2 - the reason i havent been watching any movies was because i was watching this. cliff notes first, because i ramble a lot and dont really say all that much. firstly, it isnt all that great of a show. secondly, it kept me interested enough to spend 32 hours of my life watching it (man, thats a lot more than i thought :shock: ). thirdly, jessica alba is hot (the main reason i decided to get these :o ).

started off pretty interesting. it was very odd at times, especially anything to do with the gang at jam pony, but that was funny stuff to balance all the other problems. it stays interesting, and the acting stays sucking, and the effects stayed crappy, it kept the status quo. one of the late episodes in season one had rainn wilson (dwight schrute from "the office" US) and it was cool to see him play pretty much the same sort of guy, just amped up a bit. so, season one is comes to an end, and leaves you with a pretty good season finale. you know everythign will be different next season, but thats ok as long as they keep the interesting story line, bad acting and bad special effects.

season 2 starts. just because season 1 left with a cliff hanger, you are wanting to know what happens. so the first episode ends, and you notice something is different about it. yes, its supposed to be different, but this is different than that different. watch about the first half of the season, and it pretty much goes down hill the whole way (someone on the imdb boards speculated this was because of 9/11, when fox told the writers to not focus on the "pulse" terrorist attack which pretty much caused this apocalyptic type of life in america). many of the actors arent there anymore, i guess they quit and they write stupid outs for them. theres actors running around in stupid half man half dog costumes and all kinds of other combos, its just stupid. then you notice they brought in a completly different storyline for season 2. some crazy cult and junk. it was kind of interesting, although not as much as if they just continued with the first season style. the second half of the second season started to get better, almost to the point where it was first season. then the season finale comes. bombed. been wasting too much time trying to figure out how to write all this, and i dont feel like writing anymore. complete let down for a finale. best thing to do would to be watch all the episodes except the season finale of the second season, and make it up in your head.

show wasnt all that great, but it was enertaining at points and jessica alba is hot.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

SNAKES ON A FREAKIN' PLANE!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Was great fun and I really liked it. Went with a few mates and had a few drinks in the pub first and really enjoyed myself ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Fanny och Alexander I am blown away. This is so amazing. It's like, going beyond the powers of a normal movie. I'm not going to give away anything. Just fully see this for yourself. I couldn't bring the five hour long experience into words. Just go see it. It's for everybody. If you like comedy: see it. Like fantasy? Go see it. Like drama? Go see it. Like art-film in general? Go see it. Like horror? Go see it. I'm serious, if you got a few dollars or pounds left. Buy it, you will not regret it. I'm literally begging you people to see this!

Criterion 5-disc box which is the best release. As it incluces the 5 hour tv verison, the 3 hour cinema version, some great extras and an almost 2 hour making of. The price on that website is in Canadian pounds btw.

Artificial eye five hour version only.

Oh, BTW. I'm happy. I got an invitation to participate in this years film by the sea festival's movie trivia. And I got an invitation by previous years winners. :D Of course we're going for the fun in the first place. But I'm hoping for the same class price they had last year; every memeber of the winning team gets a pass so that they can vissit the cinema for free a year long, and take somebody with them for free as well. ^.^

21o4pav.jpg

Two for the Money Man, I wasn't expecting much from this. But I certainly didn't expect this kind of pgraphy (what the hell, you can't say that word with normal spelling anymore? You can look it up in any freaking dictionary!). This was HORRIBLE. And the certain type of audience that's literally pleasuring theirselves (what the hell is up with this censor, it's getting worse by the day!) over these kind of movies are going to give me nightmares. That's for sure. I'm too scared to go to sleep.

21o4pav.jpg

(what the hell is up with this censor, it's getting worse by the day!)

Blame the little kids who throw those words around as insults forcing the admins to censor them.

sig2ho7.jpg

Lo Sceicco bianco (The White Sheik) Fellini's second movie. It's not very great or something. It basically is a foundation for his later movies, especially the auto-biographical 8ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâý. But a lot easier and less interesting. It's more fun and accesable. Too bad we don't really get close or sucked into the characters, I mean, we do. But it's more in a Benigni kind of way, you 'care' about them for cuteness and it doesn't last long after the movie. While there isn't much reason to stay so distanced from them. Still the movie has got a few nice scenes and shots, making it worthwile. A recommendation for the Fellini fans, and perhaps those who want to start watching his movies. 6.5/10

21o4pav.jpg

The last two movies I saw are The Godfather and SoaP.

The Godfather

After seeing this I knew why it was famous. The very slow beginning had me in doubts but after that it picked up very quickly. The acting was amazing throughout, possibally the best I've seen. The christening scene in particular was incredibally moving, it moved me like very few other scenes have ever done. Bloody amazing.

Snakes on a Plane

This was great fun. I think that Putters review sums it up best.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

I just saw the movie Accepted. ITS HILARIOUS! Quite possibly one of the funniest movies I've seen. Everyone should go see it now! I mean NOW! :thumbsup:

i saw it today as well.. i was actually suprised at how good it was... and lewis black was hillarious

Megadedhed.jpeg

Sigs made by Runemetsa, Nuzza, Dark_Shadow, Kuroi and Me.

liquid blobs attacking eachother

American Anime... YAY!

I just saw the movie Accepted. ITS HILARIOUS! Quite possibly one of the funniest movies I've seen. Everyone should go see it now! I mean NOW! :thumbsup:

i saw it today as well.. i was actually suprised at how good it was... and lewis black was hillarious

I saw Jonah Hill on Conan O'brian (AKA. "Ask me about my weeineerr!'), he was the funniest talk show guest I've seen in a while.
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid Sam Peckinpah is my new hero. What an amazing movie again. So much beauty, yet no time from any compising. Each scene has got so much to offer that reviewing this movie is near impossible, you just have to talk about it face to face, while seeing fragments of the movie.

21o4pav.jpg

Brick Wow. Best movie of the year. No discussion possible. I mean, like GO SEE IT AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. Who could of though of such a weird genre combination: film noir combined with highschool. From minute one, till the very last minute you're in CONSTANT suspense, sometimes, there's a little bit of humor, but overall it doesn't excist in the movie. A supurb use of this minimalistic music, great acting, and well, style and atmosphere are dripping off. AMAZING! If you can still catch it in cinema DO IT. Skip little man, you will NOT regret it! It's out on DVD as well. And I highly sugest Bubsa and Indyfan to see it. ^.^ 9/10

I mean, how cool is it to have high-school students saying these typical noir lines.

"So what first, tip the bulls?"

"No. Bulls would gum it. They'd flash their dusty standards at the wide-eyes, probably find some yegg to pin, probably even the right one. But they'd trample the real tracks and scare the real players back into their holes. If we're doing this, I want the whole story. No cops, not for a bit."

21o4pav.jpg

I saw Little Miss Sunshine last night and thought it was hilarious! If you like off-beat comedies like I Heart Huckbees, Royal Tenenbaums, or Napolean Dynamite, I think you'll like Little Miss Sunshine. The characters are great and become funnier as the movie goes on and you get to know them better. By the climax near the end of the movie, I was laughing so hard I was crying.

I saw the hills have eyes today and to say the least this movie sucked the big one. I heard heard lots of good things... heard it was the scariest movie in a while. It really isent, however graphic, i did not get startled or jump once. Nor was i at any tension or suspensfull state at any time during the movie. All very predicatble and i called everything that was going to happen and i mean everything.

I also saw accepted was a pretty good movie overall.... has the best ending to a movie i have ever seen... for those whove seen it you should know what im talking about. The only thing i dident like about it is how really fake it is... yes i know lots of movie are really fake in their plot line but this one just bugged me :P.

It's been awhile since I posted here(and I've only watched ~3-4 movies since then, but I don't remember most of them ><)

So uhh,

Crank Freaking awesome, it reminds me of Die Hard the way it was when it came out(or the way I heard it was, since I was born a little less than 5 months after it came out). It's funny, has good action scenes, and a good developed story-line(as cheesy as it may look in the previews).

Sin City Rewatched it, still amazing as ever, and I noticed more details when it came to color contrasting with the black and white

The Incredibles I don't know if I posted this before, but it was a good watch. If there is a sequel that ever comes out, it'll be exactly the same as the end of this one.