What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

xtra post:

One of the good DVd movies I've seen is the Chorus. The original name is "Les Choristes" It's supposevely a french canadian film about a music teacher who changed the children's life with his teaching and motivation. It seems it's not popular internationly but it's a well made story and drama with sad and shocking events.

Wow I thought I was the only one who saw this movie. It was so great. Could have slipped into corny at any time but it never did. It was just touching and beautiful. Amazing : ) Non Hollywood films ftw.

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

last movies ive seen...

click

great movie! very funny yet sad at the end (my gf ended up crying in my arms) not bad to watch for a 'date'

pirates of the carribean 2

another great movie.. definately up there, left you wanting to see the 3rd movie (out in a year)

over the hedge

not bad, ok for the kids... i found it good (im 15)

newbankofrsyq0.gif

99/100 combat

star wars - the return of thr jedi, was on TV yesterday

not everybody wants to hear the bubblegum pop garbage.

im gonna burn in hell and drink all of satans beer.

trashmetal/deathmetal/hardrock/folkmetal die hard

I saw THE TERMINATOR again this morning, and it was still quite statisfying, not as good as the second one though.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

The Philadelphia Story - not a big katherine hepburn fan, but i got past that. a decent romance movie, intertwinning plots, decent acting by everyone. its a good movie.

EDIT: another one :P

Frida - this movie was interesting. salma hayek did a pretty decent job acting, but i didnt much care for the unibrow. this was an adaptation from the book, so maybe it held some importance there. give it a watch if you have the time.

EDIT 2: no new posts, so another one :D

The Adventures of Robin Hood - decent movie. sometimes errol flynn seemed good for the part, at other times not so good. one thing i was happy with was the sword play, pretty decent.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The Hills Have Eyes- A little too gory for my taste. It made me a little jumpy as well.

Nacho Libre- Good movie. You hafta like just Jack Black to really appreciate this movie.

Click- Best movie I've seen in a while. I was dying of laughter the first 1 and a half then it got a little sad but it all turns out okay in the end.

duckfight0nq.png

Luckily I used Protect From Melee

Guest GhostRanger

I watched Firewall the other night. It was a lot better than I expected - I actually liked it a lot and i didn't hear good things about it when it was in theaters. My dad saw it and convinced me to check it out though!

(Anyone seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang? I'm thinking about watching it soon but haven't decided yet...)

I watched Poseidon yesterday. Problably the worse movie I've ever been to, even the Scary Movie series is better.

I found it so ridiculous the way every character has it's super hero moments and when they aren't in those moments they are weak and pathethic.

Yesterday night, soon after I came back from the movies, Black Cadillac was on on TV. Even That was better than Poseidon.

No wonder my mood got terrible yesterday...

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

Guest GhostRanger
but i didnt much care for the unibrow.
The whole reason I never want to see that movie.

it wouldnt have been so bad if there was an explanation for it, but it was just kinda there.

American History X - great, as always.

Wasn't it there just because that's how Frida was? Known, in part, for her ridiculous unibrow?

I watched Basic. I enjoyed it, the plot moved fast and I never really felt bored. It had some good twists, fair performances, and an enjoyable premise. Overall it was a good movie, but its not as good as it thinks it is.

Two major problems:

First, there is a constant downpour of rain throughout the movie, as well as a lot of helicopter blades turning. Why is this a problem? All the ambient noise makes it nearly impossible to hear any of the dialogue for about 50% of the movie. But this point is fairly minor compared to the second major flaw.

This movie twists so much. And that can be a good thing, but the only problem is it doesn't properly explain what's happening. Nothing really happens that's significant for the first half, then in the last 20 minutes it twists like 10 times. It seems to think that it's doing something clever but instead it seems more like it's trying to be overly smart and confusing. There's almost no explanation for some of the things that happen, and you can't hear most of the explaining because of problem A. I kinda need to watch the movie again. Some of the twists were good, but some just seemed like excess baggage. This keeps the movie from being great, and it settles for merely good.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - about as generic as comic book movies can get.

The Mask of Zorro - nothing special, generic folk hero movie.

The Legend of Zorro - generic sequel to a generic movie, except this time they added an annoying kid in it.

Daredevil - another pretty generic comic book movie. i watched the directors cut this time, and i enjoyed it more than the theatrical version.

Raiders of the Lost Ark - heh, classic. number 16 on the top 250 movies, and i think it almost deserves it. so many memorable scenes in it.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - like the first one, except this one sucked. annoying kid and annoying lead lady, and jumping out of a plane in a raft and a mine shaft that has a rollercoaster in it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Everytime I go to make this post my internet/computer likes to freeze..

Clerks-Funny(although inappropriate for little kids) my favorite scene is where Jay is dancing outside and Silent Bob is against the wall with the light slanting down cutting the picture in half, pure art.

Crash-I watched this knowing that is was suppose to be great, and thinking that it had something to do with a car crash. It was great but it has nothing to do with a car crash >_>;;(well.. kinda, there are lots of scenes involving cars) the whole movie is based on just one line, and it's a fantastic line.

Graham: It's the sense of touch. In any real city, you walk, you know? You brush past people, people bump into you. In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something.

Blow-I had seen many parts of this movie on tv before, but never the whole thing at once.

The Butterfly Effect-So I went to Blockbuster hoping the rent the movie Magnolia(won 2 free rentals from popeyes =D ). But they didn't have it. So I wandered around awhile trying to think of another movie I wanted to rent. Thought of this movie, which I didn't want to see originally because it had Ashton Kutcher in it. After watching it, it blew me away. The whole concept of it confused the hell out of my mom, but I thought it was interesting.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - heh, back to the good old indiana jones. not quite as good as the first one, but a lot better than the second one.

EDIT: one more

Chinatown - didnt really know what to expect from this, but i was happy. as the movie progresses it gets more interesting, going from a simple "man cheats on wife" story to encompassing the entire cities future. jack did a great job, and faye dunaway did a decent job. the name sounded familiar, and now that i see she was in bonnie and clyde the face is familiar too. good movie, and its #43 on the list. means i have 2 more to finish the top 50 :D .

EDIT 2: hmm, no new ones yet?

"The 4400" (season 1,2, and the first 7 of 3, which is up to date) - i didnt know what to think of it at first, all i knew about it before i watched it were there are 4400 special people, and thats what the number was for. after watching the entire series up to date, i have two main feelings. first, it was really enjoyable to watch. im going to watch them every sunday from now on. secondly, they arent really all that great. acting isnt all that great, nothing else special about it. seemed like they are copying xmen half the time. overall i like it, and if you have the time to watch all the first ones, go for it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Der Untergang - it was really good and kept you interested, most of the time. i think it was a little long right in the middle. but for the way the movie is set up, i think it was a great job to keep you that interested. judging acting in a foreign movie is a little more difficult, but i thought it was pretty good. it also puts me at having the top 40 done, and only 1 away from top 50.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Der Untergang - it was really good and kept you interested, most of the time. i think it was a little long right in the middle. but for the way the movie is set up, i think it was a great job to keep you that interested. judging acting in a foreign movie is a little more difficult, but i thought it was pretty good. it also puts me at having the top 40 done, and only 1 away from top 50.
Stop beating me <.< .

But I'm watching 1 more today. Could never find Lawrence of Arabia in Blockbuster, so I just bought it (an unexpected setback in my savings for my computer, but whatever, I needed to see it).

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

There are worse ways to spend your money, Putter. :) Going to see POTC 2 tonight! :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!