What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Sasom i en spegel (Through a Glass Darkly) - The first part of the, by the critics made up, trilogy by Ingmar Bergman about the absence of God. The movie has got, unlike other Bergmans, a very small cast and simple set-up. I think this was the second collaboration between Nykvist and Bergman. Bergman who traded his older Gunnar Fisher who was specialized in studio-lighting made a very good choice in going to a cinematographer who's expertise is natural lighting, thus Bergman being able to start shooting on location. This movie is the first of a 'trilogy' Bergman made to shake of his religious influenced past, which he didn't wanted. But had to follow by his strict father. It mainly deals with the artists morals (kind of auto-biographical) and finding God trough family ties. A good movie, wonderfully photographed, a very strong preformance by Harriet Andersson, and an excellent choice of location which is present at all three movies. It would have been even better if it would have a little bit more intensity. But overall a very good Bergman.

NattvardsgÃÆÃâÃâästerna (Winter Light) - This is the second movie out of the three movies. This movie deals with a Pastor (Gunnar BjÃÆÃâÃâörnstrand) who is forsaken by God. We start in church, when he's giving communion, you can already see he's tormented, his passion is gone, he's empty. The way he does the communion looks more like an exorcism, banning God from the people than something else. He's turning more into an Atheist after his wife's accident in which she died. After the service, he gets a vissit from a tormented fisher and his wife. The Pastor sees this as an oppertunity to test if God has really forsaken him, or that he can still help out. He fails. After that his belliefs and patience are further tested by a woman, whom he had an affair with, who claims she loves him, follows him, basically stalks him. The entire movie you have 'churchgoers', who are having doubt in the existance of God, but in the end there can still be seen some positivity by Bergman, because the helping hand (in church) of the Pastor is still honestly convinced God excists, and the Pastor keeps hope and continues with his service, allthough it being for only one person; the woman who has been with him the entire time. Notably is where the first movie used really glossy and well styled photography this movie is using a really raw type of view on the outside world. It is looking so real, not stylized. At some points it's really confronting. It is also quite curious that we're seeing Bergman, who is a director who isn't really acclaimed for experimenting a lot, comming up with an entire new style of shot; the close up he does when MÃÆÃâÃâärta is reading the letter. Bergman is a master of the close up, and this one is another very well done scene. This movie is a lot more intense than the first movie from the 'trilogy', and only logically scores a little bit higher in my book as well.

Tystnaden (The Silence) - Is the last part of this trilogy. And this is where we finally see that this isn't really a trilogy, as it isn't really logically or thematically linkable with the other two movies, which do have that. This movie has got, yet again, some experimenting. Not with the visuals this time, but with sound. As the title already says: Silence. For example; sometimes you only hear background sounds and when there is spoken you don't hear the words said. This movie is a deep and intense silence, alienation between the two sisters Anna and Ester, claustrophobia not only for Ester who is terminally ill and is in a country where she cannot comunicate (even though she is a famous literature translatress), but also for the beautifull Anna who is constantly surrounded by eroticism and can't escape from the past with her sister. And is there hell on earth, in this place where we are staying? This certainly is suggested in the scenes where you're looking out of the window (first train, later hotel) and you're seeing the tanks getting delivered and later rolling trough the streets. This movie is using a lot more symbolism than the first two movies. And I'm still puzzled about one thing: what do the scenes with the midgets mean? They're really surreal like, something that could appear in a Bunuel movie, I really can't place them in the movie. Overall I thought this was the best movie from the 'trilogy', it was the most intense, it had this nightmarish atmosphere, all the alienation. And an ending everybody is scared of. Oh, and if you're wondering where Kubrick got his inspiration for certain scenes from THE SHINING from, this is the thing. This must have been a huge inspiration to Polanski when he was making REPULSION as well.

Overall I am very happy that I experienced this trilogy. This is certainly something that I won't forget in a long time, and something that surely requieres another viewing, too fully understand everything. Which is a thing that doesn't take that much time, as the movies are fairly short. The longest being 95 minutes, the shortest being 80 minutes. The movies are also very well paced. If you got interested after reading the small pieces, and you're wondering where to get these movies. I can really recommend the Criterion Collection's box-set of this trilogy. With these movies there also comes a two and a half hour during documantary about making movies with Ingmar Bergman, which I am going to see tomorrow. The DVD is region free, so you can see it from America to Japan and from Brazil to England. You can find information about the release by clicking here. Don't get scared from the criterion collection's price. You're most likely to find it at shops for around $60,-- (USD) instead of the $79.95 (USD) advice price found on the website.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

i just ordered the ingmar bergman trilogy :D .

"Seinfeld" Season 3, 4 - last episode of season four was great, at the end they showed a lot of the charachters from previous episodes, that were only on one or two episodes. throughout the whole season i noticed them referencing things that happened it previous episodes, a lot more than i thought they did. this show is awesome :D .

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Those 60-70$ spent could also have been used on shiny diamonds, eh indy? Jewelry ahoy! :P

Enjoy the trilogy :)

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Just recently I saw the movieFargo (1996). I liked it a lot and would give it a 8/10. Before I saw it I really knew nothing about it so it kinda surprised me with the amount of violence in it, but it didnt bother me much.

I liked how the film portrayed the way Minnesotans speak.

:lol: I find that in my everyday speach I am saying a lot of the things that the main characters said in the movies such as "yea" (A LOT!) and "ya know". "Marge Gunderson" was very good It thought :thumbsup: .

lope6jw0.jpg

Oh man, that's really cool you ordered them, Indy! I hope you'll enjoy them!

21o4pav.jpg

It's bad weather, so I started watching some movies I already saw...

I started with Cul-de-sac which is one of the coolest comedies out there. Too bad it's so underrated in the oevre of Polanski. Together with Noz w Wodzie and Repulsion this is my favorite Polanski. :)

That was the first one, I'm going to do some more in a few minutes. :)

21o4pav.jpg

King Kong (the new peter jackson version)

it was AWSOME, one of my favorites

Last one I saw in theaters was Pirates of the Carribean 2

it was pretty good, but kinda confusing, but the very last scence (don't wanna give it away) was really great. Just those last two seconds...rofl it was sooo great.

I'm bussy watching The Pink Panther, and after the first 45 minutes I already think this is the worst movie I've ever seen. This is absolutely terrible, I'd be ashamed to send something like this into theaters. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting a masterpiece or something, but this is even worse than I thought. Everything is just like this big chain of lamest jokes ever. They really aren't funny. And then, at the end of every scene, comes a joke that's even worse than all the jokes of that scene combined. What were these guys thinking? Are they even thinking? I honestly can't imagine somebody thinking this is funny, or a good movie. AVOID AT ALL COST! *shakes head*

21o4pav.jpg

You've got about three very important decades in the history of cinema. The first is of course the period from lets say 1895 till 1910 with especially the Lumỉ̮̬̉re brothers and M̮̩̉̉lỉ̮̬̉s, basically inventing cinema, and giving the first 'rules', the first special effects etc. Then you've got the sixties, with everything being re-invented by the critics of the Cahiers du Cinema, who started making movies and came with the Nouvelle Vague streaming, also giving a real boost to art-cinema. And then you've got the 20s, with masters like Eisenstein coming up with Montage, Lang, Wiene and Murnau comming out with the German expressionism which has got a major influence, you've got Chaplin and Keaton giving the base for the comedy genre, and finally you've got Bủ̮̱̉uel, brining surrealism to the big screen. And this was done by making Un Chien Andalou (or An Andalusian Dog), a mind-blowing short movie of 17 minutes, that may even be the most analyzed, perhaps even overanalyzed piece of celluoid in the history of cinema. There's some decent explanation for the opening. the famous scene with Bủ̮̱̉uel sharpening his razor on the leather and the woman's eye being cut open, which is of course an easily recognized metaphor for montage in movies (You really don't need Robert Short's horrible audio commentary to find that out). But after that everything is a litte bit harder to explain. Personally I believe that it is about loneliness and sex mostly, and everything men want and need to do to get into the heart of woman and their hunger for that piece of ultimate intimacy.

24c8mqc.jpg

The famous cutting scene. Where is proven how the montage can set the mood and horrify the audience.

This truly is a very great piece of cinema, not only for bringing surrealism to the screen and being an influence to a lot of modern directors, this movie is more than 'historical value', with all it's symbolism, nightmarish atmosphere and dazzling editing work this movie will give you more to think than most movies released nowadays. It should also be noted that DalÃÆÃâÃâí helped writing the script for this movie, as he would in BuÃÆÃâÃâñuel's next and final, but feature length, PURE surrealist movie L'Age D'or. Both movies can't be missed by anyone who is seriously interested in movies, and basically everybody should see Un Chien Andalou. 10/10

For those interested, you can buy a combination box of Un Chien Andalou and L'Age D'or at Play.com, it comes in two discs, one with Un Chien Andalou and the documentary A propÃÆÃâÃâósito de BuÃÆÃâÃâñuel and L'Age D'or with full audio commentary on the second disc. This is the UK-release brought to you by BFI. And there's also a release for our American friends, which can be found here. :)

[EDIT] Always wondered what Debaser by the Pixies is about? It's about Un Chien Andalou. ;)

21o4pav.jpg

24cirrp.jpg

Tomo assisting Seibei on his hair for his final battle

I hadn't had much to do this afternoon, and still had a couple of movies to watch, which I bought a while ago. One of them was Tasogare Seibei (Or the Twlight Samurai) which I had never seen before. It's a pretty nice movie. It's a nice, somewhat casual story about a samurai (Seibei) that's been taking it a bit easier after his wife died of TBC. He basically wants to be left alone by family who are choosing rich wives for him to get him out of poverty, at some points it has got something of an Ozu, with all the family drama. After a while he gets in contact again with his youthfriend (Tomoe, a girl of course), and the romance, which is of course very shy and respectfull, starts to grow a bit. Seibei is a bit stubborn, so the romance stays out a bit till later parts in the movie, where presure gets high when Seibei needs to fight a dangerous samurai. All in all it's a prety modest movie, about a modest samurai, here and there some really interesting parts in it. Everything is done on a easy going pace, it's calm and relaxing, for same maybe slow, but never boring. If you find it at a renting place, take it with you, it's nice to see sometime. It was good, and nice, but nothing too special. So I don't really know where that 8.1 from IMDB is comming from, as it wasn't a 'masterpiece' or something. I'm keeping it on a 7.5

21o4pav.jpg

"Lost" season 1 - felt like rewatching it (again), to get ready for it coming back this fall. the second season comes out on dvd september 5th, and i plan on having it the first day. give me plenty of time before october 4th to watch it.

Serenity - i was doing my duty as a browncoat by making my cousin watch a few episodes of the tv series with me, and i got him hooked. i let him borrow my firefly collection, but after watching a few i had to watch more. i just got serenity in the mail, so i watched it. great as always.

Through a Glass Darkly - the first in Ingmar Bergman's "trilogy." i dont really think of it as a trilogy, just he had three movies that have similar morals come out fairly close to one another. this one was probably my favourite of the three, i thought Harriet did a tremendous job playing a mentally unstable person.

Winter Light - this one of the three pushed the whole "god has forsaken me" point to the highest level. it was good, and i really enjoyed the story.

The Silence - didnt pick that title for nothing, there is a lot of parts that there is little to no noise. gives a great contrast to the parts where there is a lot of noise, such as on the street, or when anna is screaming. there is a lot of tension between the two sisters, which you see increase throughout the movie. the little boy almost seems forgotten at times by the his mom and aunt, which is odd because on the back of the dvd case it says they are fighting for his attention. this one doesnt seem to fit in the "trilogy" all that well, dont see much dealing with god in it.

all three movies were very well made. all were very solid. definently a good trilogy thats not a trilogy to see.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Heh, I'm glad you liked them Indy. Very nice looking box as well, uh? Yesterday night I saw Rear Window again. Which is of course one of the better movies ever made. It's writting very clever, with us actually being Jeffries, because just as Jeffries, the audience can't do anything, but watch. And of course the choice of a photographer is an amazing choice for this story because of his natural curiosity. Hitch is the master of suspense, we already knew that, but it's exceptionally good in this movie. He just puts it in and gets it out whenever he feels like it, it's no trouble for him really. And the scenes where you have this window, and you're looking at two different situations at the same time. I don't really like to ue the term, but it was quite brilliant. And of course the humour troughout the movie, by all characters. But especially Jeffries' cynical stance towards marriage, which he bases on the things he'd seen from spying his neighbours. Also a very good choice of the music. This is not just music that comes out of nothing to build the tension, Hitch chose to interact with the neighborhood and lets his composing neighboor (in the movie of course) take care of the music. Only thing that I found less good, was that on the entire story there isn't really something that the viewer is ahead of the things Jeffries notices, but there is that zoom on the dog every time. I thought that didn't really fit in well with the rest of the movie. Also

One of the last scenes, where the murdere is coming in Jeffries' house, you're having first person view from the killer. That wasn't really good I think, because in the entire movie you don't have anything to do with the killer. It kind of takes away the suspense, also thanks to the ridiculous special effects. It basically takes away the effect of Jeffries' being the man in the wheelchair. Other than that, this is of course a very influential and high quality suspense movie that should be seen by everybody. Because, believe it or not, it is still up-to-date and still frightning, even over fifty years after it's first release. 9/10

P.S. Grace Kelly is lovely, too bad she had to marry Prince Rainier, because she had to stop acting thanks to that.

21o4pav.jpg

The Frighteners - The Directors cut. It was quite funny, and entertainng. Nice effects and so. But there's nothing much to say about really. Other than Harry Potter used the design of the grimreeper for their dementors. I enjoyed it, a bit too long maybe.

Heat - In my eyes Michael Mann's masterpiece (although I haven't seen THIEF and THE KEEP). You can really see it's a Mann movie. He's got such a great eye for action and has got the got an almost unique talent of making movies in big cities, and displaying their beauty so masterful. The only downside is that maybe there were too much storylines involved making the movie not too long, but everything got a little bit less around 50 minutes, for about 20 minutes I think. And Pachino was a bit annoying sometimes. But of course the action after the bank robery and the showdown makes everything better. 8.5/10

Fa yeung nin wa - Probably Wong Kar Wei's best know movie. It's about two couples moving in a two appartments as their neighbours. We got Mr. Chow and his wife, and Mrs. Chan and her husband. Mrs. Chow and Mr. Chan are gone all the time, and Mr. Chow and Mrs. Chan discover that. What follows is a very sexy and subtle movie, but without sex or any form of pshysical contact. I saw it before, a while ago. And felt like seeing it again yesterday, because on my first time I wasn't very concentrated. Which is just what you need to see this movie, a lot of concentration. This comes especially because you never get to know when there's a new meeting trough a certain development or something, it can always be recognized by Mrs. Chan's clothing, which of course seems to be easy enough to stay focused on. But in every shot there is so much to see, there's so much beauty that you easily forget to look at the clothing and therefor lose a little bit. And even if you don't pay attention for half a minute, you entirely lost touch of the movie. Litterally every shot is of very high quality, from walking down the stairs, smoking a sigarette, sitting in front of a mirror, and all these small things you see with the little things as holding eachothers hand. And all that comes with unique editing, good acting and a very well timed and high quality score. A very memorable movie. 9/10

DVD's available

And if you liked IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE you might want to check out it's sequel 2046

21o4pav.jpg

Had a forummeet/moviemarathon yesterday night...

Batman (1966) My favorite Batman movie. It's so funny. And Adam West is the BEST Batman ever!

Eraserhead (1977) The first feature length Lynch movie. You can't really compare it to his later work (Mulholland Dr., Wild at Heart, Blue Velvet etc.), because this one hasn't got much 'form'. This is more of a Bủ̮̱̉uel movie than a typical Lynch. A very good movie nontheless. Manages to create a great disturbing and nightmarish-atmosphere. It's not for everybody though. But if you're a Lynch fan this movie is MUST. Weither you like it or not. ;)

Xing xing wang (The Mighty Peking Man) (1977) A cute King-Kong rip-off. Obviously the quality isn't very high but the hot jungle girl saves the movie. Worth a watch and ideal for movie marathons. :)

Sunrise: A song of two humans (1927) I saw this a couple of weeks ago, but I wanted my friend to see this movie as well. One of my favorite movies and in my eyes the best movie from the silent era. I think what I wrote previously had more to see, not going to do it all again. :P

Ilsa, Haremkeeper of the Oilsheiks (1976) The sequel to the succesful and somewhat sick ILSA, SHE WOLF OF THE SS (1975). Some cool torture moments and of course a lot of nudity. ^.^ Though trough the unexpected succes of SHE WOLF they wanted to go a little bit more mainstream and made this movie a little bit less HARDCORE.

Zombiegore (2003) A cheap homemade zombiemovie. Sometimes drags on a bit too much, but the scene with the German woman and her son make up for everything. This movie proves you can make anything you want. Look for a download, because this isn't available in stores.

Oh, and later when the guy left I saw:

Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai (1999) When you see the title you might think this is an action movie. But it's not realy. Of course it has got some elements in it, but it limits itself to a few ice-cold kills. Still it's a good movie, a good score, good acting, good visuals though the movie is a bit too pretentious at moments. Still worth a watch, especially for samurai and Jarmusch fans.

Muderball (2005) A very good documentary about Weelchair Rugby (or MURDERBALL). Normaly this type of stuff is either a documentary about people in a wheel chair acting tough and independant or it's a documentary on gaining pity. This one has the perfect combination and everything is balanced out very well. Sometimes very emotional and sometimes you're laughing your behind off. A very honest AND confronting documentary that gives a good insight to the sport and the people playing it. A must see!

21o4pav.jpg

The last film I saw was Superman Returns. Although it wasn't quite as bad as I had expected it to be, it was still fairly poor. It just went on for SO long, and the story is kind of hard to follow in parts. I liked the special effects, though.

stealthlord.png

"If you look into the abyss, the abyss will look into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The last movie I saw was Stay Alive a few days ago.

After the brutal death of a friend, a group of friends find themselves in possession of a video-game called "Stay Alive," a blood-curdling true story of a 17th century noblewoman known as the Blood Countess. After playing the game when they know they shouldn't, however, the friends realize that once they die in the game--they die for real. As their numbers begin dropping and as they begin dying in the ways they died in the game, the remaining friends realize they must defeat the Blood Countess or accept their fates.

I liked it =D

Play free games for free gifts: http://en.prizee.com/?refer=Slayermaster

sigdragonforcemp6.jpg

Death Race 2000 - hah! absolutly hilarious, and its even more hilarious than it would be because the two main charachters are played by david carradine and sylvester stalone. definently a funny movie, great one to watch with friends.

"Lost" season 2 - the reason i havent watched to many movies lately. 24 episodes at 42 minutes a piece takes a while. after watching the first season not to long ago i kinda started to think maybe lost wasnt as good as i remembered it. but im hooked again now, and im reading up on everything about the next season now. i found some spoilers, and i just had to read some. normally i would never read them, but i just had too. i only read a few, one verified something i was 90% sure on, 2 or 3 others werent all that important. one i didnt want to know yet, and i stopped reading after it. definently am waiting for october 4th.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The Wild Bunch A great western by Sam Peckinpah about a bunch of demoralised and overaged cowboys still trying to make something out of life and kept together trough some kind of code. As often with Peckinpah this movie involves the relation between two men (not sexual of course), betrayel etc. Also this movie features a lot of violance which is perfectly captured on the screen. Giving a new type of western. The movie is filled with all kind of little details which makes the movie even better. I'm not going to mention which little details, because that would be too much work. Just go and see this movie! It has got a lot to offer. 8/10

Star Wars: Ep. II - Attack of the Clones The second STAR WARS movie. I thought it was pretty good. Only lack was Hayden Christensen's HORRIBLE (I might even say one of the worst preformances EVER) acting. And sometimes there were some weird things that didn't seem right. The acting over the entire line of the new series is less good than the orignal movies. Though STAR WARS has never been about top notch acting, still it always had something special, something fun. But this is just plain annoying. But luckily there's enough to make up for Hayden's horrible acting. Which still makes the movie more than enjoyable. 7.5/10

21o4pav.jpg

Three movies to report.

The first is Mission: Impossible (the first). Meh, you get what you get. Neither disappointing nor intruiging.

Second: Inside Man. Though this movie was kind of ridiculous, and had an extremely overdone type of story, it was very watchable, and I rarely looked at the clock. It was very forgettable, but it was easy and relatively fun to watch, and it was not particularly impressive nor depressive? Yeah, that probably makes sence.

Third, and the one I know I'm going to take a lot of flak over.

V for Vendetta: This movie was...Frustrating. That's the only way I can aptly describe how it made me feel. It seemed...Unoriginal and shallow. Though there's obviously no other movies around that really follow that particular stream, it just seemed like it was breaking bits and pieces off of other works and messily glueing them together. And that messy glue is an admonition (think I used that right) that's presented without any nuance. It could just be that I'm currently reading Nineteen Eighty-Four (many of you know what this is about), or that I just finished the game Fallout (which deals, among other things with the future and government biological testing that created some super-people, and others it destroyed/messed up). The action was fine, but seemed more like it was tacked on as something for people with a low attention span so that they would not completely hate this movie. This movie just didn't hit the spot for me, which was especially disappointing considering I've heard so many great things about it.

P.S. I did, however, enjoy the blowing up of the Parliament buildings, which played out to the theme of "When Buildings Fall Down"..."The best part was when the buildings fell down!" Excellent, but stolen.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Inside Man Who would have expected this from Lee. Such and overdone story! But Lee obviously brought it differently. I loved all the little jokes and winks to other famous movies in the genre. Washington was so amazing as well. Such a great babble, and his clothing, the hat really tipped it off great, making this old fashioned type, you know, 40s noir detective. At the end it was so great, you saw him getting to all these high and rich people, and then he goes home. Opens the door, you see his shadow with the hat and fiance's brother drunk on the bench. Then the music kicks in and he goes to his wife and she stars playing with his hat. Man, I loved that part! Also the rest of the movie was just very well done. I liked how they also took a little attention off the robbers and focused more on the greater evil on the ending. I enjoyed it a lot and I thought it was deffinitely more than "forgettable".

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith - Fort he forth time or something. It's pretty good and connects well with the orignal trilogie. Here and there some flaws. But who cares, it's Star Wars.

21o4pav.jpg

Snakes on a Plane:

Just let me say first, that read the why, and not the what.

This is easily the most well-made new movie I've seen in 2006. So here's the why: It has a clear goal in mind, in achieves it with utter brilliance, and is far more entertaining than anything else I've seen this year. There's never a dull moment, it combines well a feeling of fear and helplessness with purposeful humor, a thing most people don't seem to realise it's doing.

With that in mind, it never really scares you. It makes you feel a bit uneasy, and I'll never pee on an airplane again, but the idea of snakes on a plane is really just a vehichle for which it can entertain you tremendously. And boy does it do that. It's so funny, so fun, so exciting; it's a campy dream. There's so many gruesome, hilarious deaths, extremely well written lines. They make it seem to the untrained eye that many of the line are serious; but you may be able to tell that they are making them for entertaining effect. None, or few of the lines are ultimate cheese, and the way many are said they can be taken as serious or comical. I can't believe how many people who seem to think that this was a movie that was made as a serious project, and it just ended up being unintentionally funny. This is pure, intentional entertainment, and I haven't had this much fun watching a new movie in a while. There's simply nothing I can say bad about this movie, because for what it was trying to do, it's about as perfect as you can get.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Serenity; though in all fairness, we weren't exactly watching the movie :3>

It was like 9 in the morning; I'd just been at a meeting for work, and one of the guys I work with decided we needed to hang out, which translated to an afternoon of cuddling and smootches. *sigh* Now I see why people say not to date co-workers. Awkward work envirnoment FTW!

Luckily I'd already seen Serenity, so I'm not totally missing out on the awesomeness. Caleb on the other hand...let's just say there'll be no more watching movies he hasn't already seen.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and say the opposite.

~Sam Levenson

Snakes on a Plane:

Just let me say first, that read the why, and not the what.

This is easily the most well-made new movie I've seen in 2006. So here's the why: It has a clear goal in mind, in achieves it with utter brilliance, and is far more entertaining than anything else I've seen this year. There's never a dull moment, it combines well a feeling of fear and helplessness with purposeful humor, a thing most people don't seem to realise it's doing.

With that in mind, it never really scares you. It makes you feel a bit uneasy, and I'll never pee on an airplane again, but the idea of snakes on a plane is really just a vehichle for which it can entertain you tremendously. And boy does it do that. It's so funny, so fun, so exciting; it's a campy dream. There's so many gruesome, hilarious deaths, extremely well written lines. They make it seem to the untrained eye that many of the line are serious; but you may be able to tell that they are making them for entertaining effect. None, or few of the lines are ultimate cheese, and the way many are said they can be taken as serious or comical. I can't believe how many people who seem to think that this was a movie that was made as a serious project, and it just ended up being unintentionally funny. This is pure, intentional entertainment, and I haven't had this much fun watching a new movie in a while. There's simply nothing I can say bad about this movie, because for what it was trying to do, it's about as perfect as you can get.

I need to see that movie!

Does kenan die? :ohnoes:

Hehe, after 9k votes Snakes still scores an 8.3 on iMDB. :lol:

21o4pav.jpg