What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

That's kind of what I thought about it also. A lot of people thought it was horrible, and hated it, but I thought it was ok. Interesting story, just could probably have been done better.

Hah. Here in Holland I mainly heard positive things about it. :P I still need to see it though.

And I saw Rocky II last night. And it was great, as always.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Hah. Here in Holland I mainly heard positive things about it. :P I still need to see it though.

Hmm. After checking on the imdb boards, it is not nearly as hated as I thought it was. It has a 7.7 rating, which is good enough. Maybe when it first came out all the people who didn't like it were more vocal, on the boards there are a few who hate it, but not all that many.

UHF - A movie with 'Weird Al' Yankovic as the lead role. That should sum it up pretty nicely. I enjoyed it, of course :D .

Hotaru no haka - Grave of the Fireflies is the best animated movie there is. So far out of the three animated movies I've seen that have come from Japan, all of them have been the best animated movie. I don't know how all three are in the number one position, but they are :P (other two being Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke). This movie is placed in Japan, during WWII. This is by no means just a kids movie, I think it actually might appeal to adults a little more. I loved this movie, and if you ever want to watch an animated movie, this one would be a good choice.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Guest GhostRanger
Has anyone seen the movie Brick? What did you all think of it?

Go back to page 61 :P

Haha...I knew someone would say that! I just saw it recently and like it a lot...I could have gone back just two pages though to see what others thought. :P

Watched the Illusionist recently. One of the best movies I've seen so far this year. You can see through the plot every now and then, but the all-around quality of the movie makes up for it.

Prestige is going to be similar to the Illusionist so I'll be watching that as soon as it hits the theatres as well.

North by Northwest - I hadn't actually seen as much of this as I first thought. All the classic scenes, that get parodied all the time, I already saw. So I guess I saw about half of it. Anyways, this is a great Hitchcock movie. If you like Hitchcock, then you will like this one. If you don't, you probably will still like it.

Vertigo - This one is a little different than the other Hitchcock's, although I couldn't exactly explain how. It just feels a little different. It is pretty good, and I enjoyed the ending.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

16 Blocks - An action movie with Willis. And well, he's playing what he's best at. Too bad I can't stand David Morse, I really, really, hate him. Mos Def was quite annoying from time to time. Plot was a little bit too standard, and the twists weren't very good. And I didn't think the action was good enough to make up for it. Still it wasn't a pain to see it, at some points even quite entertaining. 6/10

She's Gotta Have It - Woohoo! If somebody's asking you a movie that clearly shows new wave in American cinema, say SHE'S GOTTA HAVE IT! Man, what a movie. I really enjoyed it, it was so clever, and it has been such an important movie, not only for 'the black movie' but also for independant film in the 80s. Go see it! 7.5/10

21o4pav.jpg

Eraserhead - WTF?

Lola Rennt - Great, as always.

EDIT: Forgot the first one :P . Also, apperantly the acronym WTF is blocked, but it is the best way to explain my thoughts on Eraserhead :D .

Rebecca - The first movie I watched today, can't beleive I almost forgot about it. Another great Hitchcock, I really didn't see it going to the way it did near the end. Once again, if you like Hitchcock, you probably will like it.

EDIT 2: Felt like watching movies today apperantly :D

South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut - I'm sure even those of you who haven't seen South Park already hold an opinion on it, so I won't try to change it. But I will say once again that I think Matt Stone is a genius :D .

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Lady & The Tramp - Hmm, lovely. One of the best romance scenes ever. <3

The Deer Hunter - Was still very good, but still too long. Espeically the beginning, which I could't really get into again. But the rest of the movie is quite powerfull.

North by Northwest - Also very good. But that music! Brilliant! But where have I heard it before, in what movie. Arrgh.

21o4pav.jpg

Sommaren med Monika was quite good. A somewhat 'mainstream' Bergman, open for a wider audience. :)

Tonight friend draging me to the cinema and I need to see Il Caimano (Which I probably won't find too interesting because it involves politics) and Vers le Sud which seems to be a movie for 'old woman' who want to feel sexy again AND think they know stuff because they saw a 'french movie with Charlotte Rampling and two other actresses who are in their fifties'. This is the most disgusting movie goer and type of movie out there.

21o4pav.jpg

Guest GhostRanger

I saw School for Scoundrels last night, aka, Napoleaon Dynamite 2. I didn't think it was going to be very funny but I laughed a lot. Definitely worth $6 to get in - it was late and I didn't fall asleep, so that says something.

mad max(short)and death trap(with the british actor that was in secnd hand lion)

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

Hah, Il Caimano was surpsingly good. Not as much politics as I thought it would have. And movies about movie making is always a pro.

I complained about not wanting to see Vers le Sud so we went to the bar instead. Sorry guys.

21o4pav.jpg

Wilbur Wants to Kill Himself was a complete disaster. What a horrible movie, from a talentless director that hasn't got ANY feel for cinema. She ought to do something else than making movies. It wasn't anything, not the black comedy I hoped it to be, no good drama, terrible romance; it went nowhere and it was about nothing. And I can still handle that when it has got decent acting prestations, or good cinematography and music, but this just lacked on every aspect.

21o4pav.jpg

if u think that u shud see "this is Spinal Tap"

my mom thout it was a bout a drug, but it turned out to be about a director, who made a comershal,(how evr u spell t) about a covered waggon, being chassed by a dog, underneith a Kitchen sink,(dont worry its all about him filming a british "Metal" band in America),yes its a true story, unfortunaly the driver(of their limmo) died recintly. yes a true story.

THis movie 0WNS

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

if u think that u shud see "this is Spinal Tap"

my mom thout it was a bout a drug, but it turned out to be about a director, who made a comershal,(how evr u spell t) about a covered waggon, being chassed by a dog, underneith a Kitchen sink,(dont worry its all about him filming a british "Metal" band in America),yes its a true story, unfortunaly the driver(of their limmo) died recintly. yes a true story.

THis movie 0WNS

What??

Anyway,

The cook, the thief, his wife and her lover finally! It was so great. Especially thanks to the visual quality of the movie. The amazing sets, great experiments with lighting and the great camera slides and voyeuristic style. Delicious characters who were portrayed very good. And one of the best scores ever.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show aah, the opening song really reminds me how much I love the movies. And well, the ultimate cult movie, do I need to say more? ;)

21o4pav.jpg