What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

pirates of the carribbean 2 "i've got jar of dirt! i've got a jar of dirt!"

and little man

my question for pirates of the carribbean 2 is why couldnt tjey just catch the monkey and throw it overboard?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I just saw "The Road to Perdition". Not the best Gangster film, but still pretty good. The ending was pretty sick.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Hostel - Oh man, obviously Eli doesn't take himself to serious, so neither should we. It was hilarious!

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut - this movie is hilarious. its like the tv series, except even better.

EDIT:

Chasing Amy - easily the best kevin smith movie. maybe not the funniest, but easily my favourite. everything about it is awesome. if you liked any of the other ones (clerks/mallrats/dogma/jay and silent bob strike back/jersey girl/clerks 2) then you will like this one as well.

EDIT 2: (sorry, no imdb link for it)

Done the Impossible - a documentary made by fans of the firefly tv show and serenity movie. i really enjoyed it, but like with everything dealing with this i know tommorow im going to be pissed off that it was cancelled. had this preordered for months, i completly forgot about it. when it came in the mail, you should have seen the look on my face :lol: . i love firefly.

EDIT 3: last one tonight, i swear :P .

The Maltese Falcon - great movie. im really, really glad it ended the way it did. bogart gave a great performance, as did lorre. but thats expected. lead lady wasnt all that great. the story had a good amount of twists and turns, and kept you wondering what the big picture was.

and btw, 66/66 :D

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Eyes Wide Shut (1999).

The greatest movie about paranoia ever?

freaky movie isnt it?

The Healer - watched this yesterday actually, but forgot about it. probably because it wasnt all that great. nothing special at all about it, the ending is a little odd, but not in a good way.

Modern Times - another charlie chaplin. i didnt laugh as much at this one, but it was still pretty good.

Double Indemnity - it was pretty good, but not quite great. had a twist and turn, but needed a little more. it was interesting enough i suppose.

71/71 :P

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Beetle Juice

A Beautiful Mind

Independence Day

King Kong

American Graffiti

and tonight... Chronicles of Narnia.. and im nto expecting a good show.. lol

Eyes Wide Shut (1999).

The greatest movie about paranoia ever?

freaky movie isnt it?

I liked it a lot. And it has had some very interesting scenes too. O:)

But it all made so much sense! I still doubt it was all faked.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

Yesterday I was at my grandma, and I didn't really feel like sitting in the garden with her and her friends the entire afternoon, so I was looking what the T.V. had to offer and I got to the amazing Side-Out. Which was quite funny, compared to an afternoon in the garden with my grandma and her friends.

21o4pav.jpg

Hey,

Well yesterday I was flippin through my TV guide and watched a movie called War Games which was pretty interesting. Its about a teenager who hacks into government files and without knowing it creates a simulated war between the US and the Sov Union, but the government doesnt know its simulated and thinks its real. It was pretty entertaining.

I watched The Ringer for probobly the 3482357243859274th time. Great movie. "My name is ossel and I can count to potato."

3 days ago I watched one of the favorite movies of all time, Saving Private Ryan. I LOVE that movie. I dont know why, its just a great peice of work and it is very entertaining.

And Last weekend I watched Not Another Teen Movie because its flippin hillarious and because of some hot women. :D :thumbsup: O:) [/url]

Yesterday I was at my grandma, and I didn't really feel like sitting in the garden with her and her friends the entire afternoon, so I was looking what the T.V. had to offer and I got to the amazing Side-Out. Which was quite funny, compared to an afternoon in the garden with my grandma and her friends.

Way to disappoint your grandma, Daan. :shame:

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

Some Like it Hot - i dont think marilyn monroe is as good as an actress as many others, but shes not bad to look at :P . overall the plot of the movie is pretty stupid, but i ended up enjoying it.

The Pacifier - heh, for a kids movie it isnt that bad. nothing special about it. some parts were corny, and you could easily tell the general idea of what would happen the rest of the movie after watching the first 15 minutes, including what jokes you were likely to see.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I saw Lady in the Water... I didn't like it too much. It was a bit too random. :? Like how did she make a house? Or why the guy was trying to refuse in the end when he was the one in charge of the whole thing? Or why did the muscle guy stay outside when it was raining when everyone else went in? Or when she was leaving. I thought the 'guardian' was the only one allowed to watch but the whole neighborhood got to see it

I liked how people act all smart about the movie though. "it was so good, you just don't get it!!"

Werckmeister HarmÃÆÃâÃâóniÃÆÃâÃâák (2000 - BelÃÆÃâÃâá Tarr) - Which was very good, if you like movies with very long and very slow scenes brought in a repitive style. Every scene has got the same set-up. The movie also has got one of the best, if not the best, opening scenes I've ever seen. A must see for those who like Tarkovsky's movies, as Tarr is seen as the new Tarkovsky. 8.5/10

Predator 2 (1990 - Stephen Hopkins) - Predator is cool of course, this movie isn't always very cool. But still cool. With some great action and the coolest one-liners ever. Too bad the subway scene was so chaotic. 7/10

Alien vs. Predator (2004 - Paul W.S. Anderson) - A movie with Alien AND Predator, well...That can't be bad, right? And it wasn't! I really liked the fights between the Alien and the Predator, and of course it was fun to see those humans run around in between it! Don't care what all those people say, I thought it was good! 7.5/10

A Matter of Life and Death (1946 - Powell & Pressburger) - One of the best movies ever made IMO. It's so far ahead of it's time, it's amazing. A must see and must have! 9.5/10

21o4pav.jpg

Guest GhostRanger
I saw Lady in the Water... I didn't like it too much. It was a bit too random. :? Like how did she make a house? Or why the guy was trying to refuse in the end when he was the one in charge of the whole thing? Or why did the muscle guy stay outside when it was raining when everyone else went in? Or when she was leaving. I thought the 'guardian' was the only one allowed to watch but the whole neighborhood got to see it

I liked how people act all smart about the movie though. "it was so good, you just don't get it!!"

I thought during the party they showed the muscle guy notice everyone acting weird and he stayed outside to see what they were doing. And they said that everyone can watch who's involved - meaning the guardian, and the guild, and the healer, etc. - everyone else in the neighborhood went inside.

Touch of Evil - orson welles, charlton heston. awesome. need i say more?

Amadeus - i didnt know what to think at first, in fact i was very worried that i would have to sit through almost three hours of being bored. didnt sound like it would be that interesting at all. but of course, i was wrong. this movie was great. i dont know wether or not it is a true story (checking that now), it would be cool if it was. its still good even if it isnt. i definently didnt expect it, so it was quite a delight.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

This is my current last three movies,

Road to Perdition (2002) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0257044/

This was a pretty good gangster movie set in the 1930's. It was pretty depressing throughout and the ending was nasty. I thought it was brilliant.

Kung Fu Hustle (2005) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373074/

I had high hopes for this one and I just a little disappointed. It good just not as good as I had expected. The fight scenes were amazing but the story didn't really seem too brilliant.

Cars (2006) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317219/

I expected this to be awful and I went to see it without great expectations. It got off to a bad start but it got better and better as it went along. Even though the beginning was a bit crap, this was a very good film. Don't judge it before you've seen it, it was pretty damn good.

[Offtopic] How do you do the thing where you give a link a different name like indy did last post.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

V for Vendetta - third time seeing it, the first time i watched a "legal" copy of it. i could actually see what was happening during the darkest of parts, which is cool. definently worth a watch.

"Seinfeld" Season 1, 2 - working on season three as i post this. its absolutely hilarious :P . i got up to season 4 on dvd, im going to have to order the next three soon.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

[Offtopic] How do you do the thing where you give a link a different name like indy did last post.

YourText

Clerks II

It was a coin flip between this and Miami Vice as my friends were torn apart on what to see. Bad move on our part.

Sure this movie was funny, but at times it was greatly disturbing. The plot was a big downer and a waste of my $7.70. As this is a family friendly board I won't be able to elaborate on what actually happens.

Atleast there's snakes on a plane to look forward too :thumbsup:

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

Friday

My Super Ex-Girlfriend

When Matt Saunders meets Jenny Johnson, he thinks he's found the perfect girl. However, he decides to break things off with her when she becomes too needy, controlling, and jealous. Jenny doesn't take it well and decides to get back at him by using her superpowers, as it turns out Jenny is a superhero named G-Girl. Meanwhile, Matt and his co-worker, Hannah start to have a romance with each other which sends Jenny over the edge.

Sunday

Miami Vice

After a tragic security breach in the Joint Inter-Agency Task Force (JIATF), the FBI ask for help from the Miami authorities, who are not part of the compromised group. This assignment goes to Detectives James 'Sonny' Crockett and Ricardo 'Rico' Tubbs. Going undercover as offshore boat racers and outlaw smugglers Sonny Burnett and Rico Cooper, they take on the narcotrafficking network of the mysterious Archangel de Jesus Montoya-Londono and his Cuban Chinese banker Isabella. The intensity of the case pushes Crockett and Tubbs out onto the edge where identity and fabrication become blurred, where cop and player become one - especially when Crockett falls for Isabella, and when there is an assault on Tubbs's loved ones.

Tuesday

Bad Boys II

Narcotics cops Mike Lowrey (Smith) and Marcus Bennett (Lawrence) head up a task force investigating the flow of ecstasy into Miami. Their search leads to a dangerous kingpin, whose plan to control the city's drug traffic has touched off an underground war. Meanwhile, things get sexy between Mike and Syd (Union), Marcus's sister.

Wednesday

Collateral

Max Durocher (Foxx) is a night-shift cab driver in Los Angeles. He's planning a limo company called Island Limos, but has been a cab driver for twelve years. One night, he picks up a passenger named Vincent (Cruise) who seems like another ordinary passenger. But when he drops Vincent off at his location and waits for him as asked, a body falls on his cab, and it becomes clear that Vincent is actually a hitman, and he's got four more stops to make.

123 Combat / 1900 Skill Total / 99 HP / 7x 99 Stats

V for Vendetta - Very good. I'm not let down and very happy I spend my hard earned money on it. The final scenes can easily be considered classics already. Everything is good about it, from start to end you're constantly caught up in the movie. Very well done, and the Wachovsky's prove that they aren't a one day fly but delivered another very well done action movie with a deeper message that appeals to both audiences. 9/10

Land of the Dead - Good fun. 7/10

21o4pav.jpg

Guest GhostRanger

YourText

Clerks II

It was a coin flip between this and Miami Vice as my friends were torn apart on what to see. Bad move on our part.

Sure this movie was funny, but at times it was greatly disturbing. The plot was a big downer and a waste of my $7.70. As this is a family friendly board I won't be able to elaborate on what actually happens.

Atleast there's snakes on a plane to look forward too :thumbsup:

We were talking about this at work the other day. Clerks is the type of movie you rent with a bunch of guys for some good laughs, not the type you spend $7 to go see in a theater. :P