What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

I just saw Sunset Blvd. again. Which is still very, very good. They really don't make them like this anymore. A movie that everybody must see once in their lifetime, and a movie that everybody should own. I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't like this movie. 10/10

And, who's going to see SUNRISE: A SONG OF TWO HUMANS? :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Braveheart.

i watch it all the time =D>

Aye. But full of nonesense historically seen, you probably know that as a Scot. It's one of the best movies I've seen too, but it's filled with things that aren't true, although I don't mind that at all. Mel Gibson also said the movie's based on the true story of Scotland's stuggle for freedom in the 13th century.

One of the flaws is that William Wallace didn't play that much of a keyrole in Scotland's freedom; it was Robert the Bruce himself, who, after Wallace warmed up the Scots, won battle after battle.

Another thing that's not right: the princess was about 5 years old when Wallace died; she can't have known him well, definately not personally.

So many more, but those facts don't diminish the quality of the movie, I love it.

I just saw Mission: Impossible again, great action thriller. Tom Cruise is one of those actors that are worth the millions for each movie they make.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

I just saw Sunset Blvd. again. Which is still very, very good. They really don't make them like this anymore. A movie that everybody must see once in their lifetime, and a movie that everybody should own. I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't like this movie. 10/10

And, who's going to see SUNRISE: A SONG OF TWO HUMANS? :)

sunset boulevard was very, very good. i dont see it appealing to some people though.

sunrise: a song of two humans, believe it or not is kind of hard to find :P . i looked on a few *wink*perfectly legitimate*wink* websites but couldnt find it. the dvd site i normally use doesnt have it either. have to look on amazon next.

Tom Cruise is one of those actors that are worth the millions for each movie they make.

woah, never thought id ever see someone say that :lol: . i thought i was pretty much the only fan he has left :P .

Has anyone seen Clerks II?

i wrote a review on the previous page :wink: . if you havent seen the original clerks yet, definently, definently try to do that before hand. there are so many parallels between them, from the way the story progresses to just the little things. at one point randall starts beserking on the counter, and they only show it for about 2 seconds. i almost completly died laughing, and no one else seemed to notice it. you definently should watch clerks, and pay close attention to everything. it will definently make it a lot better.

and i dont know how old you or your girlfriend are, but there are a lot of sick jokes in it. a lot. :P

EDIT: forgot what i came to post about :D .

"Battlestar Galactica" (mini) - woah, this was awesome. great sci-fi, and as i mentioned in another thread recently post-apocalptic scenerios are really high on my list. i would type more, but i really want to start watching the series now :D .

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Tom Cruise is one of those actors that are worth the millions for each movie they make.

woah, never thought id ever see someone say that :lol: . i thought i was pretty much the only fan he has left :P

Nah, I don't get influenced by his personal affairs when judging his movies :) He's a great actor.

Some other actors that get bashed (it's cool to bash the popular peopl, isn't it? :roll: ) are good as well IMHO. Brad Pitt has a number of good movies; se7en etc. So I respect him for that, I don't care about what he's doing apart from acting. I also loved Clinton's policy, but that's a different matter :wink:

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Thanks indy. Just realized it's Rated R though :wall: Just hope that the theatre cashier won't bother asking :ohnoes:

And I agree that Tom Cruise is a good actor. Seems like what he does in real life ruins his rep though.

What does rated R actually mean? Is it a movie with an 18+ rating? Silly rules... Even in the 60s there were movies where 'the f-word' (hate that childish description) was used so many times. 45 years later, nothing has changed...

heinzny2.jpg

Nvm, that was in the US #-o It's 14A here :D

Rated R means that you have to have an adult with you if you're a minor.

About Clerks II again, is it gonna make me laugh even if I haven't seen the first one?

R = Restricted Audiences.

What does rated R actually mean? Is it a movie with an 18+ rating? Silly rules... Even in the 60s there were movies where 'the f-word' (hate that childish description) was used so many times. 45 years later, nothing has changed...

R= 17+

Nvm, that was in the US #-o It's 14A here :D

Rated R means that you have to have an adult with you if you're a minor.

About Clerks II again, is it gonna make me laugh even if I haven't seen the first one?

R = Restricted Audiences.

What? :uhh: :-s

MPAARatingR.gif

Any Jay and Silent Bob movie requires no plot for them to be funny (If you're in to that type of humor in the first place). I think it will still make you laugh.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

sunrise: a song of two humans, believe it or not is kind of hard to find :P . i looked on a few *wink*perfectly legitimate*wink* websites but couldnt find it. the dvd site i normally use doesnt have it either. have to look on amazon next.

They got it on Amazon. They got the normal R1 version and the Masters of Cinema version. For some reason the users selling the MoC version of the movie is asking $129,-- for it. Which is kind of weird, as you can still order it everywhere for like $20,--. So, don't buy the MoC version, there's nothing limited or OOP about it. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Glad to see another Re-imagined Battlestar Galactica fan, indy500fan :)

The miniseries is indeed amazing, I dont know if youve seen any of the actual series yet but they are all pretty good, theres a couple of filler episodes but nothing like Lost and overall its a great piece of drama.

Series 1 is out on DVD, Series 2 DVD is out in september and Series 3 should be airing on the SciFi channel in the US in October shortly bollowed by airings in the UK.

You might be interested in a website wiki im an admin on http://www.battlestarwiki.com

---

Back on topic... I saw the remake of Flight of the Pheonix, its not a bad film pe se, but certainly doesnt compare well to the original

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Ok, so I found out I'm not into that kind of humour :( Clerks II was entertaining. There were some giggle worthy moments for me, but definitely 'haha' was hard to come by. The part that made me laugh the hardest (or least softest) when he was mocking LOTR. :D

I don't know if it's the movie, or because I was anticipating too much for what's gonna go on after the movie :| I'm gonna rent out the movie (and the first one as well) once it comes out in DVD.

Next time I'm going to the theatres is for Pulse :) Hope it doesn't disappoint me O:)

Ok, so I found out I'm not into that kind of humour :(

its definently a different kind of humor, and if you havent seen clerks/mallrats/chasing amy/dogma/jay and silent bob strike back/jersey girl, the humor could be kind of odd :D .

Glad to see another Re-imagined Battlestar Galactica fan, indy500fan Smile

ah man, it blew me away. i started the series, and i couldnt stop watching it yesterday, i ended up staying up till 1:30 in the morning. not good when you have to get up at 5:00 for work. i feel like crap today and im tired, but i have to watch just one more before sleep... just one more...

Mulholland Dr. - second time watching it, and i paid attention to everything. a friend wanted to see it, we tried to figure out what was going on. didnt really figure out much. looked on message boards and websites, and mostly figured out there are different ways to take it. cool to read the theories, but i kind of wish i didnt. now i wont be able to figure it out for myself. oh well, definently will watch it again.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The Weatherman: Ugh I didn't like this film very much. It just felt as though it never got going and it seemed as if it didn't have a storyline at all.

Also it's meant to be a comedy? I think I laughed once in the whole film :|

sig2ho7.jpg

Last night I watched the Fifth Element. It was amazing. I think this has to be one of the best sci-fi movies ever made. The story sucked but it was funny as hell and the characters were amazing. Definately go see this one.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Guest GhostRanger
Pirates of the Carribean 2 - Funny how everyone can tell they'll make a 3rd one

The third one has already been made. It comes out in May.

I just saw Lady in the Water Sunday night and I liked it a lot. Really bad reviews almost always equals a good movie! Not Night's best work, but still very good.

Clerks- Watched this with a friend to get ready for Clerks II(which I still havn't seen it yet :( )

The Rocky Horror Picture Show- Saw this with some people who have never seen it before, they didn't like it, but I still enjoy it =\

Alien-(spoilers) Due to the way current Sci-Fi movies are running, I kept waiting for something to jump out at me. Thankfully nothing did, as that would just take away from the movie and make it very bland. During the countdown when it was nearing the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 part I was thinking it better not stop on 1, I want to see someone miss the countdown for once, and to my delight she did. After she escaped onto the pod I was suspecting one of 3 things(because I already know there's the movie Aliens): that the Alien was already on the ship, that the Alien had impregnated the cat(is that what it does? maybe saying it made the cat a host would be better >_> ), or that when the ship had blown off, the Alien was going to be blown into her ship(because it's invincible O.O).

Magnolia-This movie is definately the best(if not close to) movie I've ever seen. There were many points in the movie when it could have ended, and still been great, but it went on. At times this movie had enough power behind it, it rivalled(sp?) Requiem for a Dream. The way it dipped in and out of each person's story and is able to change the mood, the setting, and the pace on the stop of a dime and still have it be amazing. At points it reminded me a lot of Requiem for a Dream(the music/flashing from character to character). Favorite scene is the "Wise Up" one, pure genius. It's definately better than just 180 on the top 250 list on imdb.

Saw Jarhead Yesterday. Thios movie reflects exactly how soldiers feel when they go on mission nowadays. I've been to Afghanistan last year for four months. Believe me, it's boring there... Departing March 2007 for another four months. I bet it will be same like always: sand, dust, scorpions, spiders, more sand, cow in minefield, more spiders, gasattack-drill (to keep us sharp), more sand, etc.

Can't wait to be out there again :-w

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)