What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Oldboy.

A Korean film with English subtitles about a man who is kindnapped and imprisoned for 15 years. During this time he hears that his wife has been murdered, and he has been blamed for the crime. At first he can't think of any reason for his capture, but after he is released the story begins to unfold as he goes on the warpath to seek vengeance for his loss of life.

I couldn't even begin to explain the plot, because it completely took me by surprise all the way through, but i will say that i loved this movie! It's a great story with lots (and i mean lots) of twists, some great action scenes and a very disturbing plotline.

I'd recommend this if you enjoyed films like Ichi The Killer or Ong Bak - but not if you're squeemish. At one point, the main character pulls out some guys teeth (15 of them) with a claw hammer. Nasty.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Hehe, Oldboy, that's good work. You should see SYMPATHIE FOR MR. VENGEANCE and SYMPATHIE FOR LADY VENGEANCE as well, Rizla. Together with OLDBOY they form Park's vengeance trilogie. :)

Padre Padrone - Wow. I'm blown away. This movie is so beautiful, as in story, as in visual. You can literally pause the movie at ANY moment in the film and you will have the best looking screencaptures ever. The beauty goes beyond photography, these are paintings. Comebine that with the beautiful story based on the lift of a first bon son of a Sardian shepherd. Add a more than wonderful score to that and you've got another Taviani piece of ART. A must see.

I really, really advice those who see film more as a form of entertainment to BUY this movie and see it. You will NOT regret it.

http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/439-1292839 ... s/10001608

This is a Canadian webshop. For an American one:

http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=7212

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Hehe, Oldboy, that's good work. You should see SYMPATHIE FOR MR. VENGEANCE and SYMPATHIE FOR LADY VENGEANCE as well, Rizla. Together with OLDBOY they form Park's vengeance trilogie. :)

I bought Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance last weekend for ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã5.99 :) Haven't got around to watching it yet though.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Ah, cool. Tell me how you like it, I haven't seen 'm yet. :(

21o4pav.jpg

"Band of Brothers" - a good tv miniseries that was featured on HBO. its about a group of people in the 101st division during the european part of ww2. apperantly its all true, they even have the veterans who are still alive talk about it before each show. definently a good watch for anyone with a little extra time (10 episodes a little over an hour long each) and anyone mildly interested in ww2. plenty of action, and overall good acting performances.

Lucky Number Slevin - apperantly a lot of people didnt like this movie. i enjoyed it, i didnt even figure out the twist till it came up in the movie. josh hartnett wasnt great, but he did good enough. bruce willis didnt have all that much airtime, but he did pretty good with what he had.

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington - one of the reasons jimmy stewart is one of my favorite actors. this movie was really good, gives a good look at politicians. the only part that i think the movie really lost with was the end. it was good, then became great, then stayed great, then got better, then it just all of the sudden ended, which wouldnt be bad if it was done differently. just didnt seem like the end fit the movie.

EDIT: no reason to make a new post, i guess

Arsenic and Old Lace - hilarious movie. i havent rolled on the floor laughing at a movie in a while, but this one lives up to the last sentence on the dvd box: "youll die laughing." its a 1944 movie, so it is in black and white. has cary grant and priscilla lane (another of my favorite old school actresses) who give awesome performances, in fact i thought grant's was one of the best ive seen. directed by frank capra, who directed "its a wonderful life" "mr smith goes to washington" and "mr deeds goes to town" to name a few. you will definently like this movie, even if you dont like old movies. just give it a chance.

EDIT 2: once again no reason to make a new post

just first wanted to say that i ended up missing lost last night because of watching arsenic and old lace, and i didnt mind it a bit. when i miss lost, i am usually very, very mad. but i totally forgot about it, was to into the movie.

Roman Holiday - a good romance movie. audrey hepburn and gregory peck were both awesome. and she is pretty good looking too. not as good as some other romance movies, but it is still pretty high on the list.

EDIT 3: heh, i swear this is going to be the last time today :D

Bringing Up Baby - if every movie was great, the good ones wouldnt stand out so much. the only good thing about this movie is that i can compare it to the other ones and see how good they are. ive had a large amount of good movies in a row, so i guess i was due for a bad one. i dont like katherine hepburn. for some reason i thought she was related to audrey hepburn, so i was dissapointed with one being so awesome and the other one being so not awesome. katherine hepburn ruined this movie for me. or maybe it was the movie, because it seemed like she was supposed to be what she was doing. anyhow, i didnt like this movie at all.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Get Over It - my friend doesnt have the best taste in movies, and this is one example. its an ok movie, with some funny parts. it is actually a little more interesting than a normal teen movie because of the whole midsummers night dream parrallel thing going on. i wouldnt put it at the top of your list, but you can usually find it in the cheap bin for $5, might be worth it to you.

Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit - i remember watching these a while ago, i would watch them everytime they came on the public television station. only three episodes, so there wasnt much variety, but i liked watching them everytime. even though its a kids movie, i was really looking forward to watching this. plus its on the imdb top 250 list, so i expected it to be pretty good. i was wrong. it was ok, but definently doesnt live up to the original episodes, and therefore didnt live up to my expectations at all. maybe it just seemed bad to me because i expected so much out of it, i dont know.

Rear Window - not one of alfred hitch[roosters] best in my opinion, but according to imdb its number 14th movie of all time. his next one is psycho at number 22. i thought it was pretty good, jimmy stewart gives a good performance for being in a wheelchair the whole time. an interesting story line, and a decent ending. if you like hitchcock you will probably like it, i know i did.

Notorious - another hitchcock movie, and its pretty good. not as big of fan of cary grant as i am of jimmy stewart, but i think grant fit this role pretty well. another interesting story, this movie is more of a romance than anything else though. ingrid bergman gave a pretty good performance too.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Rear Window - not one of alfred hitch[roosters] best in my opinion, but according to imdb its number 14th movie of all time. his next one is psycho at number 22. i thought it was pretty good, jimmy stewart gives a good performance for being in a wheelchair the whole time. an interesting story line, and a decent ending. if you like hitchcock you will probably like it, i know i did
Which Hitchcock(s) do you prefer?
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Which Hitchcock(s) do you prefer?

well, my favorite by far is The Lady Vanishes. that probably would throw out my case to most hitchcock lovers, as it is not one of his bigger movies. my favorite none the less. i like psycho, and the man who new too much (first version) a little more than rear window, notorious is also probably up there. i cant really put them all in order though, they are all pretty good. lady vanishes definently is number one though :D

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

My favourite Hitchcock is Dial M For Murder.

Such a damn good film, and you can't get a better villian. Exceot for maybe Harry Lime.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

VERTIGO is my Hitchcock favorite. :)

Past few days.

De Griezelbus - Movie based on a Dutch horrorstory aimed at kids. It's made mostly for 10 year olds as well, and of course the parents of the 10 year olds. First hour was quite entertaining, after that it got pretty boring.

Ong-bak - Really cool martial arts flick. Deff good one to see if you feel like some action.

My date with Drew - Fun documantary, Brian is a great guy. I'd like a date with Drew as well.

Boy eats girl - Funny horror-comedy. Good work.

Flightplan - Not really good. It's okay if you really haven't got anything else to do.

21o4pav.jpg

VERTIGO is my Hitchcock favorite. :)
We finally agree on something ;).

Yea, that's been a while, hehe. :P

Neko no ongaeshi - Better knows as THE CAT RETURNS. Another nice work by the Ghibli animation studio. I got the impression this was aimed a bit more at kids compared to work as SEN TO CHIHIRO NO KAMIKAKUSHI, HAURU NO UGOKU SHIRO and MONONOKE-HIME, therefore it wasn't that interesting, for me atleast. Nice to have seen one but nothing too spectacular.

21o4pav.jpg

I watched Planet of The Apes, the original.

It blew me away. I already knew how it ended, with it's big-twist ending, and even knowing that, it still blew me away. That's how you know you have a good movie. It doesn't have to rely on simply a twist ending, it's amazing throughout.

It had about a dozen awesome quotes, Charlton Heston...Well, he's an incredible actor in general, so there's not much needs to be said other than he did excellent in this role. The camera work was amazing, and it flowed very well. The story was amazing, every single part, and the dialogue just felt right (the supporting cast was also extremely well acted). And the statement it makes is apparent without being in-your-face. This is a really, really good movie.

And it reminds me just how bad the remake is.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

girl interupted, I think thats the title. Saw it in health class. It was ok but I wans't really interested in it. It's a ok storyline about a girl who overdosed on medicine and chased it with alchohol. Then she gets checked into a mental institution.

gr454rc.gif

Silent Hill

So dissapointed in this movie. It could have been sooo good, and yet it let me down in every way. This was th elast movie i saw in theatres anyway, ive watched tons since then on DVD. Such as me buying X-mean and X2 so i could watch those before X3's release.

X3 Went to the movies last night to go see this with a group of friends. It was good and this movie again proves that the Washing Post doesn't know [cabbage] when it comes to movies.

Over the Hedge Watched this last night after X3. My one friend saw and he said it wasn't very good and the only funny parts are in the previews. I think he was wrong and it was funny(to me.) The humor that the little kids couldn't understand was great, along with the blatant humor "But I like the cookie" was great =D

"Mr. Bean" - a tv series from 1990, and it is absolutly hilarious. i watched all 15 episodes, and every one was funny. it might be even funnier for some of the others here because its a british comedy.

"Firefly" - this makes the third time watching the entire series, and i still got a kick out of it. at first i didnt want to watch it because i just watched it not to long ago, and i didnt want it to get old. finally i couldnt contain myself and had to watch them. third time through, so i figured i could really study everything thats going on with the actual main plots of the series with the blue sun corporation and everything. saw a lot of advertisements for it in the background, but after the third or fourth episode i was enjoying it way too much to pick it all apart. every episode is great, with two exceptions. one is where they are shipped a dead war buddy at the begining, this episode was good, not great. the other is the very last in the series (on the dvds, it may have been one that wasnt shown on tv), which id have to say is really freaking awesomely great. for a "season finale" it might be lacking a bit because it didnt leave you hanging onto anything, but for a regular episode its definently the best.

Serenity - i always follow up watching the series with watching the movie. the only difference this time is what i thought of the movie. all the other times i thought it was as good as the series, but for some reason i was a little let down this time. i think because the movie really has to rush everything, and so much is missed. they dropped the whole blue sun plot, and when straight towards one of the biggest points of the series (reavers). didnt give me the same feeling as the tv show did. i think the problem is the show was cancelled, and that really really pisses me off after i watch all the episodes. then i watch the movie, and it kind of makes me feel like im dying of thirst in the middle of a desert, and someone gives me one drink of water. sure, its nice, but its just not enough to make a difference. just prolonging the inevitable. althought there is another way to think, it may prolong it enough for there be a chance to be saved... anyways, that all sounds like i dont like the movie, which isnt true at all. i really, really enjoyed the movie too. just not quite as much as the series.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Da Vinci code... I highly recommend you read the book first, just made the movie all that more interesting.

I'm not a reader but my son, who is 23, kept pestering me for weeks to read it. He said "mom, just read the first page, if you're not hooked then you don't have to read it."

Was in Walmart a week ago Friday, saw the paper back for $4.95 and the hardback for $17.95. Picked it up, read the first page and was hooked. Still thought to myself, I'll get the paperback at least it will only be $5 down the drain if I get bored. Well came home with the book Friday evening and by Monday evening it was finished.

Had to wait til the weekend to go to the movies with hubby. I'd say the movie was pretty close to the book, a few minor changes and one substancial one near the end, but it was still ok.

Reason I suggest reading the book first is because even though the movie is 2 and half hours long, the book goes into more detail.

-Lt-

ltangel.png

Watched two movies this weekend, both ones where I was repeatedly checking the clock to see when they would be over.

The first I watched was The New World, with Colin Farell (to his credit, he actually did pretty good), among other people. This movie was horrendously boring, though it shouldn't have been. The first 20 minutes I was very, very impressed, and excited to see what would happen. It looked amazing, and it started what appeared to be an interesting story. Between 20mins-an hour it started to slow down, but was still pretty good. Then it just stopped. Scene after pointless scene, the plot completely dropped, and it just kept going and going and going and going and going and going...Until I just wanted it to end so much. But I feel you can't legitimately say a movie was bad unless you watch it all the way through. So I did. And I was so...bored...I couldn't even stand it.

The second I watched was slightly better. I watched The Producers. Now, don't get me wrong: I don't think this was a bad movie. It's just that this is the exact opposite of my tastes in movie, and I simply could NOT get into it. It had good acting, and was well choregraphed and directed as musicals go, but I just simply can't get into musicals. When it isn't in song, this is a pretty good movie. It's funny and smart, but I just can't get into the songs or anything. As they just seem to drag on. Not my taste at all.

So there was 4.5 hours of unhappy movie time this weekend. This week I will watch The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, which I hope will be good (I rented it a few weeks ago but couldn't watch it).

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Hehe, with Terence Mallick you can expect something slow, and if you're unprepared that's not always fun. Too bad Putter. :P

21o4pav.jpg