What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Watched The Chonicles of Narnia: and so on. I went in thinking it would be a cheese fest, as these type of movies tend to be. But as the movie started, I was pleasently surprised. It had good pacing, and looked like it was going places. And it kept its pase for a good 2/3, before slumping into just my fears. It started spouting those terribly cheesy lines, and coupled with some awkward scenes it lost it's pretty good qualities.

I suppose the battle was pretty good, and the children's acting was for the most part pretty good (which can often destroy movies).

Overall a decent movie, made better by cupcakes ;).

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I suppose the battle was pretty good,

really? while the rest of the movie was good (just was aimed at a different demographic than i am in) i was dissapointed in the final battle. it looks like there are the same amount of people (animals, mythical creatures ect...) on both sides. the general casually makes a comment that their numbers greatly out number ours. doesnt even give it the "oh god we are all gonna die" feeling, its like hes holding a conversation with a friend while they are sitting on a couch playing a video game. then i noticed how everything is set up. the bad guys are running up a small slope (a slope none the less) across a big open field. the good guys are hidden by huge rocks, and are on a pretty steep hill, with tons of archers on top of cliff faces. then when the battle starts, the good guys have 50 or so huge birds drop huge boulders onto the enemy, who cant even kill the birds.

it just didnt seem all that epic of a battle, if the bad side actually had a noticibly larger number, it might have been better.

but yes, overall a decent movie :P

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World - i was actually pretty suprised with this movie. it wasnt great great, like in my top movies great, it just didnt live up to what i thought it would be. i expected a movie that i would start watching, and withing five minutes figure out the rest of the movie (which has happened on great movies before, but thats beside the point), see a lot of mindless action, and generally be bored. but the story actually intrigued me, and i liked how they incorporated the galapagos islands into a lot of the story. the end wasnt anything special, but it was ok, more effort into it than most movies. thinking there is something fishy going on, i checked on imdb, and i checked the director (peter weir), who turns out to have directed the truman show. i wouldnt have connected this to the truman show, except both movies are better than you would expect. anyways, a good watch, and even family friendly.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I also watched the chronicles of narnia recently(couple days ago?)

There wasn't enough character developement(I did read the book, I remember most of it even though it was like 8 years ago) It was late/early in the night/morning(about 11-30 to whenever it finshed, 1?) so some of it was really funny. Such as towards the end when the battle was starting, and the little girl looks at the lion and says something like, "They're in trouble, we must help them" while quickly unsheathing her sword on pointing it at the lion. It was a very wth moment. I thought that it was a bad movie, not horrible, just bad

I'm going to see Narnia today, as it got it's DVD release here in Holland today.

And I'm in the middle of "Titanic". The '97 version with Leo and Kate. It's quite entertaining so far, I don't see why everybody is so negative about it.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

The Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - Well, that was poor, very poor. So poor, that is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It was slow, childish, clicḫ̩̉̉. It had annoying characters, played by annoying actors. Not to mention that fluorite battle at the end. And, no blood in Narnia? Well, I can be very short about this: It just had an overal lack of inspiration. An aweful product. A waste of celluloid.

21o4pav.jpg

Titanic - The James Cameron version of '97. I don't see why everybody is complaining so much about it, probably because 'everybody' is doing it. I didn't think it was that bad, to be honest I thought it was quite good. 7.5/10

21o4pav.jpg

Saw II

OK, some advice from a wise man such as me :wink:

DONT watch it byyourself home alone at 4am in the darn morning ok? i had all the lights on in the house and was still cringin like a baby, god i hate scary movies.. :lol:

The twist at the end was incredible, very nicely done.

anyway...5:45am now...i havnt slept and its easter, YEY ...i devoured my celebratory egg during the movie though :( Im planning on a special outting to McDonalds in bout half an hour or something...i live very close to maccaz....

yeh...hope u enjoyed my story..ova n out

NumaNuma Fan | WoW > Rs

V for Vendetta. Great piece, but had little too much violence. This movie really impressed me, maby the best movies I have ever seen. I would rate this movie 9ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâý/10.

Watched Rain Man last night. Incredible acting on both parts, Cruise doesn't get enough credit for this I don't think (since he's obviously overshadowed by Hoffman), but this may be his best performance (maybe his best movie aswell, though I liked Collateral). Excellent all around, good writing dialogue-wise and otherwise. Good time.

This week: Cool Hand Luke, and later in the week, Raging Bull (finally). Then we'll have to wait and see what comes on the weekend.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Tokyo Monogatari - There are not so many things that are better than a night wiht Ozu. Amazing. MUST SEE! 9/10

The Killing - Third feature length movie by Stanley Kubrick, had the chance to see it in cinema, so I took a train and traveled 50 minutes all alone to see it! And it was worth it! Damn good 'perfect-crime' story, about a bunch of guys going to rob the race track. Pretty ingenious, and again typical Kubrick, not as defining with the camera (though you can deff. see some influence on his later movies) but this time trough narration, it manages to keep this very business like cold distance to the characters. Must see for Kubrick fans and fans of the young nouvelle violence

21o4pav.jpg

Hooligans - The Greenstreet ones, with our Hobbit friend Elijah Wood. It sucked, it was bad. It had NOTHING. 3/10

21o4pav.jpg

Paths of Glory - definently not kubricks best movie, but that doesnt mean anything since all of his movies are awesome. this one is short at only 1 hour 26 minutes, with a lot of the time just following people, so it may not seem like it has all that much to it. it does have a lot to it, as well as a good message (basically, war sucks, and so do many people), which is a lot less subtle than in his other movies. if you like war movies, and there is even a court scene for people who like that, then this would be a good movie to see. it kind of reminded me about "a few good men", but the stories are different enough for you to tell that a few good men didnt copy this movie. i really paid attention to this movie because i have to write a 3 page paper over it (movie of my choice dealing with history of the US), and i can say that the over all quality of the movie is great. there is one "jump" for lack of a better word with the camera, and the only actor i didnt think was good was the prosecuting lawyer. and i dont know if it was the actor, or if the court scene needed to be shortened and his part could be shortened easiest. anyways, id recommend this movie to anyone who likes old war movies especially, and anyone who likes kubrick will appreciate it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Wide Awake-I thought this movie was fantastic, i honestly cried several times during this movie it just hit a nerve at certain points & i completely understand what hes talking about when he says the magic and excitement of toys that he use to enjoy disapeared as he grew older & all he saw was plastic and paint, as i went throught that phase about 5 years ago myself ;)

I'd seriously give it 8/10, i loved it.

NumaNuma Fan | WoW > Rs

Rent and watched Be Cool with a friend.

Definitely not the movie you would want to see. My friend and I, well, lets just say our eyes were closed for 2 hours of the time the movie was playing. Boring, just boring, and not even funny.

Also watched Mr&Mrs Smith.

It was ok. I actually really liked it until the whole "backstabbing" from the former group of John Smith(Brad Pitt) started. Then it got slow, and it wasn't as interesting as the previous of the movie. Ending was a little weak too, but I'd give the movie a B+.

94magesigid1.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=525348 - My Pking Gallery

I'M BACK FOR SUMMER BABY

scary movie 4 very good nearly peed pants with laughter still 1st will always best

saw 1 and 2 yes i did the same as most people and watched it at 2 in morning with a few mates wow scary shizzle right there peeps

mr0solitaire.png

Currently playing... WoW - C:SS

Taking a huge break from rs.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ar&n=Nelaz

Watched the movie "Stay". Had never heard of it before, but it had some good actors (Ewan McGregor(sp), Ryan Gosling, Naomi Watts), and the synopsis sounded kinda cool. Not only was it an amazing guess, it was one of the best new (2005-2006) movies I've seen in the past year.

At first it seems to be pretty standard fair, but you'll notice that the direction has an original feel, which is explored throughout the movie and becomes more and more important. This goes right along with astounding editing and very good cinematography. The story starts out like the rest, but it, too, picks up, and by the last half hour I was glued to the screen. It started tripping out, and every thing (acting, directing, story) was working perfectly together to make you feel in the movie. It was incredible, and you just had to see how it ends up. And how it ends up is amazing too. The movie is about the ride and the destination. An incredible movie, I'd highly suggest it to anyone with any attention span whatsoever, and an open mind.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

The Sentinel Watched this earlier today with some friends. It was an ok movie, nothing good but nothing great. It's alot like the other Michael Douglass films that I've seen(I can't remember for the life of me what it's called, but it's about a sexual harrassment lawsuit against him) His role doesn't change much(like in Basic instinct and The Game). If you want to see a half-way decent thriller, then this is for you.

6/10

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest I ended up watching this movie in two parts, before and after watching The Sentinal. This didn't stop the climactic ending of the movie to be freaking awesome. There was no foreshadowing(that I could see) that gave a hint to it's coming. This in turn with the great acting from Jack Nicholson and the rest of the cast gives is a 9/10.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest I ended up watching this movie in two parts, before and after watching The Sentinal. This didn't stop the climactic ending of the movie to be freaking awesome. There was no foreshadowing(that I could see) that gave a hint to it's coming. This in turn with the great acting from Jack Nicholson and the rest of the cast gives is a 9/10.

Ya that is a very good movie.

saw 1 and 2 yes i did the same as most people and watched it at 2 in morning with a few mates wow scary shizzle right there peeps

LOL ...ahh the memories.

NumaNuma Fan | WoW > Rs

Bullitt - One of the first in it's genre. An instant classic, also thanks to the greatest car chase ever and a great jazzy soundtrack. Must see, also if you don't like crime-thrillers. 8/10

21o4pav.jpg

Ya that is a very good movie.

LOL ...ahh the memories.

yes vey good memories jigsaw is awsome horror villian

mr0solitaire.png

Currently playing... WoW - C:SS

Taking a huge break from rs.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ar&n=Nelaz