Cigarettes

Powman3

My grandad died of lung and throat cancer 40 years AFTER he stopped smoking, personally I don't think it is a coincidence.

I don't quite understand what your point is here.

My point was what was against the person who I quoted just above that line

I think it is daft to smoke but if you want to do it go for it, I am not going to stop you.

Good thing too Mr. health police.

Did you really need to say that?

Quick question though, WITHOUT looking on the net or a packet of cigarettes do you know everything in the cigarettes and in the paper? I bet most, if not all, of you don't have a clue.

[cabbage]-ton of chemicals that will kill me, but not instantly. There are regulations for that sort of thing ;)

I highly doubt that they have a regluations for making something that kills you, that would be like only allowing a certain make of gun to kill you at the hands of a firing squad.

I find it wierd that your willing to put all these chemicals, some of which you don't even know are in them in to your body but I bet if I walked up to you with a glass of liquid and said drink that it will do everything cigarettes do but more you would want to know whats in it.

Really? You find that weird? :|

Everyone understands that cigarettes are harmful to your health over the long run. However, a random drink full of chemicals a stranger tells you to drink could very well be deadly to you in the short-term.

I wouldn't have said it otherwise. :wall:

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No good comes from smoking. Sorry to mention RS in here, but "Smoking Kills." ;) :thumbdown:

as a nonesmoker, I beg to differ; relaxed mood and coolness

A friend to all is a friend to none.

No good comes from smoking. Sorry to mention RS in here, but "Smoking Kills." ;) :thumbdown:

as a nonesmoker, I beg to differ; relaxed mood and coolness

Which can be achieved in other ways but as usual it is all down to speed and ease.

perfetc_666.png

Were did you get your level 3 light motor vehicle from? I got mine at college. :wall:

A fully working catalytic converter will neutralize the vast majority of harmful gas out of the car's exhaust, you would have to sit there for a good few hours just to have a very small effect on you, even then that is unlikely that it would kill you.

There is NO carbon monoxide, the catalytic converter oxidizes it to make carbon dioxide.

All of the people that say that the media make things sound worse then they are, it applies to this aswell cars arn't doing that much damage to the o zone layer and we don't have a massive amount of co2 in the air, it's about 0.03%.

Any body who has read the general book of ignorance should know this.

As of March 2009, carbon dioxide in the Earth's atmosphere is at a concentration of 387 ppm by volume.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide)

Is that's what in these new cars nowadays?

Cause ya see, not everyone can afford a fancy new car. Most people drive older vehicles, ones that yes, can kill you.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

Were did you get your level 3 light motor vehicle from? I got mine at college. :wall:

A fully working catalytic converter will neutralize the vast majority of harmful gas out of the car's exhaust, you would have to sit there for a good few hours just to have a very small effect on you, even then that is unlikely that it would kill you.

There is NO carbon monoxide, the catalytic converter oxidizes it to make carbon dioxide.

All of the people that say that the media make things sound worse then they are, it applies to this aswell cars arn't doing that much damage to the o zone layer and we don't have a massive amount of co2 in the air, it's about 0.03%.

Any body who has read the general book of ignorance should know this.

As of March 2009, carbon dioxide in the Earth's atmosphere is at a concentration of 387 ppm by volume.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide)

Is that's what in these new cars nowadays?

Cause ya see, not everyone can afford a fancy new car. Most people drive older vehicles, ones that yes, can kill you.

I can't speak for other countries but in the u.k if you have an old banger you can take it to be scrapped and the goverment give you 2k to get a newer car so the amount of bangers in the u.k is tiny and ALL modern cars have cats on.

Cat = catalytic converter, just incase no body knew.

perfetc_666.png

It has been proven that tobacco has a greater physical harm than marijuana, LSD,and MDMA(ecstasty). Anways I don't smoke ciggarettes, I hate them.

A friend of mine took an ecstasy cocktail at a rave and died.

I've been smoking for 3 years, i'm still alive and kicking.

Wheres the logic in that?

Although I'm pretty sure Weed is less dangerous than tobacco.

EDIT: If you meant long term, then that could be right, but I was thinking short term :)

he died of MDMA? What was in this cocktail? I call [cabbage].

As for me, I roll ciggies, Belgam 20 is the way to go ::' .

I [cabbage] you not my friend.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... quest.html

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/ ... 3737640.jp

Etc.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

I can't stand the smell of tobbacco -.- Most people who smoke don't realize it's PHYSICALLY harmful to those around them. The smell is gross, and they don't even think about second-hand smoke, which can be just as lethal as smoking itself.

It really ticks me off when I see adults drinking/smoking... The only thing more stupid than the people who drink/smoke is the evil people who create tobacco. Beer brewers aren't evil imo, but they have the worst commercial with the same message.

DRINK MY BEER AND GET ALL THE LADIES YOU WANT!

Rip caps lock for Billy Mays. :cry:

There are three sides to any argument: your side, my side and the right side.

RS BILLYMAYS.png

I can't stand the smell of tobbacco -.- Most people who smoke don't realize it's PHYSICALLY harmful to those around them. The smell is gross, and they don't even think about second-hand smoke, which can be just as lethal as smoking itself.

It really ticks me off when I see adults drinking/smoking... The only thing more stupid than the people who drink/smoke is the evil people who create tobacco. Beer brewers aren't evil imo, but they have the worst commercial with the same message.

I'll say it again, I would be more worried by C02 and other invisible toxic gases in the air than some smoke. Especially if you live in a large city like Los Angeles. The smog is with you 90% of the year. Smokers? At most a couple of minutes a day, as for me, a year and a half.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I think they do, they just don't care; I mean I know the harm but if my friend smokes I'm not gonna leave him outside by himself whilst he has a smoke, I'll come out and if I breathe his second hand smoke then so be it.

Are you calling smokers and drinkers stupid?? I beg to differ some of the most intelligent men/women in the world like to smoke and drink for their relaxation.

Finally I believe beer commercials are one of the funniest/best in the world. Peter Kay - No nonsense comes to mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2keX3felmQ

edit: Budweiser's Respect video:

A friend to all is a friend to none.

I think they do, they just don't care; I mean I know the harm but if my friend smokes I'm not gonna leave him outside by himself whilst he has a smoke, I'll come out and if I breathe his second hand smoke then so be it.

Are you calling smokers and drinkers stupid?? I beg to differ some of the most intelligent men/women in the world like to smoke and drink for their relaxation.

Finally I believe beer commercials are one of the funniest/best in the world. Peter Kay - No nonsense comes to mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2keX3felmQ

edit: Budweiser's Respect video:

(paints bulls eye on face)

I think there stupid.

Every person at some point and to some degree does something stupid, this generation seem to abuse that fact but it's there own fault when something does happen to them.

Every body knows what can happen when you/they drink or smoke so they can't really complain when it does happen, if you punch a wall and brake your hand then you deserve to have a broken hand.

perfetc_666.png

I think there stupid.

I lol'd, spell check when calling people dumb. :thumbup:

Good god you sound stuck-up dude. I'll agree it smells nasty, which is why I don't smoke around my GF. I mean dude, Mother Nature created tabacco, I don't exactly see her as evil. Most tabacco farms have been around almost as long as the US itself, they helped found this nation, and they aren't growing tobacco just to kill people. Also, bruh, second hand can NOT be as deadly as straight inhalation, you'd have to literally be in a room FULL of smoke for atleast about a half-an-hour to equal a cigarette.

I heard second hand smoke was more dangerous then ... would it be first hand smoke? Or mabye Health Canada lied. Which is likely.

The avarage smoker smokes a pack a day, from what I've heard... Your avarage pack (at least where I work) sells for about $8.50 each. Thats $3000 a year or so in tabaco.

I may have sounded extremly ignorant when I said "The avarage smoker". This is things I learnt in school, mainly, so I'm likely wrong. Either way, it's expensive.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's makes so sense. 100% of the smoke is going to go into your lungs if you smoke. When you puff it out, it gets dispersed in the air and you (second-hander) aren't going to inhale the same 100%, but less.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

That's makes so sense. 100% of the smoke is going to go into your lungs if you smoke. When you puff it out, it gets dispersed in the air and you (second-hander) aren't going to inhale the same 100%, but less.

It's debated. But the argument for it is that the cigarette has a filter on the end so that when a smoker inhales, the some of the toxins are filtered out before entering the smoker's lungs. However, if you are sitting next to the smoker, you don't have the luxury of a filter. When you inhale the smoke, you inhale all the toxins into your lungs.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

It's debated. But the argument for it is that the cigarette has a filter on the end so that when a smoker inhales, the some of the toxins are filtered out before entering the smoker's lungs. However, if you are sitting next to the smoker, you don't have the luxury of a filter. When you inhale the smoke, you inhale all the toxins into your lungs.

Thats why i avoid smokers and ALWAYS cough loudly when somebody light a cigarette, they might think i have lung problem and dont light one

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I think there stupid.

I lol'd, spell check when calling people dumb. :thumbup:

Good god you sound stuck-up dude. I'll agree it smells nasty, which is why I don't smoke around my GF. I mean dude, Mother Nature created tabacco, I don't exactly see her as evil. Most tabacco farms have been around almost as long as the US itself, they helped found this nation, and they aren't growing tobacco just to kill people. Also, bruh, second hand can NOT be as deadly as straight inhalation, you'd have to literally be in a room FULL of smoke for atleast about a half-an-hour to equal a cigarette.

Dude and bruh .... really .... :roll:

I don't have word so spell check is impossable, I always put there cos it is just a simple grammatical mistake, it isn't spelt wrong I am just using it in the wrong context.

Mother nature is pure evil, viruses, earthquakes, volcanoes, bacteria, poison, floods, global warming, dieses, tornadoes, tsunamis, tidal waves and more are all down to mother nature

perfetc_666.png

Point taken.

But you don't constantly breathe second hand smoke. You can leave the room or ask them not to smoke.

siggy3s.jpg

Evil Tobacco companies? I don't see any evil in manufacturing products for people who are knowingly and accepting putting their health at risk by using them.

The smoker smokes through the filter, and exhales excess smoke to their surroundings. The smoke being exhaled has been through two filters, the cigarette filter and the smoker's lungs. And if you're talking about the smoke coming off the end of a cigarette, it's minimal compared to the amount being exhaled.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

The smoker smokes through the filter, and exhales excess smoke to their surroundings. The smoke being exhaled has been through two filters, the cigarette filter and the smoker's lungs. And if you're talking about the smoke coming off the end of a cigarette, it's minimal compared to the amount being exhaled.

Like I said, it's debated by scientists. Sort of a 'depends on who you ask' fact.

If second-hand smoke was (almost) as bad as smoking a cigarette, it would be possible to get addicted to cigarettes just by being around other smokers. However, I've never seen anyone running to bars so they can be around smokers and get their fix, so that argument seems pretty invalid.

If second-hand smoke was (almost) as bad as smoking a cigarette, it would be possible to get addicted to cigarettes just by being around other smokers. However, I've never seen anyone running to bars so they can be around smokers and get their fix, so that argument seems pretty invalid.

Not really. Nicotine is the addictive substance in cigarettes.

Which is in the smoke.

Which is in the smoke.

You're right. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 123937.htm