11th August 2009 - RuneScape Machinima Competition

Pie Naple

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New playlist! (And mine is still nowhere to be seen...be it known Jagex that if mine isn't up by midnight tomorrow I will KICK A PUPPY - k?)

My highlights and lowlights:

made me laugh...probably the best non-duplicate on this set.

I'm surprised

idea wasn't used more...it's really not a great video but it's solid.

Another idea I'm surprised there haven't been more of - the video's not the best though.

I will either kill or woship this person. I'm still not sure.

Thoughts?

NO MERCH - NO PEST CONTROL - NO SOUL WARS

Lowest combat (only sub-90) on the TIF high scores list

mr_ph3r.png

8inagility.jpg

mr_ph3r.png

made me laugh...probably the best non-duplicate on this set.

Sort of a straight rip-off of Slumdog Millionaire ... but nice idea. 8-)

I'm surprised

I thought it was a pretty decent video. As far as originality and entertainment, it's one of the best ones I've seen. Could very easily get picked as top 5.

I'm surprised

I thought it was a pretty decent video. As far as originality and entertainment, it's one of the best ones I've seen. Could very easily get picked as top 5.

Actually quite a nice one, took a while to get into it though which is why it may get overlooked, still waiting for mine to get onto the playlist.

Still for me yours or Arrow_guns are the most entertaining still think the montage wasn't the way to go though, although you wouldn't have go to the video cut to time constraints etc without that, still has your style stamped on it, can see that you're bronze dagger one had an impact since there where 2 entrys imitating it and the energy drink one was still an infomercial 8-)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Competition Update Time - We've finished going through all the entries and have started making shortlists for those who will get through? to the next round. We have over one thousand videos to pick from so that's going to be a tough one, with all the Mods involved having personal favorites that they want to see win.

A reminder that the list of the Final Five will be posted on on RuneScape.Com for people to vote on first, with the playlists of the entries going up here.

Mod Ajd

Sucks because mine didnt even go on the playlists and I spent alot of time on mine.

I've watched the first five playlists in their entirety. Still trying to get through the last few.

There are at least 30 videos that I would be okay with pushing me down out of the shortlist. I fear that I'm going to be hurt by the fact that I wasn't the only person who parodied Weird Al, and that other video just happened to show up within TEN videos of mine on the playlist. (MIne was better though ;) )

Since I'm really not a fan of the story videos and find a lot of them too similar, my final five (or more) has more of the other types of videos:

I'm liking Evil Yakuza, D00m100,

, and then on the next tier Den and

Honorable mentions to

, minerme77,
(because I have an irrational love of stop motion), and I can't find the other ones I liked a lot.

And then there's this, which I'm not sure whether it's so bad it's good, or it's actually somewhat good, or I'm just stupid. XD

Best of luck to peoples!

NO MERCH - NO PEST CONTROL - NO SOUL WARS

Lowest combat (only sub-90) on the TIF high scores list

mr_ph3r.png

8inagility.jpg

mr_ph3r.png

Didn't make the playlist because it didnt have "Machinima Competition" in the titles which I edited out at a later stage because it was too long lol better luck next time :wall: :wall: :wall:

Was hoping to make others after this but I'm deflated lol

Out of all the ones I've watched I think this is my favourite.

Didn't make the playlist because it didnt have "Machinima Competition" in the titles which I edited out at a later stage because it was too long lol better luck next time :wall: :wall: :wall:

That sucks :/ unlucky.

I love that one too! Even helped with the 30 man synchronization at the end. ::' The full version can be seen

I think he had to keep cutting it because Jagex wouldn't accept the original time length.

I wonder how long it will be until the poll is up.

I love that one too! Even helped with the 30 man synchronization at the end. ::' The full version can be seen

I think he had to keep cutting it because Jagex wouldn't accept the original time length.

I wonder how long it will be until the poll is up.

Thought it was a rip off of this song

Then i realised it was the same guy :XD:

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

The poll is now up

I voted for Arrow-gun99 as it can be viewed in any language no dialogue nice story, really nice effects, well composed good use of camera angles etc.

same, it's also a lot more original etc etc. but however everyone knows excl will win, which can be contributed to the "kick mmg in the balls" line most likely

The poll is now up

I voted for Arrow-gun99 as it can be viewed in any language no dialogue nice story, really nice effects, well composed good use of camera angles etc.

same, it's also a lot more original etc etc. but however everyone knows excl will win, which can be contributed to the "kick mmg in the balls" line most likely

Excls is very good, but it's a montage of older videos, that's why arrow gun just wins on originality for me.

Not bashing Excl at all but his fan base is much greater so I have no doubt he'll win, he's a great guy in his CC and I'm just talking about the videos it for me is Arrow_gun99

Very tough decision. Some pretty good videos there, and when it came down to ones I wanted to vote for it was still down to four of them. In the end I ruled out the mithril sword one (with difficulty) as the end just sort of tapers off and the video ideas one because I'm sure Excl has a large enough fanbase that missing a vote isn't going to hurt him more than it will the others. That left me down to the Irish dancing one and the TV one... finally decided to go for the Irish dancing one as it's very well choreographed and actually looks pretty realistic. Still all good videos though.

Creativity and originality, and those are the six they came up with?

Just checking, making sure I'm awake.

Yes some wouldn't have made my final 5 I think they went with one of each genre.

Mine got nicely declined for not having Machinima Comp rendered in the video which i'm not happy about.

I'm a very sore loser indeed, but I didn't even participate so therefore I am a very sore non-contender lol