11th August 2009 - RuneScape Machinima Competition

Pie Naple

You can't be hit by chickens, their max hit is 0. That is if I remember correctly.

They can hit 1, but rarely.

Due to their stats, I think you need consistent 0 stats to be hit by them.

Im starting to wonder if my entry made it in.

Its been about 5 days since I sent it and still nothing to be seen in the playlist.

Has the finalist playlist even been populated yet?

I see 3 playlists (2 with 200, 1 with 109) which may be just the entries so far, but unsure why your video isn't being shown, perhaps they still have to sort through, since those playlists could just be the entries so far.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im starting to wonder if my entry made it in.

Its been about 5 days since I sent it and still nothing to be seen in the playlist.

Den - there's no reason why it wouldn't get onto the playlist. I've seen some...awful things on it. Yours would be one of the better ones, obviously. And the one with 70k+ views, that was uploaded over a year ago is even on the playlist. That contains bad language and more... :roll:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

1)

or

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBdGlJr_RHs

Which ever is preferred i'll submit before people say amg under 2 mins, sosolid2k entry is 2 mins 26 and has been accepted.

Second one is private

mmm... deja-vu

EDIT: LOL! first one was great, the police persecucion parody made me laugh :P but I didn't get the end...

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

1)

or

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBdGlJr_RHs

Which ever is preferred i'll submit before people say amg under 2 mins, sosolid2k entry is 2 mins 26 and has been accepted.

The guards one was funny. I want to see the other one, though. Also, it's funny to see all the foot fetish material under the "related videos" section. \'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Didn't really like the voice acting in the guard one; they seemed kind of boring. There were a few spots that I didn't quite understand, like the soap part. If it's some well known joke don't flame me.

27wu54o.jpg

Real men get 99 str on cows 8-).

Didn't really like the voice acting in the guard one; they seemed kind of boring. There were a few spots that I didn't quite understand, like the soap part. If it's some well known joke don't flame me.

Quite sure it was just based on the common joke of dropping the soap in a prison, as he was dressed in stripes. I'm sure you know that one. :thumbup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

The newest video just posted on the playlist was uploaded on the 18th of August.

Looks like they're getting videos uploaded at about 2/3 of the speed that they're sent in.

NO MERCH - NO PEST CONTROL - NO SOUL WARS

Lowest combat (only sub-90) on the TIF high scores list

mr_ph3r.png

8inagility.jpg

mr_ph3r.png

Now they are adding ones from the date after I sent mine. :ohnoes:

Havent gotten any notice from them about it either.

Just entered mine, we'll see hope to see yours on the playlist soon! :D

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I don't know if it's Youtube's problem or Jagex's, but it's just excruciating waiting for your video to go up, haha.

In the meantime, I've been looking at the other videos already up; just got through the first two playlists (and somehow escaped with my life).

Sound of Skilling's been mentioned several times already, so I don't have to go into that one too much. (Could have been so much better, for sure, but then that's true of almost anything...)

Cheese is probably my favorite out of the 'storytelling' ones, although I doubt it could amass enough votes to win.

Other than mine, of course :roll: ,

is probably the best-made music video, although I know Jagex specifically said that editing was not going to be a criterion.

I'm wondering if anybody knows how much Jagex is going to emphasize the video itself in judging - my idea was based on the song that I wrote for the video and not so much based on the footage that I took...

mr_ph3r.png

8inagility.jpg

mr_ph3r.png

I think they're looking for creativity and potential to be honest with you, they shortlist it then the winner is the one with the biggest fanbase after that tbh.

That's why I hope the big names like Excl are left out, but his video was just too good for that. :(

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I think they're looking for creativity and potential to be honest with you, they shortlist it then the winner is the one with the biggest fanbase after that tbh.

That's why I hope the big names like Excl are left out, but his video was just too good for that. :(

I really didn't rate his video that highly, lots of people made a "what should i do for machinima comp vid" it was an overused vid idea infact, if was a mixture of that and a collaberation of his old ideas, with one new idea which was kicking mod mmg.

There were better entrys than Excls imo such as Arrow Guns, or the Cheese on as somebody mentioned, sound of skilling is boring after 20-30 seconds for me, Excl has the fanbase to win the competition however.

The issue overall with the storytelling ones is that there really -aren't- that many things you can do in two minutes inside the game.

Hence, we got people who actually had the same original idea - I think Jagex might end up tuning out most of the straight stories because a lot of them are so similar.

That's why I keep coming back to Cheese as my runaway favorite from that bunch - the rest don't stand out so well.

This could help out the less conventional entries - I doubt a PK vid or a first-person narrative is going to crack the top five.

It would have been nice to know that they would have stretched to 2:30 just fine beforehand, though - I could have made my song 25% longer :P

EDIT: Wow, I had a dash in every single sentence except the first!

mr_ph3r.png

8inagility.jpg

mr_ph3r.png

So yea, I decided to join the competition as well. Not expecting to win though :> Made this video in like 3 hours xD

Will probably be HD soon, after youtube has processed it fully.

Krampell the sell-out ;) anyway nice idea tbh simple and works and that ball generates some power, it must be flubber :thumbsup:

So yea, I decided to join the competition as well. Not expecting to win though :> Made this video in like 3 hours xD

Is that SimSpeak? Or whatever gibberish the people from The Sims speak in?

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Yea it is :oops:

Yea it is :oops:

Now that you mention that, it sounds a lot like the sims :shock:

S2buxtG.png

http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=2149

Its been two weeks since we launched the RuneScape machinima competition and weve watched around 700 entries so far! The deadline to submit videos is at midnight tonight (23:59 BST), so theres still a little time left to put the finishing touches to your films and enter them into the competition.

Once the deadline passes, well spend the next week getting the remaining entries added to the youtube.com/runescape channel. Following this, Jagexs judges will make a shortlist of their top five films, then, in the first week of September, well be running a player poll on the RuneScape website. The RuneScape community can choose their favourite from those final five, which will determine the overall winner.

Wed like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support, their messages and, of course, their videos. We knew that there were some really talented players out there, but had no idea there were quite so many! Finally, wed also like to thank entrants for their patience as, due to the scale of the response, it is taking us slightly longer than anticipated to add all entries to the channel. Dont worry, they will all be added, so the thousands who have subscribed to the channel will be able to view them all.

Mod Paul M

Community Management

Notified via my Twitter bot! http://twitter.com/RuneScapeRSS \'