special skill for lvl 99's

nazgul466

(non trolling)

ive been looking at how high lvled player are fed up with no new high level skills

well, how about a special skill availble for achieving level 99? aswell as the emotion.

examples:

stregnth 99: able to hold a 2h sword in one hand

defence 99: 'tank' ability no damage to you for 10 seconds

agility 99: extra 50 run energy

mining 99: 2 ores in one rock

:!: please come through with what you think

this could add more thrill and more potential to the game, with people trying harder for the 99 \'

As I told you earlier, all suggestions belong in their appropriate forum, Bugs & Suggestions. If you wish to discuss higher level content you may do so in the thread "End Level Content," found in General Discussion. Please do not create another thread in General Discussion about these topics. I am not trying to be distasteful or belligerent, as I see you do want discussion, but they must be categorized.

I am moving this to Bugs & Suggestions.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

And this belongs in Bugs and Suggestions.

Off topic: Wannabe mods spamming the forum are a pain in the hinder parts.

On topic: It seems to me that there is sufficient incentive to train to 99 (at least for most skills). 99 hunting is a huge part of the game already.

punitivedsig.png

And this belongs in Bugs and Suggestions.

Off topic: Wannabe mods spamming the forum are a pain in the hinder parts.

On topic: It seems to me that there is sufficient incentive to train to 99 (at least for most skills). 99 hunting is a huge part of the game already.

So someone can't remind some other people to follow the rules without being flamed by "anti-wannabe mods"?

Go back to your beloved RSOF and troll there then.

The idea itself isn't too bad, but I think there was a thread on the first/second page of the suggestions forum about this, so you should go there and post your ideas instead of making a new thread.

1 handed godsword!!!

Well, it might make the jump from 98 - 99 a little to high. I think the 99 reward is SLIGHTLY better than 98, and a skill cape. Something like your suggestions would make 99 leaps and bounds better than 98, and that just shouldnt be.

Agreed with this.

It'll just make people rush for 99 like skillcapes. There shouldn't be such a HUGE improvement from 98-99. With a few million xp by grinding, you've officially gained a new shield slot. About +50-60 more for all defensive stats? Overpowered much?

No support from me for two reasons:

1. Your ideas are overpowered, and as people have said, 99 should not be lightyears more useful than 98. Find a way to give only a slight extra boost, like, say, at 99 Hit Points you naturally restore hp 1.5x faster than usual. Not a HUGE gain, but slight and helpful.

and 2. Your idea is incomplete. One of the most annoying things to me is reading other people's suggestions only to find out they haven't thought it through. No, I'm sorry, I came here to read your suggestion, not to help you complete one with my imput. Give me the boosts for all 24 Level 99 skills and then we can start somewhere.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Wow, that would unbalance the game rediculously (no support for that reason)

Godsword + DFS = PWN?

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

1. Your ideas are overpowered, and as people have said, 99 should not be lightyears more useful than 98. Find a way to give only a slight extra boost, like, say, at 99 Hit Points you naturally restore hp 1.5x faster than usual. Not a HUGE gain, but slight and helpful.

and 2. Your idea is incomplete. One of the most annoying things to me is reading other people's suggestions only to find out they haven't thought it through. No, I'm sorry, I came here to read your suggestion, not to help you complete one with my imput. Give me the boosts for all 24 Level 99 skills and then we can start somewhere.

Why? The concept is more important. And it's there: give 99's an extra feature. The examples are not relevant. I'm sure Jagex can come up with something that keeps the game balanced.

Why? The concept is more important. And it's there: give 99's an extra feature. The examples are not relevant. I'm sure Jagex can come up with something that keeps the game balanced.

Because the vague suggestion of "Give 99s an extra feature," doesn't really leave us anywhere. If all he wanted was to suggest that, then why waste the time here? Just post it on the RSOF, or don't bother giving examples at all. But the thing is, the examples are very, very relevant. Without him creating examples for every skill, we have no idea what he is really suggesting.

If you leave Jagex to come up with everything, without showing them what we really want in detail, we're just going to keep getting the crap updates we've been getting. True, they won't take ideas and carbon copy them into the game, but if you give them a firm base of suggestion then they have something to work with and think about.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

There's no shame in leaving stuff open. The concept of extra features for lvl 99's doesn't exist up till now. And the topic starter gave some general ideas to show what he was talking about. There's no use in focusing about overpowered examples. Examples are used for clarification. And to me, this is a pretty clear suggestion.

Give 99's an extra feature, besides the usual extra monster to kill, extra herb to grow, or potion to make. Like extra run energy for 99 agility. Simple to understand. And a novel idea :thumbup:

There's no shame in leaving stuff open. The concept of extra features for lvl 99's doesn't exist up till now. And the topic starter gave some general ideas to show what he was talking about. There's no use in focusing about overpowered examples. Examples are used for clarification. And to me, this is a pretty clear suggestion.

Give 99's an extra feature, besides the usual extra monster to kill, extra herb to grow, or potion to make. Like extra run energy for 99 agility. Simple to understand. And a novel idea :thumbup:

Look - it's a SUGGESTION, not a rant/general discussion topic.

Suggestions have to cover everything completely, unlike rants/general discussion topics.

Oh, I'm sorry, didn't know you make the rules for suggestions.

I didn't make it, apparently you edited them.

Go read the suggestions forum guidelines first.

EDIT: Just found that there weren't any suggestions forum guidelines. All the same, incomplete threads shouldn't be accepted.

I still agree with Quelmotz. Even if there aren't guidelines for these forums, there should be. It's the reason we keep getting crap suggestions.

I may as well go create a thread that's titled, "New Potions," and inside the only text reads, "I suggest we get new potions for level 75 and 76 called Super Ranged and Super Magic Pots. These will boost your ranged and magic levels by 20% for ranged and +10 for magic. Anyone support?"

How lame and what a waste of time to read. If you have a suggestion THAT simple that cannot possibly be elborated on more than that, just don't post it. It's really not of quality enough to post here and get a rally of tifers to agree with it. Just post it in the RSOF and have Jagex see it.

However, this is an idea that CAN be elaborated on, but the original poster just got lazy or unimaginative and decided to leave it open, which I find to be insulting. You want me to come here and help to create your original idea? No. If you give me specfics in detail then I will give constructive criticism, but I don't want to come here and start giving you effects for skill cape ideas. That's your job. I am here to help support your idea, which I very well won't do if you don't give me enough information or incentive to do so.

/inbeforebaukeretort

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

I like the "idea," as well. I just don't like his lack of detail within his suggestion.

And anyway, it's not like this hasn't been suggested before. This exact same suggestion comes up every month or so, and most people before this guy gave examples for all skills, not just a simple few. It's like saying, "Jagex, fix ! I don't really know HOW you'll fix it, but do it now!"

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png