Marvel = RIP?

@Dan3HitU

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I'm concerned, the only real Marvel was back in the day. Whatever happens in the future doesn't effect the past at all.

I did watch The Spectacular Spiderman on the Disney Channel once. It's weird. They have a high school scene, Peter gets into some drama with chicks liking him, it's exactly like freaking High School Musical, then he leaves school, fights some bad guys and the action is actually quite surprising, being on the Disney Channel that is. It's like two totally different shows in one. (Or just one anime...)

On the other hand KH3 could be even more awesome now...

Ooo, good point. =P~ It better be, because I hated the second one.

While I don't like the Disney company, I don't really see a problem with this. It was already a large corporation, now another larger corporation owns them. Not really seeing much of a difference. Hopefully this will allow more funding for superhero movies.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Probably just so they can make movies without having to develop any new ideas.

Sounds like a regular Disney movie then.

They had some original ones back in the 90's, like Toy Story. But now they are just... yeah.

Ugh.. I heard about this earlier today. It will all depend on whether Disney puts their two-cents into all of the Marvel movies or if they just milk them for all the profits. We'll see where this goes. -.-

Anywho, heard the purchase was for a cool 4 billion.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

disney started going down hill after they finished with gargoyles. Was ultimate avengers dc or marvel? if it was marvel i hope that it doesn't effect how the movie is going to look. I hope they don't get really stupid and do a spider man 4 but use an entirly different cast and don't put carnage as the villain.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I doubt it would spell disaster, Disney did great things with Pixar and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Marvel.

I dunno why, but the first thing that came to mind when I read this was "Hulk Lightyear." :?

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I hate it, I guess they are going to release a movie of Hanna Montanna where she gets rescue by Captain America???

This one fan is right.

"Can you imagine?" wrote one member at the online discussion forum Toonzone.

"In the theatre, the Disney logo flashes by on the screen, followed by the Marvel logo, followed by a bloody skull with 'The Punisher 2' emblazoned on it."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09012009/bu ... 187520.htm

I think alot of people are over-reacting.

Most of the 90's cartoons are owned by disney and have been long before this deal - I know the 90's spiderman show was owned by disney. Maybe we can now get dvd sets.

I'm concerned about what Disney will do with Marvel Max (Mature reading) titles with characters like punisher.

Disney owns or did own ABC and let them keep creative freedom so I dont see them mucking about with marvel too much.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I think this digg comment said it pretty well:

Disney owns Miramax, which made everything from Kill Bill to No Country for Old Men. I think Marvel will do fine keeping its movies the way they want them.

Disney will probably mostly not bother it too much. Although I think the chance of an R-rated movie is definitely out now. It wasn't too possible anyways.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The problem is with superhero movies is kids want to see them - Dark Knight was a Hard PG-13 and it did well - watchmen - a masterpiece - was a hard R and tanked - comic fanboys alone cannot support a flick for it to thrive. Outside of Punisher and blade - I cant think of a marvel property that needs to be R

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

The problem is with superhero movies is kids want to see them - Dark Knight was a Hard PG-13 and it did well - watchmen - a masterpiece - was a hard R and tanked - comic fanboys alone cannot support a flick for it to thrive. Outside of Punisher and blade - I cant think of a marvel property that needs to be R

I'd like to see a R rated X-Force movie (current team). I think X-Men Origins: Wolverine should have been R also. Although you are right, not much really needs to be.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I'd like to see a R rated X-Force movie (current team). I think X-Men Origins: Wolverine should have been R also. Although you are right, not much really needs to be.

The Current team would about have to be R with the violence heh - problem is the storyline would be beyond difficult to explain to the audiences.

I disagree on Orgins being R- course I did not like the non comic stuff and got annoyed at that.

Abraham Lincoln

The Current team would about have to be R with the violence heh - problem is the storyline would be beyond difficult to explain to the audiences.

I disagree on Orgins being R- course I did not like the non comic stuff and got annoyed at that.

Origins was pretty violent, but I saw nothing in that movie that deserved an R rating.

And I disagree with watchmen being a masterpiece, horrible music choices, incredibly slow beginning, and bad acting from a few characters.

Although the guy who played Rorschach was amazing.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

DIsney own Pixar, and you can't really say the quality of Pixar's films has suffered. I think it'll be a similar situation, Disney will leave Marvel to develop their own ideas and then use their marketing power to get them going.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I doubt very much will change. Disney probably just wants the money it generates.

Yep. They'll get cash for movies already in the works such as Iron Man 2.

Wonder how long it will take to make that 4 billion back though. In all honesty it was actually a decent move for Marvel to sell. As long as it's just a cash cow for Disney, then things "should" be fine.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png