Obama and Ramadan.

i_love_burritos

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meeting with muslims is neither random nor 'butt kissing'. It's a cold, calculated move that his chief advisors have suggested him to act on. He doesn't likely care about them any more than he does about any other group. The president likely didn't even set up the meeting; His political advisors did.

Bush met jewish leaders at a chanukah reception in 2007. Why is there no outcry? Because it's purely political. Jews are significant campaign donors and own substantial shares in media corporations. It doesn't mean he was placing anyone on a pedestal.

Lack of political understanding makes people think that if the president meets with any group, he instantly thinks they are better than the rest. Politicians have to meet with the different voting blocks that supported them in the election and give them some support back. If they don't, the competing politician will have field day with easy votes from dissatisfied people of that voting block.

Obama has also visited the Pope. He has had private meetings with christian leaders. These are political gestures. There is absolutely nothing strange with it.

Of course people will complain. I'm from England but still I can see how the American citizens will feel. Muslims don't come from the US, therefore I can see why these people wouldn't want them and their 'culture' if you like to be brought into there country and seemingly supported by Obama. It would seem as if they're invading the country or something.

I also find it rather ironic how islams are allowed to travel to countries or even imigrate to places such as the US or the UK and they build their churches, but if a christian believer went to Islamabad or something and built a church, they would probably be shot or something for disrespecting their country and so-called sinning against their native religion.

I'm going to make a generalisation here, but hey bite me. I think all in all muslims are pretty ignorant and pretty unaccepting people, they seem to think they can imigrate and do whatever they like, but the people of the west don't have the same rights apparently. So in my eyes they deserve whatever hate they're getting, regardless of 9/11 or other terrorist acts.

Flame me for my opinion, I don't care. Oh and btw, i'm neither Christian, Islamic or any other religious belief.

MUSLIMS AND "THEIR" CULTURE

First of all muslims are humanbeings just like you and me. Islam is our religion.

There are extreme and moderat muslims. The difference from my perspective is that the extreme ones use "Islam" our religion as a excuse to do acts of violence and so on. They interpretend the holy Koran in wrong ways and do it knowing it. They are scums.

Extreme muslims:

Ones you see who have power in Iran (Stoning of people, hanging etc...they are bastards)

Terrorists (9/11, Al Quida, Sucidie bombing, etc.. BASTARDS is what they are)

Moderat muslims:

People who try to respect everyone despite culture/religion difference. They are usually open minded and tolerate Western culture. They have their limits of what they don't like in West (Drinking, Smoking, Divorces etc) but they just think "That's their choice not mine".

But because of " all muslims are terrorists" and all the other propaganda in TV in US, people in US and other lands get bad relation to Islam and muslims. Extreme muslims is what they have seen (9/11, Al Quida, Iran), so it affects the moderat muslims.

The propaganda that is used in US is also used in Islamic countries also. So clowns of US do scare propaganda about muslim and Islam, and in muslim countries they do "America is bad!!Saddam is best!!!BAAAH".

So all in all it separetes us more and creates predjuices.

MUSLIMS IN US

They are just humanbeings like you and everyone else, trying to live in a world we all share. In every people there is always people who are bad and who are good.

It's common sense, and if you think "oo 9/11 all muslims are bad!!! all !!!" then your mind have been poluated with propaganda and predjuces by people who cause hatred, predjuces, racism etc in this world.

MUSLIM COUNTRIES

Yes, they are a problem, and I AM a muslim. Muslim lands must learn to respect other religions, if they don't then they are [bleep]ers. Just because i have Islam as my religion does not mean all muslims are good people, and unfortunately there are a big amount of bad muslims in the world. :( :( :( :(

Religion freedom (Religion based buildings in muslim countries should be respected!).

I am sorry that there are so many people who can't respect other religions. As a muslim who respects other religions i am annoyed.

When i was in Egypt (Egyptians>are arabs) i hated it. I saw a women covered in clothes and hated the sight because i am against that and so is my family and my culture and we are muslims!

I also hated how the arabs were, they were not good kind of humanbeings and it was hard to tell who was being nice to get "Tips=money" or who was genuinly nice.

MUSLIMS BEING IGNORANT YOU SAY

I agree that there is many muslims that are ignorant, but i agree on that because it's a fact. In muslim countries there is alot of them, but muslims in West usually adapt and became part of the community here.

Anyhow if you look at non muslims, there is tons of ignorant people there too. But what i would love is that the predjuces and ignorance and racism we have towards eachother cultures disappeared and that we tried to be tolerant and accept eachother and show respect.

Obama did a good thing, he regnonized Ramadan. But hey if you like a world of hatred go ahead, i can assure you in US there is so many propaganda that is there to cause hatred in the world.

But i am also sure there is many cool people in Us =P~

Haha, a Ramadan feast.

The irony is that Ramadan's mostly known because Muslims fast from sunup to sundown.

I thought it was funny.

If someone else has pointed this out, or the feast is supposed to be after sunset, I apologize. But, still, if there's pork or wine or something served, I would laugh.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Haha, a Ramadan feast.

The irony is that Ramadan's mostly known because Muslims fast from sunup to sundown.

I thought it was funny.

If someone else has pointed this out, or the feast is supposed to be after sunset, I apologize. But, still, if there's pork or wine or something served, I would laugh.

Finally someone has pointed this out lmao. :thumbsup:

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Haha, a Ramadan feast.

I thought it was funny.

I'm pretty sure the feast is supposed to be their last meal before fasting.

mbqyk3.gif

Haha, a Ramadan feast.

I thought it was funny.

Well, this proves that Obama, without a shadow of a doubt, is NOT a Muslim. :lol:

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I think Sir brings up some good points. There are Christians who have done terrible crap and tried using their religion as justification. Just because some Islamic people do it too doesn't mean that's what the entire religion is about though.

Meeting with muslims is neither random nor 'butt kissing'. It's a cold, calculated move that his chief advisors have suggested him to act on. He doesn't likely care about them any more than he does about any other group. The president likely didn't even set up the meeting; His political advisors did.

Yes yes, I heard you the first time. You must have missed the part where I said "deceive". They still are kissing butt, not because they actually appreciate the culture (which is bad enough to cater to one group and exclude everyone else in the first place), but because they are trying to secure votes, which makes it even worse. If you were trying to defend Obama, you just did the opposite.

And I know he has to do it in order to keep the population on his side, since pretty much all politicians are corrupt. But that doesn't make things any better. I think it's wrong when any politician deceives people to get votes. I could care less if it's the only thing that keeps you in office, it's still deceit. You're just telling me that good politicians are bad people. I agree.

Haha, a Ramadan feast.

I thought it was funny.

I think the feast is supposed to be held after sunset.

Or, is being held at sunset.

Or, was held.

I am lost in time.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

And I know he has to do it in order to keep the population on his side

You could really take it the other way as well. While doing this will appeal to Muslim voters, it has the potential to alienate many other Americans because of how Islam is percieved by some. So it is, to me anyway, a strange mix of playing politics (trying to appeal for votes/public opinion) and public service (trying to ease the tensions among politicians). That being said, I suppose you can apply that to any act from any politician.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Haha, a Ramadan feast.

I thought it was funny.

I think the feast is supposed to be held after sunset.

Or, is being held at sunset.

Or, was held.

I am lost in time.

DAMN PRESIDENT NEEDS TO QUIT KILLING MY SITUATIONAL IRONY.

Seriously man. How can a guy make a living if all the Ramadan feasts are just at the correct time?

Whatever. I hope someone brings a keg. I bet Ron Paul will crash the party.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Haha, a Ramadan feast.

I thought it was funny.

How is fasting funny?

First of all in beginning of the 30 days fast, you wake up at 4 AM time and eat and then say the words that "activates" your fast after you say it (Then you are not allowed to eat, drink and others).

From there you wait til day hits certain time (over 10 hours later that is) and then you break the fast with food. There is no wine, pork or other stuff involved.

Muslims are prohibited to drink alchohol, and it's even worse with pork which i understand.

The few Muslims behind violent acts of terror, namely Jihadists, wanted nothing more than to kill Bush and the Administration, along with every other infidel in the world.

I think what Obama is trying to do is simply raising the opinion of the US in the eyes of those that we want to like us.

Pretty useless to complain about. I'm certain Obama doesn't give a rats [wagon] about the holiday itself.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Some people actually care about and respect the cultures of others.

Thats true, but what about all other religions and cultures. Obama ain't said [cabbage]. I understand thinks like Hanukkah hasn't come around yet, but the Religion of Islam in m point of view, has done America no favors. Call me bias, bigoted or stupid, I don't care; Islam is not a religion to be commended for it's longevity I guess you could say.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

The few Muslims behind violent acts of terror, namely Jihadists, wanted nothing more than to kill Bush and the Administration, along with every other infidel in the world.

I think what Obama is trying to do is simply raising the opinion of the US in the eyes of those that we want to like us.

Pretty useless to complain about. I'm certain Obama doesn't give a rats [wagon] about the holiday itself.

God i hate politics and politicians.

Thats true, but what about all other religions and cultures. Obama ain't said [cabbage]. I understand thinks like Hanukkah hasn't come around yet, but the Religion of Islam in m point of view, has done America no favors. Call me bias, bigoted or stupid, I don't care; Islam is not a religion to be commended for it's longevity I guess you could say.

Tell me why you say "Hanukkah hasn't come around yet, but the Religion of Islam in m point of view, has done America no favors."

Also another question:

How have other religions done favors to America?

Tell me why you say "Hanukkah hasn't come around yet, but the Religion of Islam in m point of view, has done America no favors."

Also another question:

How have other religions done favors to America?

No.

So why give one special treatment. And no, the atheistic commercialized Christmas doesn't count lol. Though I am aware of a certain bias towards Christianity, such as swearing on a bible. But that's more tradition now. However, one cannot deny the American government was founding of Judeo-Christian forms of gov't. I'd say that's doing us a favor, even if indirectly.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

No.

So why give one special treatment. And no, the atheistic commercialized Christmas doesn't count lol. Though I am aware of a certain bias towards Christianity, such as swearing on a bible. But that's more tradition now. However, one cannot deny the American government was founding of Judeo-Christian forms of gov't. I'd say that's doing us a favor, even if indirectly.

What? I have no idea what your on about...

I just asked for a simple answer to my main question:

Tell me why you say "Hanukkah hasn't come around yet, but the Religion of Islam in m point of view, has done America no favors."?

I want a answer to that question, so i hope you can do...ONLY that question.

In rebutal to the inevitable "it's only a small minority of fundy muslims that are suicide bombers" this video describes how "jihad" is a fundemantal aspect of the religion.

[yt]jdRyMfQ9qW0[/yt]

99.8% of muslims would not disagree with it.

I love how that video is only rated a 1 star. :lol:

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

How the hell is that a justification for hating politicians, and how is ingratiation at all limited to the realm of politics (it's probably something you practice in your daily life with authoritative figures, or to stay out of trouble, unless you're one of those "don't-take-nuttin'-from-nobuddeh" kind of person, in which case we have a whole new can of issues to discuss). How can you hate someone for not caring about a holiday that you most likely don't care about? All the while he is going out of the way and pretending that he does in attempts to do the most that he can do in that circumstance to appease the right people.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

In rebutal to the inevitable "it's only a small minority of fundy muslims that are suicide bombers" this video describes how "jihad" is a fundemantal aspect of the religion.

[yt]jdRyMfQ9qW0[/yt]

99.8% of muslims would not disagree with it.

Which is why we can't read 1000+ year old books literally.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

So now he's a bad person because he doesn't like your religion ?

SirHemen, why are you getting so worked up ?

No.

Tell me why you say "Hanukkah hasn't come around yet, but the Religion of Islam in m point of view, has done America no favors."?

Really?

Did you forget about 9\11?

No.

Really?

That was something extreme muslims did. Of course i have not forgotten about it. I am a moderat muslim, and i found out early that day what was happening in US.

So no i have not forgotten about it. But if you open your mind towards Islam and muslims you will find out that there is moderat muslims (Good muslims) and extreme (Bad).

How hard can it be to realize that there are good muslims and bad in this world? I know there are alot bad people, but why judge rest of us (Good muslims) and our religion (Islam) based on the ones who are bad.

No.

Really?

That was something extreme muslims did. Of course i have not forgotten about it. I am a moderat muslim, and i found out early that day what was happening in US.

So no i have not forgotten about it. But if you open your mind towards Islam and muslims you will find out that there is moderat muslims (Good muslims) and extreme (Bad).

How hard can it be to realize that there are good muslims and bad in this world? I know there are alot bad people, but why judge rest of us (Good muslims) and our religion (Islam) based on the ones who are bad.

Just so you know, simply because I label myself a Christian doesn't mean I hate Muslims. ;) I know plenty of Muslims. And I also know, that Jihad is an important part of Muslim culture, whether you say so or not. And while all may not take part, it's still part of.

All those mother [bleep]ers dancing in the streets on 9\11, they're condoning the actions, so they would do it too.