Potting for your slayer tasks?

joey11223

Super Set on ANYTHING you kill.

I don't care what it is. You could be killing chickens for all I care.

Not only will you be getting better xp, but chances are you will have to eat less (especially with an EE).

Don't even mess with a DBaxe or any of that crap. It's such a hassle, and a waste of a special.

Also always bring an EE, no matter what. If your trip lasts you an hour, that's like bringing an extra 12 sharks.

I totally agree.

Don't even mess with a DBaxe or any of that crap. It's such a hassle, and a waste of a special.

You forget about Turoths and Kurasks, as well as people who haven't unlocked EE (or don't have the cash for SGS) or are short on gp yet love slayer.

Hell if you don't have an SGS on some prayer tasks d b axe is as effective as any other spec, as you saves enough gp to justify using the higher aggressive prayers.

It annoys me when people write db axe off, it has got its uses at lower levels and even some higher levels.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

You forget about Turoths and Kurasks, as well as people who haven't unlocked EE (or don't have the cash for SGS) or are short on gp yet love slayer.

Hell if you don't have an SGS on some prayer tasks d b axe is as effective as any other spec, as you saves enough gp to justify using the higher aggressive prayers.

It annoys me when people write db axe off, it has got its uses at lower levels and even some higher levels.

It saves 1k every 5 minutes...

Not worth giving up healing of EE or SGS, esp. since 1 shark is worth more than that.

If you don't have an EE or SGS, then even the DDS is better since it gets you faster kills and ultimately makes up for the 1k.

I super pot on all tasks even though some don't require super def.

I use all my specials with either SGS or DDS when fighting dragons.

All prayer tasks are done with zammy brews and super str with pray pots and holy wrench.

All non-prayer tasks are done with the 5% str prayer when I have enough pray points left.

After a task is over, I use up all remaining prayer points and specials, then tele lumbridge for fast pray recharge and head over to shilo.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

It all personally depends on what you want from your task, though admittedly if I say that potting eats into your profits people will retaliate back with the "but it's only minimum loss etc".

I personally never really use any pots except a prayer pot for prayer tasks like black demons, antifires for dragons, and a summoning pot to keep my bunyip.

Maybe i am a fool for not potting due to my lower stats but i do find that i can get through many a slayer task quite quickly

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I always pot up my attack stats, be it attack/strength or range. Def depends on if I'm safespoting, praying, relying on bunyip as to if I bother or not.

But then again I have money (and a big pile of the relevant potions from herblore/farming :P ), what I don't have is time.

Either way I find the money spent worth the time saved.

Jammy2222.png

I make sure i am always potted up on every single task, if i know the monster is doesn't hit hard/often i wont take a super defence.

And if the monster is rubbish, then i'll use a combat potion to keep my costs down a bit.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Before slayer points, I super potted all burthope tasks and I would still do so if burthoping became worth while.

To a serious slayer, the time saved is worth it, super sets cost nothing. D B axe is a waste of special bar, if you're going to pinch penies don't do it in a way that slows you down.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I tend to pot up whenever I'm forced to use pray pot (metal drags abby spectres, warped terrorbirds ...), otherwise nah, allthough I've got a whole load of super attacks I don't mind using.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

now, i use super att and normal str pots, as well as EE.

before I got the EE, I used d baxe and super att pots, as well as more food.

Range pots in both cases.

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.

I super pot on all tasks even though some don't require super def.

I use all my specials with either SGS or DDS when fighting dragons.

All prayer tasks are done with zammy brews and super str with pray pots and holy wrench.

All non-prayer tasks are done with the 5% str prayer when I have enough pray points left.

After a task is over, I use up all remaining prayer points and specials, then tele lumbridge for fast pray recharge and head over to shilo.

Cool, I also use all my prayer with piety before leaving. I feel its such a waste otherwise :-)

It saves 1k every 5 minutes...

Not worth giving up healing of EE or SGS, esp. since 1 shark is worth more than that.

If you don't have an EE or SGS, then even the DDS is better since it gets you faster kills and ultimately makes up for the 1k.

Hell, it doesn't even save 1k every 5 minutes, because you repot every 10 minutes. And yeah, the DDS specs hugely outperforms the DBA and the EE. They're extremely overrated.

As for the OP, use Zammy brews, Pure sets, super sets when applicable. I find Sara brews an overkill for slayer tasks, but some prefer to use it.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png