Retro Revival - 15-Sep-2009

metoo1000

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard in RSC also player started with 9hp.

does this mean (if i chose non-cheating world) i'll start with 9hp? or they changed it when RSC still existed?

*Pops knuckles*

You started with 10 hp, but the switch between combat systems in RS2 gave rsc accounts 9 hp.

The only dragon items were the D Long, D Med, D Baxe, and D Square.

There was no poisoning.

You can not run from a battle until 3 rounds of combat have taken place.

The camera does not move up and down.

There are no special attacks.

There is no Crush, slash, etc. attack styles, and each weapon attacks with the same speed.

If you are ranging, and get attacked, you can not range anymore: you have to melee/mage.

Magic, while in a melee fight, does not take any extra turns, and completely rapes.

You can not note items in a bank.

You will get addicted to pking, and will wonder why Jagex screwed up the current Runescape combat system.

Stellactic.gif

i heard in RSC also player started with 9hp.

does this mean (if i chose non-cheating world) i'll start with 9hp? or they changed it when RSC still existed?

*Pops knuckles*

You started with 10 hp, but the switch between combat systems in RS2 gave rsc accounts 9 hp.

The only dragon items were the D Long, D Med, D Baxe, and D Square.

There was no poisoning.

You can not run from a battle until 3 rounds of combat have taken place.

The camera does not move up and down.

There are no special attacks.

There is no Crush, slash, etc. attack styles, and each weapon attacks with the same speed.

If you are ranging, and get attacked, you can not range anymore: you have to melee/mage.

Magic, while in a melee fight, does not take any extra turns, and completely rapes.

You can not note items in a bank.

You will get addicted to pking, and will wonder why Jagex screwed up the current Runescape combat system.

Stellactic.gif

It's great to hear this news!

Hell yeah most of people will try and quit prety much right away after realizing how much slower is it to train most of skills etc.

Especialy those who started RS in RS2.

But I see it only as a good thing, those who realy liked it will remein there and community will start to get good in no time :)

Playing since may 2001 and proud not on having any skill over 90.

pure_putin.png

It's great to hear this news!

Hell yeah most of people will try and quit prety much right away after realizing how much slower is it to train most of skills etc.

Especialy those who started RS in RS2.

But I see it only as a good thing, those who realy liked it will remein there and community will start to get good in no time :)

Playing since may 2001 and proud not on having any skill over 90.

pure_putin.png

I got introduced to RS Classic in 2004 by a friend. I absolutely hated it. RS only started getting interesting in 2005 for me (RS2).

Doubt this update would do much for me. If you guys wanna indulge yourself in nostalgia, be my guest. I just don't see any appeal in playing with Commodore-like graphics.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I got introduced to RS Classic in 2004 by a friend. I absolutely hated it. RS only started getting interesting in 2005 for me (RS2).

Doubt this update would do much for me. If you guys wanna indulge yourself in nostalgia, be my guest. I just don't see any appeal in playing with Commodore-like graphics.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Jagex if you are reading this:

TAKE AWAY FATIGUE!

Rofl rofl rofl sleeping bags.

Rs2 nerfed my mage pker. Went from a lvl 16 with 20 def and 52 mage to a lvl 32 combat.

I can't wait to start dueling again. Funnest part of the game was pking and dueling and we will finally have that back!

Back when super sets were 20k haha.

Everyone better re-learn to catch asap!

Madcat103.png

Madcat103.png

Jagex if you are reading this:

TAKE AWAY FATIGUE!

Rofl rofl rofl sleeping bags.

Rs2 nerfed my mage pker. Went from a lvl 16 with 20 def and 52 mage to a lvl 32 combat.

I can't wait to start dueling again. Funnest part of the game was pking and dueling and we will finally have that back!

Madcat103.png

Madcat103.png

I'm going to be renting an RSC server. My first order of business is to set up my admin team, consisting of every person on TIF who has ranted about the "good old days", as well as anyone who manages to find a way to bribe me by sending extremely perishable foods through snail mail. By food, of course, I mean money.

emot-10bux.gif and you get permabanned.

emot-20bux.gif and I send William Shatner to talk you to death.

This sounds counterintuitive until you realize that it'd be against the rules for me to take money for in game, advantages, but there's no rule against taking money in return for real life disadvantages

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

not when everybody can simply get all 99's with best gears and head freely pking...pvp'ing for the first month gonna be pretty empty at the regular RSC ;)

want_a_box.png