The Official PS3 Thread

Sam

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/06/15/playstation-plus-launches-next-week-check-out-what-its-all-about/

Note: People in NA get 3 month extra for free, EU gets LBP for free.

The thing most people are complaining about is that, after your subscription ends the games will expire and you won't be able to use them unless you re-subscribe.

I don't think PS+ is designed to rival Live, it's for people that spend a lot on the Store and over the course of the year they get their money back with all the savings they get, and free games they get to play. The good thing about it though is that it is completely optional and Sony haven't taken anything away from the existing service.

k9999-crazyarm.gif

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playstation Plus is mostly for hardcore Downloadable game-maniacs who want to save a couple bucks.

But seriously, it is pretty much that.

Doesn't sound like it'd be worth it for me and I doubt I'd ever purchase it unless it somehow brought a new experience to online gaming and if I wanted to play for online play I would still have my 360.

tFtfA.jpg

PS+ just needs to implement more features for a better online experience.

Also, my PS3 isn't working - it just keeps freezing. Killerwatt restored the HDD a few days ago since it apprently got 'corrupted'.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

60gb fat.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Error code 80010514 - code of death.

Why our console?

Is it a red screen? If so i can bring a bit of light to the problem. Does it just bring up a red screen about 3 seconds after you start it? if so i know what happened.

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

Error code 80010514 - code of death.

Why our console?

I had an old 40GB PS3 that died a couple months back luckily I bought a protection plan on it and was able to get it replaced with one of the newer slim PS3s.

I've at least had better luck with my PS3 then 360s. I've experienced 4 red rings since in the 5 years my brother and I have owned a 360.

tFtfA.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

At least you don't have the YLOD.

Anybody here ever had this and sent it to a local repair shop? I'm thinking about sending mine to a repair guy for $80.

You can fix those by yourself.

vcz3sx.png

But it voids your warranty.

Don't have a warranty.

And i'd rather spend 80 bucks to get the ps3 repaired than another 300-400 or so on new one as a result of me "fixing" it.

Or you could look up how to do it and if you cant get it fixed send it into sony, or go to that repair shop.

vcz3sx.png

got my ps3

i only play MW2 online. psn kinda sucks after getting used to xbox live. sending messages is painful, half-assed "profile", messy gui, etc. one thing i was looking forward for was the supposed "mature" community compared to live, and on my first online game i heard a kid repeating the word GARBAGE over and over.

but it's free so i really shouldnt be complaining

tho ps3 still doesnt come with an HDMI or a headset? lame

got my ps3

i only play MW2 online. psn kinda sucks after getting used to xbox live. sending messages is painful, half-assed "profile", messy gui, etc. one thing i was looking forward for was the supposed "mature" community compared to live, and on my first online game i heard a kid repeating the word GARBAGE over and over.

but it's free so i really shouldnt be complaining

tho ps3 still doesnt come with an HDMI or a headset? lame

Who gives a damn about a profile? and it depends when your on. Also an hdmi is around 6$ on amazon, so who cares, also not everyone has an HD tv, or plays online.

vcz3sx.png

Yeah, I got my HDMI cable off amazon dirt cheap. It's hard to say one community is more mature then another but their those who have PS3 are probably a bit older due to the price point being much higher then the Xbox but since the price has dropped down to a more affordable price your going to find younger kids getting their hands on the console. You could say PSN is more mature because their are less ppl who have microphones so their is less talking overall, so less kids screaming and [cabbage], but I honestly can't say for sure which community is better from a maturity stand point.

tFtfA.jpg