The Official PS3 Thread

Sam

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems strange that no one has posted in a month o.O

I think I last used mine around 6 days ago, then before that it was around 2-3 weeks. :mellow: Then again my 360 has not been on in around 4 months. :mrgreen:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Double XP weekend going on right now in MAG! Found a perfect, overpowered LMG build. It has almost no recoil, even without the bipod/foregrip. So, it's easy to kill from medium and even long range.

LMG needs an omega nerf.

Double XP weekend going on right now in MAG! Found a perfect, overpowered LMG build. It has almost no recoil, even without the bipod/foregrip. So, it's easy to kill from medium and even long range.

LMG needs an omega nerf.

A few months after the release, what is mag like?

Have there been any patches or major fixes, eg I heard something about some maps being unbalanced and sver was the dominant group etc, has anything changed?

Not that I'd be getting the game but I just find the idea of 256 players interesting and something to keep an eye on, seeing how it works and how succesful it is in the long term.

Got my mum Lego Star Wars (all six episodes in one!) for her birthday lol. It's fun (/ but also frustrating) watching someone who hasn't played videogames all their life learning the ropes.

LMG needs an omega nerf.

A few months after the release, what is mag like?

Have there been any patches or major fixes, eg I heard something about some maps being unbalanced and sver was the dominant group etc, has anything changed?

Not that I'd be getting the game but I just find the idea of 256 players interesting and something to keep an eye on, seeing how it works and how succesful it is in the long term.

Got my mum Lego Star Wars (all six episodes in one!) for her birthday lol. It's fun (/ but also frustrating) watching someone who hasn't played videogames all their life learning the ropes.

Nothing too major has changed. The sniper rifle does less damage unscoped in.

But the LMG is still overpowered. SVER does have a little bit of an edge on the maps, but I'm on SVER and we've gotten whooped some matches, so it's not totally unbalanced.

Does MAG use the same sort of hosting system as games like MW2 or is it new host tech/extremely good servers?

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Does MAG use the same sort of hosting system as games like MW2 or is it new host tech/extremely good servers?

It uses good servers. Lag is rare even on 256-player maps.

They have specially dedicated servers that the games run off of, unlike cheapavision / Infinity Hoard and their epically and continually lagging mw2. Although I don't play mag atm much because I can't play mag or other online games while mining etc since I can't pause them <_< FF13 ftw :thumbsup:

Dakr06.png

So..who wants to form a posse for Red Dead Redemption :mrgreen:

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

They have specially dedicated servers that the games run off of, unlike cheapavision / Infinity Hoard and their epically and continually lagging mw2. Although I don't play mag atm much because I can't play mag or other online games while mining etc since I can't pause them <_< FF13 ftw :thumbsup:

I don't think that they have bad servers, it's just the host migration and the system for choosing the host SUCKS.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I don't think that they have bad servers, it's just the host migration and the system for choosing the host SUCKS.

servers =/= hosts

In MW2 the host (a player) is uploading the content to everyone else.

On a server, a dedicated computer uploads the information to everyone else.

Amirite?

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

servers =/= hosts

In MW2 the host (a player) is uploading the content to everyone else.

On a server, a dedicated computer uploads the information to everyone else.

Amirite?

urrite

I discovered yesterday that you do not need to buy the MW2 DLC if another account on your PS3 already has it.

Thankyou, killerwatt rolleyes.gif

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Yeah I think you're allowed to share it on as many accounts as you want, and 3 PS3s.

If something has been downloaded to the PS3, I'm pretty sure that in 99% of cases it is usable by any and all accounts on that PS3. You can access your account from up to 5 PS3's, and all your previous downloads.

The map pack is the same price on the 360. I'm not really down to pay $15 for a map pack though definitely not on remakes.

They were charging £10.99 for the pack on PS3, on 360 it was 1200 MSP which you can buy for £10. Maybe its not the same for US/AU $ but I would imagine it is.

Going to get a PSN card from Target and buy the Uncharted 2 DLC. The new maps and game mode look great, and have gotten good reviews, so I figured I would buy them.

That's got to be the most annoying music I've ever heard.

I kinda like it.

Also, until yesterday, when the first info about the game came out, I thought there was no need for a sequel. They've completely changed my mind. The stuff that they're managing to do with this defies belief.

I can't wait.