The Official PS3 Thread

Sam

Got BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger yesterday and I'm simply not feeling it like I thought I would. I like 2D fighters a lot but this one doesn't seem right. Maybe I'm [developmentally delayed]ed or something but the controls feel so strange; seems like it caters to people who just want to spam one or two attacks instead of people who want to play it properly. I've only played it for an hour and a half, so I feel like I need to give it a chance before I shelve it and move onto something else. At least it's a decently challenging game.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger yesterday and I'm simply not feeling it like I thought I would. I like 2D fighters a lot but this one doesn't seem right. Maybe I'm [developmentally delayed]ed or something but the controls feel so strange; seems like it caters to people who just want to spam one or two attacks instead of people who want to play it properly. I've only played it for an hour and a half, so I feel like I need to give it a chance before I shelve it and move onto something else. At least it's a decently challenging game.

I never really got into it. Even the trainingDVD made no sense to me.

priest_wiz.png

I played it for another couple of hours earlier and it's kind of growing, but I definitely need to play it more. I like it enough to come back to it, and I think I should play through story mode or something at least once before I make a decision. I'm still having issues with the controls, but that is probably to do with me being used to 3D games.

Graphics and music are A+ though. Love them a lot.

Finally getting my PS3 this weekend after I get my paycheck, I've been saving up for sooo long o.o I plan on getting MW2 first so I can finally play online with friends, but after that I plan on getting:

Uncharted 2

Bioshock 1 & 2

Assassin's Creed 2

Oblivion

Fallout 3

Anything else worth looking into?

wl7w9j.png

Will you be playing with them over LAN or in a party online?

There are some awesome PSN games you can get. I'd definitely get Flower if you need to relax after raging at a game.

Are you into racing games, rangeor?

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I was wanting to get a copy of Demons Souls, just because I have nothing to play. But I have no money. I'm going through my second run of Dragon Age Origins and Awakening. Playing as a Forest Elf (can't remember the technical term) rogue. Last time played as a human noble. I am enjoying playing as an elf more, just because the reactions of people are sometimes very unexpected. Human noble was kind of boring because all you did was fight with Howe and politicians. Elves fight with everyone.

I think my Dad's gonna buy Dead Rising 2 when it comes out. I can't wait to play it.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Man, it's been a good number of years since I played SF4 (whenever it came out really) and I really suck now lol.

Out of the new roster characters what would you guys recommend for a newbie friendly one? In SF4 I mained Sagat alot (I know I know lol).

Red dead redemption.

Since this was mentioned, I'd like to take a moment and say R.I.P Red Dead Redemption's creative story. They spent such time building up a really awesome story, characters, and everything...and it all crapped out in the end. They could've taken the same concept and just...done so much more with it.

[bleep] you Rockstar Games. I hate you.

hzvjpwS.gif

Just logged in on my PS3, and it says "PlayStation Network is under maintenace." Anyone else got this message? :blink:

EDIT: Just went on Playstaion Home and theres a software update 1.36

a70kf.png

Divine Forces | #DF on irc.seersirc.net | Most Motivated |

http://rs-df.com/forums

Man, it's been a good number of years since I played SF4 (whenever it came out really) and I really suck now lol.

Out of the new roster characters what would you guys recommend for a newbie friendly one? In SF4 I mained Sagat alot (I know I know lol).

Even though everyone plays him Ryu is a good place to start just because he covers all bases. You've played before so it might just be a case of learning the moves again so it's muscle memory and you can execute without thinking what you need to do.

http://iplaywinner.com/superstreetfighter4 This website is quite good as it covers normal moves as well, which eventhubs doesn't.

When I came back to SSF4 after about a year from SF4, I sucked and was on about a 40+ losing streak. Eventually something clicked and I found a character I was comfortable with and started to win fights.

k9999-crazyarm.gif

Even though everyone plays him Ryu is a good place to start just because he covers all bases. You've played before so it might just be a case of learning the moves again so it's muscle memory and you can execute without thinking what you need to do.

http://iplaywinner.com/superstreetfighter4 This website is quite good as it covers normal moves as well, which eventhubs doesn't.

When I came back to SSF4 after about a year from SF4, I sucked and was on about a 40+ losing streak. Eventually something clicked and I found a character I was comfortable with and started to win fights.

heh. Yeah it's really just getting used to everything again. I want to use one of the new characters since that is the reason I have SSF4 atm :P.

Just logged in on my PS3, and it says "PlayStation Network is under maintenace." Anyone else got this message? :blink:

EDIT: Just went on Playstaion Home and theres a software update 1.36

It'll be like that for everyone if it says it's under maintenance - it won't be for very long.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

heh. Yeah it's really just getting used to everything again. I want to use one of the new characters since that is the reason I have SSF4 atm :P.

Play as Dudley, he has awesome moves and he's pretty newb friendly.