More GE fun

canadiansmurf

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we signed up for a controlled economy and trade limits right?

oh wait...

Yes, you did, because it's Jagex's game. Your monthly membership entitles you to play the game, but it doesn't buy you fractional ownership. ;-)

I signed up before it was a controlled economy, so really I didn't sign up for it.

my interests and beliefs don't change when jagex updates the game.

I think for myself :wink:

4e0Vn.png

so many whiners i cant believe.

do the quest enlightened journey and take the balloon route to either taverly or entrana OR both. they each stock 1k waterfilled vials and 1k eye of newt.

use a dueling ring to bank at castle wars and repeat it's actually pretty fast. and you wouldnt have this problem if you had been training the skill all along and gathering the resources all along. instead of selling everything on the ge and now trying to buy your level overnight or within a week just like every other person atm.

i really dont have sympathy for people that cant think of a way to train something without buying everything on the g.e. people are just getting lazy. i know someone that everytime they got a slayer task from duradel they stopped and got an inventory of vials, it adds up.

does anyone remember what it was like before unlimited stock? i do. it's just pathetic how much money people now have and how little effort they actually put into the game to either get it or keep it or even spend it. you figure it out, it isnt always jagex's or the game's fault. in the meantime deal with it and keep whining i guess.

and btw herblore isnt necessarily supposed to be an easy skill to level; that's part of the challenge of the game, you know, the point, the thing that makes it interesting etc.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

so many whiners i cant believe.

do the quest enlightened journey and take the balloon route to either taverly or entrana OR both. they each stock 1k waterfilled vials and 1k eye of newt.

use a dueling ring to bank at castle wars and repeat it's actually pretty fast. and you wouldnt have this problem if you had been training the skill all along and gathering the resources all along. instead of selling everything on the ge and now trying to buy your level overnight or within a week just like every other person atm.

i really dont have sympathy for people that cant think of a way to train something without buying everything on the g.e. people are just getting lazy. i know someone that everytime they got a slayer task from duradel they stopped and got an inventory of vials, it adds up.

does anyone remember what it was like before unlimited stock? i do. it's just pathetic how much money people now have and how little effort they actually put into the game to either get it or keep it or even spend it. you figure it out, it isnt always jagex's or the game's fault. in the meantime deal with it and keep whining i guess.

and btw herblore isnt necessarily supposed to be an easy skill to level; that's part of the challenge of the game, you know, the point, the thing that makes it interesting etc.

Yes, I understand that's the way you want to train and you're free to be able to do so. However, I should also be free to rip myself off and pay ridiculous prices to get 90+ herblore for these awesome potions in a few days, instead waiting 2 years before I get to that point. I worked hard for that money, so I should be free to use it. Trading in a free market with other players is an important aspect of an MMO, it almost sounds like you're suggesting to make RS in a single player game, everyone should do everything for themselves.

I really wonder what your herblore level is and when you think you'll get these new potion by the way.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Yes, I understand that's the way you want to train and you're free to be able to do so. However, I should also be free to rip myself off and pay ridiculous prices to get 90+ herblore for these awesome potions in a few days, instead waiting 2 years before I get to that point. I worked hard for that money, so I should be free to use it. Trading in a free market with other players is an important aspect of an MMO, it almost sounds like you're suggesting to make RS in a single player game, everyone should do everything for themselves.

I really wonder what your herblore level is and when you think you'll get these new potion by the way.

you dont know how i trained herblore. i trained herblore over the entirety of my membership so whatever. you totally read what you wanted to read into what i said.

my herblore level is 99 and then some. and it's been for like over 2 years. figure out another way to train it if that's the only choice you have. try finding some player suppliers, that's what we did back in the old days before the ge. and i understand you can spend your money but the point is you waited until now and that's your own fault and what do you expect when there's so many people like you that wait until the last minute. it's like trying to find a nice room in a hotel during peak season by just showing up; you'd have to be lucky to get a spot.

but you guys are so quick to demand jagex change this and jagex change that instead of figuring out what you should do besides complain. and i dont suggest rs as a single player it's been multi-player the entire time i've played it and i'm just saying buying your levels from the ge is not the only way to train herblore.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

we signed up for a controlled economy and trade limits right?

oh wait...

Yes, you did, because it's Jagex's game. Your monthly membership entitles you to play the game, but it doesn't buy you fractional ownership. ;-)

In essence it does.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

you dont know how i trained herblore. i trained herblore over the entirety of my membership so whatever. you totally read what you wanted to read into what i said.

my herblore level is 99 and then some. and it's been for like over 2 years. figure out another way to train it if that's the only choice you have. try finding some player suppliers, that's what we did back in the old days before the ge. and i understand you can spend your money but the point is you waited until now and that's your own fault and what do you expect when there's so many people like you that wait until the last minute. it's like trying to find a nice room in a hotel during peak season by just showing up; you'd have to be lucky to get a spot.

but you guys are so quick to demand jagex change this and jagex change that instead of figuring out what you should do besides complain. and i dont suggest rs as a single player it's been multi-player the entire time i've played it and i'm just saying buying your levels from the ge is not the only way to train herblore.

I don't see why it is a problem for you or anyone else if I want to pay those high market prices to get my stuff quickly. And of course I realize it's hard to buy the items now in the first place because everyone wants them, but so what if I'm with paying a little more to compensate that.

I know how it was to play before the GE, but then I just made a thread on the forums and did some woodcutting while managing it. Just as lazy in terms of gathering your own stuff, only difference was it required a little better time management.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I really wonder how long you have been playing this game. If you've been playing since RSC then you have no reason to complain.

The GE has corrupted every single player today. They see something and expect it to become instant. There was a day when buying herbs was a guessing game and leveling herblaw (yes) meant you were well rounded and used your surroundings well.

Herblaw was a team game, and you had to convince your friends and peers that once you had a high enough level you would supply them with potions. Even in RS2, before the GE, it was still a game where you were forced to work together in order to level fast. Don't expect all skills to fold out in front of you.

I wish for an entire week Jagex would shut down the GE and put the workers on strike. That would encourage players to become less independent and more team-friendly. This is not a single player game, even if you want to make it out to be.

Stellactic.gif

<snip>

In essence it does.

This makes no sense. Jagex owns Runescape. You are paying for the right to play the members version. Nothing in the Terms and Conditions gives you any say in RS's direction. Sure, it may be in the interest of Jagex to listen to their paying customers, but they have no legal obligation to do so.

Tact.gif

<snip>

I don't see why it is a problem for you or anyone else if I want to pay those high market prices to get my stuff quickly. And of course I realize it's hard to buy the items now in the first place because everyone wants them, but so what if I'm with paying a little more to compensate that.

I know how it was to play before the GE, but then I just made a thread on the forums and did some woodcutting while managing it. Just as lazy in terms of gathering your own stuff, only difference was it required a little better time management.

So then what's the problem? Jagex didn't stop you from paying above market price to get your vials. You'll just need to advertise on the forums or find some people willing to run vials for you.

Tact.gif

<snip>

In essence it does.

This makes no sense. Jagex owns Runescape. You are paying for the right to play the members version. Nothing in the Terms and Conditions gives you any say in RS's direction. Sure, it may be in the interest of Jagex to listen to their paying customers, but they have no legal obligation to do so.

And if no one payed, there would be no jagex. Sooo, in essence, we do "own" the game, as much as you "own" a store or business. If they make half-assed decisions, you stop going there. If they make enough bad decisions, they have no more clients, and go under. (unless the gov't bails them out OC)

That is why I said "in essence" instead of "in actuality."

Also, not everyone has enough junk, or wants to waste time making junk, to make "free" trade possible. DUH

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

And if no one payed, there would be no jagex. Sooo, in essence, we do "own" the game, as much as you "own" a store or business. If they make half-assed decisions, you stop going there. If they make enough bad decisions, they have no more clients, and go under. (unless the gov't bails them out OC)

That is why I said "in essence" instead of "in actuality."

Also, not everyone has enough junk, or wants to waste time making junk, to make "free" trade possible. DUH

Then buy it. Go to world 2, or use the GE. Better yet, advertise on the forums.

Your analogy is flawed. First of all, people are still paying to play this game. What constitutes a "bad" decision to you may very well be viewed positively by someone else. Second, what you're referring to is called consumer choice. It's not the same as "owning" a game or anything else, which is what I was trying to point out. I don't think this update is on the order of something that would cause players to quit.

Tact.gif

I just thought of a way we could make this better.

Everybody start promoting killing water elementals in the Elemental Workshop as good low-lvl training. They drop vials of water 100%, so noobs could make a profit off of those too.

Make a guide then? :)

Tact.gif

Nice double post.

Also, have you noticed that recently numbers have gone down? I thought not. Also, the only ones saying this was a good update are the poor, jealous noobs. Such as yourself.

To avoid a warning from some of the mentally challenged tif mods, (Not all, only a few) I am leaving this thread.

Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness.

Stonewall337.png

I don't know what Jagex was thinking with this change, and I can't see any reason for any items to be capped, let alone those with massive demand but very low supply such as vials and eye of newt.

I understand that some players enjoy gathering their own supplies for training skills such as herblore, but some players prefer to buy the supplies they need to train more quickly and doing something else to make back the money they spent. If players want to buy water filled vials from the GE for 250gp each or whatever there is no reason for Jagex to stop them by imposing price limits and discouraging people from selling them on the GE.

Junk trading is not an answer because it abuses the same price limits that stops players from buying vials on the GE in the first place. If Jagex bothered to fix the GE pricing then all items would be worth exactly the price that players are willing to pay for them, junk trading would be not only impossible but unnecessary, and everyone would be able to make their own decisions on whether to buy an item from the GE or gather it themselves rather than being forced to do one or the other by price limits.

Nj21 ~ Quest Cape

everyone would be able to make their own decisions on whether to buy an item from the GE or gather it themselves rather than being forced to do one or the other by price limits.

I support this, more choice is best atm it's like we are forced to use limited stores.

Why can't the stores be hooked up to the GE interface?

Sell me my alloted store amount via the GE and let the rest of my purchase come from other players who are selling.

Instead of running back and forth to fetch supplies I would rather runecraft, at least I'd be gaining XP and decent GP.

At the moment the only solution so that player demands are met via the GE is if jagex made merchanting a skill. Then running back and forth to stores to buy and sell supplies wouldn't be wasted time. :blink:

At the moment the only solution so that player demands are met via the GE is if jagex made merchanting a skill. Then running back and forth to stores to buy and sell supplies wouldn't be wasted time. :blink:

Honestly that is what I've been thinking the new skill will be. The new shop change made me pretty confident on my assumption.

Stellactic.gif

I just thought of a way we could make this better.

Everybody start promoting killing water elementals in the Elemental Workshop as good low-lvl training. They drop vials of water 100%, so noobs could make a profit off of those too.

Make a guide then? :)

OH HECK YES.

Tomorrow. It's too late right now.

a70c7.png

Well, I think I speak for many when I say I'm not too happy that I buy 2k eyes of newt, and end up having the price go down to 100 within 3 days.

I still have 1.8k of those newt eyes in my bank...

Of course I held onto a few to sell at a higher price, but the principle of the matter is that it's not very nice to meddle with prices in such a way... It's just not considerate of those of us trying to make a few extra gp, and those of us who went out of our way to pay for such high prices.

If it's so expensive to buy eyes of newt, noobies will have the opportunity to run between the stores and put them on the GE... That's what I did when I was a noobie... Running stuff from stores to the bank to sell at a profit. What ever happened to that?

Dude I hate siggies...

It's time Jagex seriously, seriously consider putting in true money sinks into the game. We're talking stuff that makes a level 99 fully decked out house look like a charity case.

Why put such a statement in this thread? People will pay 500 gp, 1000 gp or even 2000 gp per vial because there's so much gp out there that much to save effort is worth it. When the amount of gp decreases, then the amount of EFFORT (things players must do themselves) a gp can buy increases. Thus, true money sinks are the best things to control inflation.

Now, what are some good ideas for high level Money Sinks?

Suggestions long ago were using Crystal and Gold Leaves with the Crafting Skill to make high level Luxury Clothes (untradeable). Same goes with the smithing skill for Ceremonial Armor. In addition, there'd be tradeable versions but much, much more expensive. Basic idea being that players would be willing to spend money on luxury items if they could show it off.

So why not use the idea with other skills? Magic attack that uses GP as one of the components. Slayer beast weak to GP (I think there's a legitimate fable beast with that weakness). Summoning creature that needs GP to make the scroll. This is not hard people. So, not only luxury items, but legitimate in game areas that helps remove gold from the game as a means of game play.

Remove the gold, remove inflation, prices reduce.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

If people could buy noted quantities at the store, then fixed GE prices would make sense. Billy Bob buys 5k vials at the store (in a certificate), Jagex sets the price in stores & the GE, and merchants have no way to make money on the items. Billy Bob then has to use the items, or he can sell though the GE and break even.

Putting skilling resources in the stores in limited quantities is asshattery at its finest.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

For those people who said the cap will stop merchants and make them cry...

NO it doesnt! They just moved from GE to RSOF.

The only suffers here are the buyers(could be you someday) who actually need lots of eyes/vials/super sets.

Now you have to train your junkmaking to 99lv and go through all the troubles in rosf.