More GE fun

canadiansmurf

Jagex is playing around with price-caps.

They've lowered the stocks in stores.

The demand for herblore items are high.

As of today, there was a hidden GE update.

Eyes of newt now cost 95gp-100gp in the GE.

Vials of water now cost 98gp-103gp

Good luck levelling herblore, now that the GE will be jammed with offers for vials of water while it won't be worth the time for people to sell to the GE.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's truth, how come I try to get 90 Summoning today and when I go to buy Swamp Lizards I find they're unbuyable AND I find people on the forums buying them for 2k-5k ea (they're 1k ea)! Un@#$%ing believable... :angry:

They're only 1k each if that's the most people willing to pay. If they're only worth 1k each to you and people are selling for 2k - 5k, you shouldn't be whining about it, you should be catching them yourself, or choosing an alternative to swamp lizards.

It's not "Un@#$%ing believable" at all. Items are worth what people are willing to pay, NOT what the Grand Exchange says they're worth. If other people are willing to pay more than you are, economic theory dictates you must decide whether it's worth the price to you, and if not, then you don't buy it...

It's truth, how come I try to get 90 Summoning today and when I go to buy Swamp Lizards I find they're unbuyable AND I find people on the forums buying them for 2k-5k ea (they're 1k ea)! Un@#$%ing believable... :angry:

They're only 1k each if that's the most people willing to pay. If they're only worth 1k each to you and people are selling for 2k - 5k, you shouldn't be whining about it, you should be catching them yourself, or choosing an alternative to swamp lizards.

It's not "Un@#$%ing believable" at all. Items are worth what people are willing to pay, NOT what the Grand Exchange says they're worth. If other people are willing to pay more than you are, economic theory dictates you must decide whether it's worth the price to you, and if not, then you don't buy it...

You missed my point entirely...

I am willing to pay what they're worth, but what is unbelievable, is the fact that the GE does not update to price people are willing to pay... hence the point of this thread and my post.

If the demand of Swamp Lizards is worth 5k then why is the GE not there?

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

Kinda screwed those of us who bought vials and eyes around 200gp ea :wall:

I don't think so.

What's better? Buying at 200gp ea, or not being able to buy anything at 100gp ea?

I know what I'd pick.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I don't think so.

What's better? Buying at 200gp ea, or not being able to buy anything at 100gp ea?

I know what I'd pick.

The thing is I already bought a large quantity of each at 200 and now if I go to sell them I'll lose half of what I paid.

It's good for future purchases though.

Madcat103.png

Madcat103.png

I don't think so.

I know what I'd pick.

The thing is I already bought a large quantity of each at 200 and now if I go to sell them I'll lose half of what I paid.

Just use em.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

I don't think so.

I know what I'd pick.

Not saying you did, but those who got burned by this due to merching them deserved it.

I don't think so.

I know what I'd pick.

Just use em.

That's the plan!

Madcat103.png

Madcat103.png

They're just trying to fix things. I don't see what was wrong with this update.

It's the fact that people are too lazy to collect their own materials because they are GE products. It's not a bad update by any means, they simply fixed the price of a few common items in an attempt to make them realistically priced. If Jagex were to take a proactive approach towards price manipulators the GE would be dotted with changes like this, which in the long run would be better for all of us. Just because it's unbuyable it doesn't mean it's impossible to get. That's what we had to do before the GE.....get our own items when we couldn't find a seller.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Aww man, I was making good money buying the vials from stores and selling em to GE. (~600k per hr)

Looks like I'll have to find another way of easy money. <_< :evil:

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

They are ruining things one step at a time. :angry:

They are not *ruining* it one thing at a time. They're letting it *unravel* one thing at a time. Duh.

But in all honesty, I'm fine with it. :thumbup:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Doesn't bother me since I remember playing without the Grand Exchange. The prices on some manipulated items are pretty crazy and I hope they intervene with more items.

Low_C.png

For any low level players looking for some cash the Ardy. store near the zoo sells water filled vials for 10 gp each and has 300 every few hours. It is possible to make a good 30k every few hours for low levels buying the vials from there and selling them for max on the ge.

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

It's the fact that people are too lazy to collect their own materials because they are GE products. It's not a bad update by any means, they simply fixed the price of a few common items in an attempt to make them realistically priced. If Jagex were to take a proactive approach towards price manipulators the GE would be dotted with changes like this, which in the long run would be better for all of us. Just because it's unbuyable it doesn't mean it's impossible to get. That's what we had to do before the GE.....get our own items when we couldn't find a seller.

Well MS, you are wrong. The GE was designed to work according to supply and demand. Just because people are lazy is no excuse. Also, I don't believe it is lazyness. If I can make 1m+ other ways, or gain faster xp hunting other things, why should I waste my time inefficiently when I don't want to? I am inefficient when I want to be, when it is fun. If people are willing to pay 2-5k for swamp lizards, why should jagex say otherwise? Or is this communistscape?

I played before the GE too, and one of the most annoying things was buying rarely used items which I needed for a quest or something. Another was trying to buy/sell things in bulk, and selling a few of a number of different things. I ended up paying 100k more for torags when I got 70 defense BECAUSE I WAS WILLING TO PAY THE EXTRA CASH RATHER THAN STAND IN FALLY W2 AND TRY TO BUY IT.

jagex needs to fix their broken GE system, changing it to be harder to manipulate, and stop screwing around with it in instances when they obviously either don't know WTF they are doing or don't care. Either one is bad.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Frankly I lol'ed at this:

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/Vial_of_water/viewitem.ws?obj=227

And this:

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/Eye_of_newt/viewitem.ws?obj=221

It's probably Jagex trying to make it so that Herblore is affordable for the lazy players, and making it so that Herblore is impossible to train in the process. GF Jagex.

a70c7.png

The point is that you could almost always find a seller for what you were buying. Now, it's all being done through the GE.

If I decide to start training herblore (Which only has a slight chance of happening in the close future), then by all means it should be possible for me to do so without going through mass amounts of junk trading).

WarBlastoise.png

Frankly I lol'ed at this:

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/Vial_of_water/viewitem.ws?obj=227

And this:

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/Eye_of_newt/viewitem.ws?obj=221

It's probably Jagex trying to make it so that Herblore is affordable for the lazy players, and making it so that Herblore is impossible to train in the process. GF Jagex.

You can still buy them, its just not instant, have some patience.

pugnax_lupus.png

For any low level players looking for some cash the Ardy. store near the zoo sells water filled vials for 10 gp each and has 300 every few hours. It is possible to make a good 30k every few hours for low levels buying the vials from there and selling them for max on the ge.

omg rly

Zerker_jane.png

Well MS, you are wrong. The GE was designed to work according to supply and demand. Just because people are lazy is no excuse. Also, I don't believe it is lazyness. If I can make 1m+ other ways, or gain faster xp hunting other things, why should I waste my time inefficiently when I don't want to? I am inefficient when I want to be, when it is fun. If people are willing to pay 2-5k for swamp lizards, why should jagex say otherwise? Or is this communistscape?

I played before the GE too, and one of the most annoying things was buying rarely used items which I needed for a quest or something. Another was trying to buy/sell things in bulk, and selling a few of a number of different things. I ended up paying 100k more for torags when I got 70 defense BECAUSE I WAS WILLING TO PAY THE EXTRA CASH RATHER THAN STAND IN FALLY W2 AND TRY TO BUY IT.

jagex needs to fix their broken GE system, changing it to be harder to manipulate, and stop screwing around with it in instances when they obviously either don't know WTF they are doing or don't care. Either one is bad.

The GE isn't being used for normal supply and demand, there are a ton of false demands for items which ruins the actual price. All the price manipulation and fake bubbles on items are the problem. Price capping isn't a big deal, and I think they did that to eyes and water-filled vials to tell people to go buy them themselves at the stores. With every new update, these price manipulators come in and ruin the actual supply and demand because they want to merch it. I think they need to break these scamming merch clans up.