The People Around Me

Dizzle229

:lol: My friend said something funny about my school the other day. If you go to my school you are either smart, or in a gang.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people that just shout insults like idiots (most people), are pretty easy to ignore. It's the people that verbally and physically threaten my friends and I that I'm worried about. Some of them have seriously hurt people in the past.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Welcome to real life. You are more than likely going to feel this way your entire life, no matter what you do or where you live.

Anybody talking about physical violence is more than likely just talking out their [wagon]. If you were going to be a hypocrite, you'd have done it already, not talked about it in a thread on a video game forum. A few bruises/broken bones are better than ruining your future with criminal charges.

SoLawny.png

Dep, this isn't being criminal, it's self defense. These people have hurt people. Badly. We're not talking about bumps and bruises, we're talking about broken bones. We're not just going to take it. The school has been useless so far, and I really don't know what to do other than make these [bleep]s physically unable to do anything. Either that or get some kind of intervention from the school (You know, what they're SUPPOSED to already be doing).

It's getting a little annoying having to repeat myself.

My friends and I are being threatened with serious physical harm. There is little chance of outside help. So are we just supposed to sit there and take it? Or take action, defend ourselves? You guys were right about something, if we make the first move we're just going to get into legal trouble ourselves. But it's killing me just having to wait for it to happen before doing something about it.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Dizzle - you're advocating going out and attacking them pre-emptively because you reckon he's going to hurt somebody. It doesn't matter how you present it, what you want to do is illegal and pretty well stupid. Even if you did it, what makes you think his friends won't do the same or worse to you in retaliation? If somebody physically attacks you, you are allowed to protect yourself but what you're talking about is not self-defence at all. Maybe this guy doesn't like you because of the 'superior' attitude you're giving off in this thread.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I have done, you said he threatened you, that still doesn't make it self-defence.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I know, I need to wait for him to actually physically attack me for it to be legal, which I hate. So what can I do? He has a rep for beating the [cabbage] out of anyone he feels like, but nothing has been done, and even with this new list of threats, again, nothing has been done.

It's so damn frustrating :-(

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I know, I need to wait for him to actually physically attack me for it to be legal, which I hate. So what can I do? He has a rep for beating the [cabbage] out of anyone he feels like, but nothing has been done, and even with this new list of threats, again, nothing has been done.

It's so damn frustrating :-(

You do nothing and ignore it.

tFtfA.jpg

I ignore people who make fun or my shoes, or yell stupid yo momma jokes. (seriously, the only good yo momma was in Meet the Spy)

When there is an actual credible threat, that can't just be ignored.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Dep, this isn't being criminal, it's self defense. These people have hurt people. Badly. We're not talking about bumps and bruises, we're talking about broken bones. We're not just going to take it. The school has been useless so far, and I really don't know what to do other than make these [bleep]s physically unable to do anything. Either that or get some kind of intervention from the school (You know, what they're SUPPOSED to already be doing).

It's getting a little annoying having to repeat myself.

My friends and I are being threatened with serious physical harm. There is little chance of outside help. So are we just supposed to sit there and take it? Or take action, defend ourselves? You guys were right about something, if we make the first move we're just going to get into legal trouble ourselves. But it's killing me just having to wait for it to happen before doing something about it.

I don't like repeating myself either. This is nothing special, they are nothing special, you and your friends are nothing special. Welcome to the real world. What you are talking about doing IS criminal. You are just as bad as them if you instigate violence. YOU will be the scum, the dregs of society you so vehemently cry about. As I said, and I did say it, a few broken bones are nothing in the scheme of things.

SoLawny.png

Read the last few posts. You guys were right and there will be no first move from me, but I'm getting pissed of just having to wait around until something happens to me or, even worse in my opinion, one of my friends.

Today I did about all that can be done at this point, requested to change a few class periods with him in them. Hopefully it will start to die down a bit if this goes through, and we can forget about this. Hopefully.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

All I'm wondering is "what's taking this guy so long?" You made this thread last week or so sayng he's been threatening you and still nothing. If you have to wait around for something to happen...something might not happen.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

All I'm wondering is "what's taking this guy so long?" You made this thread last week or so sayng he's been threatening you and still nothing. If you have to wait around for something to happen...something might not happen.

I made this thread on Saturday. I meant to make it on Wednesday, but if I had made it then it would have been on a different group of people, and less about this guy.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I don't like repeating myself either. This is nothing special, they are nothing special, you and your friends are nothing special. Welcome to the real world. What you are talking about doing IS criminal. You are just as bad as them if you instigate violence. YOU will be the scum, the dregs of society you so vehemently cry about. As I said, and I did say it, a few broken bones are nothing in the scheme of things.

There's a world of difference between hurting an innocent person and hurting a guilty person. That's not to say I think this case deserves it, but in the right context violence can actually be beneficial.

Today I went to school and noticed the people around me, remembering this thread. And it's amazing to see how much I progressed. It was a year or two ago, I felt school was a filled with a bunch of idiots. That *I* was better than all of them in some moraled sense. But I had to think critically. Who's the guy who has more friends? Who has a girlfriend? Who has achieved something? Not me. So it couldn't be that I was better than them, because if I was, wouldn't I have at least all these positions filled? So obviously, I wasn't better than them (In the social sense, disregarding morals/criminal activities, etc).

I was thinking something like this last week too, before this thread was made according to Dizzle. I was asking the question, "Why should I bother in achieving anything great socially?" After all, schools do have a lot of idiots in them and I was falling a bit back into my previous thinking. And for some reason, I thought of Samwise's quote in LOTR: "That there is some good in the world, blah blah." Then on Thursday, we had a earthquake drill; so an hour standing in the football field doing nothing. Naturally you can't keep a school of teenagers amoung classes for long before they spread out to chat with friends. So it was then, I was hanging out with my best friend and some of his minor friends, that I somewhat knew. And it was then that I realized, using Samwise's quote, that there IS good people in the worldschool. The guys and girls I was there with me in the football field were overall-good moraled people, weren't douches, and weren't socially outcasts; but rather, socially acceptable and successful. And I knew there were more out there like them throughout the entire school, so that reassured me.

--

Quite a long story, but I think it has great relevance (to a degree) to this thread.

But anyway, Dizzle, if you're saying that the majority of the school are good people separately but not in a group, then that should reassure you. As I said in my first post, after High School, they're not going to see their group friends anymore. After High School it's mostly independent. And you said yourself, they are good people when by themselves! Winner!

As for the bully problem, I would watch out. If you confidently believe in the threat, go after him if you want. Or prepare for it. Up to you. Not much I, or anybody else, can do for you in the act of self-inflicting justice.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Nick, I can't answer that post with a sentence, so I'll just say this: =D>

Everything about that post was just perfect.

The only "social accomplishment" that I kind of take issue with is having a girlfriend. Now in most cases this is fine, when it's two people that really care about each other. But it seems alot of people my age do it just so they can say they have a girlfriend.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

If someone actually makes you question your safety, the best thing to do usually isn't to make a confrontation about it unless you're sure you'll come out on top. And if that were the case you probably wouldn't be worried about getting hurt.

Anyways, I'm actually an insanely shy and modest guy (Surprising, right? Or maybe not, I am an internet addict after all) so I tend to notice my flaws more than in other people. Or I could be wrong and I just happen to suck a lot more than the average person. However I'm going to try to evaluate the people around me from an unbiased viewpoint. I'm not sure it'll work, since I already generally like and understand the people around me or just avoid the ones I don't like.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

• 3 weeks later...

People aged 13-18 are, in general, total douchebags.

Not all of us are total douchebags though, just about 80%.

Worse than that in many places... and there are different degrees of douchebaggery:

50% of the population is a douchebag

20% are severe douches

10% are mulitple -douche offenders

10% are violent repeatedly doucheloaded offenders

5% are severely, perpetually offensively violent and insane male douches

4% of the population just sucks.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

i find most socially adequate people to be jerks and disrespectful to other people. its because the restrictions we have on teenagers and youths is not capable of controlling the wrong influence. its kind of stupid that the bandwagon (or the majority) have to put down others and people find it OK to do so...i even have many problems with students in my OWN school today. nobody respects others anymore. its becoming more appropriate to break rules and play jokes on others for self gratification. i have students in my TA class that don't bother to learn at all, and only go to school to play around during class. to emphasize, those people have lots of friends, GF, and basically anything that fits the criteria of social needs. so why is its encouraged so much? why do people have to tell others (especially in the internet) that they need to get a life?

life, as i know it, is hanging around, being irresponsible, being funny by playing jokes/spreading rumors/putting down others, having a GF that will cheat on you someday, sports that have a high ratio of damaging your body...and even breaking the law...i know i just generalized so much that some of you may flame me, but that's ok. honestly, because i don't care anymore. i play runescape everyday, and only play runescape, all for the good reasons: because i feel comfortable being able to express myself and doing what i feel more appreciated on.

I could care less if people do drugs, cuss, flick me off, rob a gas station store or whatnot. What I care about is people allowing causing people to suffer, close-mindedness, arrogance, and the fact that humans are basically a bunch of homogeneous desire machines. I wish we were different. I know that not everyone is like that, but that those people bring everyone else down. All humans are pretty much the same, they just differ depending on what you poke or inject them with. their surroundings and upbringing.

Thanks for very nearly summarizing my thoughts. Corrections made within.

OP:

I've witnessed a shift, starting mildly in middle school and now growing dangerous in my senior year.

School is like a prison for those who have no want to be there. Being nice and courteous to other human beings shows you as weak. Trying to act 'hard' shows you as assertive, not to be messed with. It garners respect.

Of course, that's countering everything I've grown up with: Respect others and they'll respect you. But guess what. The people you go to school with won't just die off once you don't see them anymore. The people you see in the future, the ones to be considered your peers, are likely to be an equal reflection of the people you're forced to tolerate right now. Because if the ones I'm around haven't cleaned it up by their last year of high school, when are they going to change? It paints a worsening portrait for the future of humanity. After all, children (<-interchangeable) are the future, right?

2dgucz6.png