Adventurer's Log - Updated 18th November

Carl

You'll find that clicking on a player's forum avatar image will take you to that player's Adventurer's Log – a new website feature where you can check all sorts of interesting facts about your character. From current quest progress to recent personal events, you'll be able to get the latest news on your and other players' accounts. If you've visited Iconis's Photo Booth, there'll even be a couple of pictures of your character.

As you play we'll be generating interesting news about your character's experiences: high-level NPCs killed, expensive monster drops, and even player kills made on PvP Worlds will be logged. You can also look at other players' logs (if they're public) and compare characters. We feel we've covered a broad selection of newsworthy events, but would love to hear your ideas for what else you might like to see.

Be advised that every player's Adventurer's Log is publicly viewable by default, but you can set your profile to be available to 'Friends only', or make it 'Private' so only you can see it. Regardless of your Log's privacy setting, your 'Time Played' information will only be visible by you. The Adventurer's Log can also be accessed via the website's Community menu, or by clicking here.

We also like to point out that it's possible for members to directly link to the images of their avatar as taken in the Photo Booth. These are the images displayed both on the forums and in the Adventurer's Log. The process for doing so is quite straightforward, and is explained here

Mod Dylan

RuneScape Content Developer

1. What is the Adventurer's Log?

The Adventurer's Log is a feature on the RuneScape website which allows you to view your statistics, your recent activities, and your forum avatar. You are also able to view other players' Adventurer's Logs.

To access the Adventurer's Log, either click here or hover over the 'Community' tab at the top of the RuneScape front page and select 'Adventurer's Log'. You will need to log in to see your own details, or simply type in a player's name to view the details of someone else (as long as that player's profile is visible).

2. How can I compare myself with my friends?

To compare your statistics with that of another player, you will need to be logged in. You can do this from the RuneScape front page by clicking on the 'Log in' button on the top-right of your screen, or by logging in when you access the Adventurer's Log.

To compare your stats with another player, click on 'Compare Hiscores', underneath another player's stat levels. This button will take you to the compare page of the Hiscores, and you can click on any player's name to compare your statistics with them.

Alternatively, there is a 'Search other users' box in the top-right of the screen, which allows you to type in any player's name and find them with ease. This will take you to another player's Adventurer's Log, rather than their Hiscores, and their profile must be visible for you to access it.

3. How do I add avatars to my Adventurer's Log?

To add a full-size avatar and chathead avatar to your Adventurer's Log (seen in the top-left of the log, underneath the name of your character) you will need to access the in-game Photo Booth and create them there. For more information, read the Photo Booth article.

4. How can I change my privacy settings?

You may not wish for everyone to view your statistics and recent events. Your profile is defaulted to 'Public' but this can be changed using your 'Settings' button, located on the left-hand side of the Adventurer's Log, underneath your 'Time Played' statistic.

Click on this button and you will be able to toggle between 'Public', 'Friends Only' or 'Private':

* Public - Everyone is able to view your profile. Your recent events will also be visible on other people's Adventurer's Logs.

* Friends Only - Your profile will only be visible to people on your Friends List. Your recent events will no longer appear in other people's Adventurer's Logs.

* Private - Only you can view your profile and recent events.

5. Why can't I see another player's Adventurer's Log?

If you cannot see another player's Adventurer's Log, then it is likely that they have set their privacy settings to limit the number of people who see their profile. To view another player's Adventurer's Log, they must have their privacy settings set to 'Public', or to 'Friends Only' (as long as you are on their Friends List). Please see question 4 to find out how to set your privacy settings.

It is also possible that the player you are searching for has been banned, has not started playing RuneScape, or they are not currently a member.

6. Why are my details not up to date?

Your Recent Event details will not update until ten minutes after an event happens. This is the same for other players: you will have to wait ten mintutes to view their updated Recent Events.

Hi everyone,

I can't comment much on the Adventurer's Log at the moment, but I can confirm that it is not possible to see anyone else's Friends List.

As some of you have suspected, the website feature was launched quietly to make sure it was running properly. I can't give you an estimate on when it will be relaunched, but rest assured we want to make sure it's as useful as possible for all of you.

Mod Kat

The only person who can see your in-game time will be you, so please don't worry about other players being able to see that.

Mod Kat

Hello everyone

As a lot of you have already noticed, we've launched a (slightly hidden :@) preview of the new Adventurer's Log system.

It isn't currently linked to as we are still performance testing it - our players make very good guinea pigs! ^_^

So, in case you haven't found it, here's an official link to it for you to peruse at your leisure:

http://services.rune...dventurers-log/

Please bear with us if you notice something wrong with it; we originally launched this yesterday and have spent some time tweaking it to make it more resilient to the vast amount of load it's already received!

O_o What does it do? O_o

Well, you can see your (and your friends') recent events (like level ups, quest completions, boss monster kills etc) as well as your current skill stats, your current avatar, and (when you've logged in) you can see your current friend list (just yours though!), as well as your total time you've spent in RuneScape!

Soon, we'll be officially launching it, and posting more information about how it works and what it does in the customer support section of the website. I'm not going to commit to a date though!

Hope you enjoy using it; we've enjoyed making it (just be gentle with your feedback! :P)

Mod_Seb and Mod_Svend

p.s. Few things to note:

> Only members have an Adventurer's Log!

> The friend events you see are based on your clan-chat rankings; it will display up to 20 ranked friends, or 10 unranked friends (sorted by most recently added).

:)

Quick find code: 15-16-242-59802097

(Second half snipped from Smellysocks' thread)

Discuss. :smile:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, so the log automatically updates for you? For example if I err lets say get a solo bandos hilt, it will say that I have killed Garr and received a bandos hilt? Or do I have to enter the thing myself. If is the latter then it sounds like a blog. :lol:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I snuck a look before they removed the actual feature from the website. ;) You can see your total playing time when logged in, can't see others. I've been doing on average over 50k xp an hour while logged in since my accounts creation. Feel free to figure out my hours logged in if you want.

Will be fun to compare with everyone once it's properly released. :)

EDIT: gromhell it auto-updates

yikes... so the leaked picture was real?

I don't want to know how long I've been logged in, its like seeing how much of my life I've wasted :P

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

yikes... so the leaked picture was real?

I don't want to know how long I've been logged in, its like seeing how much of my life I've wasted :P

My way of looking at it is If it wasn't on runescape It'd be on the xbox/playstation or the tv.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Well that's interesting. It seems that the "fake" interface floating around here just got a lot more credibility. It'll probably be one of the best updates this year; I've always been curious as to how long I've played.

Nice find, Carl. :D

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I'm guessing they [Jagex] didn't realise that people would find it easily.

Makoto - I didn't find it, someone came into Mod Mmg's cc and said it. :thumbup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Makoto - I didn't find it, someone came into Mod Mmg's cc and said it. :thumbup:

They expected people to find it because its a decoy.

*Fluffy: DECOY!!!!!!!!*

Wouldn't have expected someone in MMG's chat to have found it, but that's cool anyway - even so, someone would've eventually found it and posted it someplace. :P

What're they distracting us from?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Wouldn't have expected someone in MMG's chat to have found it, but that's cool anyway - even so, someone would've eventually found it and posted it someplace. :P

The actual update from the twitter hint.

....Or something else bigger.

Also November is coming up. :twisted:

Horseriding and Sailing. :thumbup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Wonder if this'll be released today (fully) then? Not sure I want to see my total time played, going to be very high considering that my stats suck :P

It can't be much worse than my WoW playtime where I had about 25 days played over a period of 6 months :ohnoes:... can it?

Expecting it to be >250, not sure though. Always wanted this feature though so really looking forward to it.

Wonder if this'll be released today (fully) then? Not sure I want to see my total time played, going to be very high considering that my stats suck :P

It can't be much worse than my WoW playtime where I had about 25 days played over a period of 6 months :ohnoes:... can it?

Expecting it to be >250, not sure though. Always wanted this feature though so really looking forward to it.

Although I don't really want to see my playtime, I'm too curious to not look. It'll be something crazy.. :ohnoes:

I'm hoping it'll be today, I didn't realise today wasn't a Bank holiday in the UK.

RIP Michaelangelopolous