The American Football thread

IeatWindex

^ Their ownership / management [bleep]ed them. They're way under cap last I heard and lost a lot of talent, including Ochocinco who was by far their best player.

The Eagles are all hype. We saw how Vick crumbled under pressure and Andy Reid has yet to put together a Super Bowl caliber team.

Right, like when he crumbled under pressure in this game. Vick's alleged crumbling had a lot to do with the patchwork O Line, which has been improved considerable. Reid has put together a Super Bowl caliber team, but McNabb choked hard (something Vick won't do) along with a few other key guys.

Our defense has improved drastically, with some of the best players in the league. Not only that but we have a top 5 QB and a line to protect him, one of the best WRs out there and a running core to be feared.

Like I said before, Eagles going all the way.

So, just to go over things again. The Redskins are atop the NFC East at 3-1 and the Eagles--in the same division--have lost their last three to go to 1-3 with their only win coming against the lowly Rams.

I know it's only four games into the season, but it's probably not a good start for a team that plans on "going all the way."

By the way, my Packers are 4-0. :grin:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

By the way, my Packers are 4-0. :grin:

So are the Lions. I really want to see the undefeated Packers face the undefeated Lions on Thanksgiving. Would be the game of the past decade for me.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I'm feeling like a browns fan...

Indy is looking forward to the draft.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

The Lions can't keep relying on 2nd half comebacks if they want to have a successful season.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Upsetting game by the Titans...it looked promising in the start with the first drive, but the momentum instantly shifted to Pittsburg for the rest of the game. Meh, hopefully the bye week will give us time to recuperate.

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

My native Seahawks won today, but I don't really care though, I hardly ever get a chance to watch them anymore. Disappointed that the Jets (the team I put my support behind) lost for the second week in a row.

My alma mater moved up to 18th in the AP top 25 (ASU) ! Pretty pumped about that, and that I'll have a chance to see them in action when I head to AZ halloween/homecoming weekend! I'm very surprised the University of Washington has yet to break into the top 25 this season despite being the 4th best team in the Pac-12 currently with their record. If they keep playing as well as they have they might have a chance to break it next week against Colorado before they have to play Stanford.

tFtfA.jpg

My Bengals are 3-2. Seriously, someone pinch me please.

I'm gaining confidence in the Andy Dalton/ AJ Green combo. Looks like a solid pair in the making. That and the defense made a couple great goalline stands to force field goals. I was impressed.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

great year to live in wisconsin and be a packers / badgers fan :)

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/wis-m-footbl-sched.html

mmm gotta love workin them badger football games!

any predictions on what bowl the badgers will go to ?

I like getting hard when I PK

Michigan State played very sloppy last Saturday against overrated Michigan. I read that Michigan advanced more yards on MSU from penalties than by offensive yards. If MSU plays as bad as they did against Notre Dame or Michigan, then the game won't even be close. Wisconsin definitely has a great team this year and I think they'll be able to come out on top this game. Hopefully Wisconsin's offense and MSU's defense will be able to provide a great game, though.

I agree with you on the BCS rankings, by the way. I have to admit that Big 10 teams have a nasty habit of being overrated, even if it is my favorite conference.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Clemson is 8-0!!! Woo!

And to make it even better, Wisconsin lost in an instant classic to Michigan State, GO SPARTY! Paved the way for Clemson to move on up. Oklahoma is getting TORCHED at home right now by unranked Texas Tech. Go red raiders!

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, with LSU and Alabama playing this week, who has who winning?

I personally want Bama to win, since Nick Sabin is a West Virginia guy. But if LSU wins, it would help WVU in the BCS rankings since LSU beat us.

Also happy to hear that WVU has been formally accepted into the Big 12. And from across the board, all the Big 12 schools are happy that we are joining. I am very VERY happy to hear this. But with this comes the fact that the Big East doesn't want us to leave, and they are going to fight tooth and nail for us to wait the 27 month hold over period. I would like to think...that we will somehow get around that, probility with money paid to the Big East. The exit fee was 5Mill, but will be raised as soon as SMU, CFU, and Houston joins the Big East. Then the exit fee will become 10mill. I am going to guess that WVU pays the Big East the 10mill exit fee to get around the hold over. I could be wrong, but in this money driven era of football I think it will work on this as well.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Penn State just made Miami look like Angels. Wow. Joe Pa is done at Penn State, mark it down.

Ok maybe Penn State and Miami are on par, but still. Penn State goes MUCH deeper then football. Miami was just under the surface of football.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Penn State just made Miami look like Angels. Wow. Joe Pa is done at Penn State, mark it down.

Ok maybe Penn State and Miami are on par, but still. Penn State goes MUCH deeper then football. Miami was just under the surface of football.

Agreed.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Man, the vikings are not in a good spot this year. We're sucking for luck it seems, yet we just drafted Ponder..

Your just out of luck to be honest. You all drafted Ponder...it would be a damn shame if the Vikings drafted Luck.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

The Eagles are all hype. We saw how Vick crumbled under pressure and Andy Reid has yet to put together a Super Bowl caliber team.

Right, like when he crumbled under pressure in this game. Vick's alleged crumbling had a lot to do with the patchwork O Line, which has been improved considerable. Reid has put together a Super Bowl caliber team, but McNabb choked hard (something Vick won't do) along with a few other key guys.

Our defense has improved drastically, with some of the best players in the league. Not only that but we have a top 5 QB and a line to protect him, one of the best WRs out there and a running core to be feared.

OH HEY!!!!

Remember when I said this? Going all the way, eh? :shades:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

OH HEY!!!!

Remember when I said this? Going all the way, eh? :shades:

Haha nice gloat :P

But yeah, the eagles have not been great.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti