IeatWindex

The American Football thread

Well, we did it. Number 1 overall pick.

And in other news, Bill Polian and his son Chris Polian fired. While Bill built the Colt's superbowl team, Chris stunk it up big time. Not sad to see either one go.

Now if only we can get rid of Jim Caldwell and replace him with Jim Tressel.

If I was Jim Irsay and I had the number 1 overall pick, I'd try to trade for 3-4 first round draft picks.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I'm going with NO.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

NO, GB, or PIT probably. NO would be my top choice, though.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Green Bay. Here's why--

I think both Atlanta and New Orleans will win their first games. Atlanta won't stand a chance at Lambeau in the winter. New Orleans wins as well against the 49ers and New Orleans won't stand a chance in the Breezy wintery Lambeau conditions either. Packers in the Super Bowl and just because I'm a biased Wisconsinite, no one in the AFC will touch Green Bay. Rodgers is good outdoors in the cold and unstoppable in a dome.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Saints are the hottest team out there right now IMO.

Patriots and Packers' defenses will hold them back.

Steelers are too beat up.

I see it:

Ravens vs. Patriots in the AFC

Packers vs. Saints in the NFC

Saints vs. Ravens Super Bowl

Saints win.

And for the record, Bengals over Texans this Saturday.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

If I had to put money on it...I'd say NO. They are just on a roll right now. I want to see SF for some odd reason though. Just the season they has, compared to a year ago is amazing.

On the college level. People knew the WVU CU game was going to be a blow-out...just not by WVU. Too all of those who picked CU over WVU, mainly one kirk herbstreit

*ahem*

[email protected][email protected]

We are in elite company now. If I am not mistaken, we are one of only 3 three teams to have won the fiesta, the sugar, and the orange bowl.

It's a great day to be a mountaineer where ever you may be!

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Stay classy, New Orleans.

396552_10150503740283605_95004133604_8823607_323852737_n.jpg

Hopefully, this "kitty" will get a few sacks to help make a game out of it on Saturday evening:

suh2.jpg

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I hope the Texans can beat the Bengals Saturday, though I don't see it happening.

I really hope we get a Harbaugh Brothers Super Bowl. 49ers v. Ravens.

And that was my story.

I really hope we get a Harbaugh Brothers Super Bowl. 49ers v. Ravens.

THAT would be amazing!

I'd pull like hell for my Ravens. I love Ray Rice, Ray Lewis, and Suggs... :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Can't wait to watch some playoff football, no matter what teams are playing. Hurry up Saturday!

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

My reactions throughout the course of the Lions game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYEJx7PkWE

Hamtaro.png

Saints and Texans today. No surprises there.

I love Darren Sproles.

polvCwJ.gif

Well, glad to see my team made it past the first round! :twss:

I hope they can do better than the did against the ravens in the regular season next week.

And that was my story.

Turning point in the Bengals game was that interception return for a TD off the deflected pass. Oh, well. Young team that I didn't even think would win 4 games. Can't be unhappy.

That Broncos/Steelers finish was :blink: . Yeah. That happened.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Teboowwwwwwwwww

polvCwJ.gif

God still doesn't give a shit about NFL football. I can't stand Tebow and his "I'm gonna blow sunshine up everyone's ass" type of play. I'm all for positivity, but that guy is just too much. He had one hell of a game though, I can't take that away from him. He deserved it.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

God still doesn't give a shit about NFL football. I can't stand Tebow and his "I'm gonna blow sunshine up everyone's ass" type of play. I'm all for positivity, but that guy is just too much. He had one hell of a game though, I can't take that away from him. He deserved it.

Im going to say this and lave it be. If you want to discuss it do it through PM.

Tebow does not pray to help him win. He prays so he can serve the Lord and preform to the best of his abilities. Of course God doesn't give two shits about football. I'm not even a religious person yet I respect him for it, and when I see comments like this it just makes me so angry. Who cares if he prays during the game? Who cares if he mentions his lone for the lord on TV? I mean, it's pointless in my opinion to care so much over a man's faith, especially someone like Tebow.

Now on football you have every reason to pick him apart. The last game against KC he was 6-22 for 50 yards and 2 turnovers. Now for that he deserved to be criticized, but for the love of whatever there out there people need to leave his love of the lord alone.

[/rant]

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

I agree. Way too many people want to see him fail just because he's religious and lets people know it.

He may be unorthodox, but he's finding ways to win. And the win against the steelers, that was him coming through in a clutch moment.

polvCwJ.gif

I had a hockey coach who was nearly a clone of the way Tebow carries himself on the bench and field. The over-positive stuff bugs the hell out of me. He's welcome to have his faith and I don't have a problem with it, but I would prefer if he didn't publicize it. Not that anything I say will ever stop him, just my perspective.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

His defence helped. Game could've been beyond them in the first fifteen had they not limited Ben to two field goals. Tebow couldn't buy a first down in the opening two possessions. OK, he came up good in the end and fair play for the three or so big plays he made but... can he afford that against the Pats next week? My money's on Brady showing a QB masterclass just like he did only a month ago.

Oh I agree, I don't think they'll come close to outgunning NE. But Tebow did come through well against Pittsburgh.

polvCwJ.gif

Let's go Packers!!! Shrink those Giants!

phpFffu7GPM.jpg