The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

Yeah, the finals haven't been that exciting. The only thing I'm looking forward to right now is Bettman being booed by the fans again after someone wins the Cup.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

There isn't a single ticket on stubhub for game 4 under a $1000. Here I am naive enough to assume I could find a 300 level seat for under $200. Going to try and see if I can get some friends together and go watch the game done at one of the bars next the Staple Center.

tFtfA.jpg

There isn't a single ticket on stubhub for game 4 under a $1000. Here I am naive enough to assume I could find a 300 level seat for under $200. Going to try and see if I can get some friends together and go watch the game done at one of the bars next the Staple Center.

Heh yeah that tends to happen. At least you don't live in canada...I think the cheapest tix to game 7 van boston last year were going for 5 grand. If toronto was in a similar situation I wouldn't be surprised to see that number reach 10g.

@Faux: Really? Parise hasn't done much but I do think he's played pretty hard..he has more shots than kovy...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

@Faux: Really? Parise hasn't done much but I do think he's played pretty hard..he has more shots than kovy...

Maybe because I'm accounting for Kovy playing injured. Playing 25-27 mins a night in his status is impressive.

True, but not if he looks disengaged the entire time lol

polvCwJ.gif

Neither team looked all that impressive in the third period. I wouldn't be surprised if NJ took Game 5 too.

I'm just glad there's still more hockey. Other than a rare international soccer game, there's no more sports until the Olympics once hockey is over :(.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Kings are now 1-3 in game 4s this playoffs, so statistically I was prepared for the Devils to win, I really want to see the sweep though and then see how LA would have reacted winning it at home. That power play in third was awesome though. That was probably one of the coolest things I've seen.

tFtfA.jpg

Admirals sweep the Marlies to win the Calder cup.

I'm not too surprised...we just didn't have the offensive depth with Frattin and Kadri out, plus the Admirals were about as stacked a team as I've seen...

polvCwJ.gif