The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

I actually enjoy watching the yotes haha

Hard for me to stomach defensive teams. I could barely watch the NJ-FLA series

Yeah, that was a boring series. But I find the yotes (while being defensively oriented) still create enough offence to make things interesting.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Bryzgalov is bad and he should feel bad. 3 goals in the 3rd period =\

Yep. Flyers are going to have a real big problem on their hands as soon as they face a good defensive team.

polvCwJ.gif

And thar goes philly. I'm surprised it was NJ, but not surprised they're out. Have fun with Bryzglolov for the next 9 years :D

polvCwJ.gif

Not surprised about Philly at all. I am, however, shocked about Phoenix and L.A. I would have never guessed either of them would make it to the conference finals, let alone both of them. Should actually make a good series.

Also hoping that New York can close out the series tomorrow. New York/New Jersey would be pretty interesting also.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Canada stomps Kazakhstan today. Can't say I'm surprised, but they (KZK) did play pretty well for the first half of the game.

And NYR eliminates WSH - not surprising either. Series ended up being exactly like I thought and could really have gone either way..

LAK vs PHX - LAK in 7

NYR vs NJ - NYR in 6

LA-NYR final...LA in 6

polvCwJ.gif

• 2 weeks later...

i think i jinxed it. this rags-devils game is pretty darn good

for someone who's playing against someone as overrated as "king henrik", brodeur just showed how [bleep]ing clutch he is. what a legend.

Do the Kings stand a chance to win the cup?

it'd be an upset if they don't win.

jersey/LA final, just like everyone predicted :P

Oh yeah, and my bracket is still perfect too :wink:.

No, but in all seriousness, won't this be the first time that either an 8 seed or a 6 seed will have won the Cup since the 16 team format was used?

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Glad to see LA pick up the win last night. It was a surprisingly closer game than I would have expected, though.

As for Lidstrom's retirement, congrats to him on an amazing career. This means we more than likely picked up Suter and another big-name defenseman with all that open salary cap space.

Hamtaro.png