The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

Any excitement going into this game is now gone. I want LA to win, but this is just monotonous waiting for LA to raise the Cup now...

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Not really happy with this game. I don't mind if LA gets the cup, but I hate to see a playoff game (especially when its a final) get decided by 3 goals on a 5 minute major penalty, though kudos to them for managing to hang on for a double minor and another minor, and still be able to score one.

It's also a shitty way to win the cup since it really looks like he took a dive to get the major penalty as well (reinforced by him coming back in the second).

Almost worse than seeing it go to shoot out (cool as they are, I'd rather see victory determined by actually playing hockey, not an entirely different game).

Yeah, it's comforting that there are no shootouts in the playoffs at least. If there were, I think I'd switch to football permanently.

I don't think Scuderi dove, his injury was real...but he put himself into a vulnerable position by turning into the boards. Stupid play.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

At this point though, I'm just looking forward to the handshake line to see if anything happens.

Nothing will happen lol, I can pretty much guarantee it. This series has been pretty tame by normal standards, and even then stuff almost never happens in the handshake line. (Boston/vancouver last year was about as dirty/rough as we've seen in the past ten, and nothing happened)

polvCwJ.gif

At this point though, I'm just looking forward to the handshake line to see if anything happens.

Nothing will happen lol, I can pretty much guarantee it. This series has been pretty tame by normal standards, and even then stuff almost never happens in the handshake line. (Boston/vancouver last year was about as dirty/rough as we've seen in the past ten, and nothing happened)

I just one good punch to the face and I'll be satisfied.

tFtfA.jpg

I just one good punch to the face and I'll be satisfied.

Keep hoping lol, you won't get it.

polvCwJ.gif

Yeah this series is a disappointment after the last two SCFs.

But Kings probably don't care. Gratz to the LA Kings franchise for their first ever Stanley Cup!

My Conn Smythe goes to Brodeur. Yes, Quick has also been amazing but Kings is a stacked team compared to NJ.

Yeah this series is a disappointment after the last two SCFs.

But Kings probably don't care. Gratz to the LA Kings franchise for their first ever Stanley Cup!

My Conn Smythe goes to Brodeur. Yes, Quick has also been amazing but Kings is a stacked team compared to NJ. NJ wasn't supposed to make it past the 2nd round.

I agree. I think brodeur has really been the definition of MVP this year for the devils. Pity quick will win...

polvCwJ.gif

Do you get fined if you don't shake hands?

Nope

Gratz to Quick winning. But it's unfortunate for Brodeur. Did they know NJs top pair was Zidlicky and Salvador? Lol

Philly fans before this season "Carter and Richards party too much and will never win the cup" :lol:

Do you get fined if you don't shake hands?

Nope

Gratz to Quick winning. But it's unfortunate for Brodeur. Did they know NJs top pair was Zidlicky and Salvador? Lol

I'm sure they did, really hard to award a conn smythe to a loser though

polvCwJ.gif

Congrats to the Kings on winning their first Stanley Cup. There's nothing quite like watching the captain raise the Stanley Cup. My room is extremely warm right now and even I got chills watching the winning ceremony.

Also, glad to see Bettman booed again. This is a tradition that I hope lasts until he's finally dismissed for incompetency (if that's even possible).

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Nice to see history being made. Not a whole lot of teams left that have never won the cup, so getting to see it happen for the first time for any team is pretty awesome. Also, since I consider the kings to be the superior team in terms of overall skill anyway, its nice for them win on home ice where all their fans can enjoy it.

I do feel bad for Brodeur though. Really like him (though quick is also really good, and has an awesome name for a golie). Just a bit disapointed that you pretty much knew it was over in the first half of the first period. I like the final game to be a really good one.

And now I am wondering if Brodeur will retire or not. I figured he would for sure if the Devils won, though he does have 3 of them already so its not like he needs to come back for a fourth. I also wonder who our new team Canada golie will be, since I figure if Brodeur does do another season, it will be the last one, and he'll retire before the winter olympics.

Also, no hockey for like 3 months now :(

I don't think brodeur will retire, I think he'll play one more year. Team canada goalies will generally revolve around Luongo, Ward, Fleury, and Price for the next few years.

polvCwJ.gif