The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

In case anyone still wants to make one, brackets can be made here: http://www.cuppick.com/

If you want to join, I even made a group for TIF: http://www.cuppick.com/group/843

Edit: Don't make the same mistake as me. Use your TIF name if you'd like to participate.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Unbelievable comeback by Philly. I thought Pittsburgh had the game won after the 1st.

As for the Wings/Preds game, the refs were horrible. They weren't one-sided, but they were calling penalties for the most frivolous things. There's no way the two least penalized teams in the NHL acquire that many penalties. I saw maybe 3 legit calls against Detroit and 2 against Nashville. The rest were terrible calls.

Officiating aside, Nashville played a hell of an impressive game. I think they're the real deal this year.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Canucks better wake up or they're toast.

It's just one game. Not time to panic yet.

Although if they don't win game 2, then they'll be in a tough spot.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Hope the Canucks win tonight. :).

Any site where I can make a fancy playoff bracket? (like Faux's)

Tonight's predictions:

New Jersey @ Florida: 3-1 for NJ.

Philadelphia @ Pittsburgh: 3-2 for Pittsburgh in OT.

Detroit @ Nashville: 4-2 for Detroit.

Los Angeles @ Vancouver: 5-2 for Vancouver. I can hope right? :rolleyes:.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I turned on the first game of the Kings-Cannucks game and it was intense. Couldn't believe it, I wish they had played like that when I saw them. If I don't end up going out tonight, I"ll probably watch the game for a bit.

tFtfA.jpg

pens-philly is the BEST series in this round. it's incredible. next game is just going to be filled with fighting.

i had pens winning this series but how can you not cheer for philly. they're just the comeback kids of NHL. can pens rally against them? probably not so everyone's bracket is broken :lol::lol:

as i'm typing this couturier scores his 3rd goal for a playoff hattrick. INSANE. how the heck did this guy get drafted so late ooooooh man.

I turned on the first game of the Kings-Cannucks game and it was intense. Couldn't believe it, I wish they had played like that when I saw them. If I don't end up going out tonight, I"ll probably watch the game for a bit.

Yeah, that's a good series. But if you think that is intense, try watching Philly-Pittsburgh lol.

Speaking of Philly/Pittsburgh...wow. Complete inability to defend on Pittsburgh's part. If they lose this series, all of Niskanen, Martin, Michalek and lovejoy should be replaced. Orpik and Letang are the only d-men they have who've played at all well this series.

polvCwJ.gif

pens-philly is the BEST series in this round. it's incredible. next game is just going to be filled with fighting.

i had pens winning this series but how can you not cheer for philly. they're just the comeback kids of NHL. can pens rally against them? probably not so everyone's bracket is broken :lol::lol:

as i'm typing this couturier scores his 3rd goal for a playoff hattrick. INSANE. how the heck did this guy get drafted so late ooooooh man.

I believe he was injured for a good part of the season, but going into the year (around the time of the 2010 draft) some scouts were ranking him #1, and you can see why.

polvCwJ.gif

I was glad to see the Wings tie up the series tonight, but the refs were still terrible for both teams. At least the refs let a few hits on Weber slide after that little stunt he pulled in game 1. Also, seeing Weber make the mistake that led to Emmerton's goal was very satisfying :grin:.

Hamtaro.png

Suter pushes one of our guys into Rinne and we get a penalty that leads to Weber's goal. Later on, we score with .1 seconds left and they claim time expired. Send these refs to the finals!

Hamtaro.png

Actually they reviewed the play in Toronto and you're right about the shot. I was thinking it was like basketball and soccer where if you shoot it before time expires, it still counts. Still should be 1-1, though.

Hamtaro.png

Refs have been sub-par this series, but Rinne was definitely on fire today.

Hamtaro.png

called it. giroux and crosby. letang with timmo. read with ??? plus so many scrums. this game is hockey. and there's people who want to get rid of fighting :unsure:

Yeah that was one of the best games I've ever seen. Philadelphia sure knows how to put on a show.

Hamtaro.png