Tip.it Kingdoms

The Dark Lord

Here we go.

[hide=General Information (Stuff for First Post?)]

[hide=History of the Huns]After the fall of the Hunnic Empire (the one for which Attila is famous for), the Huns were largely dispersed and broke all bonds of fellowship. However, years later, from the ashes a fire has been woken, from the shadows a light has sprung. The crownless once more are king. The Hunnic Empire was reborn.

The culture is largely the same, with horses being a central part of society, being treated by Huns as brethren. The army is renowned for their skill in mounted warfare, especially mounted archery. They are capable of hand-to-hand combat though. The Huns are still a relatively nomadic people, but they have established a few minor cities, and have begun to learn in the ways of building fortifications. Agriculture, especially animal husbandry, is the primary industry. Equality, freedom and education are highly valued in Hunnic society.

[/hide]

There aren't any real major Hunnic cities for me to name my cities after, so I'll steal names from Lord of the Rings (more specifically Rohan, since there are some similarities) for now.

[hide=Capital (Edoras)]

hometown1.png[/hide]

[hide=Updated World]

world1.png[/hide]

[hide=Techs]Agriculture

-Irrigation (2)

-Crop Rotation (2)

-Animal Husbandry (4)

-Basic Fertilizers (4)

-Farmsteads/Ranches (5)

Metal Working

-Copper Working (2)

Basic Construction

-Civilian Specialization (2)

[hide=Tree (My Researched Techs]2qnqvbl.png[/hide]Next tech(s):

-Copper Weapons (0/.5)

-Copper Tools (0/.5)

[/hide]

[hide=Unit Roster (Incomplete?)]

[hide=Light Cavalry (Swords/Pikes)]Typical light cavalry units. Fast and powerful on offense. Useless on defense.

OS - 10

DS - 1

RNG - 1

MS - 6

[/hide]

[hide=Light Cavalry (Archers)]The backbone of the Hunnic army. Extremely fast (I would've maxed it out but that probably would've been too unfair), efficient for hit-and-run tactics. Capable of doing a lot of damage, as long as they can evade enemy fire. Not very useful for defense, however.

OS - 12

DS - 1

RNG - 1-5

MS - 8

[/hide]

[hide=Infantry (Swords/Pikes)]Infantry with light armor. Mainly used for defense.

OS - 3

DS - 4

RNG - 1

MS - 2[/hide]

[hide=Archers]Archers with very little armor, allowing them to move quickly. Main unit for defending cities and forts.

OS - 2

DS - 6

RNG - 1-4

MS - 3[/hide]

[/hide][/hide]

So we're doing unique techs?

Trading system sounds fine.

Dunno about my current army size. About how many horses do I start with? 100-150 (200 is stretching it?) sound fair?

I probably forgot/missed something. :mellow:

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay then I am putting all that is necassary into ocean going craft (and herb medicine) and with the left I will put it into ag. fishing boats and basic infrastructure.

You can't get ocean going craft with what you have. That would require a total of around 60 points or more.

The tech tree isn't finished. Restricting people to only a few branches doesn't make sense. But, for people to get all the researches on the current tree it would take probably 50-100 days. I'm planning on adding more things where you can only pick one. Like slavery vs. emancipation, feudalism vs. democracy, towers vs. walls, those are the only 3 on the tree so far, but I'll put in more eventually.

Can people please just pick the techs, instead of just saying what three they're putting it into?

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

[hide=Techs][hide=Tree]florencetechs.png[/hide]

[hide="List]Census - 3

Irrigation - 2

Herbal Medicines - 4

Education - 5

Academies - 7

Total points spent: 21[/hide]

[hide=Effects] Increased crop yield. (?! what)

Death from disease -15%

Research points earned per turn increased by 25% [To 1.25]

Allows me to count my people (what)[/hide][/hide]

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

We haven't really got a food system worked out yet, but I'll add a percent in there once we get that down. And census is mostly just there to unlock new techs.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Oh, that's a good idea, listing out the effects of the techs you've researched. :thumbup: And I might use circling in the future, filling in the block doesn't look that great unless I spend some time on it.

So apparently I have:

-Increased crop yield around sources of fresh water

-Ability to use the same fields over multiple years

-25% increase for farming

-Ability to build farmsteads/ranches

-Improved yields of livestock

-Ability to make things with copper (apparently not tools, weapons, or armor though...)

-Ability to build civilian infrastructure

And okay, I have 200 horses. If that's more than average, I think it's still reasonable considering horses are a central part of my society. That means I have 100 Light Cavalry (Archers), and 100 Archers. I only have bows because I can't build with copper yet. :( (or do I have clubmen? :P )

doublesmileyface1.png

I have two points to spare as of 10/30.

In ~30 minutes I will have 3 points to spare. I intend on racking these up a bit.

May I suggest adding the costs of each tech to the tech tree template to avoid confusion, and constant window flipping?

tipitkingdomtechtree.png

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

No, Dungeon, that was just an example. There would be basic tech that everyone had. And then there would be specialized branches like advanced agriculture, upgraded walls and towers, etc. that would add more flavor to the game and make the civs more unique.

Look closely. "Tower specialization."

Still, the way you have it, once people have really old civs, everything will be the same. In my scenario, there will be more tactics because you'll have to identify and exploit your enemies strengths and weaknesses.

The tech tree isn't complete yet. At our current rate, it would take us exactly a year to research everything.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I would like to see strength and weaknesses added to each unit's attack and defense (if applicable). For example, pikemen aren't nearly as effective against archers as they are against cavalry.

[hide=First Half of Unit Descriptions]Militia

Spearmen: As the most numerous units in the Shu army, spearmen are often mass recruited from peasant levies. They are equipped with inexpensive spears tipped with a sharp iron point and hook which can be used to pull riders from their mounts. Although poorly armored and sometimes ill-fed, they can be effective if kept, and deployed, in dense formations on the battlefield.

OS: 6 (+3 against cavalry), DS: 3 (-1 against archers), MS: 4, RNG: 1

Skirmishers: Skirmishers usually advance in loose groups. Armed with a variety of both thrown and hand-held weapons, they are often used ahead of the main battle to disrupt enemy formations.

OS: 5 (+2 against archers), DS: 3 (-2 against cavalry), MS: 5, RNG: 1-3

Foot Soldiers

Shieldmen: The shieldman carries his most prominent piece of equipment in his left hand. The six-foot shield is fashioned from sturdy oak reinforced with heavy iron bands. With a slight concave surface and a minor taper on the bottom half, they perform an excellent job deflecting arrows and other thrown objects. Also lightly armed with a short stabbing sword.

Special Ability: Reduces the damage done to other foot units by 3 from archers if deployed together.

Men-at-arms: A professional soldier, men-at-arms are either hired for a specific campaign or retained as part of the permanent core of the Shu military. They are well armored and armed, and their experience makes them a dependable presence for the rest of the army.

OS: 10 (+2 against archers), DS: 5 (-2 against cavalry), MS: 3, RNG: 1

Pikemen: Clad in metal armor, and armed with a fifteen-foot steel pike, they are the well trained in cavalry deterrence maneuvers.

Missile Units

Bowmen: Archers that have received instruction with wooden bows and iron tipped arrows.

Crossbowmen: Crossbows deal a greater punch against armored targets. Their handlers wear a metal helmet and padded leather armor for balance of protection and ease of movement.

Zhuge Crossbowmen: Better trained than normal crossbowmen, they are equipped with an advanced weapon design. Featuring a drawback action and feeding mechanism, these semi-automatic crossbows can fire up to ten bolts per minute. This fast rate of fire does come with slightly reduced penetrating power and range.

OS: 10 (+5 against infantry), DS: 5, MS: 4, RNG: 1-3[/hide]

Mounted Soldiers, Siege Weapons, and Ships to come soon. Please note that not all of these units are available to the Shu immediately; many require research before being "unlocked."

Tact.gif

Granzi, that would be special ability, you should add that next to a units description. For example, Ares Biahorae's special is Armoured, which means his DS cannot be dropped. You could just use +3 OS versus cavalry or something.

2Xeo5.png

Research is now done on metalurgi, advanced stonecraft and astrology.

My workers have now found a copper mine, a tin mine and an iron mine.

My workers can now build up to five houses a day instead of four.

My astrologists have discovered that the stars can be used to point out the direction as well as make patterns.

I now start research on calendars and mining, these will be dine on Monday.

((Yes that means I won't go with Rocco's common tech tree.))

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Some points.

1) It's been agreed everyone's using the same tech tree.

2) Doom made that tech tree, not Rocco.

3) You get two unique techs if you so wish.

4) There is a system for how long research takes you.

5) Play by the rules, or get out.

[hide=Visen history]Around one thousand years ago the Visens' ancestors built boats and went to sea. There they inhabited many small islands and moved to a new one once the resources was used up. More recently some Visens found a larger island that they inhabited. The conditions on this larger island was different and so the Visens developed basic agriculture ect and became domiciled. [/hide]

[hide=Visen hometown]hometownj.png[/hide]

namnlskopia.jpg

Some points.

1) It's been agreed everyone's using the same tech tree.

2) Doom made that tech tree, not Rocco.

3) You get two unique techs if you so wish.

4) There is a system for how long research takes you.

5) Play by the rules, or get out.

Thing is:

1) Ross never agreed either.

2) I don't care.

3) Too few.

4) Not going to work.

5) The tree is not part of the rules.

6) That tech tree is a piece of crap, with 1000 b.c. techs in a 500 a.c. game.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Thing is:

1) Ross never agreed either.

2) I don't care.

3) Too few.

4) Not going to work.

5) The tree is not part of the rules.

6) That tech tree is a piece of crap, with 1000 b.c. techs in a 500 a.c. game.

1) Nor did he disagree, he just hasn't posted his support yet. What's your point?

2) Lose the arrogance Mather, it doesn't work well on you.

3) No, it's not too few, it's realistic. There is no reason why my scientists can't research exactly the same things as your scientists.

4) Er, yeah, yeah it is. Why would it not?

5) Uhm.. Yes it is? Check the first post. Y'know, where it says "Technology".

6) "a.c", eh? Alternating current?

I hate it when everyone makes list like this, it ALWAYS becomes a flame war.

What the hell!? your such a hypocrite.

Arrogance, and just rude.

Your not very clever, C and D are close on the keyboard. Kik your an idiot.

meatlover.png

No need for personal attacks Hex, I'm just enforcing the rules.

[hide]

[/hide]

C'mon, that was the equivelant of saying "I know you are but what am I"

meatlover.png

Hex, your hypocrisy astounds me. You make those lists all the time, if you haven't noticed yourself doing it. Dungeon was not being arrogant (If he was, it was very minor), and I have my doubts that you really understand the meaning of that word.

I actually do support the single tech tree, as well as thinking 2 unique techs is just fine.

Now Mather, play by the rules, or not at all.

2Xeo5.png

Giving us one tech tree that each is to follow removes any technical advantage a civilisation is supposed to have, mine's supposed to have the advantage of near perfect stonecraft and abillity to survive far away from resources.

Two personal techs are not going to fix that, it's like asking if someone wants candy and give them one jelly bean.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Your tribe isn't "supposed" to have anything - besides which, I'm fairly sure the Incas had plenty of resources. Yes, two unique techs is enough to set your tribe apart from the rest.

Are you saying that if someone offered you a sweet, but it was only one jelly bean, you'd moan at them for not being generous enough? Aside from the personal aspect of that, that's an awful analogy.

Y'know what else? It's funny that you picked up having "1000BC" techs in the tree, yet you're moaning because you want to be the master of stone crafting. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the stone age earlier than the bronze/iron ages? ;)

And even if you were to use your own tech tree, it should be approved first. Otherwise you could easily godmod and research 3 techs in a year (just like you just did).

And I'm sure most of the techs you want are already in there in some form or another. Doom also said the tech tree wasn't done. So make suggestions if you want some other techs.

doublesmileyface1.png

There's a list of the points you need for each in the OP, Rocco.

(Can people please use hide tags when they post large images? Images aren't resized in my browser.)

/sigh

Animal Husbandry - 4

Iron working - 4

Iron Weapons - 1

Basic Ship Building - 2

Fishing - 2

Medium Ship Building - 5

18 points. So you still have 4 to spend.