Items Kept on Death

Dire_Wolf

Bandos isn't too bad I've gotten a full KC in 4 minutes flat last time I died.

You said it yourself your friend was off guard ie not paying full attention. The death could have been avoided so its not really as clear cut as the game engine is wrong.

Like I said all the item in the game only have 3 true values; high alch, low alch and store price.

Anything extra is what the player is willing to pay.

From a player point of view your friend lost millions, from a game point of view he only lost a few thousand.

You can't change the protect items to work on GE or player pricing as setups would vary too greatly and none tradable items like void items would be lost pretty much every time.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said it yourself your friend was off guard ie not paying full attention. The death could have been avoided so its not really as clear cut as the game engine is wrong.

Like I said all the item in the game only have 3 true values; high alch, low alch and store price.

From a player point of view your friend lost millions, from a game point of view he only lost a few thousand.

You can't change the protect items to work on GE or player pricing as setups would vary too greatly and none tradable items like void items would be lost pretty much every time.

Your right you can get KC fast at Bandos, but in most cases you won't manage to get your stuff back. My friend was off guard when he died so what?

He was not off guard when it comes planning his equipment, he did that. He died because he was off guard. However when he died he accepted that, but never did he know a Rune platebody would protect over Armadyl.

I find that a flaw in the game, and i have NEVER SAID (Everyone keeps suggesting it)that when dieing 1) You should keep your items or majority of them 2) That items kept on death should be based on G.E.

However i have said:

That certain items that are high valued should receive fax alchemy price so that their true value is considered when dieing.

Now please, stop commenting or talking about something i have not suggested. If someone else have suggested a way then quote them so that there is no misunderstanding who the comment/post your writting is to.

EDIT:

Even i myself when i was using my Fire cape at PvP checked my equipment and arranged it so that i would still keep my Fire cape. Then when i picked up Farseer helm and got pked, i kept Farseer helm and lost Fire cape...

Fire cape is a item worth over 1M, because it takes 2 hour and skills to get it. So though there is not a price on the item, majority can agree it should cost over 1M if it did.

2 hours of time>1.5M = Green dragons (Also count that when getting Fire cape you use alot supplies)

You live and learn.

I agree and like that. But really unless we always click "Items kept on death" everytime we pick up a drop then we will have unfair times where we loose items we weren't supposed to loose.

Seriously i am all for losing items on death but it's really unfair that even when my friend planned his equipment he lost his Armadyl chest (When planned he would keep it) because of a Rune platebody which he and i did not know would protect over Armadyl.

Bad thing is...it was his second time losing Armadyl items at Bandos. But last time has nothing to do with this topic, just saying.

EDIT:

Just imagine this situation

You plan your equipment after 10 minutes, and your satisfied. You have used cheap items so that you get to use Armadyl plate because it is good to use for ranging and you will keep it with the equipment you have fixed.

Then you go to Bandos. You realize that dieing can happen as it's your first time to solo. So you go knowing you can die, but what you know is you will keep your Armadyl plate so your releived. Even though you will loose over 600K+ if you die it's okey if you keep your valued items.

So you kill boss, and you are caught off guard when he respawns again. You think "Darn i died" when you get hit 54, but you also accept it.

But then your surprised and shocked, Rune platebody (50K) is kept over Armadyl plate (20M).

That's exactly what happened to my friend and it's really unfair.

[spoiler=SirHemen]

Your right you can get KC fast at Bandos, but in most cases you won't manage to get your stuff back. My friend was off guard when he died so what?

He was not off guard when it comes planning his equipment, he did that. He died because he was off guard. However when he died he accepted that, but never did he know a Rune platebody would protect over Armadyl.

I find that a flaw in the game, and i have NEVER SAID (Everyone keeps suggesting it)that when dieing 1) You should keep your items or majority of them 2) That items kept on death should be based on G.E.

However i have said:

That certain items that are high valued should receive fax alchemy price so that their true value is considered when dieing.

Now please, stop commenting or talking about something i have not suggested. If someone else have suggested a way then quote them so that there is no misunderstanding who the comment/post your writting is to.

EDIT:

Even i myself when i was using my Fire cape at PvP checked my equipment and arranged it so that i would still keep my Fire cape. Then when i picked up Farseer helm and got pked, i kept Farseer helm and lost Fire cape...

Fire cape is a item worth over 1M, because it takes 2 hour and skills to get it. So though there is not a price on the item, majority can agree it should cost over 1M if it did.

2 hours of time>1.5M = Green dragons (Also count that when getting Fire cape you use alot supplies)

So void mace is worth about 4 to 5m, void armour from 2m to 5m, fighter torso 6 to 7m.

That logic is flawed badly.

What is the goal/aim of this topic?

To possibly create a change. It's not a rant, but meant to be constructive critism for Jagex.

Discuss and tell about your loses because of the flaw.

Highlighted the key words.

You wanted people opinions, but if I comment about them your complaining about me. Saying you never said it, did I ever once say you suggested GE pricing? No I merely said it was a possible solution which would work worse then the current system.

If you read my post again you'll notice the wording "You can't change the protect items to work on GE or player pricing". This is my opinion on the whole idea of players finding a fix for on death items, hence it being relevant to post in the same post as a quote by you.

You should notice I used different paragraphs to separate my post in sections. The first 2 are in direct reply to the the quote and if you read the last 2 you'll realize there a generalization (all items having 3 true values) and conclusion (player input being irrelevant on true item value).

I hate it when people instantly jump on posts when they see it as a personal attack. Sometimes its better to stand back and look at the post in relevance to the topic.

^Is not a personal attack I'd just like to clear somethings up which I think you took the wrong way.

To restate my previous comment players shouldn't have any impact to this base level of the game.

Look at all the things that have gone wrong due to people whining and complaining. You've got fletch x (horrible exp per hour compared to the past), offer x, 55% drain on magic short bow, 65% drain on dark bow, removal of extremes from any PvP activity and so on.

The moment you start letting players have influence on this level the game 9/10 changes for the worst.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

It's cool Joe. I made a similar thread once and people don't seem to be for it even though it's unfair. I don't always make a good first post, it's mostly later i remember what i should have put up in it.

I am a little aggressive because it's about the unfair disadvantage the flaw in items kept on death has and i hope that people focus on that rather of other things like:

1) Items kept on death being based on G.E (I don't think this will work because prices go up and down making it be unbalanced). So i expected people not suggesting or talking about such thing

2) Plan my equipment. I keep hearing this so much i get annoyed.

But do you agree or not Joe? Should the unfair disadvantage that i have mentioned, using my friends situation as a illustration good or bad from your view?

this may actually help with keeping the price of high end armour and weapons under control, if more are available in the market to circulate around, instead of getting removed from the system.

That's not true at all.

Like said a few posts up, The reason some armor items are so expensive is because things protect over them. Barrows helms are so expensive because you lose them. Making it so you keep the helm instead of other peices only means the helm would fall price, and the peice lost would rise.

Lets say the Helm fell in price, and the Legs rose. The legs would then keep over the helm, so helms would go up and keep over the legs ect. ect. It would be a never ending cycle. In the long run it wouldn't make things cheaper, it would just make them all equally expensive.

As for the cost system, in all honesty is a simple Risk vs Reward system. If you want better preformance you might be having to risk some items in order to get that preformance. Theres plenty of alternate options for equipment without large sacrafice in stats.

Example: Rune Gloves vs Barrows Gloves. Whats worth more to you, -3 in stats, or -15m in items?

I think you need to re-read my sentence.

EDIT: Nevermind, somehow I don't see the link between your post and mine. What's with the never-ending cycle of price change? What's with the risk VS reward? :shock: :shock:

You're saying that you prefer to always lose the same item out of the 4 barrows item in each set, so that the other 3 are kept low in price, while one item is forever kept high just because the death system removes this specific item every single time? I'm referring to sets that has useful set effect such that you always want to wear the whole thing.

Next, you're saying that the better the item (hence the higher the price), the more you should lose it when you die, because you chose to use it? So, what was the point of keeping the 3 'most valuable' items when you die, to mock yourself on how you lost a armadyl plate instead of a rune plate that you picked up as a drop?

My original post was about keeping items based on GE price, so that less people loses their claws and whips, demands drop, and price falls a little.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

You live and learn.

I agree and like that. But really unless we always click "Items kept on death" everytime we pick up a drop then we will have unfair times where we loose items we weren't supposed to loose.

Seriously i am all for losing items on death but it's really unfair that even when my friend planned his equipment he lost his Armadyl chest (When planned he would keep it) because of a Rune platebody which he and i did not know would protect over Armadyl.

Bad thing is...it was his second time losing Armadyl items at Bandos. But last time has nothing to do with this topic, just saying.

EDIT:

You plan your equipment after 10 minutes, and your satisfied. You have used cheap items so that you get to use Armadyl plate because it is good to use for ranging and you will keep it with the equipment you have fixed.

Then you go to Bandos. You realize that dieing can happen as it's your first time to solo. So you go knowing you can die, but what you know is you will keep your Armadyl plate so your releived. Even though you will loose over 600K+ if you die it's okey if you keep your valued items.

So you kill boss, and you are caught off guard when he respawns again. You think "Darn i died" when you get hit 54, but you also accept it.

But then your surprised and shocked, Rune platebody (50K) is kept over Armadyl plate (20M).

Unfair Maybe.

I dont mean to flame or rant, but it is his fault for not doing the research on the value of his Armadyl Plate beforehand. There are many websites, ie. Tipit, that show you the alch value price of the item. You can even offer the price in a general store to see the low alch price (wildy gen store for high alch price).

When he picked up the rune platebody he should have known that the value of the rune plate was more to begin with. Him not knowing that is a fault of him not doing his research. Sorry but its just that simple. Thats HIS fault for assuming just because something is valuable to players that its valuable to the game.

He could of had many other options to not lose the Arma. Imp Boxes, High alching the plate, putting the plate in a famliar. All of these options would have saved his Armadyl. But he didnt think, he just assumed someone else was right and went with it, and thats his fault. He learned his lesson and so did you.

The system is not flawed at all, its just your lack of desire to understand and research the system before you take part in it.

Dont just say this protects over this. You need to KNOW what the alch values are for items. Not necessarly down to the GP, but a general idea of what is more valauble to the game. If you get an item you know is high in alch value, you need to understand what your risking to the game has changed. I know the arma plate alchs for around 30k. If I get a drop that I know is around that price, Im either going to bank it somehow, or alch it.

Look at boss tables before hand. See what items you KNOW are more alch value that the items are risking. This is so you know what to pick up and what not to. Its not hard, it takes 5 minutes to do. You didn't do that and you payed the price for it.

dawnsigblue-3.png

The GE prices not only represents the demand of the item but also the supply. One of the main reasons the Saradomin sword is so high (besides inflation), is the fact that its a rare item in the game and hard to get.

I don't think the items kept on death system should consider the supply of items, only the demand. It makes sense that you should only judge an item's price on how good of an item it actually is (represented by demand), but now hard it is to get it (supply). So the alch values really aren't that flawed, except for a few ridiculous protect-overs.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

There are definitely some things that are messed up. Such as rune platebody protecting over Sara sword.

Personally, I think the LEVEL of the item should be taken into account rather than high alch price. that is to say, the level to wear said item.

with this system, whip/sarasword/gs etc would ALWAYS protect over rune platebody. it just doesnt make sense for a level 40 item, to protect over a level 70+ item.

Items of the same level would then revert back to the high alch value, so rune items, all level 40, would be kept on a basis of highest value, as is true now.

as for other items, such as crystal seeds, statuettes (which should be removed entirely anyway) and the like, an assumed level could be given, not too hard to code at all, just a hassle to go through every item to do so. although, they would still work with an assumed level 0 and then compare between high alch value.

Minigame/quest items are another matter. Personally I believe they should be kept on death in addition to everything else. basically a permanent item locked to your character, a fighter torso is NOT worth the time it takes to get repeatedly, and seems silly to loose it. although many things could be done here, such as discounts for multiple purchases of minigame items, or even a gold cost to get them back. who knows?

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

Player chosen items kept on death could be a solution... Don't know if the technical implementation is simple or not.

I like this idea, but the alch values should closer reflect the actual GE values IMO.

Note to self: never enter cave horror dungeon without a light source. :wall:

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

The system is fine, and changing it will not make any real improvements.

First of all, addressing non-tradeables, since Jagex has no way of determining the market value of these items, it's only fair they aren't protected. In my opinion, they deserve to be at the bottom of the ladder, regardless of how difficult they were to get. It's simply not practical.

Secondly, some items such as Barrows will see no net change in this system. This is common sense, you will always lose the item that is really worth the "most" in terms of practical price and rarity.

Lastly, item changes are way too volatile. It would simply be too confusing and disrupting. Imagine knowing that your whip will protect over your fury, then when the whip crashes in price, this is no longer true. Do you really want to keep checking the prices of every single one of your items every single time you go to do something remotely dangerous?

Honestly, you should know the risks of what you are doing. It really shouldn't matter if a Rune platebody is protected over an Armadyl platebody, because the mere fact that you brought the Armadyl platebody to GWD means that you were prepared to lose it, or at least that's what it SHOULD mean. Who cares if you lost your SS but not your Onyx Bracelet? You brought both to PvP, you should be prepared to lose both and everything else.

It may be harsh, but it is logical and fair. You go someplace dangerous, you shouldn't expect safeguards or mercy.

Unfair Maybe.

I dont mean to flame or rant, but it is his fault for not doing the research on the value of his Armadyl Plate beforehand. There are many websites, ie. Tipit, that show you the alch value price of the item. You can even offer the price in a general store to see the low alch price (wildy gen store for high alch price).

When he picked up the rune platebody he should have known that the value of the rune plate was more to begin with. Him not knowing that is a fault of him not doing his research. Sorry but its just that simple. Thats HIS fault for assuming just because something is valuable to players that its valuable to the game.

He could of had many other options to not lose the Arma. Imp Boxes, High alching the plate, putting the plate in a famliar. All of these options would have saved his Armadyl. But he didnt think, he just assumed someone else was right and went with it, and thats his fault. He learned his lesson and so did you.

The system is not flawed at all, its just your lack of desire to understand and research the system before you take part in it.

Dont just say this protects over this. You need to KNOW what the alch values are for items. Not necessarly down to the GP, but a general idea of what is more valauble to the game. If you get an item you know is high in alch value, you need to understand what your risking to the game has changed. I know the arma plate alchs for around 30k. If I get a drop that I know is around that price, Im either going to bank it somehow, or alch it.

Look at boss tables before hand. See what items you KNOW are more alch value that the items are risking. This is so you know what to pick up and what not to. Its not hard, it takes 5 minutes to do. You didn't do that and you payed the price for it.

Lesson learned, check high alch value of items i am using at Armadyl and the drops boss drop. That takes time, but i learned the lesson.

But don't come here and say just because Armadyl plate high alch value is lower than Rune platebody that we/i should go along with it. That's [cabbage].

It's a flaw. The current system is good except for the flaws of items that is so low priced or useless protecting over high priced item or hard obtainable items.

Again by saying you should check the high alch price of items it means you gotta check high alch price of each item you pick up...

If you find it okey to have to do all the work, good for you. But i won't.

The system is fine, and changing it will not make any real improvements.

First of all, addressing non-tradeables, since Jagex has no way of determining the market value of these items, it's only fair they aren't protected. In my opinion, they deserve to be at the bottom of the ladder, regardless of how difficult they were to get. It's simply not practical.

want to keep checking the prices of every single one of your items every single time you go to do something remotely dangerous?

Honestly, you should know the risks of what you are doing. It really shouldn't matter if a Rune platebody is protected over an Armadyl platebody, because the mere fact that you brought the Armadyl platebody to GWD means that you were prepared to lose it, or at least that's what it SHOULD mean. Who cares if you lost your SS but not your Onyx Bracelet? You brought both to PvP, you should be prepared to lose both and everything else.

It may be harsh, but it is logical and fair. You go someplace dangerous, you shouldn't expect safeguards or mercy.

The system is not fine. My friend lost a 20M item (Which he have worked hard for) and keeps a 50K item.

Non-tradeables are as valueable as tradeable. Time>Money. Non-tradeables>Time>Money. Using G.E as part of items kept on death is not suggested by me so i hope your not replying to me with that. The only thing i find bad by the system is one i have mentioned, everything else is good.

Honestly you should know the risks of what you are doing? Oh how great, another stupid lecture. My friend knew, until he picked up a Rune platbody and lost his Armadyl plate. Expecting someone to check highalch value of items they pick up is not right.

The reason my friend brought Armadyl platebody to GWD is because on "Items kept on death" it said that he would keep it, so don't tell me why he brought it.

My friends lost Armadyl plate and Saradomin sword not me (Go back and read okey?). And how stupid, my friend who lost Saradomin sword was in PvP about to go to a bank and he never knew Onyx bracelet would protect over Saradomin sword. Are you telling me that my friend should have stopped in PvP outside safezone and check up the high alch value of Onyx bracelet?

And what good would it be to check up the price of the item? "Oh that item is worth 40K but higher alch value than my X item so i will leave the drop on floor so that i won't loose my X item!"

So much [cabbage] to be honest...Can't believe noone shares same view as me. I know the system is good, but the flaw i mentioned is unfair.

I agree it needs tweaking so that it balances out slightly, but theres really only slight tweaking of the high alch values which could do this (similar to brando13a's suggestion, make them more level aware) .

On the PvP side, I'm still for the complete removal of the current rewards (atleast the direct gp for item trade).

I tend to be a bit strong headed so I probably pushed my points a bit too much.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I agree it needs tweaking so that it balances out slightly, but theres really only slight tweaking of the high alch values which could do this (similar to brando13a's suggestion, make them more level aware) .

On the PvP side, I'm still for the complete removal of the current rewards (atleast the direct gp for item trade).

I tend to be a bit strong headed so I probably pushed my points a bit too much.

I am just suggesting it needs tweaking to balance it out.

Non-tradeable items takes time, time is GP - So they matter to.

I suggest use of Faux price (Will_holmes is original suggester)

Use of G.E - Throw it in Garbage. The system needs tweaking, not a big change.

You live and learn.

EDIT:

Unfair Maybe.

Definitely flawed. You are getting penalised the moment you keep the reward of killing a boss in your possession. I know a rune platebody protects over a bunch of things, so I should never pick one up, because I'm taking a risk for keeping my reward?

Can someone explain what is the point of the "items on death system"? You have no say in what to keep. The system keep based on nothing close to how valuable they are in the market. You slam your head against the keyboard when you see 3 rune platebody instead of your armadyl set.

Like I've mentioned just now, it's just to rub salt in your wounds after you died, even worst than losing everything on death. In fact, it's better to just lose everything on death, instead of having a dilemma over what to bring, what to pick up, when to pick up.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

The system is not fine. My friend lost a 20M item (Which he have worked hard for) and keeps a 50K item.

Non-tradeables are as valueable as tradeable. Time>Money. Non-tradeables>Time>Money. Using G.E as part of items kept on death is not suggested by me so i hope your not replying to me with that. The only thing i find bad by the system is one i have mentioned, everything else is good.

Yes, I never said they were worthless, I was just saying that they can't be accurately accounted for.

Perhaps I've missed it, but what EXACTLY are you suggesting?

Honestly you should know the risks of what you are doing? Oh how great, another stupid lecture. My friend knew, until he picked up a Rune platbody and lost his Armadyl plate. Expecting someone to check highalch value of items they pick up is not right.

Ok, it might be unfair in that sense. But did he know that Armadyl GWD (or wherever he was) was dangerous? Did he understand the fact that you can die there? Did he still bring the Chestplate regardless of this fact? If so, then the loss is justified. I'm not saying that he SHOULD HAVE lost it, but I am saying that losing it wasn't unfair.

The reason my friend brought Armadyl platebody to GWD is because on "Items kept on death" it said that he would keep it, so don't tell me why he brought it.

My friends lost Armadyl plate and Saradomin sword not me (Go back and read okey?). And how stupid, my friend who lost Saradomin sword was in PvP about to go to a bank and he never knew Onyx bracelet would protect over Saradomin sword. Are you telling me that my friend should have stopped in PvP outside safezone and check up the high alch value of Onyx bracelet?

I know it was your friends...I never said it was you directly. When I said "you", I meant it subjectively, to mean anyone in that situation.

And what good would it be to check up the price of the item? "Oh that item is worth 40K but higher alch value than my X item so i will leave the drop on floor so that i won't loose my X item!"

You missed my point. That's not what I meant at all.

So much [cabbage] to be honest...Can't believe noone shares same view as me. I know the system is good, but the flaw i mentioned is unfair.

Can you please be more clear as to the exact new amendments you are suggesting? This would be a lot easier if you said, "No, it should be this this", instead of "it shouldn't be like it is now". Sorry if you've said it and I've missed it.

nothing should protect on death.. and gravestones are stupid too.

That would make Runescape a lot more fun. No sarcasm intended, seriously.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I'll second that. Or is that third?

I'm sick of these people who started this game post gravestones, and think they should be babied by this game. There is absolutely no risk as of today when you die because getting back to your grave is so easy, and not only that but people can bless it.

Guys, this will end the argument. Don't die. Simply don't do it. And once you have done it, I bet you won't again. Learn from mistakes, don't let a net catch your fall like the way it does today.

Stellactic.gif

I'll second that. Or is that third?

I'm sick of these people who started this game post gravestones, and think they should be babied by this game. There is absolutely no risk as of today when you die because getting back to your grave is so easy, and not only that but people can bless it.

Guys, this will end the argument. Don't die. Simply don't do it. And once you have done it, I bet you won't again. Learn from mistakes, don't let a net catch your fall like the way it does today.

Noone is being babied. Games i have played you often keep majority of your items on death if not all, but i am not saying that because i want same thing in Runescape.

There is a flaw in "Items kept on death". So how about JUST simply don't post? Because noone is being babied. Even if the flaw is fixed you will still loose alot items...

And quite frankly i am tired of people like you who keep saying "You should know there's a risk", "Plan your equipment better", "Gravestones make it easy as it is", and other stuff that has nothing to do with the flaw.

Myself and friends have lost items in a unfair way through this flaw, and if you accept this flaw as a right/good thing then i suggest one thing MAKE the whole game like this.

Because if it's supposed to be like this, then why not make the system more like this flaw?

And quite frankly i am tired of people like you who keep saying "You should know there's a risk", "Plan your equipment better", "Gravestones make it easy as it is", and other stuff that has nothing to do with the flaw.

They probably have similar feelings towards your opinion. You should never equate your own opinion as special or valuable. Probability states that it is unlikely that it is. This is a general comment. It can be applied to everybody.

You must realize that there must be many people around who get tired of people who keep stating the opinion that the system is flawed

Myself and friends have lost items in a unfair way through this flaw, and if you accept this flaw as a right/good thing then i suggest one thing MAKE the whole game like this.

You are your friends didn't encounter an unfair way or a flaw. The system is the same for everybody and is therefore per definition not unfair. The system is also designed as it is, so that eliminates the existence of some flaw.

The whole game is like this really. Did you ever get a dragon shield half drop? I didn't. Highly unfair wouldn't you say? A visage drop? I haven't had one with 99 slayer. Also unfair?

No, not really. The drops are based on a system that is the same for everybody. It is just that the outcome is semi-random. It is designed like that. It is also not a flaw. The whole of runescape is made in the way you find unfair.

The real problem here is that I think you confuse your opinion with fact.

The system isn't flawed and it isn't unfair.

The system feels flawed to you. It feels unfair to you.

But both statements aren't the same. And your opinion falls in the category of 'feeling' and not 'being' unfair.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png