Items Kept on Death

Dire_Wolf

this may actually help with keeping the price of high end armour and weapons under control, if more are available in the market to circulate around, instead of getting removed from the system.

That's not true at all.

Like said a few posts up, The reason some armor items are so expensive is because things protect over them. Barrows helms are so expensive because you lose them. Making it so you keep the helm instead of other peices only means the helm would fall price, and the peice lost would rise.

Lets say the Helm fell in price, and the Legs rose. The legs would then keep over the helm, so helms would go up and keep over the legs ect. ect. It would be a never ending cycle. In the long run it wouldn't make things cheaper, it would just make them all equally expensive.

As for the cost system, in all honesty is a simple Risk vs Reward system. If you want better preformance you might be having to risk some items in order to get that preformance. Theres plenty of alternate options for equipment without large sacrafice in stats.

Example: Rune Gloves vs Barrows Gloves. Whats worth more to you, -3 in stats, or -15m in items?

dawnsigblue-3.png

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope they keep this the same. If they change it to player selected or ge priced then its just another example of a few people whining and making the game easier. As others have said, make sure you check what you will lose before death and just assume you will die. Always assume the worst so it can only get better.

To everyone saying "Plan your death", as a matter of fact we did. But then my friend got a Rune platebody from Bandos, and then he got killed and to our shock he lost Armadyl plate and kept Rune platebody.

Also how can you get back to Bandos if your soloing with 5 minutes limit...? It's very tricky.

I lost claws, cuz fury protects over it and I didn't know. But you learn after something like that. Doesn't need to be changed, just need to check what stuff you keep on death.

So what? Just because you find it okey does not mean i have to...

And as a matter of fact i checked my friends equipment.

If they allow you to choose what you keep on death they might as well let you keep everything on death because dying will mean nothing anyways.

And who have said here that they should let you choose what to loose on death?

If they allow you to choose what you keep on death they might as well let you keep everything on death because dying will mean nothing anyways.

And who have said here that they should let you choose what to loose on death?

What's the point of your topic if you're not going to argue WHY the system should be changed to meet your expectations? You should read your entire thread.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

A system that has worked for 8+ years doesn't need to be changed. Be happy that it is what it is. In other MMOs you lose a percentage of Exp or all your items regardless of how you died of what happened at the time.

And I must question bringing an Arma Plate to BGW. I see no point in it, unless you are ranging. If you are ranging, you're doing it wrong.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Lol I thought these rants died when they added the "items kept on death" feature.

I can remember so many stupid threads about whip not keeping over dlong or other crap.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Lol I thought these rants died when they added the "items kept on death" feature.

I can remember so many stupid threads about whip not keeping over dlong or other crap.

D Battle and Mystic Top... Ah... Memories...

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

The system is fine, it's very easy to see what keeps over what with the 'items kept on death' interface, and some items get some of their monetary value due to their high 'high alch' value. Also, it prevents people from being boring and bringing only three high power items to everything they do.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

The most ridiculous gotta be the ancient statuettes.. I mean, cmon, DFS, godswords and spirit shields?

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I really hope they keep this the same. If they change it to player selected or ge priced then its just another example of a few people whining and making the game easier. As others have said, make sure you check what you will lose before death and just assume you will die. Always assume the worst so it can only get better.

To everyone saying "Plan your death", as a matter of fact we did. But then my friend got a Rune platebody from Bandos, and then he got killed and to our shock he lost Armadyl plate and kept Rune platebody.

Also how can you get back to Bandos if your soloing with 5 minutes limit...? It's very tricky.

While I agree that the game would be a much better place if you could avoid ever losing expensive items-

Oh wait, I don't.

Friend lost claws - armadyl totem protected over.

Another person I've seen lost claws - karil's xbow protected over.

Friend lost sara sword - rune hally protected over.

You know, things like that. I can go on and on about the various things - what protects over what.

Vesta's Chainbody protects over Vesta's Longsword - come on that doesn't even make sense, they started the price of vls over the price of vesta chain.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

To everyone saying that i should plan my equipment, if i was gonna do that all the time i would have to click "Items kept on death" every single time i pick up a item. Because my friend picked up a Rune platebody, and i picked up a Farseer helm. But little did we know those protected over our expensive items...

Also i am 100% against a game where we keep majority of items on death. But that you loose example Penance boots on death or a other valued quest or minigame item or...a very expensive item and keep the low priced or low valued items is messed up.

I am "Arguing" because just as i expected alot people would say what i guessed they would say:

• Plan your equipment better ...
  • Saying that we should have a game without any loss (Being ironic)

There are flaws in the system...

Basing the items lost on death on GE prices is also flawed, since GE prices fluctuate. And it is still impossible to do a price check while in combat similar to the impossibility to do a items kept of death check during combat.

So what is the reasoning here? Some people's opinions are more important than others?

If that is the case than I vote for forgetting the whole debate and just stick with the old system.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

Basing the items lost on death on GE prices is also flawed, since GE prices fluctuate. And it is still impossible to do a price check while in combat similar to the impossibility to do a items kept of death check during combat.

So what is the reasoning here? Some people's opinions are more important than others?

If that is the case than I vote for forgetting the whole debate and just stick with the old system.

I was thinking faux alchemy prices for certain items.

Do the people who die with this higher valued items not know how to drop?

Ok barrows items are different, but 99% of drops can be dropped if your stuck.

ie if your low on food and you get hit a 60 drop the regen bracelet or other item.

You can always pick it up within 1 or 2 minute(s) of dropping it.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

ie if your low on food and you get hit a 60 drop the regen bracelet or other item.

How can someone all the time know what items to drop? And how can you drop a item in a boss room and get back within 1-2 minute? And how can you know your about to die?

How can someone all the time know what items to drop? And how can you drop a item in a boss room and get back within 1-2 minute? And how can you know your about to die?

Boss hunting is completely different to PvP.

When I go boss hunting I always check the on death items before leaving if its a new outfit or new inventory. That way I know should the worst come to the worst I'm ok.

If I'm solo'ing I limit myself to a budget of the lost items (normally about a 1/4 of my cash in the bank).

Not to even mention the 6 minute grave (excluding corp) and the ability to teleport out without any side effects.

PvP has none of this its 1 saved at the most not 4 and no graves.

Since 99% of the people in this topic are talking about PvP losses I posted about the amazing ability to drop items.

With graves and in non PvP its stupid to drop items.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Boss hunting is completely different to PvP.

When I go boss hunting I always check the on death items before leaving if its a new outfit or new inventory. That way I know should the worst come to the worst I'm ok.

If I'm solo'ing I limit myself to a budget of the lost items (normally about a 1/4 of my cash in the bank).

I helped my friend and we constantly changed items for Bandos so that he would keep the items that were most valuedable to him. We put up a equipment setup knowing that death could happen. So he went to Bandos and he soloed boss and got Rune platebody.

He picked up the platebody and got killed because he was off guard. We thought "OK, he died...so what?", but then he kept a Rune platebody over Armadyl chest.

He did exactly what you did...he planned his equipment. How could he have forseen that Rune platebody (a drop) protects over his Armadyl platebody? So what is your comments to that?

Lemme guess your comments? "He should have planned his equipment". Oh wait, but he did!