Blogging = Suspension for unfortunate students

AThousandLies

Why does my home state always get noticed when something bad happens. Whenever something good happens here everyone says "uhh who cares, its New Jersey." Lol. Back to the topc: It is pretty stupid that kids have to delete all that stuff, if they want one they should be allowed to have one.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to a public school and our principle is trying to get something to this effect done. There already going out of school by taking our drivers license and sending cops to our house after missing 5 days in a semester. Its easy to say that he can do it because its a private school but what do you do when it goes to public ones?

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

Mmm i think everyone should be banned from NotSafeForYou and xanga. at least not until ppl start acting less emo for the sake of it and designing eye watteringly horrible webpages

Why? My xanga is just fine. It's just those teenyboppers who don't know how to resize pictures and mix the background colors with font color. :P

But I'm sure after they made this announcement, every student got onto their blog and ranted about how dumb this decision was.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

How could they suspend the students for having a blog, that they access and edit, and so on, on their own time. That is like me being suspended for going to the movies on a Saturday afternoon... It's just not right! :o

I dont even have a "blog" (whatever it actually MEANS), but i hope my school follows suite. . .suit? soot? suut?

Anyhow i just want to have a reason to complain. . .my school has made several horrible descisions and has staffing that thinks that their own personal view is what everyone elseshould think AND what is right

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it

How could they suspend the students for having a blog, that they access and edit, and so on, on their own time. That is like me being suspended for going to the movies on a Saturday afternoon... It's just not right! :o

Actually its nothing like goign to the movies. The point of a blog is to detail your views and opinions in a public type diary. Obviously there have been some cases recently in which people have given very negative comments towards the school. Now this kind of negativity is technically libel and as a private school they do have a right to stop people from posting this kind of negative comments relating to the school.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Actually its nothing like goign to the movies. The point of a blog is to detail your views and opinions in a public type diary. Obviously there have been some cases recently in which people have given very negative comments towards the school. Now this kind of negativity is technically libel and as a private school they do have a right to stop people from posting this kind of negative comments relating to the school.

But they're not using that as their cover. They're claiming it's to protect people from sexual predators. By that logic, they shouldn't let them go out; there are sexual predators in real life too. And with all the allegations, they shouldn't let them go to church either, since there've been a helluva lot of abuse cases there too.

By using the sexual predator excuse it gets parents on their side ;)

America seems to be getting obsessed with child safety atm the moment. I recently heard a radio interview about car emmissions where one right wing christians was yelling at this environmental campainger saying he was a pedo sympathiser simple because he said it was wrong for her to drive a 6litre 4x4. She said that the only safe way of getting her kids to and from school is in such a large and bulky vehicle. Crazy. People were then backing this woman up because they didnt want to be branded in the category of "wanting to expose children to danger". Its all a load of PC gone mad.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

America seems to be getting obsessed with child safety atm the moment. I recently heard a radio interview about car emmissions where one right wing christians was yelling at this environmental campainger saying he was a pedo sympathiser simple because he said it was wrong for her to drive a 6litre 4x4. She said that the only safe way of getting her kids to and from school is in such a large and bulky vehicle. Crazy. People were then backing this woman up because they didnt want to be branded in the category of "wanting to expose children to danger". Its all a load of PC gone mad.

*treads carefully on thin ice*

the problem with these poeple is that they are using the excuse of a sexual predetor for there own goals.... not the truth

honestly... there are alot of people out there that have thoughts about younger girls (be honest folks)

most know and accept the morality of life.... nothing happens cept a fantasy. (see american beauty the movie)

but its those that are the scum of society.. for whatever reason they don't respect the laws.. or even base morality... they murder kill rape and torture.....

it happens.... gods almight it happens..... but there are only two things we can do.

lock our children up in 3 ft thick foam caccoons strapped tight with intervantiously given food (got forbid the child gets a cavity from eating sweets) watching religious zealot teachings that don't even resemble a lie of the truth. growing up and getting married and not knowing how children are concived. and when they turn 18 there pale ashen faces are allowed out upon the world for the first time since there birth.....

OR.......

we do things smartly... we let a child ask questions

we DO NOT LIE

we DO NOT MISLEAD.

we ANSWER HONESTLY.

we treat children as we would a adult.. thinking and reasoning.....

YES THEY ARE CHILDREN... .but you can't contain them

you have to let them outside.

you have to let them fall off there bikes and bruise there knees. (maybe next time they will remember the pain and suffering as you pour the hydrogen peroxide on there cuts and scrapes to help heal them) and would wear the elbo and knee pads.

you have to let them learn your not always right.

you have to let them learn right from wrong..

you have to let them know your there..

the major problem with our society is we are consumed with a rat race... we send our children off to schools that we honestly don't know what they are drilling into there heads... for gods sakes they could be learning that the earth was created by a frog.

we don't listen to the children... we have lost the inner child which has moved on into your children... you don't spend time with your children to teach them your values...

and in time... no one will teach your great great great grandchildren anything but retoric.

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

Mmm i think everyone should be banned from NotSafeForYou and xanga. at least not until ppl start acting less emo for the sake of it and designing eye watteringly horrible webpages

Certain people I know who use myspace REALLY need to be smacked over the head with a crowbar. Why the hell do they have to put some [developmentally delayed]ed Coheed and Cambria video in their profile? When I'm using the computer half the time I have my own music, and I don't want to hear mainstream MTV punk/gothic rock/death metal crap blaring out my speakers. I also hate it when they make their background a picture and make the text the same color, and then screw up their HTML so everything is a nonworking javascript link. Or, when nooby screwballs post a comment like the following (actual comment from an acquaitance's space):

"yo boo! yea its all good you couldnt come...what can i say im amazin..lol jp..but yea the party is gonna be gay cuz its all chs people (no offense to chs lol)...so yea ill stay for like 2 minutes haha love ya baby!

*caught in suspension*

*B!*

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo"

How sad. At the very least I type in English on my website.

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

I HATE city 4x4's that womans a moron.

im getting a 4x4 soon and it sure as hell isnt going to be a city 4x4.

Whats the point in a 6liter engine?

I dont see why any 4x4 needs an engine of that size,

and why she things a 4x4 is safer because its simply not 4x4 crash HARD and roll easyer than a normal sedan.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

its like the enviroment.

hole in ozone in south pole - most industrial nations are in northern hymisphere not many in south.and the wind curents are relitivly sepreated so not much stuff travels between the 2 hymispheres so were is the holes in the ozone layer in north pole(i think it should be 2 or 3 times as large)

global warming - the earth is warming you can not deniy that but a single vocano eruption releases more co2 than every car in the world running for about a day(can not conferm that but i know its realy big).we have also just returned from an ice age so the earth is warming and ice reflects light so as the ice melts more light will be asorbed by the sun(faster defrost).

its like the enviroment.

hole in ozone in south pole - most industrial nations are in northern hymisphere not many in south.and the wind curents are relitivly sepreated so not much stuff travels between the 2 hymispheres so were is the holes in the ozone layer in north pole(i think it should be 2 or 3 times as large)

global warming - the earth is warming you can not deniy that but a single vocano eruption releases more co2 than every car in the world running for about a day(can not conferm that but i know its realy big).we have also just returned from an ice age so the earth is warming and ice reflects light so as the ice melts more light will be asorbed by the sun(faster defrost).

exactly

there are three types of lies

LIES

DAM LIES

Statistics

which looks the most innocent and honest...

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

Myspace isnt that bad..i use it to publish my rap music (yes i have rap music on it). there are alot of dumb dumb users--but the same can be said for almost any online community where theres over 5k users..your gonna have some idiots (the same rules apply here..every village has its idiots) although i'm wondering why its fitlered to notsafeforyou..lollol. blogs are a great source of reading material. and they really help people deal with problems if they need someplace to vent. personally this reminds me of 1984..where poor winstan got Owned for having a diary..

its not like the kids are doing anything wrong by posting a blog.

~DaS

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I don't think anyone's doing anything wrong with a blog, but tip.it censors it to NotSafeForYou to prevent stalkers. We're trying to protect people. :wink:

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

even if it is a public school, if its okay with the parents for them to have a website, he cant stop them. What if he decided to suspend anyone seen playing sport because you could get hurt so he decided no more sports, could he do that too?

boogityboo04.png

rotalsnarT laciffO

Solving the confusion once and for all

Kid in my school (Australia) got suspended for posting on the grade 12s personal website that he thought it wasn't fair that the school won't allow them to have a party after the formal.
I find it VERY hard to belive thats the whole story. I have a strong feeling that this guy wrote a little more than a harmless rant.

unfortunatly its illegal now adays to express violent thoughts

a kid was asked recently to write a story... he wrote one with violance and was kicked out of school or something much harsher then it shoulda been

Are you kidding me?

Wow.... Let's threaten to kill people and not get in trouble at all.

Oh wait, no.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Kid in my school (Australia) got suspended for posting on the grade 12s personal website that he thought it wasn't fair that the school won't allow them to have a party after the formal.
I find it VERY hard to belive thats the whole story. I have a strong feeling that this guy wrote a little more than a harmless rant.

a kid was asked recently to write a story... he wrote one with violance and was kicked out of school or something much harsher then it shoulda been

Are you kidding me?

Oh wait, no.

so a actor that in script has to threaten to blow up the world should be taken SERIOUSLY..

hmmm

the problem is people are not taking things into context.

a STORIE is just that a STORIE

if we treated everything written as the honest opinion and belived that the author would do what they said..... we would have to arrest and drug all authors

on top of that all game writers

on top of that any and all adults that said that they would love to kill somone...

hmm... i see 100% of the worlds population in prison because of there thoughts and writing...

so.... where does it end... when do we start to use our brains and take context into the matter

when a child/young adult uses a STORY to express there anger and NOT bullets.... we should be celebrating.... congragulating... poping open champagne bottles because somone used there brain

mementh.jpeg

Are you kidding me?

Oh wait, no.

so a actor that in script has to threaten to blow up the world should be taken SERIOUSLY..

hmmm

if we treated everything written as the honest opinion and belived that the author would do what they said..... we would have to arrest and drug all authors

on top of that any and all adults that said that they would love to kill somone...

hmm... i see 100% of the worlds population in prison because of there thoughts and writing...

so.... where does it end... when do we start to use our brains and take context into the matter

when a child/young adult uses a STORY to express there anger and NOT bullets.... we should be celebrating.... congragulating... poping open champagne bottles because somone used there brain

Wow....If I go to school pissed off at someone, and tell them that I am going to kill them, that is entirely different then the stupid point that you are trying to make.

Your comment about "an actor" is completely irrelevant to what I said. Next time you try to argue with someone read what they wrote.

I don't care about people blogging their emotions, but not in a viloent way. If someone threatens, or writes about killing me, I will not stop until something is done about it.

No one took the kids seriously at Columbine, and look what happened there.

kthxdone.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Are you kidding me?

Oh wait, no.

hmmm

Wow....If I go to school pissed off at someone, and tell them that I am going to kill them, that is entirely different then the stupid point that you are trying to make.

Your comment about "an actor" is completely irrelevant to what I said. Next time you try to argue with someone read what they wrote.

I don't care about people blogging their emotions, but not in a viloent way. If someone threatens, or writes about killing me, I will not stop until something is done about it.

No one took the kids seriously at Columbine, and look what happened there.

kthxdone.

i don't think you understood.. doing blogs and other ways of writing that is payed attention to but not OVER REACTING is what i mean

IE if someone is being bullied and they have 80% of there posts about killing... then yeah... step in and help the poor kid.....

but the one off storie or post about it... pay attention but let the kids try to work it out

mementh.jpeg