26-Nov-09 Thanksgiving & Community Event (UNTIL DEC 7TH)

Toad

The next clue (added with the 2nd screene of text whihc says buying his contraptions) points to:

Faraq in al-kharid

edit as i wrote wrong name lol

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of what the Gem trader says to hint to the next contact.

[spoiler=Next contact]

Head on to where the ground is granular and the solar spectacular, the quiz the fellow who likes to peddle pasttimes to prached passers-by. He's a good sort and should provide you with what you are looking for. Make sense?

Just check back on tomorrw's newsletter for the code items you'll need. Oh, and while you're over there talking to our contact, you might like to buy some of his little contraptions - they can be great for organising good laughs with friends.

Is indeed who is named above. :thumbup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Wow I would never of guessed that (off topic note, 97 users reading topic: 36 members, 58 guests, 3 anonymous users at time of writing :lol: )

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

[hide=Spoiler] First is 6 red spider eggs, cant figure teh second, third is jug with WBTMR, dunno what it means either[/hide]

You missed something.

In 3rd clue, 2nd word. 2nd line can be B or A and 4th can be M or E

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[spoiler=Items]

6 spider egss,

200gp,

3 jugs of water

[spoiler=Next clue]

Head on to where the ground is grannular and the solar spectacular, the quiz the fellow who likes to peddle pasttimes to parched passers-by. He's a good sort and should provide you with what you are looking for. Make sense?

Faruq :thumbup:

Makes alot of sense, since he says after that

"Oh, and while you're over there talking to our contact you might like to buy some of his little contraptions - they can be great for organising good laughs with friends.

To those that managed to solve the puzzles/clues, please post a explanation of how you did so. It would be nice to know it. Thanks!

SMELLY - make sure you put the EXPLANATION also to the first post please.

[hide]Puzzle one - mentions how many you need on the 4th or so line "The trim, which is the same as the hem, requires ten threads." once you know that the collar requires ten you work the rest out.

Puzzle Two - Logical question they both have the same size field, so both split profits equally (I didn't think logically on this one and instead worked it out WRONG)

Puzzle three - the words are virtually identical "My first is in jungle but not in rectangular" The letter J isn't in Rectangular for instance.

[/hide]

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

To those that managed to solve the puzzles/clues, please post a explanation of how you did so. It would be nice to know it. Thanks!

Clue 1:

We are told trim = 10 thread

Hem takes same as trim, so hem = 10

Collar is half as much as hem so = 5

sleeves is 4 times as much as collar so 20

sides are 5 times less than sleeves so 4

10 + 10 + 5 + 20 + 4 = 49

55 - 49 = 6

So 6 red eggs

Clue 2:

Despite all the complex stuff it says first paragraph says "each plant their half"

If each plant half, they did half the work so 400/2 = 200gp

Clue 3:

Taking the words and cross referencing letters you get:

J, U,G and W, B/A, T, E/M, R

So we known its a jug and since on the second word only water makes sense with the letter choices its jugs of water.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Clue 1:

55 - 49 = 6

So 6 red eggs

Clue 2:

Despite all the complex stuff it says first paragraph says "each plant their half"

Clue 3:

So we known its a jug and since on the second word only water makes sense with the letter choices its jugs of water.

I didn't get the last one, but thanks alot!

Here's all the information from the second clue that you'll need

Fred and Geoff have a ten-acre plot of land between them. They split the rights to the land evenly and go to work at planting seeds and crops on their half of the farmland.

Selling all of their produce results in 400 gold coins between them.

How much does each get?

:P

Clue 1:

55 - 49 = 6

So 6 red eggs

Clue 2:

Clue 3:

Explanation for you Hem

[hide]

Puzzle three - the words are virtually identical "My first is in jungle but not in rectangular" The letter J isn't in Rectangular for instance.
[/hide]
smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Clue 1:

55 - 49 = 6

So 6 red eggs

Clue 2:

Clue 3:

Explanation for you Hem

[hide]

[/hide]

Yup as smelly added its a pretty linear puzzle

"My first is in jungle but not in rectangular"

is the first line of the "riddle", the method for solving is as follows.

The riddle is telling you the first letter (my first) of the answer is in Jungle, but not in rectangular.

So take jungle and rectangular and we want a letter in Jungle that is not in rectangular.

So rectangular has: u, n, g, l and e but not a j

So J is in jungle but not in rectangular.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Explanation for you Hem

[hide]

[/hide]

Yup as smelly added its a pretty linear puzzle

"My first is in jungle but not in rectangular"

is the first line of the "riddle", the method for solving is as follows.

The riddle is telling you the first letter (my first) of the answer is in Jungle, but not in rectangular.

So take jungle and rectangular and we want a letter in Jungle that is not in rectangular.

So rectangular has: u, n, g, l and e but not a j

So J is in jungle but not in rectangular.

I got this:

J U G

W A T E R

Thank you very much. Some constructive criticism Smelly, you should go a bit more into explaining like Paw Claw. But i am wondering if you were just in a lazy mood (i am like that often!). Also look who i found in F2P Smelly:

Your BROTHER!: :smile:

490895862637c72ce8fc1ca61b94b579b8f493d.png

Got the first and last one rather quickly, but failed to see the common sense in the middle clue. After a whole lot of maths I came to the conclusion that Fred has worked 47.62% of the ten acres, and therefore he would be entitled to 190,48 gp :unsure: Obviously I was wrong, and it was strange anyway that Jagex would give us such a difficult clue... Looked at it again and discovered they both get

[hide]200 gp[/hide]

Great idea of Jagex to do this, although it would be even better if only the worthy get the prize :twisted: [/elitist].

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Got the first and last one rather quickly, but failed to see the common sense in the middle clue. After a whole lot of maths I came to the conclusion that Fred has worked 47.62% of the ten acres, and therefore he would be entitled to 190,48 gp :unsure: Obviously I was wrong, and it was strange anyway that Jagex would give us such a difficult clue... Looked at it again and discovered they both get

[hide]200 gp[/hide]

Great idea of Jagex to do this, although it would be even better if only the worthy get the prize :twisted: [/elitist].

Yay glad to know I'm not alone lol :thumbsup: . I solved the first one and the third one easily, looked at the third one thought "well it appears to be 200, but that's way too easy, they must be testing my algebra skills!" Bad decision needless to say...

Overall this event has been completely awesome, hope tomorrows clues actually require calculus, how epic would that be <3: /wish.

insipid_soup.png