Great Quotes - Post Here

kidurdude

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These qoutes are from me and my friends.

Pepole don't "Earn" respect, they deserve it. - Andreas

You may have your opinion, but only if i can have mine. - Andreas

Add more as they pop up in my head.

tifsbti6oi.gif

Guest AshKaYu

This one I find funny, but I myself said it

-'We can argue until we're purple, or we can admit I'm right.'

and

-'Why fit in when I was born to stand out'

My friend and I have recently taken to saying 'YOU ROCK THE BROCOLI!!'. Really funny, puzzled expressions you get back.

"Stay off the road if you want to grow old"- A Soldier

Unfortunatly that applies to the brave soldiers currently in Iraq.

"He who is without sin cast the first stone"-Jesus speaking to a crowd ready to stone an adultress. I will always remember this and this is why I hate mobs.

To Individiuos well pointed out. I consider Winston Churchill to be the best British PM ever. You feel find plenty of Jesus' speech to be fascinating. He had the power to humble the proud and to assure the fearful.

i just read all 9 pages :lol:

Allie Keys: We all like to think that we have some control

over the events in our lives, and a lot of the time we

can fool ourselves into thinking that we really are in

charge. But then something happens to remind us that the

world runs by its own rules and not ours, that we're just

along for the ride.

Allie Keys: We all like to think that we have some control

over the events in our lives, and a lot of the time we

can fool ourselves into thinking that we really are in

charge. But then something happens to remind us that the

world runs by its own rules and not ours, that we're just

along for the ride.

Allie Keys: People say that when we grow up, we kick at

everything we've been told - we rebel against the world

our parents have worked so hard to bring us into, that

part of growing up is kicking at the ties that bind. But

I don't think that's why we kick at all. I think we kick

when we find out that our parents don't know much more

about the world than we do... they don't have all the

answers. We rebel when we find out that they've been

lying to us all along. That there isn't any Santa Claus at all.

Allie Keys: Everyone knows not to stare into the sun. It?s something your mother tells you when you?re a kid. ?Don?t look at the sun or you?ll go blind.? But sometimes you want to understand something so badly that you?ll risk going blind for just a glimpse of what it all might be about.

Allie Keys: Christmas is all about hope. Kids hope for new toys. You get older, and the toys get bigger, but the hope stays the same. Some people might hope for peace on Earth or maybe for a better tomorrow, whatever their idea of that might be, but most people still just want something bright and shiny and new.

Allie Keys: Some people put a lot of work into their lawn, as if a patch of green grass was the most important thing in the world. As if they thought that as long as the lawn out front was green and mowed and beautiful, it wouldn't matter at all what was going on inside of the house.

nice quotes everyone, i had to choose from over 100 Allie Keys quotes i have saved for these

"You're trying your damndest, you strike out and they boo you. I act like it doesn't bother me, like I don't hear anything the fans say, but the truth is I hear every word of it and it kills me."-Mike Schmidt

No matter how hard you're trying, you'll never be perfect enough for some people. It's a depressing thought, but there are just people who never see you as good enough. And it sucks.

"I'm not perfect, but who are we kidding, neither are you..."- One of the guys in 'Wedding Crashers', i forget which one. A lotta imperfect people expect perfection. And it can't be done.

"You've always got to remember, rock and roll's never been about giving up. For me, for a lot of kids, it was a totally positive force... not optomistic all the time, but positive. It was never--never-- about surrender."- Bruce Springsteen

Ahh, Bruce... Music has always been about expressing life. He's sayin, I think, that no matter how much things suck, don't give up.

Here are some of my favorite quotes. They go in my signature if I have enough time. For all you Christians, they should be very inspiring and thoughtful. Again, I'm sorry that some of them don't have the author...I was a little lazy, but I hope you enjoy them.

BTW, they're ALL great. Even the long ones. :wink:

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅI believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

I'm currently transitioning from a Wizard to a Mage and a Priest to an Archpriest. Lol both are nonexistant in the top 25. Hopefully I can change that. :D

"Who is the bigger fool? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Obi-Wan Kenodi: Star Wars Episode 4

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

- Jimi Hendrix.

I'm actually considering getting that quote tattooed at some point, although i'm not sure where yet.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

"If we are going to teach 'creation science' as an alternative to evolution, then we should also teach the stork theory as an alternative to biological reproduction." - Judith Hayes

"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages." - Richard Lederer

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." - Albert Einstein

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and is generally considered to have been a bad move." - Douglas Adams

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?." - Douglas Adams

Wow, Hug, those are harsh words. But remember that Christianity has nothing to do with religion. It's about relationship: with the God of the universe.

I'm currently transitioning from a Wizard to a Mage and a Priest to an Archpriest. Lol both are nonexistant in the top 25. Hopefully I can change that. :D

Wow, Hug, those are harsh words. But remember that Christianity has nothing to do with religion. It's about relationship: with the God of the universe.

Christianity is a religion, just as the countless others; if you want to call it a relationship with the bible god go head, its still a religion.

I dont have any of my own but i like a lot of quotes from the film "the crow"

Here are some:

The Crow

"Victims, aren't we all"- Eric Draven

"It can't rain all the time"- Eric Draven

"And I say I am dead, and I move" - Eric Draven

FIRE IT UP! FIRE IT UP! FIRE IT UP!- T-Bird'z Gang

"Is that gasoline I smell"-Eric Draven

"Real love is forever." - Sarah

"People once believed, that when someone dies, a crow carries their soul "">

Do you know someone named T-Bird? He had a friend who shouldn't have played with knives" -Eric Draven

"It was pawned here a year ago by a customer of yours named Tin Tin. . . he confided in me before he ran out of breath." -Eric Draven

"Is that gasoline I smell?" -Eric Draven

"Little things, used to mean so much to Shelly. I used to think they were kind of trivial. . . believe me, nothing is trivial." -Eric Draven

"I have something to give you. I don't want it anymore" *Places hand on Top Dollar's head* "Thirty hours of pain. . .ALL AT ONCE! All for you." -Eric Draven

"Victims, aren't we all" -Eric Draven

"It can't rain all the time" -Eric Draven

"Mother is the name of God on the lips and hearts of all children." -Eric Draven

"Suddenly, I heard a tapping,as if someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, right?" -Eric Draven

"They're all dead, they just don't know it yet." -Eric Draven

"Take your best shot, Fun Boy. You got me dead bang." -Eric Draven

Sarah

"It's more like surfing than skating. . . I wish the rain would stop, just once." -Sarah

for more of them go to:

http://www.thecrowsloft.com/other/quotes.html

sorry ifg any are repeted i had to copy and paste coz my college internet keeps on blovking the site grrr

"you cant expect to weild supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

"i dont have an anger problem, i have an idiot problem."

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our dark that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people don't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. Its not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsiously give other people the right to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

good ones

"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear."

-Thomas Jefferson, 3rd US President

"I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure, that is all that agnosticism means."

-Clarence Darrow

"The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know nothing."

-Unkown

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Dont know if this is posted yet... but:

"An eye for an eye, makes the whole world blind."

madeinpalestineborder8gs.png

In Khazakstan we say God, Man, Horse, Dog, then Woman, Rat and small cockroach..

M.A.D 4 Lyfe

• 4 months later...

"never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it."

"never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it."

I'd like to seem them fit that on a t-shirt.

knkcopy.jpg