Great Quotes - Post Here

kidurdude

" Why say no, when it feels so good to say yes"

" I can get a good look at a t-bone steak by sticking my head up a bull's A**, but i'd rather take the butcher's word for it"

both quotes are from the movie "Tommy Boy"

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres my quote

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge"

means - if you have a dream that means u have to imagine it first .... what good is knowledge if u cant have an imagineation therefore the dream has to purpose. u must be able to imagine thigns before u can have knowledge. what about when u was a kid? u did just have instant knowledge when u was 2 - 4 or what ever age , u had to imagine thigns first and u gained knowledge from those imagineations. :P

and if u dont agree theirs something wrong with you guys :shock:

anyways post ur own quotes...

i no you peopel have some good ones :P

ur meaning of that quote is really whack.

it means knowledge can be gained but with out imagination u wont be able to come up with anything orignal. and u wont be able to understand anything (wisdom is understanding). knowledge is just knowing.

i think ur explantion was going more along the lines of innate behavior and learned behavior.

ps. a quote that good diserves to be labled. Albert Einstein plz

Mark Twain has some good ones...lemme see if I can find 'em...

Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they do not understand, but the passages that bother me are those I do understand.

^Can be read either as a criticism of religion or a fear of God. I just thought it was clever

The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.

Self explanatory

The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.

Put your education to good use! Why go to school if you never apply what you learn?

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

What seems like a radical opinion today will someday be considered normal. What we consider a normal opinion was once radical, and it is rapidly becoming old and out-of-date.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.

I love this one. Basically, venting your anger by swearing loudly can sometimes be much more satisfying than peaceful meditation or religious purity. :lol:

I cannot call to mind a single instance where I have ever been irreverent, except toward the things which were sacred to other people.

I am never disrespectful to anything that I find worthy of respect :wink:

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.

People never give a differing opinion the respect that it deserves.

..And I'm not sure if I remember this one exactly, but this is close...

There are no degrees of vanity, there are only degrees in ability at concealing it.

We are all vain, every last one of us, vain and conceited and self-absorbed and proud. The only difference between people is that some people are better at pretending to be humble.

I'm not saying I agree with all of these, but I found them amusing :lol:

finalsig9wq.gif

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.

:lol: That ones great. A nice lighth hearted quote :wink:

Ha, that's awesome :P

oilertaych6.gif

[Admin Edit: Religious text Not permitted]

~108 combat~

5.9k dusties killed / dragon chain :D

omg.... yew are so, little! LOL...yer so cute! [Funny Pic] no offense....but even as a zombie...yer really not that scary...becuase yew are so kewt!!!! *pinches frostbites cheeks* awww

And this one

hello Sexy, welcome to the putfile forums :)
thanks rick but i didnt start this thread. :smt003

I took these from another forum..

(Sexy is a registerd user on putfile)

tifsbti6oi.gif

Another classic Churchill quote:

Lady: Churchill if you were my husband I would put poison into your coffee

Churchill: If you where my wife, I would drink it.

random one:

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It Goes On."

Robert Frost'

ponderineq1.gif

"M = E/CÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâò showed man how god made the universe

E = MCÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâò showed man how he could destroy the universe"

quote from me 3 weeks ago on some science homework.

Einstein wrote the formula M = E/CÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâò not E = MCÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâò the formula M = E/CÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâò means you can make matter with energy however the formula E = MCÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâò means you can destroy matter to make energy the irony I find in this is that M = E/CÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâò and E = MCÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâò are the same formula solved for a different variable.

'It's better to be cleverer than you look, than to look cleverer than you are'

'Pain is temporary, pride is forever' - (i think its false but sounds good)

'A verbal contract is not worth the paper it's written on' -Samuel Goldwyn :lol:

'I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them'

-George Bush (what a moron....)

'I haven't failed, just found 10,000 ways that don't work'

'you know what you know, not what you think you know'

"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."
That I agree 100% with.

Might explain why I find it hard to life people - most of them are putting on a show to be better than they are / someone they're not - I hate it.

The Dude abides.

The Dude was the main character in The Big Lebowski. He was lazy, apathetic, and didn't care about money, power, fame, and things like that. He was just there, enjoying himself. Helps me remember to just chill out when I get too stressed.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

'I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them'

I think you are the dumb one for not understanding this quote.

It means that he feels stuff on the inside that he needs to do, but it is hard for him to make that decision because it doesn't always seem like the right thing to do....I find myself feeling like that often.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

I think you are the dumb one for not understanding this quote.

It means that he feels stuff on the inside that he needs to do, but it is hard for him to make that decision because it doesn't always seem like the right thing to do....I find myself feeling like that often.

Its another one of the "Bushism" people like to make fun of him for. While a lot of what he says is a load of rubbish this quote does make sense when you think about it.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Malcom X

quote2.gif

quote5.gif

quote6.gif

2Pac.

My raps are a decision, rabble rousing, spiritual, like gospel music. I don't want to dance. We have so many things to deal with, we need to talk straight up and down"
-- Tupac Amaru Shakur

We talk a lot about Malcom X and Martin Luther King JR, but It's time to be like them, as strong as them. They were mortal men like us and everyone of us can be like them. I don't want to be a role model. I just want to be someone who says, this is who i am, this is what i do. I say what's on my mind

The real tragedy is that there are some ignorant brothers out here. That's why I'm not on this all-White or all Black [cabbage]. I'm on this all-real or all fake [cabbage] with people, whatever color you are. Because [racist term]z will do you. I mean, there's some [foul] [racist term]z out there [in the streets]; the same [racist term]z that did Malcolm X, the same [racist term]z that did Jesus Christ- every brother ain't a brother. They will do you. So just because it's Black, don't mean it's cool. And just because it's White don't mean it's evil

If you walked by a street and you was walking a concrete and you saw a rose growing from concrete, even if it had messed up petals and it was a little to the side you would marvel at just seeing a rose grow through concrete. So way is it that when you see some ghetto kid grow out of the dirtiest circumstance and he can talk and he can sit across the room and make you cry, make you laugh, all you can talk about is my dirty rose, my dirty stems and how am leaning crooked to the side, u can't even see that I've come up from out of that

If you know in this hotel room they have food every day and I knock on the door. Every day they open tha door to let me see tha party, let me see that they throwin' salami, throwin' food around telling me there's no food. Every day. I'm standing outside tryin to sing my way in- "We are weak, please let us in. We're week, please let us in." After about a week tha song is gonna change to, "We're hungry, we need some food." After two, three weeks it's like "Give me some of tha food! I'm breakin down tha door." After a year it's like, "I'm pickin' the lock, comin' through the door blastin." It's like, "I'm hungry." You reached your level, you don't want any more. We asked ten years ago, we were askin' with the Panthers, we were askin' in the Civil Rights Movement. Now those who were askin' are all dead or in jail, wo what are we gonna do? And we shouldn't be angry!?"
[/url]

This quote is not meant to offend anyone, I just found it funny xD

"As a child I prayed for a new bike every night, but eventually I found out that is not the way the Lord works. So I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness."

haha, that quote was really good! :D

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

'to be or not to be'-Shakespear :lol:

Not really a quote. Its a line from a play. Spoken by Prince Hamlet in The Tragedy of Hamlet

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

"You must believe you are the best, and then make sure that you are"

"If you are first you are first, if you are second, you are nothing"

"Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling, aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor"

Those three were by the late, great Bill Shankly.