Great Quotes - Post Here

kidurdude

'to be or not to be'-Shakespear :lol:

Not really a quote. Its a line from a play. Spoken by Prince Hamlet in The Tragedy of Hamlet

There are better speeches in that play as well, for example, when they are reciting the legend of Phyrrus. Just wow.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Lady Macbeth in 'the scottish play'. Now thats lines...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

"Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning."

How corny was that :D :D

ha ha, just watched that movie the other day.

Not really a quote. Its a line from a play. Spoken by Prince Hamlet in The Tragedy of Hamlet

wether its a line from a play or not, you can quote it. its like taking a line from a movie and quoting it, like the one in the first part of my post.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

if there is a will there is a way

to every problem there is a solution

It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities - professor dumbledore

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from

them, and you have their shoes

everything will be ok - just tell urself this when u r unhappy

two great films, and four great quotes, some better than others.

good will hunting

1. Will: Do you like apples?!

Guy: Uh. yeah. Why?

Will: Well I got her number, how do you like them apples?

2. "Chuckie: Oh, I don't know that. Let me tell you what I do know. Every day I come by to pick you up. And we go out we have a few drinks, and a few laughs and it's great. But you know what the best part of my day is? It's for about ten seconds from when I pull up to the curb to when I get to your door. Because I think maybe I'll get up there and I'll knock on the door and you won't be there. No goodbye, no see you later, no nothin'. Just left. I don't know much, but I know that."

3. guy: the question is why shouldn't you work for N.S.A?

Will: Why shouldn't I work for the N.S.A.? That's a tough one, but I'll give it a shot. Say I'm working at N.S.A. Somebody puts a code on my desk, something nobody else can break. So I take a shot at it and maybe I break it. And I'm real happy with myself, 'cause I did my job well. But maybe that code was the location of some rebel army in North Africa or the Middle East. Once they have that location, they bomb the village where the rebels were hiding and fifteen hundred people I never had a problem with get killed. Now the politicians are sayin', "Send in the marines to secure the area" 'cause they don't give a [cabbage]. It won't be their kid over there, gettin' shot. Just like it wasn't them when their number was called, 'cause they were pullin' a tour in the National Guard. It'll be some guy from Southie takin' shrapnel in the [wagon]. And he comes home to find that the plant he used to work at got exported to the country he just got back from. And the guy who put the shrapnel in his [wagon] got his old job, 'cause he'll work for fifteen cents a day and no bathroom breaks. Meanwhile my buddy from Southie realizes the only reason he was over there was so we could install a government that would sell us oil at a good price. And of course the oil companies used the skirmish to scare up oil prices so they could turn a quick buck. A cute little ancillary benefit for them but it ain't helping my buddy at two-fifty a gallon. And naturally they're takin' their sweet time bringin' the oil back, and maybe even took the liberty of hiring an alcoholic skipper who likes to drink martinis and play slalom with the icebergs, and it ain't too long 'til he hits one, spills the oil and kills all the sea life in the North Atlantic. So my buddy's out of work and he can't afford to drive, so he's got to walk to the job interviews, which sucks 'cause the shrapnel in his [wagon] is givin' him chronic hemorrhoids. And meanwhile he's starvin' 'cause every time he tries to get a bite to eat the only blue plate special they're servin' is North Atlantic scrod with Quaker State. So what do I think? I'm holdin' out for somethin' better. Why not just shoot my buddy, take his job and give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe and join the National Guard? I could be elected president.

Scarface :twisted:

1. Frank Lopez: Tony, don't kill me, please!

Tony Montana: I ain't gonna kill you.

Frank Lopez: Oh Christ, thank you! Thank you!

[Tony looks at Manny]

Tony Montana: Manolo, shoot that piece of sh!t!

2. Frank Lopez: Lesson number one: Don't underestimate the other guy's greed!

[laughing]

Elvira Hancock: Lesson number two: Don't get high on your own supply.

3. Omar: Watch my back.

Tony Montana: Better than your front, lemme tell you. Much easier to watch.

if you know the films you'll understand.

vistame09copyhr8.png

What is love without sacrifice, what is life wifout pain... Merely a rollercoaster you have no control of - Myself. Gav Mackay

And a funnie 1 is. Don't worry about the world coming to an end dude. Its already tomorrow in Australia.

haha that's awesome.

respect

Maksta, here is a good answer to the quote in your sig (written by a friend):

Gabriel and Captain Winkly-Shigglies

Edward Norton (no relation) stumbled upon time travel quite by accident while taping two cats (Gabriel and Captain Winkly-Shigglies) together to see which one would land on its feet. His prediction that they might hover and spin endlessly only a few inches above the floor was not so far from the truth. However, heÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d only intended to ride these frisky floating felines to work, not to open an irreparable rupture in the fabric of space and time. Upon further experimentation, he realized he could fit his whole head in it. Needless to say, the idea soon caught on, and anywhere where a human being could get their hands on two living cats and a roll of duct tape, people all over the world were opening their own entrances into time. Of course, the portals were too small to send a human through, but you could shout through it and throw sandwiches, which were gladly received on the other end by the generally starving population of the future. Things could not be thrown the other way, but the future people could yell back at you, and they often did, usually some nonsensical gibberish, the sort of thing I suppose youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d expect of a horribly bleak dystopian future-society ruled by space bees. So essentially, what you got was thousands of backyard time-portals with not much use at all except as interesting conversation pieces with which to entertain dinner guests. And a lot of dizzy cats. Then, one enterprising zoo-keeper, Dennis Rodman (no relation) in Maryland, Virginia, stumbled upon the idea that taping two tigers together back to back would open a larger portal, thus the possibility of sending a human traveler through was seriously considered. Once Rodman had settled on his title: Chrononaut (the names Timecop and Watchkeeper were quickly rejected), the intrepid team of zoo keepers and gaffers got to work. One would expect more of a fight, but the tigers gave in with almost no struggle, as if theyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d already given up and accepted their ridiculous fate. The footage is now well known, the orange and black blur common on t-shirts and mugs all over the world, but thereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s something about the sight of two formerly graceful fully-grown jungle predators twirling in a demented waltz (or maybe more like a yoyo) that sets your teeth on edge. Writers spent decades trying to decide on an appropriate simile, but nothing can really convey the image. A literary holy grail made of spinning tigers. ThereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s probably a Pulitzer in it for someone if they manage it. Regardless, the experiment was a success, and Dennis Rodman stepped through manÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s first future-portal. He was, of course, executed immediately on the other side by the swarms of angry future bees. Further explorers were similarly and summarily killed upon landing on the other side. This of course sparked the human need for immediate retaliation on the part of the present day humans. Hand-grenades were sent through, and once theyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d decided the coast was clear, another group of explorers, armed with honey, went through. Anyway, to cut a long, disappointing story short, we nuked the future back into the stone-age. The reasoning that we had to pre-empt the future-peopleÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s own attack is sadly flawed. Nothing could go back through the portal except voices, and cats in the future are fifty feet tall and breathe mustard gas, and attempts on the part of the future-people to tie them together were met with rather spectacular failure. One present-day man (Billy Baldwin, the actor) was foolish enough to send the future-people a cat (Fluffy) with which to travel through time, but luckily they had nothing to tie it to (except their shattered hopes and dreams), so it wasnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t much use to the would-be time-travelers from the future. Once we had completely destroyed the people from that period in the future, we considered tying other animals together in the same way to go to other time periods. But of course that didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t work. Not everything always lands on its feet.

tmpphpnppgpw.png

"Life is a sexually transmitted disease, and it's 100% fatal." - Anonymous

Ok, I'm not going to go into the first part. Second part - everyone will perish. Enjoy what you have created for another - death.

Father: "Son, I just want you to know: life is a black, sucking vortex of anguish and despair, filled with brief moments of false hope and empty joy, all the while dragging you inevitable closer to final, absolute, and eternal death."

Son: "thanks dad.." - Anonymous

Related to the first.

If voting could change something, it would be illegal. - Graffiti on a Montreal building

Those in power do all that is within their power to stay in power.

What is love without sacrifice, what is life wifout pain... Merely a rollercoaster you have no control of.

you already posted that one?

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

"God made Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve" - Alan Partridge

"Triangular sandwiches taste better than square ones." - Peter Kay

"One of the most awkward things that can happen in a pub is when your pint-to-toilet cycle gets synchronised with a complete stranger." - Peter Kay

"Every bloke has at some stage while taking a pee flushed half way through and then raced against the flush." - Peter Kay

"a black man is no diffrent than a white man and a white man is no diffrent than a brown man only in how much they fear god are they diffrent"

it goes somthing like that cant rember exactly

"as soon as the old version is deleted the new version will die the old version will not reinstall"

"artificial intelegence is no match for natural stupidity"

Dragon drops - 2

visage drops- 1

barrow drops - 5