03-Dec-2009 - The Temple at Senntisten

BiJay

I too noticed Zaros asking about us "have I found my faithful"?, and Azzanadra calling us that, but what's most intrigued me was the great city of Sennisten that stood above. I wish we could gaze upon it's might...

oh and about god alignments, lets use DnD system:

Saradomin - lawful good

Zamorak - chaotic evil

Guthix - Neutral

Zaros - either lawful evil, or neutral good.

I'm leaning towards Neutral Good.

Most say in Runescape that Zaros is pure, absolute evil.

But most who say that are worshipers of Zamorak. So, I don't really know how that's gonna play out.

Neutral Evil could be a possibility as well, I suppose. I don't think he's true evil though. But I think that possibility is a slim one.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Future plots, has this Earthquake at the end of Temple of Senntisten perhaps awoken Guthix?

Zaros I think is neutral, Zamorak is evil afterall he did betray Zaros, main reason it's thought Zaros is evil is because he wanted to be Leader of the Mahjarrats and rule over Gielinor.

It's odd how not much focuses on Saradomin or Zamorak in quests, Digsite, Desert treasure + Temple of Senntisten have all focused on Zaros.

Wgs + Meeting history both focused on Guthix.

The force to stop is Lucien since he has the Jas stone and the Staff of Armadyl, I'm sure if we got our hands on any in the quest line we'd be pretty hard to kill too (but not as powerful as the Mahjarrat of course they seem to embrace the power)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I personally think that Zaros was just the "powering" God over Runescape at the time, not evil at all.

Wanting more power, Saradomin made a deal with Zamorak to overthrow Zaros with promise to Zamorak with land or power. This explains how these "accidental" events (ghostly robes miniquest) occurred and how Zamorak ended up with an enchanted Staff of Armadyl.

But with Zaros accidentally tripping and both Zamorak and Zaros being punctured by the Staff of Armadyl, Zamorak became a God indirectly through power.

So, with the sudden godhood Zamorak had, he felt he shouldn't need to head Saradomin anymore. But I think they both still heeded the power of Zaros, as they both teamed up to destroy Zaros' empire city by city.

Saradomin, the not-so-good God.

I personally think that Zaros was just the "powering" God over Runescape at the time, not evil at all.

Wanting more power, Saradomin made a deal with Zamorak to overthrow Zaros with promise to Zamorak with land or power. This explains how these "accidental" events (ghostly robes miniquest) occurred and how Zamorak ended up with an enchanted Staff of Armadyl.

But with Zaros accidentally tripping and both Zamorak and Zaros being punctured by the Staff of Armadyl, Zamorak became a God indirectly through power.

So, with the sudden godhood Zamorak had, he felt he shouldn't need to head Saradomin anymore. But I think they both still heeded the power of Zaros, as they both teamed up to destroy Zaros' empire city by city.

Saradomin, the not-so-good God.

Zamorak still doesn't measure up to Zaros power and potential if he does return soon though ;) Zamorak is the pretender, the little brother that will cower when the big brother comes home, this is just an analogy of course they are not family :P

Well, it wasn't Saradomin who helped Zamorak, just some Saradomin followers, in their hopes to break the power of Zaros. And about Saradomin being good: that just not true, he led whole armies to conquer the world, just as Zaros and Zamorak did. Only he did it with so called "Law and Justice". History is written by the winner of a fight, in this case, most human civilisations worship Saradomin and from this angle Saradomin looks good and Zamorak bad, but it's just a matter of perspectives. :P Just wanted to point that out.

I've finally done the quest. While I thought it was a pretty good quest I do have an issue. The length. It was pretty short for a Master quest. I mean, it might take you a few minutes, but honestly it's a Barrows run and then Ghorrock. Don't get me wrong, the fortress was cool and all, but that should've been part of the quest, not practically the whole quest. So again, Jagex gave us a short quest, as they have done with every quest this year with the only exception being Chosen Commander.

On a personal note I was disappointed not to see Sliske in this quest. I'm not really criticizing it, I was just hoping, you know...

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Libs, during the quest you could have a nice conversation with the strange old man, before and after you got the icon (2 different dialogues), my suspection is that Slikse was all the time with us....

Dundundundunnnn....

Since Mahjarrat can shapeshift they could all with us, could be the dairy cows in lumby for all we know, just when will they choose to reveal themselves :smile:

I've finally done the quest. While I thought it was a pretty good quest I do have an issue. The length. It was pretty short for a Master quest. I mean, it might take you a few minutes, but honestly it's a Barrows run and then Ghorrock. Don't get me wrong, the fortress was cool and all, but that should've been part of the quest, not practically the whole quest. So again, Jagex gave us a short quest, as they have done with every quest this year with the only exception being Chosen Commander.

On a personal note I was disappointed not to see Sliske in this quest. I'm not really criticizing it, I was just hoping, you know...

It would have seemed a lot longer if you had tried it without a guide.

punitivedsig.png

This. I spent at least an hour on it, which is perfectly acceptable for a master quest.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

This. I spent at least an hour on it, which is perfectly acceptable for a master quest.

That. I hate how people complain about the length and simplicity of a quest when they've used a guide. If they had to figure it out themselves it would have taken a considerably longer amount of time.

That. I hate how people complain about the length and simplicity of a quest when they've used a guide. If they had to figure it out themselves it would have taken a considerably longer amount of time.

Libs didnt really say if she used a guide or not but I agree, quests take alot more time without a guide.

I used about 2 hours reading all the dialogue then another hour testing new prayers.

And even though its a Master quest, Jagex have said the required quests and levels to do the quest pitch into the ranking the quest gets.

The requirements for this quest + the required ones for the previous quests needed are around mid-high level and I found the length to be good without using a guide.

I agree that the quest felt a bit short, but I am also not complaining! It seems it is only shorter (and most of the new quests I have noticed this) because Jagex didn't add in all that senseless running back and forth that most older quests require. Think about it.. an older quest would have had you do the barrows run, then be forced to go back and turn in that piece, then get the second part to go to the fortress.. but in this quest he assigns both at the same time and you can choose which order to do them without reporting back first. Also, all of the items you need are readily available during the quest, and the quest NPC(s) even teleport you to the next part sometimes.

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

I don't completely consider the playing time when I consider the length of a quest.

For example, if you're doing My Arm's Big Adventure and you have 2% at Tai Bwo Cleanup, I'm not counting the 30-60 minutes it might take to get to 60% reward. I'd consider the steps in the quest.

My issue with the quest is that it's like every quest this year. It came across to me as lazy. I like the way they tied in the Barrows chest, but when they made it half the quest, it was a let down for me.

I liked the puzzle too, but after having down ME2 4 or so years ago, this puzzle didn't phase me all that much. Oh, and we got the relic. Boy that way difficult. Couldn't they have made it that he was caught and locked out and we had to break him out or something? Nope. He's just hanging about in the Digsite. Too bad he couldn't have been given a nice little lounge charir like the Leprachaun on top of the Troll Stronghold.

I don't completely consider the playing time when I consider the length of a quest.

For example, if you're doing My Arm's Big Adventure and you have 2% at Tai Bwo Cleanup, I'm not counting the 30-60 minutes it might take to get to 60% reward. I'd consider the steps in the quest.

My issue with the quest is that it's like every quest this year. It came across to me as lazy. I like the way they tied in the Barrows chest, but when they made it half the quest, it was a let down for me.

I liked the puzzle too, but after having down ME2 4 or so years ago, this puzzle didn't phase me all that much. Oh, and we got the relic. Boy that way difficult. Couldn't they have made it that he was caught and locked out and we had to break him out or something? Nope. He's just hanging about in the Digsite. Too bad he couldn't have been given a nice little lounge charir like the Leprachaun on top of the Troll Stronghold.

We already did break out Dr Nabanik (Azzanadra) in Desert Treasure as he's confined to 4 Diamonds, that's why he couldnt contact Zaros earlier, but we already broke him out once killed the four diamond carriers, restored his power at the pyramid, which he was a ghost he rewarded use with ancient magicks, now curse prayers I'll help him anyday!

But why rescue him again? he went under that name and form to hide himself he's a Mahjarrat afterall, if he went around with Azzanadra signposted Zammy/Sara followered would do the same again

We already did break out Dr Nabanik (Azzanadra) in Desert Treasure as he's confined to 4 Diamonds, that's why he couldnt contact Zaros earlier, but we already broke him out once killed the four diamond carriers, restored his power at the pyramid, which he was a ghost he rewarded use with ancient magicks, now curse prayers I'll help him anyday!

But why rescue him again? he went under that name and form to hide himself he's a Mahjarrat afterall, if he went around with Azzanadra signposted Zammy/Sara followered would do the same again

I thought Libs was talking about the assassin. I also found it a bit odd that he would be hanging out just above ground. On the other hand, all that dialogue about being a master thief and all would have been a little silly if we had had to rescue him/her. I thought it was a simple way to keep that character in the line. I assume the assassin will appear again in a future quest.

punitivedsig.png

Punitive is right. And when I said locked up, I was thinking more of him trapped somewhere or whatever. Just something. Not him just chilling in the Digsite.

I bet you'd say Jagex turned repetitive and are no longer cteative if that did happen... You're just never happy.

I bet you'd say Jagex turned repetitive and are no longer cteative if that did happen... You're just never happy.

You say it like I'm sitting under a bridge waiting for some billy goats gruff to cross over my head so I can jump up and eat them. I'm very happy with this quest. I liked it a lot. But I do have some criticisms about it. I personally don't mind a little repitition, but I do mind what I see as half-assing certain things.

Oh, and in the future, please don't criticize me for something you think I *might* do. Keep it to things I actually *do* do.

You say it like I'm sitting under a bridge waiting for some billy goats gruff to cross over my head so I can jump up and eat them. I'm very happy with this quest. I liked it a lot. But I do have some criticisms about it. I personally don't mind a little repitition, but I do mind what I see as half-assing certain things.

Oh, and in the future, please don't criticize me for something you think I *might* do. Keep it to things I actually *do* do.

You said do-do :lol: <3:

Alright, the way I see it you ALWAYS not matter how great (or aweful) an update was, find something to whine about.

I don't mean to offend you, but it really does seem like you're waiting under a bridge for some billy goats to cross over your head so you can jump and eat them.