03-Dec-2009 - The Temple at Senntisten

BiJay

there are new waterfiends

they are level 134

i went tehre last night

THEY ARE CANNONABLE

THEY DROP 2 CRIMSONS AT A TIME, at probably the same rate as normal wfs

also the metals outside are cannonable

Can anyone confirm this? Mainly the part about them being cannonable.

Hameigh.png

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These new prayers = God really.

I use soul split and turmoil at wyverns, I don't even have to eat lol I hit like a 48 heal a 12 and theyjust cant hit me hard enough.

Also 2 Granite legs this task tyvm.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

For those who are in desperate need of a Green Dragon spot, you can kill them in 35 wilderness. Use the canoe station to get into 35 wildy, and head a bit east. You can also bank at the BH bank and run north to get there. There are four dragons there, which are always empty. Bank by running down a few levels and glory teleing to Edgeville. Your main problem will be reverants, which due to the higher wildy level will be even more annoying, were that possible. If they attack, just run down to the former Bounty Hunter crater; they won't follow you.

alex don't reveal pro spots plz

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

alex don't reveal pro spots plz

Pfft, I don't even hunt Green Dragons anymore. I hunt Blues now, which incidentially, a really awesome spot with no people in it is just south of Ya- *shot*.

Get, 70 agility and kill blues in qc worlds, its better than killing them at guthanoth

By the way guyz, the 5$ question, are the new prayers worth getting membership?

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

With these new prayers, is there even a reason why you would want to change prayer books, just like you might want normal magic for teleports or ancients for offensive spells?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

With these new prayers, is there even a reason why you would want to change prayer books, just like you might want normal magic for teleports or ancients for offensive spells?

Stat boosters come to mind, Curses go without an equal to Piety until level 95.

there are new waterfiends

they are level 134

i went tehre last night

THEY ARE CANNONABLE

THEY DROP 2 CRIMSONS AT A TIME, at probably the same rate as normal wfs

also the metals outside are cannonable

Not even close. Ironically, the 132 icefiends upstairs seemed to drop charms more often, and were easier to kill. But even they only drop charms like 20-40% of the time.

As for the new prayers, now that I've had a chance to test them fully I've got to say I'm pretty underwhelmed. The deflect prayers only have a recoil effect and then only VERY rarely. In fact I didn't see a deflection once at TDs, and only a few times during a trip to waterfiends. The sap def prayer didn't seem to make a big enough dent in the TDs defense to justify the prayer drain. Also the berserker prayer drains too much prayer to justify prolonging stat bonuses. Those saved super sets will only equate to more prayer pot doses drunk, which are obviously far more expensive. Oh and obviously these new prayers are very bad choices for prayer flashing, because they require at least two turns for the drain effect to kick in. Flashing piety would be a much better choice than flashing turmoil. And then there's soul split. Honestly, for most applications the healing just doesn't justify the prayer drain. Replacing a protection prayer for soul split is just a bad idea. You use protection prayers at certain monsters because they hit you hard and often, thus if you used soul split you'd have it on like 24/7. So why not just use the protection prayer instead? And for other slayer tasks it's just fluff really. Uni and bunyip do a good enough job. Replacing them for soul split would just be unjustifiably expensive if you needed to use prayer potions, because they're friggin 14k each.

Not that I don't like the new prayer book, it defiantly has its uses, such as PvP. I could absolutely rip through people in Castlewars using turmoil, and understandably so because not only do you get a ~30% attack bonus, but the enemy also takes a 15% hit to defense.

Soul split would be awesome to use in conjunction with combat familiars though, and creatures would have to hit pretty hard to outhit it (it heals like 25 hp on most normal slayer monsters, which is more than most of them would hit).

2dvjurb.png

I suppose it's not enough data from just one vid, but it seems like leech special attack is ridiculously OP for PvP. Besides the initial specs they dish out at the start, it seems like it would pretty much completely steal someone's ability to spec :blink: . 86 prayer at least doesn't seem useless... the other curses I suppose we'll have to test out. The drain rate would seem to take away part of the benefit of the other leech curses just from my first gut reaction

After serveral hours in dual arena with new prayers (lv71-) up, drain spec dont really affect d claws and ddp++ but it does make ags useless. Drain spec do drain quite alot of prayer and when you use it, you have to swtich it off after it drain 2 times or else you might run out of prayer for deflect melee and sap melee.

Not too hard to do in arena since you dont have to eat but I guess you cant really spare the extra attenton for that when you are in pvp world.

Stat boosters come to mind, Curses go without an equal to Piety until level 95.

the only thing that curses lack are stat boosters yeah, you can't flash turmoil because it's slow to activate, and the only other boosters are the leeches which aren't useful for much besides pking

These new prayers = God really.

I use soul split and turmoil at wyverns, I don't even have to eat lol I hit like a 48 heal a 12 and theyjust cant hit me hard enough.

Also 2 Granite legs this task tyvm.

agree 100%. i cant wait for all the 90+ updates for other skills

rhupajiva.png

what i said is true about the cannonable part

on the "probably as ofter as other wfs", that was based off a few kills, i killed 5 and got 4 sets of crims, i might have been realy lucky idk

heers cannon pic, i didnt get a pic of me cannoning wfs but trust me u can

091205005929.png

a_final_name.png

I'm doing the quest, and I'm wondering if the Frostenhorn part is a pain in the [wagon]. I'm level 132 and I'm bringing black hides, enchanted diamond bolts, and an anti-fire shield. It's a welfare set up because I've spent most of my money on Construction furniture.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

This quest marked the first time that I have turned on the in-game music for a while: The normal ice temple music was very serene yet desolate and reminded me of Metroid music, the boss fight was exciting, and the final cut scene music left me feeling unsettled and satisfyingly disturbed, great job :thumbsup: !

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Waterfiends dont give a bonus with Turmoil :-(

Well it might be because they only mage and range.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

Any reason why I would want to use the new prayers when slaying? I haven't done the quest yet and I wonder if one of those new prayers could be used for some heavy slaying. I see some of them boost your stats well, but I wonder if the drain rate won't make me lose a lot of money on prayer potions...

I'm doing the quest, and I'm wondering if the Frostenhorn part is a pain in the [wagon]. I'm level 132 and I'm bringing black hides, enchanted diamond bolts, and an anti-fire shield. It's a welfare set up because I've spent most of my money on Construction furniture.

Dunno, Frostenhorn seemed quite easy to me (cb 134). I hit quite a lot of misses with a whip, but he didn't hit me very bad at all.

I liked the quest though. It was relatively easy. Luckily I already did most of the kudos for the varrock museum that I needed. Then it was just a barrows run, and the frostenhorn. It didn't take very long. I like the dialogue though.

Maybe there was a glitch though. I prayed at the altar and I got 92 prayer (instead of normal) 80. But later I just had my normal prayerbook with 92 prayer. Not the new one. Don't know why.

Thumbs up for the quest though. It was an enjoyable experience.

Interestingly the entrance to the ice fortress was infested with revenants. I guess the region had seen a lot of activity. So I had a bit of a hairy moment because I was wearing bandos and other good gear.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

Dunno, Frostenhorn seemed quite easy to me (cb 134). I hit quite a lot of misses with a whip, but he didn't hit me very bad at all.

I liked the quest though. It was relatively easy. Luckily I already did most of the kudos for the varrock museum that I needed. Then it was just a barrows run, and the frostenhorn. It didn't take very long. I like the dialogue though.

Maybe there was a glitch though. I prayed at the altar and I got 92 prayer (instead of normal) 80. But later I just had my normal prayerbook with 92 prayer. Not the new one. Don't know why.

Thumbs up for the quest though. It was an enjoyable experience.

Interestingly the entrance to the ice fortress was infested with revenants. I guess the region had seen a lot of activity. So I had a bit of a hairy moment because I was wearing bandos and other good gear.

Altar gives a Prayer Boost when you pray at it.

With the Frostenhorn, its not that difficult. I killed it with 10 monkfish, a dds and in black dragonhide + Mage Protect. (My combat's only 115 also)

Popoto.~<3

I'd stay with the normal prayer book. I'll admit I haven't used the curse book ALOT, but enough to put me off using it as a casual monster killing book. The reflect curses don't really reflect much damage at all (less than a recoil, I'd say) and whenever you're hit there's an annoying animation delay (like when you use d claw specs).

Then again I've only got 80 prayer, I have no idea if 90+ prayer makes curses worthwhile in casual monster killing.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I hit more often with my dds than my whip on the Ice demon though, which I thought was kind of odd.