03-Dec-2009 - The Temple at Senntisten

BiJay

but the reflect spells don't do anything

Yes they do.

They reflect from what the attack would of hit.

Same way guthan npc heals from what he would of hit

And ring of recoil can throw damage bk depsite protect prayer making 0 hits.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Altar isn't too hard to reach with a digsite pendant; also, when recharging prayer at house altar, you get asked if you want to switch back to normal prayers or not.

Btw, if I read correctly during the quest, shouldnt removing the item from barrows stop the prayer drain there? Has anyone tested that yet? Or did I just read wrong <_<

Theoretically yes, as the "artifact" or whatever, that drains your prayer is gone...

But I somehow doubt it.

This quest raises some interesting story points:

Even in this state Zaros has a great deal of power - causes the zamorak statue to shatter

Gods returning can't be a good thing, the abyss portal pulsating, nearly losing the universe just from Zaros communicating

AND it seems both Zaros and Guthix want us alive and know we have a purpose to play yet.

Don't forget the elven and fremnik prophecy.

Wonder how well these deflect prayers will work on Jad?

Echo, this update pretty much puts the nail in the coffin of the combat triangle.

Anyone with 54 pray or above can now instantly drain your magic level by 10%, increasing to 20% (or 25% with leech over time). Even at 99 magic, this means a -10 to your magic level, meaning that you can't even blood barrage.

All this update has done is power up melee even more, at the great expense of magic.

So the leech/sap prayer does not actually decrease the stats on the stat tab? So similar to the familars an invisible deduction? If so I would think this as a melee nerf. :s

That actually prevents mages from being raped because they can't use their spells.

Just a tip to the questers-

[hide=Spoiler]The uber-icefiends and the Ice Demon are very weak to stab attacks, as opposed to Waterfiends, and their crush weakness. I never missed with the Zam Spear, Piety, and a Super Set.[/hide]

Thanks, i was always hitting 0`s. I`ll try with stab.

I killed all the creatures there with a whip....

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I did a Barrows run right after finishing the quest. Your prayer is still drained at the same rate as before.

Obviously a bug then, because we took the icon. Report it.

It was a hoax, but it's actually a good idea for an update. Someone hit the suggestions forum!

I did a Barrows run right after finishing the quest. Your prayer is still drained at the same rate as before.

Obviously a bug then, because we took the icon. Report it.

I doubt it. Barrows would be too easy without the prayer drain. You could camp there for far more chests, brining only p pots then.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Okay I just did the quest (after doing 6 quests I neede to do it!) and finished it.

There are supposed to be level 134 waterfiends in there but I can't find them. Any ideas?

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

The quest was awesome :thumbsup: and it just puts Zaro's power into perspective for any of those who doubted him. I personally happy that after years of arguing with "zammy > Zaros" noobs i finally have something to back it up besides for the lore that they don't read. :wink:

Y_Z.png

Okay I just did the quest (after doing 6 quests I neede to do it!) and finished it.

There are supposed to be level 134 waterfiends in there but I can't find them. Any ideas?

Those are icefiends you're referring to.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

By themselves, no. With leech, yes.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

am i the only one that thinks levels 72-91 are completely useless

This guy made a video where we get to see the effects of the level 86 leech special attack curse...

I got up a quick video showcasing some of the more unique new prayers :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvoDkNqxG5o

I suppose it's not enough data from just one vid, but it seems like leech special attack is ridiculously OP for PvP. Besides the initial specs they dish out at the start, it seems like it would pretty much completely steal someone's ability to spec :blink: . 86 prayer at least doesn't seem useless... the other curses I suppose we'll have to test out. The drain rate would seem to take away part of the benefit of the other leech curses just from my first gut reaction

insipid_soup.png

No, the icefiends are level 132.

I've seen several references to level 134 waterfiends but don't see any anywhere.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

There's a glitch with the lamps at the end. It says you can destroy it and obtain another from Azza, but Out of curiosity I tried it and you cant. So....dont follow my example until its fixed. lol

Popoto.~<3

I hope your lying, because I really thought I was fighting waterfiends the entire time....

^Defense drains like that can be a serious help with an boss. They have uses; they're just the curse versions of stat boosting prayers.

Wrath looks awesome.

My pathetic attempts to solo Graardor work much better now with these prayers. Before I could only get one kill, if I was lucky, before I ran outta food. Now, I got two kills! Barely.....

But the point is I had more then enough supps for the first kill.

And I was just using sap melee with deflect melee.

Deflect prayers aren't that much better then normal prayers, the damage they deal is quite minimal. Still fun to use. I also like how all these prayers have animations. Well, most.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

But, as D Bones go up, they get more enticing to collect, and supply will go way up.

While that is true, Dragon Bones have a unique situation in that the supply is already pushed close to it's limit.

1) Green Dragons for Example are always full except in the high wilderness where Rev's are abundant. Its very difficult to find an world that is not full in Chaos Tunnels or Eastern Wilderness.

With the exeption of the new Iron/Steel's, Metal dragons are very difficult to get to. And because of this most bones collected by them are burried since its to difficult to bank them and get back.

KBD is occupied on almost every world, either by slayers or lower level groups. Green Brutals are to hard to lower level players to kill on a regular basis, as with Miths.

Unless some store stocks Dragon Bones (which it should) we are going to see more and more demand, and supply wont be able to keep up with it. Even if bones are 10k each the lack of dragons keeps the supply low.

2) Dragon Bones take a long time to be produced. Even at max 99'd stats and equipment, I dont kill more than 100 Green Dragons an hour. A player training prayer on a guilded alter can use up 100 Dbones in under 5 minutes. Because of this speed difference this makes much more of a lack in supply since production is way behind demand.

The best place for D bones, imo, is blue dragons at ogre enclave. Hardly anyone there ever, not that much harder than greens, and close to a teleport (ring of dueling). I really don't know why more people just don't go there =/. No need to hop from green to the KBD or metals/brutals

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

In the trapdoor place top floor is icefiends bottom floor is waterfiends

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

there are new waterfiends

they are level 134

i went tehre last night

THEY ARE CANNONABLE

THEY DROP 2 CRIMSONS AT A TIME, at probably the same rate as normal wfs

also the metals outside are cannonable

Not even close. Ironically, the 132 icefiends upstairs seemed to drop charms more often, and were easier to kill. But even they only drop charms like 20-40% of the time.

As for the new prayers, now that I've had a chance to test them fully I've got to say I'm pretty underwhelmed. The deflect prayers only have a recoil effect and then only VERY rarely. In fact I didn't see a deflection once at TDs, and only a few times during a trip to waterfiends. The sap def prayer didn't seem to make a big enough dent in the TDs defense to justify the prayer drain. Also the berserker prayer drains too much prayer to justify prolonging stat bonuses. Those saved super sets will only equate to more prayer pot doses drunk, which are obviously far more expensive. Oh and obviously these new prayers are very bad choices for prayer flashing, because they require at least two turns for the drain effect to kick in. Flashing piety would be a much better choice than flashing turmoil. And then there's soul split. Honestly, for most applications the healing just doesn't justify the prayer drain. Replacing a protection prayer for soul split is just a bad idea. You use protection prayers at certain monsters because they hit you hard and often, thus if you used soul split you'd have it on like 24/7. So why not just use the protection prayer instead? And for other slayer tasks it's just fluff really. Uni and bunyip do a good enough job. Replacing them for soul split would just be unjustifiably expensive if you needed to use prayer potions, because they're friggin 14k each.

Not that I don't like the new prayer book, it defiantly has its uses, such as PvP. I could absolutely rip through people in Castlewars using turmoil, and understandably so because not only do you get a ~30% attack bonus, but the enemy also takes a 15% hit to defense.