03-Dec-2009 - The Temple at Senntisten

BiJay

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have waited over 3 hours for a "Video Quest guide", not for guideance but for cutscenes and plot.

Can you stop getting me excited for this quest? The fact that I can't do it for more than a week is the biggest tease ever =/

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Holy hell, just finished the quest. It's GODLY. So much fun, very much enjoyed. Seems like they are trying to create a sort of main storyline for RuneScape.

Runescape has always had said story line.

Since waaay bk in RSC days digsite and hazeel cult and plague city have sowed the seeds of these slowly growing stories.

People only pay heed now as everything is begining to come together

That's what I meant, the story is coming to fruition. Seems like Jagex have been planning it for yeaaaars.

AvantGardeSignaturev3.png

Ahaha, they provided an actual incantation for each of the curses in the hymnal you get after the quest. And it's in LATIN! Way to go, Jagex, using the old cliche that Latin is "the ominous language."

Oh come on, does that really deserve a rant? The quest sounds excellent, so what if they used Latin instead of making up some words for the curses?

Tbh it's not a rant, it's more of a Jagex have put levels of interest into the rewards, and that extra knowledge shows more of Jagexs humour if you know where to find it.

This. I was actually pleasantly surprised that they did that.

td2sig.jpg

This is all depending on several what ifs:

1) the prayers actually take levels literally and not just in effect

2) the mage has not potted up

3) the mage does not counter said prayer with a prayer of their own

1. This does need to be tested out. Does a "drain" show up on your stats as a literal -X amount? If not, this update just got a lot better.

2. Magic potions have a fixed boost of 5, unlike melee potions which boost by a percentage amount and have a greater impact. Even if you have a magic potion with you and assuming 99 as a base, your magic level would still only go from 89 to 94, which is barely enough for ice barrage. Even then, the stat drain continues up to 20% or 25% of your magic level. Either keep sipping pots, or face not being able to use spells.

3. Leech Magic boost starts off at 5% and rises to 10%. Leech Magic drain starts off at 10% and rises to 25%. Which is going to win?

What about stat restore pots im pretty sure they still will revive magic back it its original level???

Quest preview. Short, but I still enjoyed making it. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABiqrKwDvCM

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

Quest preview. Short, but I still enjoyed making it. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABiqrKwDvCM

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

How much of the quest does that spoil? Don't know whether to watch or not....

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Have waited over 3 hours for a "Video Quest guide", not for guideance but for cutscenes and plot.

Can you stop getting me excited for this quest? The fact that I can't do it for more than a week is the biggest tease ever =/

Do you want to take it outside ?! I will QUEST YOU DOWN!

P.S Thanks Den for the preview. Great preview video, 10/10.

Cool update, I started the quest, and seconds later I found a single epic thing.

TELEPORTING TO DIGSITE WITH ALI'S AMULET COUNTS FOR THE VARROCK MEDIUM TASK!!

That stupid amulet has eluded me for hours of work and now I've finally beat it!!!

And a new place for steels (with Extreme Anti-fires+Zam Spear, as well as these new prayers, these are a totally bearable task)+Irons.... and those snazzy prayers...

Best, update, EVAR.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

Hey Den, I just finished the quest, but I didn't ever a skull headed man do the purple stuff in the temple? Can you explain to me when and what that was..? Or anyone who knows.. in Spoiler Tag of course.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

I just got here, and Turmoil actually sounds awesome for the name of the near-max prayer curse.

Does it stack with the Leech Strength prayer curse for up to 33% +10% of the opponent's strength? Does the 10% take off of their level after their stat is lowered or before, and does it take into account boosts such as other prayers or potions or set effects they may have been using?

2dgucz6.png

Hey Den, I just finished the quest, but I didn't ever a skull headed man do the purple stuff in the temple? Can you explain to me when and what that was..? Or anyone who knows.. in Spoiler Tag of course.

It was Den himself with Battle Robes from fist of Guthix ;)

Really? that's den dressed up in holiday items + canifis clothes lol

Sorry to burst your bubble :grin:

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Haha, I suspected it was a player dressed up to look all mahjarratty. However, whats the deal with the purple smoke? I can tell the flash was a video effect, but I cant think of any item that makes the purple smoke animation.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Lol @ Ranarr + Snape Grass + Snapdragon + Dragon Bone prices. Friend has over 1M Dragon Bones in anticipation for this update. Profit time...

Am i the only one seeing the opposite? For months players have been hoarding bones, pushing the prices up. This price rise was due to regular demand+Merch demand, probably over double that of normal. With all these being dumped into the g.e now, i'm doubting there is enough added demand through regular players to actually keep the price on any sort of rise, and to actually stop a crash. Especially if the price was to start dropping, it would panic the merchants into selling more, and stop buyers from buying as they would want to wait for the price to drop even lower. It 'could' all end in catastrophe, but only time will tell.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Some screen shots of the new quest for the guide. ******warning spoiler*****

make sure to pray mage!

941bddbcc0.jpg

91c5933bf8.jpg

A familiar helps keep the heat off of you (its a multi combat zone) and not wildy so you can tele out!

66247ccf50.jpg

closing scene

459d6d6afe.jpg

6bee6e3bdf.jpg

The reward!

e35e174a49.jpg

The new prayers (technically there curses)

ed73cec535.jpg

Edited by maxmax99
Please use [spoiler][/spoiler] tags when sharing spoilers with the community, especially with newly released content. :)
maxmax99.png

Haha, I suspected it was a player dressed up to look all mahjarratty. However, whats the deal with the purple smoke? I can tell the flash was a video effect, but I cant think of any item that makes the purple smoke animation.

Protect Item, Berserker and Turmoil all have animations once activated on the new prayer book, the purple smoke is Berserker at level-59

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Protect Item, Berserker and Turmoil all have animations once activated on the new prayer book, the purple smoke is Berserker at level-59

I got caught out on this one, il get away with it next time though! :P

Lol @ Ranarr + Snape Grass + Snapdragon + Dragon Bone prices. Friend has over 1M Dragon Bones in anticipation for this update. Profit time...

Am i the only one seeing the opposite? For months players have been hoarding bones, pushing the prices up. This price rise was due to regular demand+Merch demand, probably over double that of normal. With all these being dumped into the g.e now, i'm doubting there is enough added demand through regular players to actually keep the price on any sort of rise, and to actually stop a crash. Especially if the price was to start dropping, it would panic the merchants into selling more, and stop buyers from buying as they would want to wait for the price to drop even lower. It 'could' all end in catastrophe, but only time will tell.

People who dump their bones now are missing out on opportunities tbh. The real apex of any price rise wouldn't be until a bit afterwards, right?

hzvjpwS.gif

From what i have read this just seems like a huge buff to melee with turmoil. Melee has been jesusly overpowered for so long and now they have a buffed piety. Jagex needs to get some real magic and range prayers with like 20%-25% bonuses instead of just making melee more and more overpowered.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.