03-Dec-2009 - The Temple at Senntisten

BiJay

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only good thing is most runescapers can't afford to get their pray up which means it will be rare for someone to use the higher leveled prays.

Thats only because merchants have been manipulating dbones in expectation of this prayer updated promised to us for the end of the year.

Combined with panic buyers hiking the price up further.

Once the dust has settled odds are d bones are gonna crash allll the way bk down to probably under 1k for a while, then I reckon theyll stablise around 2k - 2.5k and then drift bk down to the 1.5k region as the rush of prayer trainers wears off

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Only good thing is most runescapers can't afford to get their pray up which means it will be rare for someone to use the higher leveled prays.

Thats only because merchants have been manipulating dbones in expectation of this prayer updated promised to us for the end of the year.

Once the dust has settled odds are d bones are gonna crash allll the way bk down to probably under 1k for a while, then I reckon theyll stablise around 2k - 2.5k and then drift bk down to the 1.5k region as the rush of prayer trainers wears off

Except they've been stable around 3.5k-4k for a long time now...

I've heard people 1 iteming with the new prayers in w65 and 18 are getting REALLY annoying... :|

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Theres WAY to many people who want to train prayer, and WAY to many people who have extra cash lying around for that to happen.

Due to inflation, and this update, D-Bones will never ever dip below 3k, likley staying above 2k even through crashes.

The Herb update is only for non-PVP and that STILL has an effect on herb prices. This update IS for pvp so we are looking at something that will change prices for months if not years. The cost of piety is still having an effect on d'bones and that is a low level prayer, and was added years ago.

Many people will be shooting for 90+ now and that will consume large amounts of bones keeping the supply down and demand up. Even a dump wont last long as there are frankly to many people willing to fork over money for faster levels and to much demand for them.

Unless there is some drastic bone/prayer training update I dont see bones ever getting that cheap anytime within the next 12+ months.

dawnsigblue-3.png

I guarantee you that once they go above 5k each they will never go down (lower than 5k, not lower in general)

time will tell I guess

its hard to say.

It all depends on how much is inflation, how much is merchants and how much is new found higher demand for prayer lvl.

if the later 2 are the majority and the demand for prayer wains after the craze ends they will crash; whihc is what i think will probs happen.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

if the later 2 are the majority and the demand for prayer wains after the craze ends they will crash; whihc is what i think will probs happen.

Yeah but D bones aren't reusable things like equipment are. If the craze for equipments stops they can just be sold. If D bones are crazed and used for the new prayer, they're gone by that time.

Also, the new prayers are amazing so there is no reason for the craze to lower. The lvl 92 prayer makes every single hit half a sgs special and it has a low drain rate, and considering that sgs's street price is 10m above med, I don't think the price of dbones are going down anytime soon, Good news to the green dragon hunters I geuss.

I agree with paw to be honest. People forget that it is not just inflation that has driven prices up. People have been hoarding them for months now, driving the price much higher than it should be. As soon as the prices start to level out, they will crash, very hard.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I still hate how there is no Turmoil(was that the buffed piety one) for range or mage...

Good thing is that Fight Caves will be a breeze with these

I wonder why you think Fight Caves will be easier? Prayer-switching is the only hard thing now, and that doesn't change, does it?

The demand for d bones is permanently enhanced. Tons of people are like me (70 prayer). Now all of us will be pushing much higher.

On the other hand, d bones are quite easy to get. As the price goes up, many of the 76k newbs might switch to dragon hunting. Supply will increase. Only a guess on my part, but I'd expect the new norm for d bones to be about 4k.

punitivedsig.png

I still hate how there is no Turmoil(was that the buffed piety one) for range or mage...

I wonder why you think Fight Caves will be easier? Prayer-switching is the only hard thing now, and that doesn't change, does it?

The demand for d bones is permanently enhanced. Tons of people are like me (70 prayer). Now all of us will be pushing much higher.

On the other hand, d bones are quite easy to get. As the price goes up, many of the 76k newbs might switch to dragon hunting. Supply will increase. Only a guess on my part, but I'd expect the new norm for d bones to be about 4k.

Killing Jad faster(reflect damage) -> less switching -> lower chance to fail.

Deflect and Sap/leech all the way through = faster kills = less pots used = more supplies for Jad

In addition to the points above

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I like how u get newbs (to tip.it atleast) you are like nah d bones wont crash tht far they been like 4k for months.

Then all the good old crowd are like yeah but ppl been mass hording and merching ever since jagex said in summer a high end prayer update was coming this year, they'llc rash ahrd.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

But, as D Bones go up, they get more enticing to collect, and supply will go way up.

But as soon as they level off everyone collecting and everyone merching will panic and dump.

So while at the moment we have far greater than demand than supply; as soon as craze and merching wavers slightly in a matter of hours HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of bones (quite literally) are gonna get dumped meaning we shift from having like 5 times more demand than supply to having like 30 times more supply than demand. Meaning prices will crash, and they will crash hard probably far lower than where they will resettle.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Yeah but D bones aren't reusable things like equipment are. If the craze for equipments stops they can just be sold. If D bones are crazed and used for the new prayer, they're gone by that time.

Also, the new prayers are amazing so there is no reason for the craze to lower. The lvl 92 prayer makes every single hit half a sgs special and it has a low drain rate, and considering that sgs's street price is 10m above med, I don't think the price of dbones are going down anytime soon, Good news to the green dragon hunters I geuss.

I'm pretty sure he meant the craze will be over because players will reach their wanted Prayer level, not because they'll abandon training it in the middle.

But, as D Bones go up, they get more enticing to collect, and supply will go way up.

While that is true, Dragon Bones have a unique situation in that the supply is already pushed close to it's limit.

1) Green Dragons for Example are always full except in the high wilderness where Rev's are abundant. Its very difficult to find an world that is not full in Chaos Tunnels or Eastern Wilderness.

With the exeption of the new Iron/Steel's, Metal dragons are very difficult to get to. And because of this most bones collected by them are burried since its to difficult to bank them and get back.

KBD is occupied on almost every world, either by slayers or lower level groups. Green Brutals are to hard to lower level players to kill on a regular basis, as with Miths.

Unless some store stocks Dragon Bones (which it should) we are going to see more and more demand, and supply wont be able to keep up with it. Even if bones are 10k each the lack of dragons keeps the supply low.

2) Dragon Bones take a long time to be produced. Even at max 99'd stats and equipment, I dont kill more than 100 Green Dragons an hour. A player training prayer on a guilded alter can use up 100 Dbones in under 5 minutes. Because of this speed difference this makes much more of a lack in supply since production is way behind demand.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Agreed... Would it really have been overpowered for them to just include increases for Ranged and Magic with the current Turmoil? Without a much higher drain rate that is...

2dgucz6.png

While that is true, Dragon Bones have a unique situation in that the supply is already pushed close to it's limit.

1) Green Dragons for Example are always full except in the high wilderness where Rev's are abundant. Its very difficult to find an world that is not full in Chaos Tunnels or Eastern Wilderness.

With the exeption of the new Iron/Steel's, Metal dragons are very difficult to get to. And because of this most bones collected by them are burried since its to difficult to bank them and get back.

KBD is occupied on almost every world, either by slayers or lower level groups. Green Brutals are to hard to lower level players to kill on a regular basis, as with Miths.

Unless some store stocks Dragon Bones (which it should) we are going to see more and more demand, and supply wont be able to keep up with it. Even if bones are 10k each the lack of dragons keeps the supply low.

2) Dragon Bones take a long time to be produced. Even at max 99'd stats and equipment, I dont kill more than 100 Green Dragons an hour. A player training prayer on a guilded alter can use up 100 Dbones in under 5 minutes. Because of this speed difference this makes much more of a lack in supply since production is way behind demand.

Crud, I hadn't thought of that.

Well, maybe Ourg bones will become viable. :thumbsup:

but the reflect spells don't do anything

It'd be nice if they created a shop that sold bones at a decent price at a stock of like 25 bones per day (gotta remember that each dragon bone is potentially about 350 XP)

Yeah, that would be nice. Maybe it could be one of those Achievement Diary-type rewards.