08-Dec-09 Kuradals Dungeon

Toad

[hide=Patch Notes]

Graphical

* Fixed a problem with the wall to the side of the shield shop in Falador.

Quests

* Corrected a few typos and grammatical errors in The Temple at Senntisten.

* Added more info to the quest journal for The Temple at Senntisten if you'd lost some of the quest items.

Minigames

* Fixed a problem with Mobilising Armies and summoning familiars.

Miscellaneous

* The fruit bats Fruit Fall summoning ability has been clarified and informs you if you attempt to use it while inside.

* Stopped players creating members objects used in the Missing My Mummy quest on free worlds.

* One of the locations in the Werewolf Agility course wasn't checking your Agility level.

* Adjusted the behaviour of the Wrath curse when dealing with large NPCs.

* Updated an old reference to the Lumbridge Guide via the lunar Contact NPC spell.

[/hide]

Well this update seems like a good goal to work towards! :^_^:

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it be funny if it was Sumona? EDIT: Oooh, try it with the ring of charos?!

Duracell and Sumona getting it on? :blink:

Charos ring doesn't work on powerful NPC's, I think there's some clarification of that. I know that there is an NPC in the Garden of Tranquility Quest that noticed its power and refused to talk to you.

Not sure how much I like this update... Gargoyles already got a nice place in the Chaos tunnels, and they're insanely close to a bank and it's easy to find an empty spot. Abyssal Demons have the neato alernative rift spot, and Steel/Iron dragons got a snazzy new spot with virtually no campers, and so close to a teleport spot it's worth banking the bones (level 89 Lunar Teleport+Duel Ring). Blue Dragons still have the ogre place. Not sure I'll be using her (though I definately will for 10th/50th tasks for more points). It all depends on the density of the creatures, though.

I'll have to see her entire task list and the effects of the stuff before I decide. Though I won't be training slayer for awhile in any case (am getting 82 herblore, will stew up for several hundred Extreme Anti-Fires, 89 magic for Ice Plateau teleport, then Campish Steel Dragons for bones/cash for 80 prayer, and maybe my own visage and another to chop off the number of dragons needed).

Also, a tip to slayers- Dharocking Gargoyles just completely annhilates them. Two-hit kills are very common (use crush setting).

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

Why would anyone honestly soul wars 99 slayer? and I know a level 3 has but it's completely pointless, plus the point of doing slayer is to complete tasks.. so I don't generally care if they cant get to the cape (which they still can lol).

How, exactly?

Talk to Kuradal -> Buy Skillcape -> Pay 99k -> Equipt Cape =D>

Plus once you gain access to ancient caverns its easy.. which you do to kill the spirit you can access it from that point (all you'd have to do is the; firemaking, fishing, herblore & smithing parts and then you're in) get friends to attack surrounding monsters and run through.

Surely a level 3 can do that can't she/he?

Kuradal is a hard task-master - not only will she only allow her own pupils to enter her dungeon

To be assigned a task from Kuradal, you need 75 Slayer and 110 Combat.

This needs confirmation, but combining both quotes seems to require 110 Combat IMO (if you need 110 Combat to be assigned a task, I assume that means you fit the title 'pupil of Kuradel', and according to the first quote, she will only allow her own pupils to enter the dungeon...)

Edit: Barbarian training also requires 15 Strength :o....

This needs confirmation, but combining both quotes seems to require 110 Combat IMO (if you need 110 Combat to be assigned a task, I assume that means you fit the title 'pupil of Kuradel', and according to the first quote, she will only allow her own pupils to enter the dungeon...)

Well, you needed 50 combat to get assigned a task by Duradel/Lapolak, but didn't need it to get the cape, so I would assume the same for Kuradel

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Kuradal is a hard task-master - not only will she only allow her own pupils to enter her dungeon

To be assigned a task from Kuradal, you need 75 Slayer and 110 Combat.

That's simply for access to the dungeon. And to be considered a 'pupil of Kuradal' you need a task from her.

The cow that she is..

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Well, you needed 50 combat to get assigned a task by Duradel/Lapolak, but didn't need it to get the cape, so I would assume the same for Kuradel

~Dan

The manual says she will only allow her pupils to enter the dungeon, the question is- does a pupil need only 75 Slayer, or both 75 Slayer and 110 Combat?

A Pupil will nred 75 Slayer and 110 Combat.

Just like to get a task off Duradel you need both 100 Combat and 50 Slayer.

Then that means buying a Slayer skillcape now requires 99 Slayer, 99K gp, 110 Combat (and atleast 15 Strength, lol...)

Sweet I don't like level 3s with slayer capes.

Skipped tasks got 280 Thzaars time to Turmoil Soil split etc my way through.

Reshuffling my block list soon to house these new failed tasks :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

No, it doesn't mean buying the Skillcape will require 110 Combat.

Seems like it to me...

Sweet I don't like level 3s with slayer capes.

Skipped tasks got 280 Thzaars time to Turmoil Soil split etc my way through.

Reshuffling my block list soon to house these new failed tasks :P

It's not only level 3 skillers, anyone with a combat level lower than 110 can't get those (what about those untrimmed Slayer cape fanatics? I'm sure they deserve the cape atleast as much as anyone else with 99 Slayer).

And skillers probably had a much harder time getting 99 Slayer than others, I believe they deserve it too.

Lastly, any 99 skill deserves it's cape for 99K gp, not other requirements added in.

Edit:

Someone want to put up a facepalm image?

You climb up steps to get to her, she is not in her dungeon instead, she is guarding the outside.

Lol...

(That still means 15 Strength is required though...)

Edited by romy

You can get to Kuradel at any level, you just cannot enter her dungeon unless you have 75 Slayer and 110 Combat so you should be able to get you Slayer cape regardless of your combat level.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

You can get to Kuradel at any level, you just cannot enter her dungeon unless you have 75 Slayer and 110 Combat so you should be able to get you Slayer cape regardless of your combat level.

But, imagine level 3s with 10 hp going for the slayer cape. What do you think will kill them first? The dragons or waterfiends?

But, imagine level 3s with 10 hp going for the slayer cape. What do you think will kill them first? The dragons or waterfiends?

It actualy requires atleast 7 Combat too...

95 slayer and doubt I'll use the slayer master because she doesn't assign Dags. :P If someone proves she's faster I probably will though.

Got plenty of goals before slayer anyway at the moment (98 fletch, 96 summon, 95 prayer, 96 herblore).

imagangster.png

Looking at Kuradel's task nothing seems hugely bad and blockworthy.

I mean Warped Torts obv.

But other than tht only really the odd maybe block task

eg

Terror Dogs

Hellhounds

Suqahs

Skele Wyverns

Thats only 5 I can see that you might want to block, and even then some of them is personal taste more than sheer crud task. I mean steels and irons aint bad with new spots and the rest are all pretty good taskes lol

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

somethign a little more on topic then the fact that a lvl 3 that should not even have 99 slayer cant get the cape(which is just fine with me)

i was killing dark beasts and this happened.

i hit a 35-5 with deflect melee so im guessing since dark beasts cant hit 50 that the +4 damage counts also towards the damage done be deflect.

here is a pic i got testing just standing there letting it hit me till i hit 5 with deflect prayer.

091208125212.png

not a big deal just a little better then those constent 1's without the ring on.

a4d6cf8282.png

100122210315.png

[garden tool]-lee crap, she's crazier than her dad. Slayer certainly runs in the family, anyway.

She... assigns living rock? :o I might have to get 110 combat and 75 slayer just so I can go see her and then get slayer exp while killing them.

In any case, I'm going to go jump down a whirlpool with some mushrooms and a spade and go see Miss Kuradel. With a couple rings, too... :D

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

[hide]

somethign a little more on topic then the fact that a lvl 3 that should not even have 99 slayer cant get the cape(which is just fine with me)

i was killing dark beasts and this happened.

i hit a 35-5 with deflect melee so im guessing since dark beasts cant hit 50 that the +4 damage counts also towards the damage done be deflect.

here is a pic i got testing just standing there letting it hit me till i hit 5 with deflect prayer.

091208125212.png

not a big deal just a little better then those constent 1's without the ring on.

[/hide]I believe the fletching cape was in the range guild originally but they changed it because of skillers, so they'll probably change this.

Isn't that a bad thing about deflect as it gives no xp?

imagangster.png